Categories > Books > Harry Potter > RS- Transforming Harry

Summer Letters

by DrT

Harry never wondered how magicals differed from Muggles. He should have. HP/HG/LL/GW, some bisexuality & slash.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Luna - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2017-10-30 - Updated: 2017-12-08 - 13374 words - Complete

?Blocked
RS- Transforming Harry
Part I

Harry never wondered how magicals differed from Muggles. He should have. When it’s discovered Harry has metamorphing abilities, life will be very different. HP/HG/LL/GW, some bisexuality & slash.

The Harry Potter canon and characters are owned by She-Who-Must-Be-Mentioned and many minions. This fic shows what hormonal teens wished they could get away with.

*

*
A long time ago (ca. 2004-2006), I wrote 4 pieces of HP smut. These were posted on a site called ‘The Restricted Section.’ Of those four, I reposted one shortly afterwards here as one of the first stories I uploaded on this site (‘Say, Isn’t That….’). The other three were not posted here for reasons mentioned below. Whenever someone asked me to post the stories here, I could answer they should go to the other site. However, that site is now closed.

The reason why I did not repost the three stories here (‘Fellowship of the Oliphant,’ ‘Harry Potter in the French Quarter,’ and ‘Transforming Harry’ in order of original publication) is because they are different than the other R & X stories I have posted here, in that all three have (at least in some senses) a bisexual Harry and two stories also have even more M-slash. I rarely read such stories, and while plenty of my other stories feature female relationships and many mention gay men, they don’t have much if any graphic M-slash – these three do. However, I have been asked to repost them here, and I am doing so.

So, first of all, these are stories from over 10 years ago. Some things might seem rather cliché; they were less so, if at all, then. For example, ‘Fellowship of the Oliphant’ was one of the first stories that ‘speculate’ what the ‘power of love’ might consist of if carried out by uninhibited teens. There have been many similar stories, graphic or not, since.

Secondly, and more importantly, these stories feature a bi-sexual Harry (even if he denies that in ‘French Quarter’ and to some degree he’s right in ‘Transforming Harry’). ‘Transforming Harry’ and especially ‘Oliphant’ both have M-slash (as well as F-slash). All three stories have elements of pure smut, silly smut, needless smut, and at times ludicrously improbable (or even impossible) smut. ‘French Quarter’ and especially ‘Oliphant’ at times come close to ‘PWP’ (‘Plot? What Plot?’), although I think of all three stories more as homages to Victorian porn. If you do not enjoy such stories but read any of these anyway, don’t complain about these stories having such elements – you have been warned. If you complain anyway, my response is, ‘why did you read it if you don’t like slash/outrageous smut/OOC HP stories, etc.? Go read something else.’

‘Transforming Harry’ was posted in 21 chapters. I am reposting it with eleven chapters. Other than removing some of the typos, this is pretty much the original story. I am sure some typos/errors remain. ‘Transforming Harry’ is the longest of the three stories, and actually has much more of a plot (although it frequently halts for gratuitous sex scenes). Harry’s metamorph abilities and the frequent use of polyjuice account for nearly all Harry’s bisexual activities, but there is a gay couple who are a bit more than mentioned.

*

Chapter I

4 July 1996

Dear Ron and Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and Remus

First of all, thanks again Hermione, this copy quill will make keeping in touch with everyone a bit simpler this summer. I'm sorry I haven't written sooner, but life has been weirder than usual so far. I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to write a real letter until now.

As everyone except perhaps Luna and Neville know, some friends of my parents and Professor Dumbledore had a strong talk with my so-called guardians at the Platform almost two weeks ago. My uncle did not take the talk well. He was practically screaming at me for half an hour as he drove us towards the house. Unfortunately for him, he was spotted doing so (the car was weaving around the motor way) by several police officers (Muggle aurors). When they stopped him, he started screaming at them, and then he hit me and then attacked two of the officers who were trying to restrain him. My cousin Dudley also hit a police officer, knocking out two of his teeth.

Now my aunt does not like me, but even she realized that this was NOT my fault. Nor was it my fault that when Dudley was searched, he was holding several ounces of marijuana. I was questioned about it, and could deny all knowledge of it. It didn't look nearly as potent as the type we used to infuse that calming draft back in Fourth year, but I didn't let on I knew anything about the stuff. By then, we were at the Muggle police station, my uncle and cousin were under arrest, my aunt was hysterical, and I was worried.

At that point, Alastor Moody showed up. There wasn't anything he was able (or at least willing) to do to keep my uncle and cousin totally out of trouble, if only because he wouldn't want to do the intense memory charms needed to clean up what was then a large number of Muggles who knew what had happened. Still, I think he pulled some strings somewhere.

In short, my uncle and cousin are 'away' for the month of July. They're rather lucky that they are in a special anger management program instead of a regular Muggle prison, although I sometimes wonder if either of them is intelligent enough to realize that. The important thing at the moment is that my aunt is smart enough to realize that.

Every morning, I get up early and work out with my cousin's weights and exercise equipment, and then work in the yard until two hours before lunch. I clean up and go to a friend of Professor Dumbledore's, where I can get all my magical studying done and then I eat a good lunch (be sure to tell your mother that, Ginny). After lunch, I'm being tutored by several people, including some folks from the Druid communities of North America, in a lot of different things, including Occlumency and dueling. I stay there for dinner. Evenings, I practice meditation and read through the Muggle books my cousin has accumulated (unread) over the years. Maybe we can talk about some of them, Hermione and Remus. Ginny, Luna, do either of you take Muggle Studies? I'm embarrassed that I don't know. If you do, maybe I can be something of a resource this summer as you study for your OWLs.

Ron, Hermione how is France? It was nice of your parents to invite us, Hermione, I wish I could have gone, too. When does Ginny switch places with Ron? Ginny, say 'hello' to everyone at the Burrow. Luna, how is Sweden? I hope you got all your things back. Neville, please take a look at my description of the problems with my aunt's roses. Maybe you can figure out some non-magical way to help them.

I don't know how these will reach you, but I have been assured that our letters will be private and secure. Thank you, everyone, for putting up with me last year. I thought a year ago, when Cedric was killed, that my life couldn't get much worse. As I found out last month, it could. I am just now starting to come out of that experience. I have been taught meditation, and that helps with everything; magic, study, my temper, and Occlumency. I will try and be more open and less angry from now on.
your friend

Harry

*

5 July

Dear Harry

Thank you for the note. Mum was glad to hear that you're eating better this summer, and that your uncle and cousin aren't there to bother you. I'm not certain when Ron and I 'switch places', as you called it. It will depend on how well Ron is behaving. I therefore am certain he'll be here any minute now.

Thanks for writing. I'm of course happy to know you're doing better, but I'm also glad because I'm so b----y bored here! It turns out I was wrong about Dean, and Neville hasn't written, either. Percy still won't talk to Mum or Dad, Bill is in London all the time, Charlie is still in Romania, and the twins are working 80 hour weeks and usually stay over the shop. If Ron does show up today, I'll be almost ready to go! (And yes, I take Muggle Studies, along with Care. Luna takes Muggle Studies as well.)

Speaking of which, off to work on my Muggle Studies. Any clues about what 'swing music' is?

your friend

Ginny

*

Harry:

Don't believe anything Hermione says. The girl is barking, and now that I really know her parents, I see where she gets it from. You might know that she and I thought we'd start dating, with hopes for something more formal, when we were recovering in the Infirmary. Well, that's off. Hermione's a good friend I guess, but it just won't work as anything else.

I should be back at the Burrow around the 21st.

You sound better. I hope so, anyway.

Ron

*

6 July

Dear Harry:

Ron Weasley is an immature, lazy, xenophobic (Harry had to look that one up before reading on.) git! I don't know why I ever wanted to date him! (I'm sure you figured out that we were thinking about it, but Ron didn't want to actually mention it. At the time, I thought it was because he didn't want to put any more stress on you, so that you wouldn't feel we were shutting you out. Now I think he was just ashamed of me. In any case, as much as I wanted to be serious with him before; the whole idea is out now.)

