Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood

Down the Rabbit Hole

by Marvolo666 0 reviews

Through the fire and the flames

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Kingsley,Ron,Umbridge - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2017-05-19 - 11220 words - Complete

0Unrated
Helga hated her name. For one, Helga was actually a he. Second being named after one of the Great Witches or Wizards of all time was a daunting thing to live up to. Third, Hufflepuff was the lamest of the Founders, she didn't even go mad like the other three.

"Brooding about your name again Helga." His sister Godric replied.

Helga nodded. "Why do our parents hated us?"

Godric shrugged. "I don't think they hated us, they just weren't all there in the head."

Helga nodded as she looked around the Ministry Auditorium. It seemed only hours earlier the place was packed with Witches and Wizards who had vacated the village of Hogsmeade after a Goblin attack. Now it was quiet and the Bitterbun twins were stuck on guard duty, the most boring shift a Totalitar could get. Helga whispered. "I just realized, our names would be a lot cooler if we switched."

Godric smirked. "And be named after Helga? I don't think so."

Helga growled. "Hufflepuff's are cool!"

"Shut up!" Godric snapped quietly.

"Newt Scamander was a Hufflepuff," Helga continued with a booming voice. "Admittedly it was only to make up for the lack of notable Hufflepuffs in canon...but still, they aren't that bad and this is coming from a Slytherin."

"I said shut up!" Godric whispered harshly. "You hear that."

Helga nodded as he heard a weird sound. "What on earth is-"

Suddenly Two Goblins exploded from the roof above them and landed on the two Totalitar. The Goblins thrust their spears into the Totalitar siblings before crying out.

"DRORKATCH! DRORKATCH!"

Goblins suddenly started pouring from the holes in the roof. They entered the Ministry in swarms. The auditorium was packed by the time Ragnok crawled down sniffing the air lightly. The Goblins were chanting viciously as they gnawed on their teeth. Ragnok looked over his Goblin hoard as he shouted. "I want every human in this filthy hole found. Bring me the girl and the Minister alive. Bring the rest of them back piece by piece!"

The Goblins started moving when Ragnok raised his hand. The Goblin King took a sniff before uttering. "Something's not right. This was...too easy!"

Ragnok looked up and shouted. "SHIELDS!"

Most of the Goblins raised their shields in time as they were suddenly assaulted by a blitzkrieg of spells and curses fired from the walls. The slower Goblins fell, dead before they hit the floor. Ragnok watched as thousands of Totalitar seemed to jump off the wall, lowering their disillusion charms that hid them there.

Ragnok cried out as they began to land on the Goblins. "Raise your spears!"

Many Totalitar shrieked as they landed on Goblin spears, causing the Goblins to let out cruel laughs. Ragnok drew his blade and roared. "BUTCHER THEM ALL!"

The floor of the Ministry was quickly bathed in blood as Totalitar and Goblins battled viciously in the Ministry. Ragnok had butchered five Totalitar when a sudden explosion took out a huge chunk of the wall where visiting Wizards entered from. Witches and Wizards piled into the Auditorium, armed only with their wands. Ragnok recognized them all too well.

Ron and Hermione led the group casting a spell that burned the letters LLR into the ceiling. They were followed by Ginny and George before the rest of the LLR charged in. Ragnok shouted above the chaos with his deep voice. "This is your last chance! Join us or be an enemy of the Goblin Nation. Interfere and we will cut you all down with extreme prejudice."

Hermione cast a Sonorus charm and shouted. "We will support your right to be treated as equals but we will never support the enslavement of sentient beings, be they Goblin, Wizard or Muggle!"

Ragnok shook his head before bellowing. "KILL THEM ALL!"

Hermione and Ron fought their way through the chaos as they tried to subdue the other two armies. It was near impossible to identify friend from foe. In the thick of the fighting everyone was an enemy. Ron and Hermione held each other's hand tightly as they tried to make it through the bedlam. They glanced at each other as they both conjured shields. Ron uttered. "I love you Hermione. I should have told you sooner."

"Sooner? You've been telling me that since last summer." Hermione replied as she ducked the swing of a Goblin sword.

"Yeah but this time I mean it...WAIT! That didn't come out right." Ron replied as Hermione's glare made him comprehend his words

"I just meant, I really...really, well..." Ron blushed before Hermione pushed him to the ground, avoiding a thrust of a Goblin spear. Hermione fired a curse at the Goblin before giving a hand to Ron. "I really love you too, now enough mushy romance. I don't want the Goblins to offer me your bloody heart for Valentine 's Day."

Ron paled as he dodged a curse. "Shit I forgot, Valentine's day is next week. Hermione is going to kill me."

From the outside of the Ministry, Muggles were peering into the hole where a phone booth had once been. From the sounds of cries and growls to the flashes of light and earth shaking explosions, it seemed like a war was going on down there. One young man asked. "What's happening down there?"

Anderson the baker squinted as he tried to look down the hole. "I don't know. Hey you don't reckon this has to do with that Wizard stuff on the news."

"You mean the Magi?" An old man croaked. "Sounds like hogwash to me."

The Baker retorted. "Then how do you explain what's happening down there?"

The young man frowned before glancing at the Baker. "I think you might be onto something. Well there's only one way to find out."

The young man whipped out an invisibility cloak and threw it around his shoulders causing the Muggles to gasp. The young man's floating head uttered cheerfully. "The name's Harry by the way, well cheerio."

With that Harry threw the rest of the invisibility cloak over his head before jumping down the hole. Leaving the bewildered Muggles in a stunned silence. Before they bolted from the spot to tell their friends what they had just seen.

Harry quickly found himself ducking and dodging spears and curses from all sides as he tried to move through the fighting, casting subtle banishing spells from underneath his cloak forming a small pathway through the fighting. Harry spotted Ron and Hermione fighting a group of Totalitar, the latter with a Goblin spear. Harry noticed a Goblin approaching them and banished his friends to the floor. The Goblin leaped over them and attacked the Totalitar with viciousness, taking out three rather violently before being felled by a barrage of curses.

Hermione looked to where the banishing hex had been sent from, but could see no one there. Hermione gave a subtle nod, certain Harry was still there, before pulling Ron to his feet and continuing to fight. Harry had nodded back but under the cloak had not been seen. Harry turned and continued his way through the fighting before reaching the hallway he was looking for.

He ran down the hall, watching the more scattered groups of skirmishes before reaching a magical contraption that acted like an elevator. Harry waved the elder wand and the door opened just enough for him to slip inside. Harry heard a woman's voice utter in his ear. "Please identify yourself at once Sir or we will inform the department of Magical."

Harry sighed and waved the elder wand. The voice spoke again. "Please name the Level you wish to go to Sir."

Harry spoke clearly. "Level 9."

"Very good sir." The voice said as the Harry felt the elevator move sideways then backwards. "Please brace yourself Sir, next stop level 9."

