Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Very Grimm Tales

Cinder-ella

by queasy 0 reviews

Prince Koenma seeks a bride.

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG - Genres: Parody - Characters: Koenma, Yukina - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-06-21 - Updated: 2005-06-21 - 1548 words

1Funny
Cinder-ella

The Prince of the spirit world was outraged, and he had no qualms about showing it in his lord father's absence. "No way am I going to marry that ditz!" he raged, waving his pacifier emphatically in the air as his terrified attendants cringed from the powerful artefact in their lord's chubby little hand.

"Please be reasonable, Koenma-sama," pleaded George the eternally-harassed oni from behind the table. "The Lady Botan's pretty and nice, and Lord Enma will spank you if you defy him! You're already what, six or seven hundred, and still using a pacifier while your noble father is wishing for a grandchild!"

"Grandchild?!" squawked the indignant toddler, causing several of the onis and ferry-girls on duty to look at him askance, wondering at the image of the extremely youthful Prince with a baby of his own. They shook their heads, bemused, and hurried on with their endless tasks, not presuming to question the obviously deranged writer. It was evidently to be one of those unfortunate days when nothing made sense in their world.

"Just get married, and I'm sure everything will work itself out," George begged, then continued as fresh inspiration struck. "Lord Enma couldn't possibly demand a baby immediately; if you are married, he'd have to wait at least another century or two before complaining!"

"Just get married, huh," muttered Koenma thoughtfully, sticking his pacifier back in his mouth and sucking vigorously. "If that's his primary objective, he won't mind if I choose my own bride, will he? As long as I do get married?" he demanded of George who, having heard no instructions to the contrary, nodded frantically. Anything to get the story going. The Prince frowned in deep thought a moment, then snapped his fingers. "I've got it!"

*

Yukina was feeling just a little... left out. She sat meekly in a corner, watching her adoptive family prepare to go to the ball. Seeing her forlorn little face, Keiko bent down and patted her head consolingly. "It's really not safe for you to attend this one," she said. "I heard the organisers are trying to find some prince a bride, and he doesn't sound like the nice sort. We'll take you to some other party another time." Yukina tried to smile bravely as the others began putting on their shoes.

Shizuru looked Yukina's garb up and down appraisingly with a sly smirk. "Need to get her some new clothes before you do that, I think." Keiko shushed her hastily as Yukina wilted again.

"Hurry up," called Atsuko, Yuusuke's youthful mother and their self-appointed chaperon. "We're going to be late. Watch the house while we're gone, Yukina-chan!" she chirped merrily, waving goodbye as she ushered the two marriageable girls out the door.

"Watch the house," sighed Yukina, picking up a broom. Might as well make herself useful while she waited for them to return.

She had not been sweeping long, however, when a knock sounded at the door.

"Yukina-chan! So nice to see you here!" blurted Kuwabara on seeing her, quite forgetting that she had been staying in his house for the past month. "Where's everybody?" he thought to ask, recollecting himself as he peered around the empty house. The little ice maiden looked at the gaudy invitation left on the table in wordless reproach, and toyed with her broom. He picked it up and read it grimly, understanding it to be the cause of poor Yukina's unhappiness.

"How could they just go off to have fun and leave you behind to tend to the house like this!" cried Kuwabara indignantly. "Never mind, I'll bring you if they won't! Let's go, Yukina!"

"I can't go," protested Yukina timidly. "Shizuru-san thought my clothes were-"

"How dare she! You look wonderful just the way you are!" he declared staunchly in her defence.

"...Keiko-chan said it was dangerous-"

"I'll escort you there and wait for you at the entrance, then escort you back! You needn't worry about a thing, Yukina-chan, I'll take care of everything for you," he asserted bravely, and was rewarded by her radiant smile.

*

Yukina was getting bored. She was beginning to think that the others had the right idea in leaving her at home, and that they were being thoughtful rather than thoughtless, for once the excitement of new experiences had worn off, the party lost its magic for her. Then a piercing squeal cut through the general din, ringing in the sudden silence that fell over the floor.