I had hoped that he would accompany us to the summer camp my parents and I have always gone to for at least a few weeks (along with you and Ginny, and maybe even Luna). My parents had strong doubts about Ron (and you) coming along, and now I can see they were correct about Ron.

What Ron and you don't know about our lives is rather simple to say, but may be difficult for you to understand. Please don't say anything to Ron or the Weasleys about it (well, Ginny knows). It's a naturalist camp. (Harry thought about that for a moment, and then realization dawned, making him blush a bit. His thought processes were a bit slow, as he had still been wondering why Ron had told him he and Hermione would try dating, and why Ron had not told Hermione Harry knew. 'No wonder he and Hermione can't get along,' Harry thought. 'They really are on two different wave lengths.')

It may seem startling to you, but since I grew up doing this, it seems perfectly natural to me. I hope you don't think us 'odd' or 'depraved' or anything like that (Ron said worse about the subject when my father brought the mere concept up in casual conversation).

I probably should just tear this up and write you a brief note saying that Ron is a git and that we aren't going to date, and that if he treats Ginny as bad or worse than me on the subject of dating next year, he'll think Malfoy got off easy on the last train ride.

Obviously, I didn't tear this up. I need at least one of my best friends to understand me. Since Dumbledore told my parents that you likely couldn't join us for any part of the summer, and after what Ron said, I doubt they would welcome you at the camp (especially since they'll have to drive in to tend to the practice in August). Perhaps I can still ask Ginny and perhaps Luna. If there is a second envelope with both your and Luna's name of it, could you send it on to her unopened?

Please, write back soon. Tell me you understand, and don't hate me.

love from your friend

Hermione

Harry saw there was no second envelope, so presumed it had been sent on to Luna. He was not certain what to write back, and so waited until the next morning to write so he could think about it.

*

7 July

Ron

What the devil did you do or say to Hermione? Whatever it was, I hope the two of you manage to stay friends. You are both my good friends, in different ways. I'm sorry you two didn't work out. Neither of us look like we're going to have much luck in that area, do we?

I hope to see you some time this summer.

Harry

*

7 July

Dear Hermione

First of all, I'm sorry you and Ron didn't work out. I hope you can stay friends. You're both very important to me.

Second of all, are you trying to kill me? The image of you, Luna, and Ginny summering together at that camp! But no, I don't think badly of you or your family. I wish I could get to even a regular summer spot. I have to admit, I don't know how I would react at your camp. I wonder if I would be more red from the sun or from embarrassment? It does explain that great tan you’ve often had, especially at the start of Fourth year!

It seems strange not having any school work to do until the OWL results show up. I know you'll have all Os, but I'm worried about some of my results (except for History, which I know I failed, and Defence, which I know I did well on). If I can't become an auror, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe McGonagall and I need another talk, one without that cow Umbridge. (I am reading the Prophet every day, Umbridge announced her early retirement yesterday).

Take care,

your friend

Harry

*

7 July

Dear Ginny

Sorry you're bored. I understand Hermione might have some ideas to make the rest of your summer interesting. Does this mean you've finished revising for your OWLs?

'Swing music' developed out of American jazz in the 1930s, and was big in the 1930s and 40s. I seem to remember your father had some old records and a wind-up phonograph. I went down to a junk shop this morning, and am sending along six old records. The smaller ones are played at 78 speed, the larger ones at 33 1/3. I hope you like Two O'clock Jump (I listened to it over lunch). I wonder if either of my parents listened to Harry James, or if it's just a coincidence. I'll have to ask Remus.

take care

Harry

*

When Harry got back to his room after dinner, he found two messages and the newest Quibbler waiting for him. Harry was not certain how this worked (he gave his out-going mail to Mrs. Figg), but was not going to quibble.

Dear Harry:

Thank you for your letter. I'm glad you're feeling better. I have two bits of news. First, I just got a wand of my own. You were right, Ollivander is a bit creepy. Still, the wand feels a lot better than my Dad's.

The second will be more surprising. I'm seeing Susan Bones! Neither of our families exactly believe in pre-arranged marriages, but this is sort of a first step in an arranged one. I'll be at the Bones' for the next few weeks. I hope we're able to come to an agreement. I always thought I'd be one of the ones left out.

Take care, and good luck with your aunt's roses,

Neville

Harry saw there was a separate page of instructions for taking care of the roses. He was not quite certain what Neville meant about his relationship with Susan, but figured it was not important.

As usual, he was wrong.

*

5 July

Dear Harry:

Thank you for your letter. I hope this means you are feeling better about life than you were the evening before we left school. I am very sorry I was unable to sit with you and our friends on the train. Padma Patil took me into a compartment with her friends. They were very apologetic about their past inaction over my treatment in the House. I tend to believe that this was triggered by my accompanying you to the Ministry rather than any active feeling of guilt on their parts. Still, if they do manage to convince the group which has been attempting to tease me over the years to desist, life next year will be more convenient, even if O.W.L.s seem to take up a great deal of time. Are they really that difficult? To answer your question, I take Runes, Muggle Studies, and Divination as my extra courses.

I have already heard from Ginny and Hermione. Daddy seems pleased, since I've never gotten owls before, although we still haven't found any Snorkacks (Hermione will be pleased, I suppose). Ginny seems preoccupied with Neville, while Hermione seems to have high expectations of Ronald.

I must admit, I had a somewhat childish crush on Ronald for several years. While I knew Ginny, I only knew Ronald to say hello to. Once I got to know him, I can see why you and he are friends, but by last November, I quickly decided that it was merely a crush on my part. I hope Ginny and Hermione have better luck.

I am happy to learn you and your aunt are coexisting on a more pleasant level, even if it took your uncle and cousin's troubles. Ginny told me something of your home life in previous years. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

affectionately

your friend

Luna

*

7 July

Dear Luna

I'm sorry that you haven't found any snorkacks. What exactly is a snorkack? They aren't in Fantastic Beasts, which is no doubt why Hermione doesn't believe in them.

I'm afraid Ginny and Hermione have both been disappointed. I knew, of course, that Ron and Hermione were attracted to each other for the last year and a half or so. (I think everyone who ever saw the two of them together saw that.) But the pair of them argue so much, I'm not really surprised that they've (at least for now) broken up. Ron likes teasing, and doesn't mind being teased in return but of course hates to be scolded. Hermione does NOT like being teased, at least in the ways Ron usually does it (sometimes it is more like a taunt than a tease, at least with Hermione). Hermione is, well, something of a bossy know-it-all. While Ron's mother is rather bossy, he fights against Hermione's bossiness, while I usually ignore it. That's why I think we work best as friends, but maybe they'll still learn to not clash.

Neville wrote me, telling me that his family and the Bones are working on an arranged marriage between him and Susan. I know Neville likes Ginny, too, but since Ginny never let on about any feelings for Neville (so far as I know), should I say something to either of them? I owe Neville a letter, but I think I'll just hint and then say nothing, at least for now.

When might you be back in Ottery St. Catchpole? I hope I can see you and my other friends this summer.

your friend

Harry
*

7 July

Hi Neville! Thanks for the instructions for the roses. I'll share them with my aunt in the morning.
I was surprised to hear about you and Susan. Don't get me wrong! Susan is a great (and cute) girl, and I thought of you as a good friend long before last month. If you and Susan get want to together and make a go of things, I will be happy for both of you. I just thought you and Ginny were getting interested in each other. I guess I was wrong.

So, good luck to you and Susan, and I'm glad to hear about your new wand. If we keep the DA going, you'll likely be a top dueler once you get used to your wand.

Harry

*

8 July

Dear Harry

First of all, thank you for the records! The Harry James record was a lot of fun! Reading about music is of course nothing like listening to the real thing!

