Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > all for the family

8

by ahava 1 review

chapter 8

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-08 - Updated: 2006-09-08 - 1291 words

0Unrated
~Benji's POV~
"I'm going on tour." I told her.
Sophie looked up sharply from the dress she was ironing for Tayala. "What do you mean?" she asked with narrowed eyes.
"I mean Good Charlotte has a US tour and I'm going." I said coolly, making my point. I was part of GC and I was going on that tour. And there was no way she was going to stop me from being who I was. Except for maybe crying, like she was now.
"Soph?"
"No," she stopped me with her hand and went back to ironing the dress, ignoring the tears running down her face and the tiny sobs escaping her throat. If anything could have grounded me and popped my big head, it was seeing the woman I loved crying... because of me... again. "You do what you need to do with your band. It doesn't matter to me. It really doesn't."
"Then why are you crying?" I asked softly moving closer to her. I raised my hand to wipe away the tears, but she turned her head away, biting her lip. I felt my heart break in my chest. She'd never turned away from my comfort. I'd always been her hug, her gentle kiss and peace of mind. Never once did she deny my hand. I brought my hand to my own face and squeezed at my skin in frustration. "What happened to us?" I laughed out in disbelief. "Honestly, what the hell went wrong? We were so in love, Sophie. I still am in love with you; I'd be willing to die for you in a moment just to give you a better life. So why are we here? In this perverted position where my own wife won't communicate with me anymore. The last thing you told me was that you don't love me anymore."
""I never said that." She whispered hanging the outfit on a hanger on the closet doorknob.
"Well it's pretty clear to me now that that's what you meant!"
"See that's the problem with you!" she spun around pointing an accusing finger at me. "I never said I don't love you anymore, yet you decided that I don't just because I don't want to be with you anymore."
"Sophie, you want to divorce me!" I yelled. "You don't divorce someone you love!"
Sophie's eyes shifted to the door behind me, I turned to follow her gaze. A scared looking Tayala stood chewing on her lip, her doll clutched tightly to her chest.
"Tally," I said gently. She just shook her head and ran off. I turned back to Sophie. "You better want this real bad before it hurts my baby girl even more." I whispered, and then followed my daughter, finding her coloring in her room.
"Tally Bear," I said softly sitting down on her unmade bed. She didn't look at me, but kept her focus on her drawing. "Bear, I'm so sorry you had to see Momma and me fighting." Still no answer. "Tally, we love you very much."
"Mark and Rylie's daddy said the same thing." She said finally. I frowned deeply.
"Hey," I said scooping her up into my arms and cradling her close to me. "I am not Mr. Henders, ok Tally. He's a bad man, who did a very bad sin, and I am not like him. I love you and your brothers very much."
"And what about Momma?"
I swallowed. "I love your Momma more than life can tell." I whispered.
"Then why doesn't she love you?" she asked, looking up at me.
"Oh, Tally, that's not what I meant when I said that. I didn't mean to say that at all."
"Then why did you say it?"
"Look, Tayala," I began touching her hair. "You know that I love Momma and she does love me. But sometimes people who love each other fight."
"Like me and Sim? We fight a lot, but I still love him. He's my brother."
I nodded, smiling a little. "Just like that. And sometimes we say things that we don't really mean, just because we're angry. But it doesn't mean we don't love each other anymore. We just... tings are happening and we don't know why, so it makes us angry. But no matter what happens, I'm always gonna be here with you. I love you and you're my most precious thing Bear."
"I love you Daddy."
"I love you too baby girl."
"Hey, daddy?"
"Yeah sweetheart?"
"Uncle Joel said you're going away again with your band. He said that it was emergency, is it because of us you need to go?"
"No Tally, never. It's just my job, so that's why I have to go. But I'll be back. Especially in time for your birthday."
We heard a crash, and I jumped fiercely, Tayala clinging to me tightly. "Stay here." I told her, prying her off me. I followed the sound of the crash to the laudary, and noticed the faint smell of smoke. I yanked the door open and I swear, I died. Sophie was huddled into the corner weeping while the heated iron lay face down on the carpet, smoke rising from the hot appliance.
I ran across the room and ripped the plug from the outlet. I carefully, picked up the iron and put it on the board, and opened all the windows to air out the smoke. Confused at what had happened, I gathered Sophie into my arms and carried her to our, I mean her room.
"Daddy, what happened?" Tayala cried following me.
"Nothing baby, just go play for a while. I'll be right there."
The seven year old looked at me then nodded and ran off obediently.
"Sophie," I said touching my wife's soft curls. "Are you ok, did you get hurt? What happened?"
She shook her head and fell into my embrace sobbing hysterically and visibly shaken. "Are you burnt, Sophie? Are you ok?" I questioned nervously. "Please tell me what happened."
"I just...it fell..."she hiccupped, still shaking in my arms. "It just fell from my hand and onto the floor... I ... I was scared and fell backwards... I couldn't move. And then... the smoke! The smoke.... From...from the floor. And Oh G-d Benj, I was so scared!"
"Shh..." I soothed gently, rubbing her back. Confused at why now she let me comfort her, but not before. "It's ok Sophie, everything's fine now. Well except for maybe the carpet..."
She smiled a little and buried her head in my chest. I looked down at her, barely recognizing her as my wife. I was a bastard for making her this way, for hurting her so much. But I was a bastard that wanted to make things right again. And before I could stop myself, my lips were on her's. I pulled her soft pink lips into a delicate kiss, and she didn't pull away. I had missed the sweet taste of her kiss to such an extent, my heart yearned for more. But before I could deepen the kiss, she closed her lips and turned away. I sighed and bit my tongue. For one whole minute, I was happy again, I thought things were going to go back to normal. You know, before I messed up. But I was foolish enough to think that a simple kiss would do that.
"Sophie," I began as she stood up and walked to the bathroom.
"You should go pack." She whispered closing the door.


*ok guys im giving you a heads up: i am totally swamped in school work, so the next update might not be for a while. but i promise to update as soon as i have time! and dont forget to review!
Sign up to rate and review this story