Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > ACE OF SPADES

A Missed Opportunity

by masterinfailure 1 review

they almost had him

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-13 - Updated: 2006-09-13 - 428 words

0Unrated
Andy and I moved quickly and cautiously towards the exit that was once our entrance. I saw him pacing, unsure of who it was exactly, but sure that he couldn't be treated without precaution. He moved with ease and insecurity, jerking his arms as though carrying on a conversation with the sounds of the bustle that surrounded us on these city streets. He made his way towards us. I saw Andy reach for his piece from the corner of my eye. I made no motion to stop him, but gave him a glance that signaled not to shoot. Guns would make too much noise, and I still needed him alive.

"If anything, we take him silently and with minimal harm."

I watched him come closer, posing no immediate threat. His hand outstretched, and his head down, he reached for the phone and the cards that lay on top of a dumpster just outside the back entrance of the factory. He gracefully placed them in his inside suit jacket pocket, talkking to himself the whole time. Andy and I just sat there usure of whether or not to say anything to him, then suddenly realizing that we didn't need to. He was answering his own questions, conversing with himself. I had seen this before and knew that we needed to get him to a safe place. Before we could grab him, he turned without acknowledgement of Andy or I, and made his way to the end of the alley. He turned the corner and vanished.

"Do we go after him. We can't just let him get away like that, I doubt he can drive in the state he's in."

I said nothing, I was contemplating my next move.

"Boss, if we are going to do something, now is the time to do it."

Tires squealed and we heard the sounds of a broken down toyota peel out onto the streets of Chicago.

"I guess we can rule out your assumption that he's on foot, Andy. Come on, my car's faster, I'll drive."

We jumped into my car and sped out in search of his car.

"Just to clarify, Boss, do you know who that was?"

"To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure."

I suddenly jerked the wheel sending Andy into the window and causing the car beside me to swirve into a parked chevy on the side of the road.

"A bit jumpy, Boss?" Andy blurted out, rubbing his head where it met with the window.

I looked down at the face of the cellphone.

"It's him."
Sign up to rate and review this story