I cannot believe what Hermione wrote to me! And that you know! I don't know if I dare go! Please swear you won't tell anyone!

Ginny


*

8 July

Dear Ginny

If you really want to go, you will dare. I certainly won't be turning you in or telling. You should know me well enough to know I won't hold it over any of you.

your friend,

Harry

*

Harry was pleased to find two envelopes on his bed after he got back to Privet Drive the evening of the 10th.

8 July

Dear Harry

Snorkacks are difficult to describe. I wonder if Hermione realizes that the edition of Fantastic Beasts we use in Defence is a very abridged version? For the most part, that edition only lists the beasts known to still exist. Snorkacks are believed by many to be extinct, as they are (or were?) the favored prey of dragons.

I received a very interesting letter from Hermione. I rather like her, despite her doubts of anything she has not directly seen unless endorsed by some authority (I wonder how she felt about Professor Lockhart? He was seen as an authority, after all). You also like her, and I think very highly of you, Harry. Would you think badly of me if I were to spend August naked with Hermione? I wish you could be there.

your affectionate friend

Luna

*

9 July, 1996

Dear Harry:

I have written to both Ginny and Luna, inviting them to stay at the camp from the 27th through near the end of August. Is there any chance of your joining us in Diagon Alley on the Friday before (the 26th)? Is there any chance of your joining us? I miss you very much, and I'm sure Ginny (and, from what she's written, Luna) would also want to spend time with you. Perhaps we could disguise you. The camp we go to is fairly large, and we have a cabin that is somewhat isolated. We could always polyjuice you into a girl. Who would you like to be? Perhaps Luna can have a twin.

Seriously, I hope Luna and Ginny can join me, and I hope you can join us at Diagon Alley at the very least.

love

Hermione

*

10 July

Dear Luna

No, I hadn't realized we used the abbreviated version. Perhaps you should bring a copy of the full edition on your visit with Hermione. As for Hermione and Lockhart, I refuse to answer. Ask Ginny, not Ron.

I wish I could spend August with you, Ginny, and Hermione, although I would be too shy to be naked! If you aren't so shy, then I certainly wouldn't think badly of any of you. I care for all three of you, and miss you all very much.

I forgot to tell you that I'm glad Padma and her friends will help you deal with the meaner Ravenclaws. I was bullied for much of my life before I came to Hogwarts, and have very strong feelings on the subject. Believe me, I will help you in any way I can.

affectionately

Harry

*

10 July

Dear Hermione

Leaving aside the many practical difficulties, if I spent a month as a girl I would NEVER hear the end of it when it came out (and it would, sooner or later). Believe me, I wish I could spend time with you, Luna, and Ginny (and Ron and Neville, for that matter). If you can figure out something (especially if it doesn't involve me being naked, or a girl), I will go along with it. Come to think of it, since Uncle Vernon and Dudley will be back on the 29th, I might even consider being a naked girl.

I'll let you know about the 26th.

affectionately

Harry

Harry thought a moment, and then wrote another letter.

Dear Professor Dumbledore:

I have been told I am making 'great strides' in my training this summer. In fact, they have said I shall be done with their curriculum within two more weeks. Aunt Petunia has been reasonable, even to the point of taking me shopping for new clothes that actually fit for the first time since I've lived here (although I had to pay for them; I'm glad Mrs. Figg was able to draw on my Gringotts account. I told my aunt I had borrowed the money.). However, my uncle and cousin will return from the program on the 29th. Unless it has worked miracles, I expect life will get worse here quickly after their return.

So, is there any way I can get out of here by the 28th? I would not like to go to Grimmauld Place, as from what little I have been told, it's empty most of the time. I do realize that the Burrow, while now well-warded, is a known location. I wish I could accept the invitation from Hermione, and join her, Luna Lovegood, and Ginny Weasley at the Grangers' camp this August, but know that is likely out of the question as well.

Still, there must be some solution. At the least, I feel I need to visit Diagon Alley, preferably on the 26th (when Hermione, Luna, and Ginny should be visiting).

yours

Harry Potter

*

As successive Ministry members of the Order of the Phoenix droned on, Albus Dumbledore looked around the classroom. Now that the Ministry had acknowledged that Voldemort had returned (and equally importantly, now that Minister Fudge understood that Dumbledore was not directly after his job), the Order of the Phoenix could meet at Hogwarts, leaving Grimmauld Place as a fall-back headquarters. Remus Lupin lived there, and helped keep it ready, should it be needed.

Voldemort was busy organizing. The defeat of twelve Death Eaters, the capture of most of them, had certainly damaged the Dark Wizard. On the one hand, the wizarding communities of Britain and Ireland, and to some extent western and central Europe, were afraid of what 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' might do, and could do. On the other, his 'organization' was being ridiculed. A botched raid led by Bellatrix Lestrange against now-vocal Voldemort basher Amos Diggory had high-lighted the problem: Voldemort was seen a dangerous wizard with just a few, insane and/or incompetent followers.

Voldemort would soon have to attack one of three targets himself: Azkaban, to release his followers; Dumbledore; or Harry Potter. Azkaban was now moderately-well protected. Dumbledore and Fudge had managed to recruit two hundred guards from outside of Britain. Dumbledore had few worries about himself.

That left Harry.

Harry was training hard, but he was still a not-quite-16-year-old who had led a very difficult life. Dumbledore knew something had to be done for Harry, lest Harry's psyche shatter under the pressure. In addition, Dumbledore knew quite well that Harry would have to destroy Voldemort, and that this would come from Harry's powers, triggered by love releasing the Light Magic within him.

Dumbledore also knew that Harry was not feeling either loving or loved at the moment, especially towards him.

The Headmaster had hoped that Harry would find his own way to love, but that had not worked out very well the previous year. Therefore, the Headmaster would need to give Harry a nudge, and see if nature might then take its course.

Unbeknownst to anyone, Dumbledore was reading Harry's mail. He therefore had a plan.
Thanking the last of the Ministry members, Dumbledore dismissed the group, keeping Remus Lupin behind. "How go the negotiations?" he asked once they were alone. Not every Order activity was openly reported. Most wizards did not know that while some werewolves were solitary, many lived near each other, forming packs at the full moon and support groups the rest of the time. There were four in Britain (located in Cornwall, Northumbria, central Wales, and the Scots Highlands) and two in Ireland. Lupin was meeting with them, trying to keep them away from joining Voldemort.

So far, Lupin had gotten tentative agreements with the Irish, Scottish, and Northumbrian packs. "No change. I have to run with each pack before they will decide. I run with the Welsh pack next month, and the Cornish one later on. They don't trust Voldemort or the Ministry. The repeal of the worst of Umbridge's werewolf regulations helped."

"Good. I understand you stopped by and talked to Harry yesterday."

Remus' eyes narrowed. "I did, and I will continue to see him. We talked about this last May."

"We did," Dumbledore agreed. "I am worried about him."

"He needs his friends," Remus said.

"He does. I have an idea for August, starting around, say the Eleventh. Alas, his uncle and cousin return to Privet Drive on the Twenty-ninth of this month. He will have completed the course of training we had planned for him by the Twenty-fifth at the rate he is going, and has made a reasonable request to visit Diagon Alley with his friends on the Twenty-sixth."

"And the full moon is the morning of the Thirtieth."

"At 9:35 in the morning. So, you will not change, as it is during full daylight, correct?"

Remus shrugged. "I don't technically change, and can't infect people. I have all the internal symptoms and will be overly-emotional, especially tending towards anger. It's not pleasant."

"I need someplace for Harry to stay between the evening of the Twenty-sixth through the late morning of the Eleventh, should my plans work out."

"Then you had better fill me in," Remus demanded.

"Only if you swear not to reveal what I am going to do."

Remus thought about that, and agreed.

First, Dumbledore revealed the basic ideas in the Prophecy. Then he revealed his plan for Harry. It was difficult to see which had stunned Remus the most. Finally, he said, "You're taking an awful risk."

