Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Exactly Like You

El Amor Brujo

by zeez5 4 reviews

Kakashi and Sakura kick their sessions up a notch.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Sakura - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-12 - Updated: 2006-09-13 - 2230 words

2Ambiance
EL AMOR BRUJO
(/Love, the Sorcerer/)

Kakashi stood with his hands in his pockets, watching Sakura finish buckling her new shoes. She had special ordered them from a shop in the village, and they had just arrived that morning. They were a sort of peach color, with a heel a couple of inches high, and a thin ankle strap.

"They're not very practical," he observed.

"They're practical for dancing," Sakura replied, straightening up and admiring her feet. She went up on the balls of her feet and twirled. "They're actually very comfortable. Besides, they're pretty."

"I can't argue with that," Kakashi agreed diplomatically. He watched her for a while in silence, admiring the way the shoes elongated her legs. They had been meeting here for the past couple of weeks now whenever they had the chance, going through the old dance book and the odd assortment of the Sandaime's old phonograph records.

Sakura was taking a very clinical approach to their sessions, researching each dance carefully and practicing steps before she came. Kakashi had no trouble picking up the steps and performing them effortlessly as soon as she explained them. She decided that these sessions were excellent training for endurance and coordination. He couldn't argue with that, either.

The tango had intrigued Sakura for its aesthetic qualities, but she decided that she wanted to take the book home and study it further before they tried it. This postponement suited Kakashi. His first reaction to the photo in the book was a mental picture similar to something out of one of his Icha Icha books. An instant later he guiltily realized the ease with which he had cast Sakura as the female lead in his little mini-fantasy. Since then, he was finding it difficult not to picture his former student in a revealing little dress with her leg wrapped around him. This was not something from which any good would come.

The problem was, as soon as he hinted that they should perhaps rethink this whole dancing thing, she looked so disappointed, and those big green eyes of hers would get so sad, that he just shrugged and gave in. So he continued to dance with her, making sure he didn't hold her too close and relying on his shinobi discipline to keep his raging hormones in line.
He realized that this had become very important to her, a way to keep herself occupied and to soothe the ache of missing her two closest companions. She was having fun, and it made her happy. She had complete trust in him, but in her wide-eyed innocence, she had no idea what she was doing to him.

Then came the day, a few days ago, when she felt they were ready to begin working on the tango. She was very enthusiastic about it. Sakura explained that creativity and improvisation were actually more important that correctness, although there were a number of steps and positions. She matter-of-factly read off a list of exotic sounding names and their meanings. Some of them, like el Circulo, la Caza, el Abrazo, and /Caricias/-the Circle, the Chase, the Embrace, and Caresses-suggested to Kakashi's mind something rather different from dancing.

They spent an hour or so going over the basic steps, pretty tame and not too complicated. Kakashi accepted Sakura's calm explanation that the photograph in the book was a highly stylized exhibition display done by professional dancers, not the sort of thing they were doing.

Today Sakura announced that they were ready to dance to the music. She flipped through the box of records, past such labels as "Tuvan Throat Singers" and "Alpine Yodeling" to find some appropriate tango music.

"Here we go!" she said, putting the record on the phonograph and, turning it on, placed the tone arm on the edge. Stepping over to Kakashi, her new shoes slipping smoothly across the wood floor, she looked up at him with a brilliant smile that went through him like a kunai. That would be a hell of a jutsu, he thought. "Ready?" she asked.

Kakashi took a deep breath. "As I'll ever be." As the opening bars of the music started, he placed his arm across her back just below her shoulder blades, then raised his other hand. She placed her hand on his shoulder and slipped her other hand into his.

They began simply, facing each other, he stepping slowly forward, with her stepping back. Then they both stepped to the side, lightly dragging the other foot along afterwards. On the phonograph, a woman began to sing in a foreign language. Her voice was sultry, yet it had a sad, longing quality to it.

They continued with this easy, strolling pace, circling around the room, Kakashi leading where they would go, using subtle but certain pressure of his hands. They began to add variations; a swivel step or a slight rocking step, a slight pause, then a smooth, tight circle, opening up slightly, then drawing closer together again.

Slowly rotating, he slid his right leg between hers. As he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, Sakura smoothly hooked her leg behind one of his knees, then the other. Sliding her leg back, she turned out a little. She bent her right leg across her left, bringing her heel up between his legs.

"Mind the goods," Kakashi warned quietly.

Sakura blushed slightly as they went back to a simple walking step for a few more measures. Then in a side by side position, she hooked her left leg between his and around his right knee. He lifted her feet off the floor and swung her around to face him. Her right leg wrapped around his left hip and he held her tightly against his chest. Her face was on a level with his, and she found herself gazing into his ebony eye. Her eyes widened a little and her lips parted slightly. She hung in his arm for what seemed to be a very long time but was really only an instant. For that moment, the music seemed to fade, and all she could hear was her own breathing and the sound of her blood pumping in her ears.

The next instant, she felt his iron grip on her relax, and she swung her right leg out. Rolling her hip across his thigh, he set her back on her feet. She swiveled back to face him and she noticed that he was now holding closer than he had been before. She could feel his lips through his mask brushing lightly against her temple. Her breath gave a little hitch in her throat, but she continued the smooth steps, letting him lead her around the room.