And with that, the elevator dropped.

Kingsley Shacklebolt knocked on the door to Delores's office who uttered softly. "Enter."

Kingsley opened the door to find Umbridge sitting at her desk nursing a cup of tea while watching a screen on her wall. It was like a Muggle television but the screen was the actual wall only enchanted. "The Goblins have made their move, just as we predicted and the LLR have attacked as well. Ragnok and Granger are among them."

Kingsley looked at the fighting and nodded. "You can take out two of our enemy's leaders in one strike."

Delores grinned as she whispered. "I think it's time we test our power by unleashing it on our attackers."

Kingsley looked worriedly towards Umbridge. "Minister, they are untrained and unstable. Surely you can't mean to-"

"They will be more than effective destroying our enemies." Delores replied giggling.

"I don't doubt that, I'm more worried for the Totalitar fighting and dying to protect us from our enemies." Kingsley growled.

"It is not your job to worry, nor is it prudent of you to question my orders or authority!" Delores snapped harshly. "Your job is to do what I tell you when I tell you. Now I'm telling you unleash our full force and if they kill the Totalitar, well there's plenty more where they came from. Do you understand."

"Yes Minister." Kingsley grumbled as he fumed.

"What was that dear? I didn't hear you?" Delores asked with a sweet smile,

" I said yes Minister." Kingsley drawled before storming for the door.

"Ahem," Delores coughed as she got her servant's attention. "It seems one of the lifts has begun to descend without proper authorization. It is currently heading for level 9. Likely a couple Goblins or Rebels are coming down to capture me, could you do me a favor and take care of that for me first Kingsley?"

"Yes Minister?" Shacklebolt drawled as he left the room. Delores smiled after him, despite his flaws he truly was a good little servant, if he could still be called servant. Slave seemed to be a more fitting title for the former Minister of Magic.

Delores yawned before she rose to her feet. "Busy day today, crushing rebellions and starting experiments, should be fun."

"You have arrived at, Level 9."

"Shut up." Harry grumbled as he stumbled out of the dammed contraption and struggled not to vomit. "Worse than the damn Night Bus. I think I'm going to be sick."

"Very good sir." The voice uttered politely as the lift door closed. Harry regained his bearings before walking down the dark hallways. The floor and walls were black tiled and the rooms were only lit by torch light. Harry ran past the many rooms where the Wizengamot would meet to settle matters and hold trials before the Governing branch, at least they did before "Grimhilde" disbanded the highly esteemed body. Harry eventually past the room that held his unlawful trial for underage magic, it had been in this room that he first laid eyes on Delores Umbridge, the thought made his spine curl.

Harry felt his heartbeat quicken as he approached the door as black as death. Harry waved his wand and walked through the door letting it close behind him. Harry looked around the circular entrance chamber and the doors witch surrounded him. As the black door shut behind him, the surrounding walls began to the spin at blinding speeds before coming to a stop..

Harry walked towards the center of the room looking at the doors surrounding him, after they had spun on the walls it was near impossible to determine which door was witch. Harry reached into his pocket and held the resurrection stone in the palm of his hand. Harry watched as a small group of ghosts appeared before him. Harry whispered. "Were you able to find her."

The Ghost formerly known as Nearly Headless Nick nodded the head which he held in his hands, which happened to be his own. "They are keeping her in the very deepest and darkest depths of the Department of Mysteries. None of these doors will take you there you must go."

Harry spoke desperately. "Is she ok?"

Moaning Myrtle spoke. "When I found her she was bad, they are keeping her in a cage with other Muggles and Squibs, and they are being guarded by Dementors. She thinks you're dead."

Harry felt his heart break as he took a shuddering breath. "Did you speak with her?"

Myrtle sadly nodded her head as she cried. "I tried but I don't think she even knew I was there, it was like I didn't exist, like nothing did. She just seemed so empty..."

"Oh Luna" Harry whispered before he swallowed down his sorrow and spoke up. "Tell the other Ghosts it's time for step two."

The ghosts nodded before they began to fade, Harry stopped the Grey Lady first. "There a room that's, different from the others."

The Grey Lady frowned. "They are all different."

"I mean, there was a door I couldn't open last time no matter what I tried...One of these doors. Dumbledore said that behind it was...a room that studied love." Harry frowned as he said this, it still felt ridiculous as he said this. "I don't think he lied to me, but I don't think he told the whole truth."

"If he did know what was behind that door, he was likely sworn to secrecy, unspeakable or not." The Ghost replied. "I do not know what is behind that door, but I would not enter it unless you wish to become like me."

Harry watched as the ghost vanished before shaking his head. He didn't have time for this, he had to rescue Luna. Harry knelt down on the center of the floor and tapped the elder wand three times while channeling his magic into the Death stick. Harry could feel the magic of the chamber's wards attempt to reject the unknown wand but Harry felt them give in to the might of the wand. Suddenly there was a large rumbling noise of grinding gears and the room started it's decent, deep into the earth.

Kingsley cursed under his breath when he heard the grinding of gears from behind the closed door of the Entrance Chamber. Clearly the intruders had made it farther than Delores thought they would. This did not bode well for the Unspeakables in charge of security and that included himself. Still this was a rather simple problem to solve. Raising his Scythe he aimed it at a rune placed on the bottom left corner of the door and watched it glow red. "Good riddance."

With that Kingsley took to the stairs, floating up them to his next destination.

Harry sighed as the room continued its decent, he had tried whistling but had resorted to pacing back and forth, but nothing relieved him of his impatience. His friends were above him fighting a war while his Luna was somewhere below him. Yet the room seemed to move at a glacial pace. Harry's patience reached the end of its short rope, when the room came to a sudden stop, sending him to the floor.

"Unauthorized entry into the Department of Mysteries is punishable with a lifetime in Azkaban or death. Have a nice day." The voice uttered from nowhere,

Harry shouted with frustration. "MERLIN'S SAGGY B-"

Harry was cut off when he felt the floor beneath him start to slant as the grinding of gears vibrated the room. Harry didn't know what was happening but knew it was bad as he cursed under his breath. "I was going to say beard."

Harry felt the floor slant further and looked over his shoulder. The floor had detached itself from the room and was slanting further down. It was as if the entire room was an upside down can being opened, and the floor was the lid. Harry struggled to keep his feet under him as he saw the seemingly endless void that would greet him if he slid down the floor. The only sign that there was a huge drop in the darkness was a faint glow from the bottom of the abyss, which Harry could swear was the very center of the earth.

Harry felt himself start to slide down towards the fatal drop and started clawing at the floor, yet he seemed to only slide faster. Harry raised his wand and cried out, summoning a rope from his wand. With speed he did not know he possessed Harry ended the spell and quickly fired a sticking charm just as the rope hit the wall. Harry simultaneously grabbed the rope with is free hand just as he ended the spell, holding onto the rope for dear life as the floor tilted a full 90 degree angle, leaving him hanging over the abyss.