"I do not believe so," Dumbledore answered. "At the worst, I believe Harry will cement his friendships with the three young ladies."

"And if they fall out?"

"I do not believe that will happen."

Remus rolled his eyes. "We'll see. And if you can't pull this off?"

"I don't know," Dumbledore admitted. "The Burrow is a target as it is. With Harry there, it would become a prime target. The wards would not protect it from a direct attack by Voldemort."

"Then, if you know you won't be sending Harry to the Burrow, you should do something for young Ron," Remus pointed out. "You don't want him nosing around in August."

"You are correct." Dumbledore thought a moment. "There is a flying camp in North America, just north of Lake Superior. I think Ron Weasley has just won a free five week stay. Minerva is still considering making him the Quidditch Captain."

"Not Harry?"

"He is the best flyer at Hogwarts," Dumbledore acknowledged. "However, he does not particularly care for strategy."

"Oh. And will you explain this to Harry, or surprise him, like you did about the prefect's badge?"

"I shall explain things to him. So, I have your agreement?"

Remus sighed. "Yes."

"Good. I shall talk with Miss Tonks about escorting Harry to Diagon Alley, and then on to Grimmauld Place. I shall have two house elves report immediately to Grimmauld Place, to prepare it."

"When are you going to talk to Harry about Sirius' inheritance?"

Dumbledore winced. "When I tell him the rest of the plans for the summer."

"Good."

*

July 11, 1996

"Good afternoon, Harry. I hear you did magnificently in training today," Dumbledore said.

"Thank you, sir," Harry said warily.

"At this rate, you will complete our most optimistic schedule in two weeks."

"That's good to know. Then what happens to me?"

"Ah, Harry. The time has come to talk of many things."

Harry grimaced, but asked, "Of shoes, and ships, and sealing wax?"

Dumbledore looked a bit surprised Harry knew the quote. "Alas, no. Nor of cabbages nor kings. We need to speak of your immediate future."

"Go on," Harry said, bracing himself for the worst.

"Since you would prefer not to stay here, I have come up with two solutions. First, you may accompany your friend Ron Weasley to a five week flying camp in North America. You will have to be incognito. This will give you a complete break."

"And that will be safe, even if I'm in disguise?"

"Oh, yes," Dumbledore assured the teen. "Some of your Druid friends will be keeping on eye on the camp, to keep Mister Weasley safe, in any event."

"And the other?"

"You would spend approximately two weeks with Remus Lupin. He has many things to talk with you about, including your parents, and many things to teach you. Miss Tonks will be joining you for part of the time. You have at the least some basic metamorphmagus abilities – you have not had a haircut while at Hogwarts and yet it doesn’t lengthen, for example – and she will be working with that. I suspect you may even be a full metamorphmagus, although if you are that has been suppressed. Then, on the evening of the Eleventh, you would be joining your friends Misses Granger, Weasley, and Lovegood."

"At the Grangers'?" Harry was both surprised and embarrassed.

"No," Dumbledore said firmly. "The four of you will be basically alone, except for Dobby, but I believe that grouping should keep the four of you well-behaved. All of you will be able to use magic at this location, and I would hope you would teach them some of what you learned this summer. I also hope you will continue the DA this autumn."

Harry looked at Dumbledore through narrowed eyes. "Katie or Ron is going to be Quidditch captain, aren't they?"

"You are a magnificent flyer, Harry. Do you really believe you are that conversant in strategy compared with Mister Weasley? If so, would you like to appeal Professor McGonagall's decision?"

Harry sighed. "No. No, I wouldn't do that."

"On a happier note, you might wish your O.W.L. scores."

Harry stared at the paper Dumbledore was holding out. "So soon?"

"N.E.W.T. scores come out at the beginning of July, O.W.L.s at the end of the second. Letters to First years are sent out the third week, and to the other students the final week."

Harry took the parchment

Required Courses & Theory . . .Practical . . Theory . . . Total
Astronomy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A . . . . . . . A . . . A
Charms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . O+. . . . . . . E . . . O
Defence against the Dark Arts . O+. . . . . . . O . . . O+
Herbology. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .A . . . . . . . A . . . A
History. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .-. . . . . . . . T . . . T
Potions. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .O . . . . . . . E . . . O
Transfiguration. . . . . . . . . . . . . . O . . . . . . . E . . . O
Theory I
(Defence, Herbology, Potions). . .-. . . . . . . . .-. . . . .E
Theory II
(Charms, Defence, Transfiguration) . . . . . . .-. . . . O

Optional Courses
Care for Magical Creatures . . . . O . . . . . . . O . . . O
Divination . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . P . . . . . . . A . . . A

All students are required to take 5, 6 or 7 courses. At least two must be on the N.E.W.T. level. You are eligible for the following N.E.W.T-level courses: Accounting & Introduction to Magical and Muggle Business Practices; Care for Magical Creatures; Charms; Defence against the Dark Arts; Divination; Preparation for Joining the Ministry; Potions; Preparation for Muggle University; Transfiguration. You may take Preparation for Apparation in the Spring term of your 6th year or during either term during your 7th.

"There are a number of non-N.E.W.T. level classes as well," Dumbledore said.

Harry grimaced. "I suppose I have to take Potions if I want to train to be an Auror."

"I wouldn't say it would be impossible for you to be admitted for training without it, but it would be very difficult," Dumbledore said.

"Potions, Charms, Defense, and Transfiguration are pretty much preset then," Harry pointed out.

"True," Dumbledore agreed. "Tell me, were any good at basic maths in school?"

"I was," Harry answered.

"Does your uncle talk about business practices?"

"Sure. Why . . . oh, you're suggesting the Business course." Harry thought about it. "You know, my cousin uses the room I sleep in to store all the things he doesn't care for or has broken." Dumbledore merely nodded. Harry went on, "That includes all his books. I've read them all: history; science; literature, French, Latin, and Italian; archeology. That also includes a number of economics and business books." Harry shook his head. "Uncle Vernon really thinks Dudley is going to become a business genius. Anyway, yes, put me down for the Business course."

"There is no reason to take the Ministry course," Dumbledore said. "Would you care for a Sixth course? I don't believe you'll have time for a seventh."

"Care, of course," Harry answered.

"Excellent. I shall have the book lists sent to you."

"Can you tell me how Ron and Hermione did?"

Dumbledore looked indecisive for a moment, but said, "Very well. Act surprised when they tell you."

"Hermione must have gotten all Os, if not all O pluses," Harry said.

"Not quite," Dumbledore agreed. "She did get all Os, and pluses in all the theory sections of her classes with a separate theory component. She scored pluses over-all in Transfiguration, History, and Arithmancy. She did end up with an E in Runes."

"I hope she isn't too upset," Harry said.

"She did score the highest of your year, and the highest in over twenty years," Dumbledore said. "Mister Weasley scored O.W.L.s in every class, but scored no Os at all in his overall grades, although he did score an O in the Defense Practical."

"That's too bad," Harry said, knowing Ron would be disappointed about not being able to work towards being an auror. The Quidditch captaincy would make up for that a bit. "What else did you need to talk with me about?"

Now it was Dumbledore's turn to sigh.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"A less pleasant subject, I fear. It is time to talk about money."

"As in, how long I can live on the money in my vault?"

"No. As in all your fortunes."

"There's more than the money in my vault?"

"Oh yes, much more. Finance in the wizarding world is more primitive than in the Muggle world. Few wealthy Muggles would have as much cash and treasure as you have."

"Treasure?"

"There are chests of jewels and other valuables under the piles of coin. There is, in addition, the Potter fortune, held in trust for you. You will take partial responsibility when you turn seventeen and full responsibility when you turn twenty-one. That does not mean you need to run the estate yourself, of course. You have many agents and others to do most of the work for you. In addition, since Sirius was the last male Black, he could do with the Black fortune and lands as he wished."

"And he wished them on me?" Harry asked, a bit dismayed.