The woman on the record sang on, her voice sensual and insistent. Sakura wondered what the words meant. Closing her eyes and trying to calm her beating heart, she moved along where Kakashi led her, trusting to his confidence and cat-like grace. There came another slight pause in their steps, which started to draw out longer than it should have. The beat where they should have continued on came and went, and Sakura opened her eyes, looking up at her partner.

His expression, as usual, was difficult to read as he looked down at her, but she could hear an increase in the rate of his breathing. Suddenly, he dropped her hand, and reaching up to his chin, he pulled down his mask.

Sakura had no time to stare in wonder at the sight of his face, his straight nose, and his pale, perfect lips. He lowered his head and pressed his mouth hungrily against hers. The hand he held behind her slid up past her shoulders and her neck to the back of her head, his fingers pushing through her hair and pressing her mouth harder against his. His other arm circled her waist, pinning her to him.

Two frenzied thoughts struggled together in her mind. One was close to terror. Her sensei, whom she trusted completely, held her in a vice-like grip, his lips covering hers. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew that she might be able to take him out with the powerful training that Tsunade had given her. But that was the other thought--she didn't want to. After a moment, her body lost its initial stiffness and pressed yieldingly against his. The phonograph went on to the next song unnoticed.

She felt his tongue press against her lips and she parted them, giving a little moan as she felt him slide into her mouth. She raised her arms, sliding her hands up his back. Kakashi gave a short, savage laugh deep in his throat, letting his hands roam over her body. Somewhere in the dark recesses of his mind it occurred to him with a sense of satisfaction that he was the first man to do this to her.

He suddenly froze. I'm the first man to do this to her! He gave a sharp intake of breath and jerked his head back. She stared up at him. He was shocked to see the same look of trust in her eyes. Shit! He stepped back from her, letting his hands drop to his sides.

His breathed out tremulously. "Sakura, I-I'm so sorry!"

Sakura stared at him for a moment, then dropped her eyes to the floor, her face glowing hot. She felt tears fill her eyes and she covered her face.

"Sakura." She heard him whisper her name pleadingly, and she raised her head to look at him, her cheeks wet with tears.

"You trusted me and I took advantage of you," he said, a look of anguish in his eye. "I was-"

"No, you didn't," she said quietly but firmly, cutting him off.

Kakashi shook his head. "No, I-"

"It was the other way around!" Sakura blurted out, then, embarrassed by her outburst, she added in a small voice, "Sort of."

Kakashi was silent for a few moments, watching her with a guarded expression. "How's that?" he asked finally.

Sakura hesitated, trying to choose her words carefully. "I--sort of-I-wanted that to happen." Her cheeks grew hot again.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, maybe not exactly like that!" she went on, her words tumbling out. "It's something that just sort of started happening. I really wanted to be with you and I liked having you hold me and being close to you and I started to-to-fall in love with you..." Her voice faltered at the end and she fell silent, feeling incredibly stupid.

Kakashi stared at her, a wide range of conflicting emotions jostling each other in his mind. He stepped away from her, hoping she hadn't read his expression too well. He reached over to the phonograph, lifting the tone arm and setting it to the side. He said hesitantly, "That's...quite a revelation."

Sakura now felt like a complete idiot. She wanted to go run and hide or scream into her pillow. "I'm really sorry." she whispered. "I should go."

"No, wait." Kakashi took a deep breath. "You know," he began slowly but deliberately. "Maybe we should stop apologizing to each other and just lay our cards on the table."

Sakura looked up at him, her heart sinking.

He turned back to face her. "I didn't want to admit this to myself. I wanted to think it was just-well-lust that I was feeling, and that a few cold showers-" He crooked his mouth into a wry smile. "-make that a lot of really cold showers-would do the trick." He sighed. "But it started getting to the point where I couldn't stop thinking about you. I tried to convince myself that I was going along with these little sessions of ours to help you feel better." He paused and came back to stand before her. He reached up to her face and brushed away a stray tear, his fingertips lingering on the curve of her cheek. "But I just couldn't stop wanting to hold you."

She gazed up at him, her green eyes wide with wonder and hope. "Kakashi..." she whispered, giving him a pleasant sensation by dropping the "sensei." She moved closer to him and he folded her into his arms. He felt her arms slide around him and wrap themselves around his back. She tilted her head up and he kissed her, gently and sweetly. Their lips slowly separated and she tucked her head under his chin, sighing contentedly.

After a few moments of silence, he heard her speak, her voice small and muffled in his vest. "Can you wait for me?"

Kakashi closed his eyes and rested his cheek against her hair. This was not going to be easy, but even after swearing to never get too close to anyone else again, he was never more certain of what he wanted. There were some things worth risking. Three years wouldn't be too long.

"As long as it takes."

************

AN: I'm currently working on something else that did not start out as a sequel to this, but I managed to work something in, just to show how things are progressing. Stay tuned!
Also, if you're interested, look up a Google video titled "Baila Tango-Boston Meets New York." It was the source of much of my inspiration. The music in this fanfic is the same as what the first couple uses.
Sign up to rate and review this story