The voice returned and uttered. "Unauthorized spell casting is illeg-"

"SHUT UP!" Harry shouted as he felt the rope begin to give from his weight. Before Harry could cast another spell the rope snapped.

Harry felt the wind rush past his face as he plummeted down the large dark hole. He looked around and saw many doors on the walls. Harry closed his eyes and let the world fall away from him as he uttered the spell. "Imaginatio Potestatem."

The wind in his face vanished as he froze in mid air. Harry grinned as he looked around him but it vanished from his face as he took in the hundreds of doors around him. One of them lead to Luna. "Bugger."

...an intruder, likely a Wizard. The Unspeakables' who aren't fighting are busy keeping the Wizarding settlements in check and infiltrating the Muggle Government. Come back down and take care of this problem, and bring some of Project M.I.M. with you."

Kingsley nodded as he listened to Umbridge's Patronus. He was unable to respond however, as his Patronus casting abilities seemed to have left him some time during his own participation in Project Magic is Might. When it faded away Kingsley approached the room he wished to never enter.

Kingsley entered the dark room with his hood up and his scythe ready to strike. With a raise of his hand the sound of growls could be heard from within the darkness. Kingsley's eyes seemed to glow yellow like a cats as he uttered. "Supper time.."

The creatures from within roared with ghastly dry voices as yellow eyes met his own. Kingsley raised his scythe to the wall which parted to reveal an archway. Kingsley conjured a chunk of meat and could hear them salivating. Kingsley closed his eyes and tossed the meat through the archway. The creatures hollered as they stampeded through the archway and out of the room. With only a few remain Kingsley shut the archway and let the creatures loose in the Ministry. When they had vanished, Kingsley uttered with great trepidation. "In the name of Merlin, may Godric have mercy on us all."

"RRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRREEEEEIIIIIUUUUU!"

Harry slammed the door immediately, he didn't even want to know what made that sound. Harry cursed under his breath as he looked at the rows and rows of doors, there must be hundreds of them and he really didn't have time for this.

"Do not let your emotions blind you." Harry heard Flamel whisper to him. "You must follow your mind and your heart if you wish to see Luna again."

Harry nodded to the specter in his mind. "But there are hundreds of doors, any one of them could lead me to Luna."

"No Harry, only one can. Ask yourself, where are they keeping Luna?" Flamel asked him calmly.

"The dungeons." Harry replied before his eyes lightened up. "THE DUNGEONS!"

Harry flew downwards as he exclaimed. "They'll be keeping her in the deepest part of the Department of Mysteries. So the doors near the bottom will hopefully take me to her.

Harry stopped his decent as he approached the wall of fire he had believed to be the center of the earth. Harry could feel the heat. Harry noticed only a single door and opened it. The room was very small and in the center of it was a single hole. It was so small Harry would have sworn a Rabbit had dug it. Harry shook his head. "It goes even deeper and the only way there is, is through this hole."

"Alas it seems to be the only way." Flamel replied.

Harry chuckled. "Seems fitting, ever since I met Luna it feels like I've been going further down the Rabbit hole."

"I was never a fan of Lewis Carroll's work myself, something Albus never stopped hounding me over. I will say this, if you go down that hole, I suspect you will be entering a realm of madness."

Harry looked nervously at the hole. "What exactly do you think is down this hole."

"That, even I do not know." Flamel uttered solemnly.

Harry sighed as he whispered. "I'm coming Luna." before jumping down the hole.

Harry felt like he was apparating and being sucked through a straw. Harry saw flashes of colours around him as he went. Harry had jumped feet first but felt like he was zooming down head first, he wasn't sure if he was going up, down, left or right. At one point Harry felt his legs fly off only for them reappear in the next moment. Then everything went black and Harry could feel the wind in his face.

Harry swore he saw his Aunt before him hissing "Just as strange just as...abnormal"

Then Luna's head appeared and uttered. "You're just as sane as I am"

Dumbledore's head appeared while chewing and mumbled "Alas Earwax."

Harry blinked his eyes as he felt the hole shake.

Petunia shrieked "Just as strange just as...abnormal"

Luna hummed "You're just as sane as I am"

Dumbledore's mumbled. "Alas Earwax."

Harry felt like he was going to be sick as the hole shook again, this time much more violently.

Petunia hummed "Just as strange just as...abnormal!"

Luna shrieked "You're just as sane as I am!"

Dumbledore hollered with rage. "ALAS EARWAX!"

Suddenly the hole shook violently and viciously, smashing Harry's head around with whiplash inducing power. Harry felt himself be shot up and out of the hole from where he had come. Harry landed on the floor covered in a fowl sticky slime while the hole seemed to wretch as it coughed hoarsely. The hole's coughing died down to the point where it took in a couple deep breaths, then panted. "Excuse me dear sir."

Harry stared at the hole for a full minute before opening the door and flying back up. "Last time I listen to Flamel, all that for nothing-OH MERLIN!"

Harry swerved back down just as he nearly flew into the wall of fire which was suddenly above him. Harry panted as he flew about fifty feet below the flames and heard Flamel whisper. "My apologizes for the inadequate advice."

"Shut up." Harry mumbled as he let himself fall down the dark abyss.

There were only three doors that greeted Harry at the bottom of the great abyss. Harry floated down and reached out to open the second door when he heard Flamel whisper in his mind. "I would not do that if I were you."

Harry frowned as he replied. "Why not?"

"It would be the last thing you ever do, is that a sufficient answer for you."

Harry looked back at the door and slowly nodded before looking around the room. "Flamel, is it just me, or are the walls made of liquid."

Harry realized that despite the doors, the walls seemed to be acting almost like a waterfall, yet the liquid did not just fall but it swirled in certain areas. Harry grinned as he approached one of the larger whirlpools and slowly floated through the liquid. Harry felt the water rush through his ears and into his brain before coming out through his nose, spraying onto the floor. Harry gasped and gagged at the sudden sensation before taking in his surroundings.

The room was the biggest Harry had ever seen, it seemed infinitely large and as Harry turned around, he saw that the liquid wall from whence he had come from, was a simple little pond on the floor. Harry could see his own reflection, not in the brown water but the black floor which shined from the smallest of light. A light that had no source.

Harry slowly walked through the room and called out. "Hello..."

He heard his voice echo around him and felt more alone than he had ever felt in his whole life, like he was the last man on earth. "Hello...Luna?"

His voice echoed again and Harry cursed under his breath, He then heard a flapping of wings above his head and looked up to see a creature of monstrous size flying slowly above him, making haunting yet beautiful noise. It was a flying whale, bigger than any creature Harry had ever seen before. It was swimming through the emptiness above him, no wings, no water, and no fathomable explanation. Not even Magic could do this miracle justice and Harry could only stare mesmerized...before he heard another sound. "SHHHHSHHHHSH."