"The property he left mostly to Miss Tonks and to Remus Lupin, although you have majority ownership of Grimmauld Place, while Remus has some rights there as well. He still left you a fair amount in Muggle property and investments. More importantly, he left you sixty per cent of the Black fortune outside of the property, and all his personal estate."

"I don't think I want to know," Harry said.

"I understand, but I believe you should know a rough outline at the least."

"How much, then?"

"At the last accounting, the coin in your vault was worth just over six hundred thousand Galleons, as most of the recent interest has accumulated there rather than being invested. The rest of the Potter fortune, property, investments, and other liquid assets, are worth just over twelve million. After taxes and fees, the Black fortune added just under three million in property and Muggle investments, and just over three hundred thousand in coin and over six million in bullion and other treasure."

Harry shook his head, as if to clear it. Then he said, "I'm still upset you didn't tell me about the Prophecy over Christmas during my Fourth year. I understand why you didn't tell me about this before, though. Just knowing there was all that money in the vault was difficult enough to spread my mind around."

"Indeed. Have you decided how you wish to spend your summer?"

"Ron's my best mate, but I have the feeling you think I need the kind of help Hermione, Luna, and Ginny can give me for what I have to do, don't I?"

Dumbledore nodded. "All three will take instruction from you, more than Mister Weasley can. Miss Granger is also able to coach you. Miss Lovegood has a rare gift of insight. Miss Weasley can provide a similar physical exuberance to her brother. I wish Mister Weasley could join you as well, but that would throw the dynamics off."

"I understand." Harry again gave Dumbledore a suspicious look. "Did you have anything to do with Neville and Susan's families getting them together?"

"Not really. Their fathers had talked about it soon after they were born. When Madam Bones and Madam Longbottom asked me my opinion, I did agree it was worth exploring, but I did not start the idea."

Harry nodded, and Dumbledore left well-satisfied, after reminding Harry not to reveal any of this. Harry was left with the promise he would be visiting Diagon Alley.

Dumbledore had also given Harry a note that Sirius had left. Harry did not read it until he was ready to go to sleep that evening.

Harry:

Well, if you're reading this you're either sneakier than I thought or something has happened. I think this is stupid and unnecessary, but Moony insisted.

So, three things. First of all, what the Order has been guarding is a Prophecy made about you. If you still don't know it, make Dumbledore tell you. He should have last year. I'd tell you now if I knew the details.

Second, unless I suddenly fall in love and get married (not likely at this point), the will I made back in 1981 is still valid. I know the money will mean little to you, but consider doing this. Write the names of the people who mean the most to you. Then, give each at least a thousand Galleons. Even if you listed thirty names, you can afford it now. Tell them it's at your Godfather's request. Even your friend Ron will take it then. The next time you're in Diagon Alley, take at least a thousand Galleons and spend it and try to spend most of it on yourself. Also, unless Snape has been kind to you (Moony insists miracles can happen) send the bastard thirty Sickles and the enclosed note by a public post owl. Do not sign your name! You might still have to take Potions with the slimeball.

Finally, I love you, Harry. I'm sorry my rage at Prong's death made me blind to my responsibilities towards you that Halloween. I ignored that until recently, when Molly chewed my arse. I hate it that she was right. So, let me say right now, I love you for yourself, not just because you're James' son and my godson.

love

Sirius

PS I feel better actually. I hate it when Moony is right!

*

The next morning, Harry left a set of notes with Mrs. Figg, asking Remus to withdraw the money needed to go with each note. Each said that, at his godfather's request, he was distributing money as he had been directed. Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville each received 3,000 Galleons, while Fred and George split 3,000, as did Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Harry had 1,000 sent to Bill Weasley, Charlie Weasley, and Hagrid, and even 500 each to Dean, and Seamus.

Now all Harry had to do was make it through until his trip to Diagon Alley.

*

Chapter II

Friday, July 26, 1996

Harry finished packing up his things. Dumbledore had hinted that he might not be returning to Privat Drive the next year, and that if he did, it might be for an even shorter time. Therefore, Harry made certain all his old texts and notes were packed.

Although he still had moments, and even days, of despondency when he thought of the events of the previous year, Harry felt better, physically, than he had ever felt in the past. At a shade over 5 foot 6, he was still on the short side, but he had grown nearly three inches since Easter. He had put on weight. Where he had weighed under 9 stone when he had returned to Privat Drive, he now weighed an even 10 stone (140 pounds). Harry would never look like a body-builder, but he now had the musculature and stamina of a gymnast.

Under his Druid tutors, he had mastered Occlumency and the first basics of Legilimency. While he did not yet have the repertoire of an auror, he could hold his own against the best in a fight through his fast reflexes and sheer power. He was well-along in Muggle martial arts training, was at near-N.E.W.T. levels in his practical Charm and Transfiguration work, and post-N.E.W.T. in Defense. Until he joined the girls on the 11th, Harry would continue working on his physical training and work on Potions.

In addition, Harry had matured, and learned a great deal. He felt as if he had learned several years’ worth of material in a month -- and he had, through Dream Learning and hard work. He was now nearly as much a child of the Druids as he was of Muggle and Magical Britain. He had even learned to play the guitar, as part of his Druidical studies.

Harry glanced at the clock. It was only 8:15, and whomever was coming for him would not arrive until 8:30. Aunt Petunia had been warned, and would not be coming back until after 9:00.

A movement on Harry's bed caught his eye. Harry frowned at the letter. It was the first time he had actually caught a letter appearing. Recognizing Ron's handwriting, Harry opened it.

22 July

Harry

I really wish you were here! The first two days of camp have been great! We did six hours of maneuvers yesterday and speed drills today.

There are over sixty other students here. I'm the only one not from North America, except for a couple from the Caribbean. Sixty! It's amazing how large the wizarding population here must be. I'm rooming with five other blokes, all about my age. About half the people here are witches and I swear there isn't an ugly one in the bunch.

Thank you again for passing on Sirius' legacy. Mum and Dad let me take 50 galleons with me, so I have more spending money this summer than I have had in total my entire life. Mum and Dad put 2500 away for me, for after Hogwarts, and we spent some in Diagon Alley, so I have some nice things here, and for school.

Have a great summer, and I hope to see you at the end of August.

Ron

Harry smiled, glad that Ron was happy. He packed the letter as well, so that he could answer it that night or on Saturday. He started to move his things down the stairs.

*

Promptly at 8:30, the doorbell rang. Harry flung it open, and was surprised to see Hermione, Ginny, and Luna standing there.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed, and grabbed him in one of her tight hugs. Harry, to Hermione's surprise, hugged her back just as tightly, Harry noticing that the tight hug no longer hurt, as compared to the previous Christmas, since he now had some real chest muscles and Hermione was now nicely padded in that area as well.

Hermione kissed Harry's cheek, and she was again surprised that Harry kissed hers back. "I've missed you," Harry said. He looked up and smiled at the startled Ginny and bemused Luna. "I've missed all three of you!"

Letting Hermione go, Harry turned to the other two. Ginny was still too startled to move, so Harry glanced at Luna. She smiled shyly and raised her arms slightly in invitation. Harry took her up on it, and they hugged, although not as tightly as he and Hermione had. Harry decided to take a chance, and kissed Luna's cheek. Luna squeezed him a little tighter, and kissed his chin as she released him.

Harry turned to Ginny, and this time it was Harry who opened his arms slightly. Ginny shook her head as if to clear it, and leapt into Harry's arms, nearly knocking him over. She did not waste her opportunity, and so kissed Harry firmly on the mouth.

Harry kissed her back, and suddenly Ginny's closed eyes went wide. She squeaked and released him. "Sorry," she said.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"I shouldn't have kissed you like that," she said.

"Why not?"

"Well. . . ." Ginny gestured at the other two girls.

"Oh, Ginny," Hermione said. "Harry didn't mind, and neither do I." She smiled. "Of course, since Ginny kissed you so nicely, may I?"

