Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Letting Go

by hotshot76 0 reviews

Naruto has doubts about whether or not Sasuke can be saved what does Sakura think

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Erotica, Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2006-09-09 - Updated: 2006-09-09 - 1738 words - Complete

-1Illiterate
Disclaimer: I hold no claim to Naruto. This is merely Fan Fiction, I don't earn money from writing this.


They sat there in Ichiraku's Ramen Place as they had several times before each thinking the same thing and each feeling the inevitability of the others words.
It was Sakura who spoke first, "can you still forgive him". Naruto sat silently; they ate there in the wake of a devastating attack by Oruchimaru's forces, now under there old team mate Sasuke's control after he had murdered and taken his former teacher's powers.
Why he had attacked the Leaf village neither of them knew, was it because either because he still cared for his old life and felt he could only become stronger by destroying it, or was it because he now hated his old self so much that he wanted to destroy everything his weak old self had ever cherished even slightly.
Naruto replied to her his tone seemed somehow unnatural to Sakura like he was having trouble saying what he had to, "No, I can't forgive him now not after seeing all those people whose lives were lost because of his actions". He paused for a moment fist clenched his bowl of ramen unfinished which was in itself very uncharacteristic for Naruto. He then went on "the Sasuke we once knew is now dead at least as far as I'm concerned he is".
They paid for their unfinished meal and walked away together in silence, this time it was Naruto who spoke first. "If it is still what you want I'll bring him back regardless of what I think, I will keep my promise to you if that is what you want". Sakura stopped walking and thought for a moment, it had been years since Sasuke left to join Oruchimaru to become strong enough to defeat his brother Itachi and he had done the news of it had reached Konoha a year ago. Yet he had not returned afterwards he had instead taken Oruchimaru's forces and declared war on the Hidden Leaf village. She had spent many nights asking herself why with no answer coming to mind, now she had a new question this one for Naruto.
"Why will you bring him back if I ask you to when you believe him lost to us"? Naruto stopped and answered in a hushed voice as the first drops of rain fell from a dark sky that had been threatening to unleash its fury all day. He replied "because I promised to bring him back and I don't want to see you cry anymore even if it costs me my life". She heard his last word just as the first flash of lightning appeared followed by the roaring thunder.
She looked upon this man whom she had now known for some years and realised just how much that time had changed him and spoke to him again "Do you think I should let him go and move on". He looked upon her now with his blue eyes and responded "that is a decision for you to make". Suddenly she felt her fists clench and found her voice much louder than she had intended it to be. "Why do I have to choose for both of us, you stand there saying if it's what I want you'll bring him back yet when I ask you what I should do you say it's my decision".
Naruto stood for a moment staring at Sakura trying to find the words with which to respond. Both still standing in the middle of a storm and yet not noticing it at all. His answer came out in a calm yet stubborn voice, he seemed almost angry now. "It's because you're still in love with him and so no matter what the outcome you'll be affected the most by what happens to Sasuke". His blonde his cut through the rain as he threw his head back around to look in front of him and avoid her stare.
Sakura was at a loss for words her mouth hung open and her mind and heart were racing she hadn't expected that response from Naruto and before she realised what she was saying she said in a voice distorted by the fact she was now crying, her tears now mixing with the rain on her face. "Just like you love me right, you do don't you; why else would you go to such lengths for me". She stopped to breathe and was then yelling at him again her wet pink hair now distorting her vision of him. "Well say something, do you love me, has that old childish crush you used to have for developed into love or is there some other reason your so ready to put your life on the line for me, TELL ME!!!"
Naruto stood there for a moment pondering a response in his mind he turned his head back towards Sakura his expression was that of someone who was exhausted and something Sakura had never seen before. He spoke calmly to her but with words that pierced every fibre of her being, "I do love you, have done for a long time, but I know that how I feel for you is how you feel for Sasuke and the best I can do is try to make you happy by bringing him back to you, I love you so much that it doesn't matter if I'm the man making you happy as long as you are happy".
Sakura looked upon him as he turned his head away again and prepared to walk away and found herself saying, "I love you too, Naruto", she could feel his shock, his inability to believe what she had just said. Then she spoke again " The Sasuke I once cared for is already dead and cannot be brought back, but comparing the feelings I had for him to the ones I now have for you I'm not sure if I did love him, but I do love you". She broke of and breathed in feeling like a tremendous wait had been lifted of her shoulders, that she had finally said something she had wanted to for so long and she still had more to say. "You who has stood by me through everything including possibly the worst times in my life, you who has risked his life to both protect mine and make me happy, I love you Naruto Uzumaki".
She stopped talking and ran to him he spun round with his shinobi reflexes and caught her in his arms, they kissed, he felt the warmth of her lips spread throughout his body, she felt the caring and kindness that was him rekindle all her lost faith and didn't want to let him go. He pulled away a smile on his face and spoke softly his breathe catching her skin and making her tingle, "you know we could have said all this in my warm, dry apartment instead of in this storm its just over there". They both found themselves laughing as they walked the rest of the way to Naruto's apartment.
Once inside Sakura and Naruto realised just how wet they really were Naruto offered to find her something to change into but she responded "there's no need" he turned around to ask why but was prevented from doing so by her lips which were once again locked against his own. They began to undress each other both feeling that this was what their relationship should have been like for sometime.
Sakura pushed Naruto onto his bed and straddled him and then whispered lovingly into his ear "show me once more how much you love me and want to make me happy as now the only man who can do that for me, is you and not Sasuke I'm not sure he ever could". Naruto quickly responded in an equally loving tone "you can't imagine how often I've thought about us being here like this and like I said I am willing to do anything to make you happy".
Their damp bodies were mingled in with one another and Naruto could tell that Sakura really was the girl of his dreams and he would always want to make her happy and right now he was demonstrating his love for her at its fullest. Sakura felt Naruto's body rubbing against her own and she knew this was what she wanted she knew she loved him. They could feel the others love as they went on, each kiss each groan only confirmed that all the more this is how the two of them would be from now.
When morning came the two awoke and looked lovingly into the others eyes both now knowing beyond a doubt that they were meant to be together and they would be. They left together to meet their team mate and former sensei Kakashi hand in hand. Upon there arrival they were greeted by his usual lazy tone "figures I'm on time so you two are late", he looked at them and a smile formed beneath his usual mask and he continued "and I can see why, well it's about time you two realised how you fell for each other". They all smiled and set of on their mission.
Upon their return Naruto and Sakura announced their engagement and were married four months later. Their wedding consisted of all their friends and mentors as well as most of Konoha it was the happiest day of their lives bar none. Sometime later they came face to face with the man who was once their friend and brought him to justice knowing they had done the right thing. In the years to come Naruto would become Hokage with his wife the greatest medical ninja of their generation at his side they would reign together for many years in which Konoha would prosper, both finally meeting their end together after several decades of marriage and love defending the village they had vowed to protect one last time and would be remembered as Konoha's greatest leaders, mightiest heroes and most loving couple and for the first time the Hokage's wife face as well as the Hokage's himself were placed on the mountain side overlooking Konoha as Naruto and Sakura had wished it, so their love could be marvelled at and they could watch over Konoha together for generations to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story