Harry gasped as he saw a humanoid creature approach him, it was glowing yellow and he could feel the heat coming off its body...a body made only of fire. Harry shook his head wearily. "Seriously...a Heliopath?"

Harry's eyebrows rose as the room started to glow and as Harry turned around he saw a dozen more of the fire spirits approach him cautiously. Harry couldn't stop himself from laughing. "The Ministry has an army of Heliopaths, the Quibbler was bloody right."

Harry heard another sound from behind him and as he turned he realized the Heliopath's had surrounded him. It was at this moment when a thought entered into his head. "These things are friendly right?"

The spirits raised their hands in perfect synchronicity and a deep voice echoed through the room.

"BURN!"

"Bugger" Harry uttered as he quickly raised his wand and cast a shield around himself just was fire spewed from the fire spirits' arms, engulfing Harry's shield. Through the shield of flames, Harry could see their horrible faces, full of sorrow and pain. Harry transfigured the shield to water and it slashed on the Heliopaths. Harry ignored their cries of pain and leaped over them, running has fast as he could.

Harry ducked as another fireball was thrown in his direction. Suddenly Harry head was full of a loud horrific buzzing, as if he'd run into the swarm of bees.

Hahahahahah

Harry kept running, ignoring the buzzing, nearly run straight into the attacking Heliopaths, he must have been turned around somehow. Harry blamed the Wrackspurts...wait, the Wrackspurts? Where did that come from?

Harry raised his wand and blasted water at the fire spirits, causing them to hiss as steam rose from them.

Hahahaha

Harry heard a roar from above him and saw a large bat like creature swooping down towards him, Harry ducked it's claws and started running, the buzzing still in his head. As the heat from the charging Heliopaths grew stronger and stronger. Harry spotted a door in the center of the room, despite not being attached to anything,

Harry was certain it would lead somewhere. Harry sprinted towards the door as fast as his legs could carry him. As he nearly reached the door, He froze, realizing, between him and the door was a large pond over 20 feet in length, except whatever was in the pond was neither water or a known liquid, but some substance Harry had never before seen. Before Harry could react he was surround by even more of the fire spirits. Harry spun around, raising his wand at all of them.

HAHA-

.

.

RRRRRRRRRRROOOOORRRRRREEEEECCCCCCHHHHHH!

.

.

.

Harry slowly turned around and watched in horror as a giant head emerge from the pond, It had the head of a giant turtle, it also had razor sharp teeth and two saber like fangs, sticking out of its mouth. It's head was attached to a long neck that looked almost like an eels and it's eyes were purple with yellow pupils.

The creature snorted before opening its mouth and unleashing a powerful blast of liquid from its throat, sending Harry to the floor and the Heliopaths fleeing for their existence. Harry coughed up the liquid which was definitely not water and looked up to see the creature bearing it's fangs down at him. It lunged it's head forward and Harry was certain he was dead. However to his surprise, the monstrous head went over him and bit down hard on the Bat like creature that was approaching Harry from behind. Harry could only watch as the creature screamed before the monster pierced it with its long fangs, and plunged it's head back into the pond, which turned back into the black floor.

Harry looked down at the floor around him, realizing where the monster probably was. Harry was tempted to walk across the floor in front of him, but seeing that a giant monster had come from it, he decided on another approach, Harry aimed his wand at the seemingly solid floor and cast a blast hex as he jumped. The blast sent him flying over the former pond and by the random door that stood in the center of the room. Harry rose to his feet and quickly opened the door. As soon as he did he felt gravity throw him through the doorway and before he could say Quidditch, was falling sideways.

Harry landed on a floor he could not feel or see physically, but he could feel the energy coming from it as his fall stopped, He could also hear the humming of energy around him. Harry raised his wand and uttered "Lumos."

Harry saw the light in front of him, but it illuminated nothing in the darkness, it was as if there was nothing to show at all. Harry whispered, "What is this place?"

Harry heard Flamel answer him back. "I can only guess, and even I am not certain. It is as if this room has no matter, only pure energy."

"So it's a room without matter?" Harry asked with a frown before grinning mischievously. "So your saying this room doesn't matter? Then what's the point of building a room without matter if it didn't matter in the first place. Why would it matter to the Unspeakables if a room had no matter. On that Matter..."

"WILL YOU SHUT YOUR..." Flamel started to shout before reigning himself in before continuing. "It doesn't matter right now...Dammit, stop laughing and listen. You need to try and get out of here...Oh...Dear..." Flamel trailed off.

"What's the matter?" Harry quipped with a grin before feeling the heat on the back of his neck, and light entering his vision. Harry turned around and gulped.

A giant yellow ball was floating towards him. It was almost like a small sun. It was lower than him but the closer it got the more the invisible floor started to give, as if it was cloth. Harry felt himself start to slide down towards the sun and quickly cast a shield to slow down his fall, it didn't matter much, the shield seemed to slide down into the small sun, which absorbed the Magical energy and grew even larger. It was like the small start was consuming everything in its path, including a very nervous Boy-Who-Lived.

Flamel uttered dead pan. "I was wrong, there is matter here."

"What does it matter if you were wrong!? I've got bigger problems!" Harry shouted as he slipped farther down towards the sun.

"Matter Matters Harry Potter, and if it's any consolation, I think I know how you can get out of here." Flamel retorted with a dignified snort. "Send a blast of magic into the small sun."

"Won't that make it even bigger!" Harry yelled back.

"Not if it's a really powerful spell. That will cause it to collapse upon itself, like any other star." Flamel intoned.

Harry aimed his wand and tried to think of a spell when a memory came into his mind.

Luna then pulled Harry to her and threw them both off the edge of the building. Harry fell with Luna in his arms as she kissed him. Harry never felt in danger for a moment as he could feel the speed of their fall slow down until they slowly flew over Hogwarts. Harry looked peacefully into Luna's eyes as they just stared at each other in silence. Harry was overwhelmed by his feelings. He was in a moment of bliss he never thought was possible.

Harry raised his wand and cried out. "Expecto Patronum."

A blast of light left his wand as the Patronus flew straight into the heart of the small sun. It started growing bigger, heading straight towards Harry before seemingly collapsing on itself, like Flamel had predicted.. Harry raised his wand and cast a shield just as a wave of fire blasted outwards.

"Oh dear."

"What now Nicolas!" Harry snapped.

"You used too much magic." Flamel replied. "Depending on the amount you will either survive this...or be turned into spaghetti."

"Oh...WHAT!?"

The sun had shrunken and seemed to be heavier, pulling the cloth like floor beneath Harry's feet further down, before in the center of the small sun, a small hole tore in the fabric and the sun started to run down the hole, as if it was water down a drain.