Now it was Harry who was shocked. Shocked, but not so much that he did not fail to nod his head in agreement. He and Hermione kissed, this time deeply, which he and Ginny had not quite done. This was therefore Harry's first time -- and he liked it. Ginny then grabbed him and French-kissed him as well.

When Ginny released him, Harry looked at Luna with the question obvious but unspoken.

"I'm not quite ready for that," Luna said quietly. She nevertheless stepped forward. Harry let her take the lead, and they kissed long, if not deeply.

"Well," Hermione said, "I think that answers some questions." She took out a long piece of string. "Let's get this ready. The portkey is activating in less than five minutes."

"What questions?" Harry asked as they made certain the string portkey was touching Harry's old trunk, Hedwig's cage (she was out hunting and would find Harry later), the three sacks of notes and letters Harry had.

"All three of us like you, and are attracted to you," Hermione said simply. "You are attracted to us. That's good."

"Is it?" Harry asked.

"Dumbledore hasn't explained?" Hermione asked.

"Does he ever?" Ginny asked in turn.

"We won't be able to talk totally freely until the Eleventh," Hermione said thoughtfully.

"Perhaps Professor Lupin can explain wizarding mating habits to you," Luna pointed out.

"What?" Harry asked, startled. At that moment, the portkey whisked them away.

*

"Where are we?" Harry asked.

"The twins' spare bedroom, over the shop," Ginny answered. "We can slip out the back way. Tonks is waiting for us."

"Wait a minute," Harry protested. "I don't understand. . . ."

"The short version, then, since you never listen to anything else," Hermione said strictly and quickly, but kindly, "wizards tend either to marry soon after school, or stay single for some time. Most witches, probably even the vast majority, arrange to marry right out of school. Even Muggle-born witches like me tend to marry by the time they are twenty or twenty-one. We bond more quickly, and usually more firmly, than Muggles, and wizards do outnumber witches almost five to three these days. Professor Dumbledore must hope you will bond with one of us. All three of us are interested."

"And my parents, and Luna's father, are in favor," Ginny added.

"So that's why he's throwing us together," Hermione concluded.

"There's almost certainly more to it than that," Harry said angrily.

"Harry," Luna said quietly, "Do you like me? Do you like us?"

That pulled Harry up short. "Yes," he admitted.

"Are you attracted to us?"

"Yes."

"Would you want to choose now?"

Harry's eyes went wide with fear. "Oh, no!"

"Then let us get to know each other better."

"We are good friends, I mean the three of us," Hermione said. "We'll stay friends."

'I don't see how,' Harry thought, but wisely said nothing.

"We need to get down to Tonks, or she'll come up here," Ginny pointed out. And with that, the four left, leaving Harry's things to be collected later.

*

The five headed towards Gringotts first. Ginny broke the silence, by asking, "Harry, did Sirius really tell you to give us three thousand Galleons?"

"Well, he asked me to give a little of his money in his name to my friends, but not by name," Harry answered. "That reminds me. He also asked that I take a thousand Galleons and spend it today."

"Harry!" Hermione admonished. "You . . . you can't!"

"You're right," Harry agreed. "I bet the four of us can, though."

"We couldn't!" Ginny protested.

"You must," Tonks broke in. "Sirius really did want him to. He asked Remy and me to do the same, and we have."

"But. . . ." Hermione and Ginny protested.

"Why don't we each allow Harry to spend two hundred on us, and make certain he spends four hundred on himself?" Luna suggested.

"But. . . ."

"Did your parents allow you to buy a broom, Ginny?" Harry asked, over-riding Hermione.

"We're still discussing it," Ginny admitted.

"Those new Shooting Stars lose power after four or five years, but you might only need a racing broom for three more," Harry said thoughtfully. "Those are only a hundred and fifty Galleons. Or you could get a broom more like Ron's for the full two hundred."

"I will talk to your folks," Tonks added to Ginny.

"I will not take the money," Hermione said, "and I don't think you two should, either." Harry and Tonks glared at her, so she relented. "Fine. If Harry wants to spend up to two hundred Galleons on us, he can."

"Okay," Harry said. "Two hundred for Ginny's broom, and two hundred at Flourish and Blotts on account for Hermione. Any suggestions for you, Luna?"

"Oh, Harry, thank you. The same will be fine."

"The books or the broom?"

"The books."

"Great!" Harry said, smiling. "Plus lunch for all five of us."

"Now we just need to find something for Harry to spend money on," Ginny pointed out as they entered into Gringotts. The girls went over to exchange money (Hermione into Galleons for the day, Ginny and Luna into pounds, for their stay with the Grangers). Tonks and Harry went to Harry's vault.

"Damn!" Harry exclaimed in shock at the sight of the huge vault now almost completely filled with gold coins and bars.

"Do you have the Muggle credit cards ready for Mister Potter?" Tonks asked the goblin.

"I was just waiting for Mister Potter to ask," the goblin answered, handing Harry a small envelope.

"He also needs a weightless bag with . . . fourteen hundred Galleons in it, and three bank drafts for two hundred Galleons each, one drawn to Quality Quidditch Supplies and two for Flourish and Blotts."

"Why fourteen hundred?" Harry asked. "And why a bag?"

"You have to spend at least four hundred more today, and you may need more. You certainly should not be spending that four hundred on school supplies, you know, and you'll need a fair amount of cash over the next year, I would think."

"I'll take your word for it," Harry answered. "Still, make that twelve hundred in Galleons, and two hundred in Muggle sterling, in ten pound notes."

"That's true," Tonks agreed. "As for the bag, well, twelve hundred Galleons . . . each weighs a quarter of an ounce. That's three hundred ounces or almost nineteen pounds."

"Good point," Harry said.

The goblin snapped his fingers, and said, "You needn't come to your vault, you know. You may give your key to a teller and ask them to withdraw cash when it is such a small percentage of your total."

"Oh . . . I'm sorry," Harry said sincerely. "I didn't mean to inconvenience you."

The goblin looked at Harry with a puzzled expression, and then smiled, his sharp teeth showing.
"It is a pleasure serving Harry Potter."

*

The group picked up Ginny's broom first, and then, after brief stops at the apothecary and the Owl emporium, spent over an hour in the bookstore. With Tonks along to authorize him, Harry was able to pick up a number of Defense texts not available to the general public. Hermione was not happy Tonks would not do the same for her.

Rather than ice cream, Tonks led them to a small bistro, whose entrance was tucked between two large shops. The bistro itself was two floors up.

Harry and Ginny were rather intimidated by the menu. Hermione and Tonks were able to coax them through part of it. Finally, everyone else gave up and allowed Hermione to order for everyone. She approached the menu more as a tapas or antipasto selection, choosing a large number of small items which the five of them could share: cups of vichyssoise; two dozen escargot (snails), one dozen each done in either the French and Italian styles; three dozen char-broiled oysters; three types of stuffed mushrooms; a large cheese selection; and butterbeer.

"What does it say about this establishment that it lets in a party where a Mudblood is the most sophisticated member?" a hissing voice demanded.

"Draco!" a voice admonished.

The five looked up and saw Draco Malfoy standing behind the waiter, along with his mother. Before any of the five could say anything, the owner had rushed over. "I regret, Mrs. Malfoy, I shall have to ask your party to leave."

While Draco's face flushed from anger and embarrassment, Narcissa's paled. Tonks spoke up. "Dear cousin, there might be some establishment in Knockturn Alley where you can show your face. Aunt Narcissa, would you care to join us?"

"No, thank you, Nymphadora," Mrs. Malfoy managed to say. "Come, Draco."

"But. . . !"

"Come, Draco!"

"I regret this unpleasantness," the owner started to say.

"I think you handled things quite well," Hermione said in her poshest tones.

"Thank you, Miss." He bowed.

Hermione whispered just loud enough for the departing waiter to hear a moment later, "Be certain to tip the nice people at least twenty percent if the service remains this adequate." Tonks grinned.