"PERVERT~~~!!!" Followed up quickly with a resounding slap. A few nervous titters, as the crowd saw what lay at the centre of the disturbance, and returned to minding its own business. It was, after all, not the only such interruption that night.

"I don't see what the fuss is about," grumbled Prince Koenma to himself, rubbing his much-imprinted little cheek. "She was the one who grabbed me, and all I did was ask if she had enough milk. What is it with these girls anyway? One would think they were all lactose-intolerant. I should have asked the caterers to provide some other choices of drinks. I'll remember the next time I hold a party... maybe fruit juice will be good..."

He bumped into someone in the midst of his musings, and looked up at an angel with a gentle, lovely face, filled with such innocent concern, who didn't need to bend down much to touch his burning cheek with a cool hand that soothed away his pain in an instant. She was wearing a kimono, like the ferry-girls his father favoured, and he suspected that healing touch would do as much for his bottom as it did for his cheek, should his cantankerous father decide to take out his annoyance on it again. He was in love.

"Miss..." he breathed, gazing upon her in wonder. "Will you marry me?"

Yukina had no idea what the little toddler was asking of her, but while she was innocent, she was no fool. She decided it was a very good idea to find Kuwabara and go home immediately, considering the look of naked avarice on the Prince's face, a look she was familiar with from her time spent with the evil human who had held her captive for her precious teargems.

The angel had suddenly taken fright and attempted to flee him. "No, please wait!" He reached after her, calling for aid. "George, stop her!"

Keiko turned just in time to see Yukina duck out the back door in a hurry, trailed by the perverted toddler prince and his faithful oni servant, and grabbed Shizuru and Atsuko in a panic. "Yukina's in trouble! We've got to help her!"

"Yukina? What is she doing here? Never mind," growled Atsuko, disgruntled by the unforgivable failure of the Prince to provide liquor, "I'll drive."

In her haste to get away, Yukina had to abandon poor Kuwabara, waiting patiently at the main entrance, and a slipper as well, when a strap broke untimely. She managed to get home safely however, and was hustled into a back room by her friends who had arrived before she did. They managed to put up some semblance of being surprised and puzzled when Koenma burst in, demanding incoherently to see his angel who had run away from the ball and left a little slipper to know her by and would absolutely have to marry him just as soon as he could make the arrangements for the wedding and honeymoon and would they kindly bring her out to try on the slipper please-

"We get the picture," cut in Keiko hastily. "So whoever can wear the slipper is your intended, right? Shizuru-"

Shizuru snorted. "No way I can put on that tiny thing, so don't even think about it, Keiko. Besides, I'm not going to sacrifice my future for Yukina- chan, however much I or my idiot brother may like her." A helpless look at Atsuko availed her nothing, and with a deep breath, Keiko closed her eyes and slid her foot into the slipper. It didn't fit.

Koenma was frowning at her with all the regal hauteur a six-hundred-odd toddler could summon. "I know there is another girl in this house. I saw her come in. Make her come out and try on the slipper, or I can and will make your household regret it."

Reluctantly, Keiko opened the door to let Yukina out. A dainty foot fit perfectly into the slipper, and Koenma broke out in a delighted grin, looking into his beloved's... glowing red eyes, blazing from a furious little face, a rumbling growl rising from deep in his chest, as he loosened his sword, clearly undecided between dicing him into mince and burning him to cinders.

"Uh... uh... nevermind, sorry to bother you all, I just came to invite all of you to my wedding to Lady Botan- bye!" babbled Koenma, removing himself in as great a hurry as he had arrived.

"Thank you for saving me, Hiei-san" said Yukina gratefully, and Hiei snorted, not wanting to seem overly concerned, but not in the least displeased by the happy look on her face. They all settled down for some tea after all the excitement.

It was then Yukina remembered in dismay: "Oh no, I left Kuwabara-kun waiting at the ball!"

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story