"Is that a black hole?" Harry exclaimed. "What the Bloody hell!

Harry felt himself being sucked down into the hole, he tried to grab onto the fabric of energy but it didn't seem to be there. Before Harry could blink he was being sucked down the hole, spinning in circles as he shouted at Flamel. "I blame you for this you Mother FuAAAA!"

Harry felt himself zooming through nothingness before seeing the bright white floor approach him. Before Harry could react, his decent slowed down before stopping just feet from the floor. Then he fell upwards fifteen feet, hitting the dark ceiling. Harry groaned as he rolled onto his stomach and slowly rose to his feet. It seemed the dark ceiling was actually the floor. Harry grumbled as he got to his feet. "What the hell just happened?"

Harry stumbled forward down the corridor before entering the next room. He quickly whipped on his invisibility cloak and ducked down. Two Dementors stood guard by a doorway. Over the door was a sign that read, Biology Center.

Harry heard Flamel whisper to him. "If they were to keep the living creatures in the Department of Mysteries, be they monsters, animals, Squibs or Muggles, they would keep them here, at the Department of Mysteries very depths so they could not escape."

Harry glared at the sign. "You think they're keeping Luna in there. She's not an animal!"

"Ha, young and prideful, thinking you're better than other creatures because you're human. Well guess what. She is an animal, you are an animal, and I'm a dead animal. We are all animals, Humans, Goblins, and other sentient beings are simply ahead of the curve. That said, do you really suspect Umbridge to notice the difference?" Flamel asked with a snort of disdain.

Harry's glare softened, "Luna's in there, she's really in there?"

"Possibly. But Squibs and Muggles aren't the only things studied here." Flamel intoned wisely.

Harry nodded in thought before raising his wand. He was about to make his approach when the door opened. Harry watched as Delores Umbridge exited the room with four Dementers following behind and a sickening smile on her face. It was an ugly smile that made Harry sick to his stomach. He wanted nothing more than to curse her into oblivion as he scratched the scars on his hand. He couldn't though, not unless he wanted to attract the full force of the Ministry on him, and he still had to rescue Luna.

Delores walked down the hallway past him with all six Dementors in tow when one of them stopped. The other Dementors turned and seemed to be looking right at him. Delores stopped and looked at the Dementors as they sniffed the air. "What, what is it?"

Harry closed his eyes as one of the Dementor's slowly drifted towards him and thought to himself. "Please go away, please go away."

Harry opened his eyes and to his surprise the Dementor had stopped, almost tilting it's head to the side like it saw something rather curious. Then Umbridge barked out. "What, what are you doing? Is something there? What's wrong with you?"

The Dementor's seemed to be startled by the Minister's voice. Inexplicably the Dementor floated away from Harry, the other Dementors following down the hallway as one of them glanced back at him. Delores cursed under her breath as she followed. "Bloody walking carpets, need to have that one examined."

Harry waited for the Minister's voice to fade from hearing distance, before bolting to the door. Harry raised the elder wand to quickly unlock it. He burst inside and shut the door behind him. Harry rested his back against the door and took a couple of deep breaths while his eyes closed with relief. Then he heard it, a faint growling sound. Harry opened his left eye and groaned. "Oh Merlin...not again."

Harry could only meet one of the three pairs of eyes baring down on him. The Cerberus growled as it sniffed the air, it's three heads glaring at Harry like a piece of meat, which to the three headed dog, he probably was.

Harry slowly raised his hands as he tried to think of a way out of this situation. As he examined the Dog however Harry noticed the beast looked awfully familiar. "Fluffy?"

The dog titled one of its heads as they continued to glare at the Wizard. Harry wasn't sure how the Ministry had gotten a hold of Fluffy but Harry assumed that Hagrid's owning of the monstrous beast was not entirely legal. Harry remembered how he got past the dog in his first year, Music. Harry gave a nervous grin as he started singing, or croaking, the first song that came into his head, "Always look on the bright side of life-"

"RRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR!"

"OK...OK ...bad idea." Harry spoke hastily before muttering to himself. "Everyone's a bloody critic."

Harry subtly raised his wand to the side and conjured a piano which started playing a song. It wasn't just any song though, it was a song Harry remembered all too well. As Fluffy's eyes drooped and started falling to sleep, Harry was transported back to a time where everything seemed simpler...

He could see her now, Luna playing the piano by the window, illuminated by the moonlight, the way the moonlight sonata was meant to be played. She seemed so pure, so beautiful, yet so sad. Now for the first time, Harry truly began to question what she had told him. The way she seemed to not care about being picked on, or the pain she had suffered from the war and from Bellatrix. He thought about the way she seemed to brush off solitude, but now as he remembered the way she had played the Sonata, Harry began to wonder the true extent of her suffering. Not for the first time Harry found himself asking, who was Luna Lovegood?

Harry was brought back to the present by the sound of a loud deep snoring sound coming from the Three headed dog. Harry quietly walked past the dog, through the doors, and into the long winding hallways of the Ministry.

Hermione wiped blood from her mouth before lashing out with her stolen Goblin spear. The Goblin squealed as its ear was severed from its head, then fell to the ground unconscious as Hermione bashed it's head with the head of her spear. As Hermione looked around her, she saw so much violence and so much blood. The fighting had spreading into the Ministry's hallways, the auditorium was filled with less fighting, and more dead bodies that would fight no more.

Ragnok stood among the dead and glared at Hermione as the still highly concentrated fighting continued around him. "This is ridiculous, we could have taken over the damn Ministry by now if we worked together. Instead you turn your back on us and give the enemy a chance to continue the enslavement of both our species."

Hermione shouted. "I'm aware of that Ragnok but it was you who betrayed the LLR and the Human race when you turned your back on your allies. We fight for equality, you fight for vengeance and the slavery of my people."

"It is us or them!" Ragnok roared, slashing out with his sword only to be parried by Hermione's spear.

"It doesn't have to be that way." Hermione answered only to dodge another slash of Ragnok's sword.

"Yes it does! We may become equal in the eyes of the law but the Humans will never except us. We will be minorities in the very world we built, just like we have been for over a thousand circhracking years!" Ragnok cursed in Gobbledygook before deflecting a thrust of Hermione's spear.

"You assume that, but you never gave us a chance." Hermione hissed back as she twirled her spear above her head before slashing at Ragnok's head, only for the Goblin to duck it.

"We gave them a thousand years to change, to except us and give us liberty. The Muggles fought and died to free the slaves of America, yet no one has ever dared fight for our rights. The only reason we too are not slaves is because we have a massive army, and the humans rightfully fear us. Now we shall become equal and they become one with Goblins, by us feasting on their flesh and bones." Ragnok growled as he hacked at Hermione's legs, missing as she jumped over the spear and kicked Ragnok square in the face. The Goblin tumbled to the ground and growled.