The quintet enjoyed the meal, although Harry was not terribly fond of the texture of the snails. "Where do we go next?" Harry asked after paying the bill.

"Madam Malkins'," Tonks said. "Plus we need to help you spend more than three hundred Galleons."

"And you are NOT to spend any money on our robes," Hermione said.

"We do all have our own money for that," Luna agreed.

"Thanks to Sirius, via Harry," Ginny added.

"You know what I do need?" Harry said. "I need a multi-compartment trunk. I really don't have a home to store stuff." He shook at Ginny when she tried to speak. "I love visiting the Burrow, and I know how much your mum cares for me. Still, it still wouldn't be my home, even if you and I got together." Ginny flushed bright red.

"Sorry," Harry said.

"Remus will give you the Talk tonight," Tonks said, standing. "Then you'll have a better idea what all this means."

"Why hasn't anyone said anything?" Harry asked Tonks when they were all out in the Alley again.

"Actually, Professor Flitwick and Professor Sprout met with the Muggle-raised at the end of our Fourth year," Hermione said. "That was the morning of the Final Task, so you were excused. I should have known no one thought to fill you in."

"I swear, there's a conspiracy to keep me ignorant," Harry grumbled. They went off to Madam Malkin's, and then to a luggage store. After a quick stop at Fortescue's (since none were very hungry after their lunch) and at Weasley Wizard Wheezes, the quintet found themselves once again upstairs above the twins' shop.

"Now, here are your portkeys," Tonks said. "You have . . . twenty-five minutes before they go off. Harry, in case you haven't guessed, Luna here has been filled in a bit on the Order. Don't try to mention the exact location of Headquarters, tell her any member, other than the Headmaster, Remus, or myself." She turned to the girls. "You'll be returning to Hermione's bedroom. I'll be waiting. I'll be gone for dinner, but will ride with you to the camp tomorrow morning. Harry, I'll see you at dinner, if not before." She apparated away.

"So you're all off to the camp?" Harry asked over the awkward silence. Then he blushed.

"Yeah, I think I'll be blushing more than that tomorrow," Ginny complained.

"You'll get used to it fast," Hermione promised. "I wish you were coming with us," she added to Harry.

"Oh, I believe Harry will be thinking about us being there quite a bit," Luna said seriously. Harry blushed even more.

"Harry," Luna added, "I don't mind your thinking of me naked. I'll be thinking of you whenever I see a naked boy."

"So will I," Hermione admitted, "so I guess I can't mind your thinking of me, either."

Ginny tried to say something, but just squeaked in embarrassment.

"Alright," Harry said seriously, "think on this, then. The Prophecy Voldemort was after was originally told to Dumbledore, and he told me."

"That was right after Sirius was killed, wasn't it?" Hermione asked. Harry just nodded. Hermione sat him on the spare bed and sat next to him. Luna sat on the other side, while Ginny knelt in front of him. Luna and Hermione held on his arms, while Ginny placed her hands on Harry's knees." The short version is, either I kill Voldemort, or he kills me. There is no other solution, unless, I suppose, we kill each other. I really like you three. Hermione, you've always been there for me since our First year. Luna, you believed in me when most people who knew me better than you had doubts. Ginny, well. . . ."

"I've always wanted you," Ginny admitted.

"So, you all like me, and I like and care for all three of you. You all support me. I'll need that support. That support will make you targets. Just think how much more that evil bastard will want to get at you if we're in a relationship."

"You know we'll be your friends, no matter what?" Hermione asked. Harry nodded.

"You know we'll care for you, no matter what?" Ginny asked. Harry nodded again.

"You know, this likely won't make any difference, and we'll still want you as our lover if you want one of us?" Luna asked.

That made Harry blink and hesitate before going on. "I need for you to think about it carefully," Harry finally answered. "If I learned one thing from trying to date Cho, it's that I could only have a relationship with someone who really knows me, and who knows what she's getting into. Someone who knows that while I may have to fulfill this role, I hate having to. Someone who can help me find some normalacy in this crazy life I’ve found myself in. That means, if I date anyone next year, it could only be one of the three of you, if you feel that way about me. I wouldn't want anyone else."

"That's good enough for now," Hermione said. "We need to get ready for the portkeys."

They did, and a few minutes later, after each had kissed Harry goodbye, they left.

*

Immediately after landing, Hermione turned to Tonks. "My parents won't be back for at least an hour. We need to go shopping for one more thing."

"What's that?"

Hermione smiled. "A Polaroid camera, and lots and lots of film."

"What's that?"
"I'll explain on the way. And I'll need you to explain a little about where we're going on the Eleventh. Maybe I can get a video camera, too."

*

Remus had not wanted to be sitting and waiting for Harry in his room, so he had left a note, saying Harry should come down to the kitchen when he was ready.

Remus waited for over an hour.

This struck Remus as unusual behavior from Harry. Therefore, he went up the stairs, where he found Harry's door wide open. Peeking in, Remus saw Harry seated on a straight-backed chair, facing the door, arms cross, and scowling. "Err . . . Harry?"

Harry glared at Remus.

"What did I do?" Remus asked.

"For some reason, people seem to think it’s amusing not to clue me in on important aspects of wizarding behavior. Okay, maybe I'm not the most observant bloke on the block, but . . . really!"

Remus frowned. "What don't you know?"

"Apparently, I missed a rather important lecture in June of the Fourth year." Remus looked blank. "One given to those Muggle-born and raised." Still nothing. "Explaining, amongst many other important things, the implications of wizards outnumbering witches five to three."

Remus flushed from embarrassment. "Oh. . . . I thought Sirius talked to you about that last August."

"Well, he didn't! Something very odd is going on with Hermione, Luna, and Ginny, and it seems it's only odd to me, and Tonks said you would explain it!"

"I don't know if I'm the best person to talk to you about this," Remus said.

"Well, if you won't, who do I ask? Snape?"

"Ah. Good point. Well, come on down stairs. I'll tell you about it over tea."

*

"First of all," Remus asked as he puttered around the kitchen, "I take it you have noticed that the boys outnumber the girls at Hogwarts about five to three?"

"I did notice there seemed to be more boys," Harry admitted, "but I never sat down and calculated ratios."

"No one knows why wizards outnumber witches, at least here in Europe. In some other areas, the rations are different, a few even have more witches than wizards. Anyway, many have speculated that is why witches have always had a slightly better place in our version of wizarding society than women have had in Muggle society, at least until the last fifty years or so when some Muggle cultures have caught up to the wizarding norm. It has also meant that not all wizards could marry witches, even if they wished to. Again, you might not have noticed, but it is more common for mixed-marriages to have a wizarding father and Muggle mother, rather than Muggle and witch."

"Like Seamus' parents," Harry pointed out.

"True. She's very much the exception to the rule. As much as Pure-Bloods look down at Wizard-Muggle marriages, they really loathe Muggle-Witch ones."

"Like Voldemort's parents?"

"Really?"

Harry sighed. "Doesn't Dumbledore tell people anything? Yes, Voldemort, or Tom Riddle Junior, had a Muggle father and a Pure-Blood mother, the heir to Salazar Slytherin. Not that the Death Eaters believed me when I told them at the Ministry."

"I can't say I'm surprised," Remus admitted. "That would really be unbelievable to them. Anyway, perhaps because of this imbalance, nearly all witches start having the urge to settle down and mate. For most Pure-Bloods, the urge starts any time up to a year before their fifteenth birthdays. For the Muggle-born, it usually starts around the middle of their sixteenth year."

"Which fits for all three of them," Harry said, thinking of Hermione, Luna, and Ginny.

Remus knew whom Harry was thinking about. "Exactly. Each wants to settle down. Hermione tried to settle upon Ron, but they fought too much." Remus shook his head. "Ron must have really ticked Hermione off to push her off at this point. The Muggle-born often have the strongest nesting compulsion."

