Categories > Movies > Aladdin > Sultana

Sultana

by Jupiter_Lover 3 reviews

((This takes place about 7 months BEFORE Aladdin and such)) THe Sultan comes up with the wonderful idea to find a wife and a mother for Jasmine. But the woman he chooses is far from perfect, an...

Category: Aladdin - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-06 - 1040 words

-1Boring
It seemed to be a perfect and peaceful day in the city of Agrabah, birds singing, butterflies flying through the air---

But, in the Palace of the Sultan, things were nowhere near peaceful.
Besides, Agrabah didn't even have birds that sung, or butterflies anyways.

There was so much hustle and bustle going around the large Palace, that the Sultan himself didn't know what to do.
At the current moment, he was running around, trying to order his servants to get everything perfect. Today was a very important day, one that his whole life depended on, really.

You see, today was the day that the Sultan's future wife would be arriving, and seeing as it was almost sun set, the Sultan only had a bit more time to get ready.
Of course, according to tradition, the Sultan had chosen a woman who was very much younger then he was, at the most thirty years old. But that was only for the purpose that when the Sultan died, there would be someone to take over the throne.
But, the Sultan had to make sure that the woman he picked was also of some royalty, and a good leader none the less. And of course she had to be a nice person as well, to fit the Sultan's own personality.
He was a sweet, old man, but the woman he had chosen was nothing of the sort.

She could of course put on the act of a nice person, but her personality rather contrasted with the Sultans. She had one short temper, as well as somewhat of an instinct to be mischievous, and well, to put it simply, evil. She was only really in all this for the chance of becoming Sultana in the near future. The Sultan himself was old enough, he'd be dying sometime soon, and that would give her a chance to steal the throne.

But, what the woman wasn't expecting was a daughter. The Sultan had not told her anything about said daughter, Princess Jasmine, so that might put a damper in her plans. Speaking of which, Jasmine had just begun to rush her father off back into his room, were his servants were going to be getting him ready, to look perfect for his future wife.

Who was indeed just arriving now, as the sun began to fall behind the palace.

Nashira was a beautiful woman, yes, handpicked by the Sultan himself, who also wanted someone by his side to make him look good. She arrived by horse, her entourage and servants surrounding her as escorts as she rode herself into Agrabah on a beautiful black horse. Of course, she was barely visible from the majority of others surrounding her.

As the guards of the Palace spotted the group of people and horses nearing, they announced it throughout the Palace, causing the Sultan to let out some what of a horrified gasp as he began to stumble out of his room.

"But I'm not ready!" He called out to his daughter as she led him out to the main throne room of the palace somewhat against his will.
"You'll do fine, Father, don't worry about it!" She exclaimed, somewhat primped and fancily dressed herself.
She pushed him up onto his throne, and stood next to him.

But, there seemed to be someone missing...

Ah, yes! The Royal Vizier! This welcoming ceremony would be nothing without Jafar, of course! So he could give the Sultan advice on well..everything. The Sultan called his name as loud as he could, only hoping his Vizier would here him before---Oops, too late.

The main entrance doors swung open, and it took a moment for the crowd to step aside, all dressed in royal red in black outfits, and announce the arrival of,
"Hrabìnka (A/N: I do believe that is the Arabic world for Countess, I am not sure though) Nashira Jevani Kiar!"

The name rang throughout the large throne room, and the Sultan gulped rather loudly, crossing his small hands in front of him as he just waited for the woman, whose figure he could see in the shadows, to step out.

And when she did he was all that he'd expected and more.

Clad in black, elegant silk and lace, a veil covered most of her face, form the nose down, and underneath the veil, you could just barely make out her high-strung, elegant features. Her dark green eyes fell immediately upon the Sultan, and a smile could not help but make it's way onto her face. Ah, yes, by the somewhat idiotic grin on his face, she could tell he was oblivious to the true reason she was going to marry him.

She was slim and tall, with a tiny bit of curves, but not by much. A slender hand reached out of a long black sleeve to pull away the cloak she'd been wearing to protect herself from the desert sands during the travel, and she handed it to one of her servants, who bowed before taking it from her.

She gave a bow of her head in the Sultans direction as the long, wavy blonde hair fell from the hood which had just been peeled of her along with the cloak, and she let it fall somewhat over her shoulders, but mostly down her back.

Her attire was a typical harem outfit, revealing quite a bit of her tan skin, once again made of the finest silk and lace, and a few silver dangling trinkets here and there. A few bracelets and necklaces as well, all silver covered her arms and neck, giving her that regal touch.

The Sultan could make out not a word as he watch her gracefully began heading towards his throne, until she was directly in front of him, and gave a deep bow. "Hello, my dear Sultan." She spoke with a slight accent, of what was not distinguishable, though it sounded slightly..Egyptian.

It was only then that she noticed the girl standing next to the Sultan, and the Sultan himself noticed that his Vizier Jafar had not yet made it into the Throne Room yet. Well, one could say Nashira was more confused and angry then the Sultan was.
Sign up to rate and review this story