"Your vengeance won't help anyone." Hermione cried out as Ragnok lunged to his feet and began forcing Hermione back with slashes and trusts of his sword from all sides. Ragnok swung viciously and though Hermione blocked it, the force knocked her to the ground.

Hermione looked up and pleaded. "An eye for an eye just makes the world blind. As long as you let your thirst for vengeance cloud your judgment, you will only destroy your own people."

"It is the Goblin way." Ragnok declared with pride as he raised his sword above his head.

"Then that is why your Rebellion will fail, just as every other one has." Hermione uttered from the ground before she thrust her spear forward and into Ragnok's stomach. The Goblin roared in pain as he stumbled backwards, the spear still embedded in his stomach. Hermione rose to her feet as the Goblin seemed to wheeze.

Ragnok looked up at Hermione and smirked. He reached for the spear and ripped it out of his gut before raising it to his mouth and licking the blood off it. "The first rule Goblin's are taught, never let go of your weapon."

"I didn't." Hermione replied as she drew her wand. "Petrificus Totalus."

Ragnok swatted the spell with his sword and laughed. "You clever girl, this the most fun I've had in Merlin knows how long."

"You find this fun?" Hermione asked incredulously.

Ragnok nodded. "You are a Goblin if I've ever seen one, maybe not in your mind, but in your heart. When you die, I shall honor your spirit with a glorious feast."

"I don't have to die and neither does anyone else." Hermione shouted desperately.

Ragnok sighed with a hint of remorse showed in his dark eyes. "I wish I could believe you, but I must do what is right by my people. Prepare to die, Goblin friend."

Suddenly the room shook, and the fighting stopped. An entrance way slowly emerged from the Auditorium walls, echoed by the grinding of gears witch vibrated the floor. Then silence reigned over them and all Hermione could hear was the sound of her harsh breathing and beating heart.

Ragnok uttered grimly. "You know of this?"

Hermione shook her head. "No...I swear I..."

Hermione's voice left her as she saw a pair of yellow eyes pierce through the darkness before a creature crawled from the hole.

Hermione struggled not to show her horror and disgust at the creature. It was a human, not unlike the wrongfully modified Squibs back at headquarters, but far worse. It was not only green, but was pale as death, and seemed almost drenched in green slime. It was covered in red warts all over its body. It's face was devoid of all flesh, just loose skin hanging off its bones, yet it's blood-shot eyes of yellow were filled with pain, which quickly turned to hunger when it saw the people in the room.

The Creature let loose a savage scream that sounded far too human and suddenly Hermione's mind went back to when she had broken into the Department of Mysteries and heard the same terrible screams. "Dear Merlin...it is human! They're making the Squibs and Muggles into Monsters!"

The deformed man let out another hoarse shout. Ragnok's eyes darkened as he whispered. "This crime has no equal. In the name of Oderus, I shall butcher every last Unspeakable and burn their remains for this."

The mutant hollered again before leaping from the hole and pouncing on the people. It was quickly followed by hundreds of other mutants which poured from the hole before swarming like cockroaches. Hermione quickly blasted one away just as it was about to land on her while Ragnok thrust his sword out and impaled another. Others weren't so lucky, be they Goblin, Rebel or Totalitar, if the mutant landed on them, they were torn to pieces as their flesh was devoured.

Ragnok looked at Hermione and uttered. "I believe that for the good of our people...a temporary truce is in order."

Hermione nodded, her face pale. "Agreed, can I trust you not to break it."

"I give you my word that if I do break it, my people will honor my victory by feeding me to the dragons. By Goblin's honor we work together to kill these creatures, break it and I will make sure it is you who lives to feel dragon fire." Ragnok uttered both solemnly and with malice.

Another ravenous mutant lunged at him, and with a swing of this sword he cut off its head. The Goblin King shouted, his booming voice echoing through the Ministry's halls. "Goblins, LLR, A Temporary truce is in place under threat of death. Butcher the Totalitar and these Monstrosities or we shall all die!"

Harry reached a crossroads and looked down each hallway. The sign on the left said M.I.M. which Harry started going down. Harry paused however when he saw the sign pointing the way he came.

"WARNING, CEBRUSS SPECIMEN AHEAD

DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT CASTING MUSIC RELATED CHARMS,

YOU WILL DIE!"

"No Bloody shit." Harry cursed under his breath before he ran down the right hallway. Harry didn't travel far down the corridor before approaching a metal door which said. "Pre-M.I.M."

M.I.M...

...

Magic is Might...

Harry recognized it, a subtle nod to Voldemort's reign as the Puppet master behind the Ministry of Magic and his slogan, Magic Is Might. Harry's glare turned into a grin as he realized that Luna was probably behind this door.

Harry raised his wand, his heart pumping faster than it had when he had dueled Voldemort. He knew, behind this very door, was Luna Lovegood. Now Harry was truly terrified. Was she alright? Was she safe? Was she even alive? Would she hate him? Did she not love him any...

"WHO CARES!" Flamel shouted. "LUNA COULD BE BLOODY DYING YOU TWIT!"

Harry raised his wand and shouted. ALOHOMORA!

The door was obviously repellent to a simple unlocking charm, however Harry put a lot of power into that spell, and it was the Elder wand so...

BANG!

Harry watched somewhat stunned as the door went flying down the endless dungeon and out of sight. "Oops."

Harry walked down the Dungeon looking around in bewilderment. The dungeon was full of endless cages but they all looked as if something had ripped, bent and pried them open. Harry also noticed each mangled cage was empty. Harry stuttered for a moment before uttering. "Luna."

Harry shouted louder. "LUNA!"

"Well well well, Mr. Potter." A deep voice uttered with a smile. "My dear friend, back from the dead."

Harry took in a deep breath as he heard the footsteps approach from behind. "Where is she Royal!"

Kingsley smiled as he stopped and uttered. "Beyond our help Mr. Potter. Let's not talk about the girl, I'm rather curious to know how you survived the Nuclear fire."

"Haven't you heard, I'm the Boy-Who-Lived, I have a reputation to uphold." Harry spit out as he turned around. "Now tell me where Luna is or else."

Kingsley ignored Harry's threat as the two circled each other. "Yes, Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived. At last, you have embraced your name."

"You sure haven't embraced yours Royal." Harry snapped. "You were a hero, the Minister of Magic. Now what are you, Umbridge's slave?"

"I'm her servant." Kingsley retorted though Harry could see the lie in his shrunken eyes.

"Who are you trying to convince. Look at yourself!" Harry hissed.

Kingsley glared. "I have made a great many of sacrifices for the greater good,"

"Oh God not the greater good crap". Harry laughed without mirth. "You know the "greater good" has never done anybody any good."

"Of course not, people like you keep interfering, but no more. Your small way of thinking will bring about the death of us all." Kingsley yelled.

"If anyone is going to get us all killed it's the mad woman you serve." Harry shouted.

"I DON'T SERVE UMBRIDGE!" Kingsley roared. "I may play the part of a servant while she has her uses but I do not serve her. I don't serve you, Dumbledore or even Voldemort himself. The good of the Wizard-kind is all that I've ever served. You think I don't know what Umbridge is!? She's the devil in disguise and every day I've had the misfortune to know her, the disguise fades more and more. Leave her in charge and she'll declare war on Muggle Born's. Then Wizards who aren't British, and even Wizards who are Black. Merlin knows I don't want that! Yet as of now she is the only one with the power and the agenda that will protect us from the Muggles."

"By destroying them!" Harry shouted. "Because you believe them to be inferior!"

"You saw what became of Hogwarts." Kingsley snorted. "They aren't the ones who are inferior, we are Potter, and the sooner they figure that out, the sooner they wipe us out. You think I enjoy the things I've have done? What do I have to do? Do you have any idea how much innocent blood is on my hands? You know what I see when I sleep at night? I have compassion for the Muggles, I really do but this war will only have one winner and I'll be dammed if I let the Magical people of the world be stomped out. For the Greater good of Magic I will not let my people die."

Harry whispered with simmering anger. "Was it for the greater good that you murdered Pandora."

Kingsley seemed to flinch as he looked away, his deep voice sounded weaker as he uttered. "I was different back then, young and foolish. Most of all I was ambitious and when Delores gave me the mission I jumped at the chance. The mission was simple and even then I followed the cause, Magic is Might. I knew Muggles were a threat, but I considered them my enemy, instead of the enemy of the Wizarding people. I hated them, and I knew I had it in me to kill her."

Harry shouted as he raised his wand. "Pandora was a good person. She only wanted to help people and you killed her you murderer."

"No...it wasn't like that." Kingsley uttered, his eyes faraway. "I never meant to kill her, I was supposed to have her committed in Saint Mungo's... but she died protecting..."

"Luna?" Harry finished quietly, the look in Kingsley's eyes confirmed Harry's unasked question. Harry continued with a sharp edge to his voice. "So you didn't mean to kill a wonderful woman, you just meant to kill her innocent child. You meant to kill Luna."

Kingsley nodded slowly. "Doing so would put Umbridge in my debt, and allow me to rise to the top of the Ministry. Umbridge saw Pandora's madness as an excuse to frame her for Luna's death. Something she had wanted to do for a long time..."

"DO YOU HAVE NO SOUL?" Harry shouted with rage, his face as purple as his Uncle's once was.

"Luna's not some Squib like you make her out to be, she is a human being, all Muggles and Squibs are human beings. You were going to kill a little girl because of your misconceived notions of humanity."

"Don't you think I know that now!" Kingsley roared, his eyes almost damp compared to their previously dried up state. "I was a foolish young man who saw the world as black and white. Now I know better, you learn the truth about the world after you've shed the blood of an innocent. I swear I didn't mean to kill Pandora, but if it had been the girl I would've felt the same thing I did that day, and have done ever since...guilt, insurmountable guilt."

"I returned to the scene to find out what happened...I saw Pandora...dead on the floor, and her daughter, numbly crying over her." Kingsley shuddered as he whispered. "I didn't see a Squib, or a Muggle...I just saw a little girl."

Kingsley looked up into Harry's tear stained eyes. "I was supposed to kill her, I still was going to...I raised my wand...and felt...I felt...sick. So...so filthy and sick...like something in my stomach had died and was rotting...I...I fired my wand but it wasn't the killing curse. It was a simple stunner, a light one in fact, so not to hurt her...Ha...I killed her Mother...but didn't want to hurt her. I stunned her, then against my orders...I took her to Saint Mungo's and left her in the care of the Healers."

Harry was silent for a moment before he spoke. "You can never take back what you did, nor should you ever be forgiven, but it isn't too late for you Kingsley, you can still redeem yourself and become a good person. You can make sure that when the price for your crimes is due to be paid, you can pay them as a good man."

Kingsley laughed bitterly. "You think it's so easy, you think I'm a bad guy who wants to be good. I'm not the villain, I'm just willing to do what no one else will, for the sake of the Wizarding world. Muggles and Squibs aren't evil, but they will destroy us. I have killed many of souls since that day, many of them innocent of evil. But I never forgot my grave mistake. Our very way of existence is now being threatened by the girl I spared."

"The Mercy of one child's life, may very well be the ruin of us all. I promise you Harry Potter, I will not make the same mistake twice." Kingsley uttered gravely.

Harry's eyes darkened. "Over my dead body."

Kingsley smiled coldly. "Then for the greater good of magic, dead you shall be, for the greater good-"

"-OF NOTHING SHACKLEBOLT!" Harry shouted as he whipped out his wand and fired a blasting hex. Kingsley blocked it with a twirl of his scythe, and sent it flying back at Harry. Harry was knocked through the air and landed roughly on the floor. His wand skidding away from him.

Kingsley pounced, seemingly gliding towards Harry before bringing his scythe down. Harry reached into his robes, withdrew the sword of Gryffindor and blocked the strike. Harry lashed out with his sword but Shacklebolt blocked the strike dismissively.

Harry kicked the older wizard away and quickly rose to his feet, but Kingsley was already on him, slashing with his blade. Harry blocked the first two strikes but the third one slashed across Harry's arm, causing the young Wizard to cry out. Harry grabbed his wounded arm briefly before feebly lashing out again. Kingsley seemed to block the blade with his bare hand as he shoved Harry to the floor.

Kingsley stood over Harry with a small grin. "It is useless to resist. You're a boy who got lucky. I have dueled the most dangerous Wizards of all time and that was before my new found power."

Harry glared up at Kingsley before uttering. "Power is fleeting, you sacrifice everything for it, only to realize someone has already beat you to it."

Harry tilted his hand and the Elder wand returned its master. Before Kingsley could blink, Harry raised his wand and uttered. "Expecto Patronum."

The Patronus burst into existence right in Kingsley's face, causing the Wizard to cry out in pain as he stumbled backwards, not unlike a Dementor would. Harry rose to his feet and saw the Patronus get swatted away by Kingsley's scythe. Harry chuckled as he aimed his wand at the ground. "Or in Muggle terms, there is always a bigger fish."

With a blast from his wand, Harry was sent flying up to the ceiling. As he was about to hit the ceiling, Harry raised his wand and blasted a hole through it. Harry shot through the hole and with a quick wave of his wand sealed it back up behind him. Harry then bolted down the corridor, trying to put as much distance between himself and Kingsley as possible, all while the wondering. "Where in Merlin's name was Luna Lovegood?"

Harry ran forward and opened the first door he saw, to suddenly find a wall of fire heading straight for him. Harry slammed the door shut. Blocking off the fire before taking another peak inside, this time slowly and with caution.

It was a Dragon, of course it was a Dragon. Why in Merlin dammed to hell did it have to be BLOODY DRAGONS!

"You know there is only one dragon." Flamel interjected.

"ONLY ONE DRAGON! WELL THAT'S A BLOODY RELIEF NOW ISN'T IT!" Harry shouted in his head.

"So I guess were turning back then." Flamel stated with a mischievous wink in his voice.

Harry chose not to reply verbally, he merely sent Flamel a hand gesture that is considered to be offensive by anyone who wasn't a Nargle, before stepping through the door. The ghost was right, he wasn't going anywhere without Luna, and he most certainly was not turning back now.

Harry swung the door open, walking into the room with a look of grim determination of his face. The Dragon stared back him, smoke puffing from its nose. The creature was huge, far bigger than the Hungarian horn tale from Harry's fourth year, and it was the size of the entire Great Hall of Hogwarts. It had red skin, bright purple eyes and fangs the size of an elephants tusks.

Harry reached into his robes and pulled out a small pouch. He reached inside, far deeper than the small pouch should have physically let him, before Harry pulled out a large Sword five times bigger than the pouch. The dragon glared at the sword before letting loose a wave of blazing yellow fire from its jaws, causing the Sword of Gryffindor to glow in the darkness.

Harry felt the Deathly Hollows flow through him as he whispered in Parseltongue. "Stand aside."

The Dragon seemed confused before it roared. "You are no speaker, I sense death upon you. It stains your very soul."

Harry nodded and replied. "I was once a speaker of snakes, but now I can only speak through the power of death itself. I wish you no harm, I only wish to past. Do so and I shall do what I can to give you freedom."

The Dragon bowed and seemed to submit to Harry as it uttered. "As you wish Lord of Death."

Surprised, Harry smiled as he slowly approached the door, doing everything he could to keep his eye on the dragon while pretending he wasn't staring at the monstrous beast. Harry nearly reached the door and he saw a burst of white flame come from the dragon's mouth, Harry quickly threw the cloak over himself as fire engulfed him. As the fire died down, Harry ran towards the now laughing Dragon and thrust his sword into its chest.

The Dragon roared in anger as the sword made it a foot deep. Before Harry could attempt to embed it further another burst of flames forced Harry to abandon the sword and run to avoid the fire. Harry raised his wand and the sword ripped out of the Dragon's chest and into Harry's hand. The Dragon swung it's tale and knocked Harry to the floor. Harry rolled to his feet and shouted out to the Dragon. "I have no time for games. In the name of Death itself. Stand aside or die!

The Dragon laughed. "Be you Mortal or Immortal, it matters not. The Dragon never stands aside...never"

Harry raised his sword and the Dragon lunged. Harry aimed his wand at the ceiling and blasted a hole into it. Causing chunk of debris to hit the Dragon and send it off course, allowing Harry to run and dodge colliding with the Dragon. Harry lashed out with his sword but met only the Dragon's large fangs. Harry felt another blast coming from the Dragon's jaws and Harry leaped onto the Dragon's head. Harry raised his sword and brought it down onto the Dragon's skull with all his might but he may as well have stabbed a brick with a spoon. The force of the misguided strike sent Harry tumbling to the ground.

Harry looked up and saw that the Dragon had risen to its feet and was standing over him. The Dragon opened its jaw full of fangs and brought it down on Harry. The young Wizard could see the drool dripping from the Dragon's fangs as Harry raised his sword and stabbed the dragon in the roof of its mouth. The Dragon roared with pain as it raised its head, taking the sword and the young Wizard holding it into the air. The sword was deep but not deep enough and another blast of fire, forced Harry to let go. A hastily cast cushioning charm prevented Harry from breaking his legs but Harry soon realized he had bigger things to worry about.

The Dragon continued to roar in pain with the sword still embedded in its jaw. The Dragon was unable to close its mouth or properly see because of it. In fact Harry could see pit's of black sludge coming from the Dragon's jaw and stomach wounds. It was then Harry remembered. The sword had absorbed the poison of a Basilisk in Harry's second year, the most fatal of poisons. The Dragon tried to shake the sword from its jaws while blowing endless amounts of Dragon fire throughout the room. Harry summoned the Sword from the Dragon's jaw and back into his hands, but that only seemed to make things worse. The Dragon roared as it stumbled across the room, consuming everything in its path in flames.

Harry looked towards the way he needed to go and saw the doors covered in flames. Harry reached for his cloak but realized he must have dropped it during the fighting. He didn't have time to summon his cloak, with the Dragon charging right at him.

"I'm coming Luna." Harry whispered grimly as ran forward with all this might, running towards the Dragon fire, running towards the woman he loved.

As Harry was about to reach the flames he remembered something he and Luna had once seen in a memory. It was something Pandora had told her daughter, a long time ago.

"To be an individual like yourself is a great thing Luna. However the individual stands alone. It is not fun being alone Luna but in the darkest of days remember this. One day you will meet another individual just like yourself, who will fill your world with light."

Harry heard the Dragon give a mighty roar as Harry jumped through the flames and smashed his way through the doorway, screaming in pain as the Dragon fire burned him.

"You will find a prince who will walk through the hottest of flames to reach you, and will slay the largest of Dragons to protect you."

Harry heard the Dragon give a final cry as it succumbed to the poison in its blood and the flames that burned its own flesh. Harry collapsed to the floor writhing as he tried to put out the flames on his back and arms. Harry raised his wand and conjured the coldest water that could be cast and felt it splash upon him, causing him to scream out again as the fire that burned him went out. Then Harry panted as he cast as many healing charms as he could on himself, reducing the worst of the damage to his back and arms, though he was certain he had far more scars to add to his growing collection now.

"How do you know?" Luna uttered quietly.

"Because I found mine Luna." Pandora giggled as did Luna.

Harry cast another charm and could feel hair growing back on his head. Harry was deeply disturbed by this, as he had yet to notice he had lost any hair, but thankfully mended the majority of his damage. Still Harry's back seemed to blister as he slowly rose to his feet and he looked back into the Flames where the form of the Dragon lay. Harry shook his head as he summoned his cloak, which had remained intact. Harry continued forward as he felt patches of skin on his face and back grow blisters that stung like Salazar's zits.

Harry then heard it, the sound of howling. Harry would have sworn it was the howling of blood hounds, but they sounded way too human. Harry felt the fear set in as he stumbled forward, the hungry cries echoing throughout the corridors, growing louder with every labored step he took. Harry raised his sword with grim determination as he steeled himself for battle.

A dragon never stands aside, but a hero never gives in. If nothing else, he was going to be Luna's hero, just as she was his hero, even if it killed him.

"Dad can't fight monsters, Mom." Luna giggled.

"You'd be surprised what one can do for those they love." Pandora whispered
Sign up to rate and review this story