"Like my mother?"

"In part," Remus agreed. "She didn't pick your father because of this condition, but she did marry him as soon as we left Hogwarts because of it. Over ninety-six percent of all witches marry by the time they're twenty-two and it's close to a hundred percent by twenty-five, the only exceptions being a few of those whose fiancés have died in some fashion after a firm bond has formed. Nearly all who marry right out of school either marry someone they dated in school, or have an arranged marriage of some sort."

"But Hermione, Luna, and Ginny don't seem to be, well, in competition over me," Harry said. He quickly added, "Not that I would want them to be!"

"Most witches seem to want to not only be married themselves, but want their friends married as well. I would guess that the three will compete for you in friendly ways, and if one succeeds, she will help the other two find partners. If none succeeds, they will likely play matchmaker until you find a partner, unless you do something to really tick them off, in which case, your name will be crossed off every girl's list within three or four years of your age."

"Wow."

"Exactly. Now, there are a few rules. Most don't apply to you."

"Why not?"

"Because normally, each girl has a boy or two, if not more, hovering around them. You have three girls actively after you. That is unusual."

Harry nodded. "That makes some sense."

"Still, there are customs you must observe. First and foremost, no vaginal sex until a formal betrothal, and each person must be over seventeen for that."

Harry turned bright red in an instant.

"I mean it. Vaginal sex, so matter what the girls says to try and get you to do it, even if she swears it's just for fun, is a commitment for support, if not an actual marriage proposal. Even the Death Eaters do not rape a witch and let her live. She would be able to track him down and force him to make a commitment."

"What if he's married?"

"She can force him to support her, even if she doesn’t conceive. There is no way to fool the tracking spells used for this situation, not even Polyjuice potion, not even using a Muggle condom can disguise what happened and who did it. In many wizarding cultures, especially the older ones, they have group marriages for just those types of situations, but those have gone out of fashion in Western Europe these days. Still, even today a few cases are reported each year."

"Isn't that . . . degrading to the witch?" Harry asked.

"It can be, of course," Remus acknowledged. "On the other hand, when no force is involved, the final decisions are left to the witches. Even in arranged marriages, the witch legally has the final say. Even in the most oppressive magical societies, even with the strictest patriarchal systems and the strictest arranged marriages, the witch could always refuse to marry anyone she didn't want to, as long as there was a wizard she wanted to marry who would marry her."

"That's something, I suppose."

"More than that," Remus went on, "the condition only lasts until she has a child. More than ten percent of the marriages dissolve within a year of the first child being born, and over a third dissolve within five years. After that, most couples are pretty stable."

Harry frowned. Remus quickly added, "I swear, Harry, I saw no evidence of your parents not being happy with each other."

"It still sounds . . . odd."

"Well, in part that's because most people have at least a year to get used to the idea before they have to deal with it."

"It does explain a lot of behavior I've seen over the years," Harry said, thinking especially of Cho.

"Let me find you some pamphlets," Remus said. "If you're hungry, I can look for them after dinner. Are you hungry?"

"Not really. We had a big lunch," Harry said. Harry wondered for a moment if Dobby was there yet. This led him to another question. "Is Kreacher gone?"

"He had to commit suicide, once he learned he had caused Sirius' death," Remus said. "That ended quite a bit of the Dark household magic. We weren't able to get rid of Sirius' mother yet, but we were finally able to throw out those awful elves heads, for example."

"Good."

"Let's find those pamphlets. We'll have a cold collation later."

*

Saturday, July 27, 1996

"Come on, Ginny," Hermione urged. "Lunch will get cold."

"I just don't know if I can do this," Ginny said in a small voice.

"Look, how often have I seen you naked over the years?"

"Fairly often," Ginny admitted.

"Are you too shy to be nude in front of me?" Luna asked.

"Well . . . no. . . ."

"So, step one. Take off your clothes. Here's a robe you can put on afterwards."

Ginny sighed, and did as she was told, although she put on the robe after she had done so. The Grangers had a small, two bedroom (plus a large kitchen and an even larger front room) cottage. Hermione's room had a bookshelf (of course), a small chest of drawers, and a huge bed, along with the three girls, their single suitcases, Crookshanks, and Ron's owl, Pig.

"Now, that's not to bad, is it?" Hermione asked. She and Luna were already nude, except for sandals.

"Not in this room," Ginny admitted. "The robe helps."

"Wear that for lunch. Mum and Dad will go down to the lake later, and we'll sunbathe out back. We're about the most isolated cabin, so no one is likely to see us today. None of my camp friends are here right now, so there shouldn't be too many visitors, if any. We'll slather on the tanning potion, and that will give us a decent tan in a few hours. We'll work on getting you down to the lake tomorrow."

"Alright," Ginny said, still a bit doubtful.

"If you have to, think of your self as someone playing a role, the role of a confident, beautiful young woman, who is not ashamed of her body, or particularly interested in anyone else's."

"And that will be true," Luna said. "Certainly no other boy interests you but Harry at the moment."

"True, but. . . ."

"And if you want to look, wear sunglasses and look over at what you want to look at, instead of straight at it," Hermione concluded. "Alright?"

Ginny squared her bare shoulders. "Right."

*

"Where's Harry?" Tonks asked.

"He's in his room. In fact, he's been there since dinner last night."

Tonks frowned. "That's what? Almost twenty hours? Isn't he hungry?"

"Dobby has been serving Harry in his room."

"He shouldn't do that!"

"Dobby has made it very clear that he serves his Harry Potter, not this house," Remus pointed out. "Where were you last night? We were expecting you for dinner. I think Harry felt a little deserted."

"And you didn't?"

"You're an auror and a member of the Order. I expect problems. Harry stills expects people to follow through with their commitments when they make them unconditionally."

Tonks winced. "Good point."

"You should also know how the typical teen wizard reacts to this information about the nesting."

"Either like a kid in Honeydukes with an all-he-can-eat certificate, or scared witless, knowing that witches are after him."

"Which sounds more like Harry?" Remus asked, rhetorically, really.

Tonks sighed. "Scared."

"Exactly. Three attractive witches, whom he actually cares about, are thinking about bonding to him, when he's afraid Voldemort will kill him, and probably them as well."

"Poor kid." She sighed. "I'd best go look in on him."

*

Tonks saw the door to Harry's room had not fully closed. She decided to peek in and see if Harry was asleep.

He was far from asleep.

Tonks watched, her mouth open with shock, as Harry slowly moved his closed left hand slowly up and down his erect cock.

Tonks was far from an innocent, even if she was still a virgin. Like all the witches in her year, she had left Hogwarts with a steady boyfriend, after engaging in sex play with him and several other boys. He had been killed in a potions explosion a few months before their marriage, and by then she was heavily into auror training. By the time she had finished the three year program and one year probation period, Voldemort had just returned.

Over the last year, she had been able to again exercise her choice, and she had chosen Remus Lupin. Even if they might not formally marry, they were planning on consummating their relationship at some point over the following month.

Tonks had therefore seen (and touched) five cocks before, and had even gone down on her fiancé and Remus often. She had never seen a cock like Harry's. She almost gasped as Harry grasped his very long, amazingly thick cock with both hands, still pumping slowly, the head always visible above his fingers.

Harry shuddered, almost ready to ejaculate, the lubrication beading on the slit of his glans.

Tonks just stared, embarrassed but unable to move.

And then he stopped. Harry, biting his lower lip hard, let go of his cock. His hands grasped the bedspread, and Harry's body went stiff with the effort of not touching himself, although his penis vibrated from the need to ejaculate.

Tonks frowned, wondering why Harry was torturing himself. While he could be slightly masochistic, that seemed out of character to Tonks. Looking closer, she could see the desire in Harry's face, and a tear coming from one eye.

If Harry was not punishing himself . . . Tonks remembered the second boy she used to wank. He was so loud, it was almost impossible to find a place to place with him. Remus, she knew, had huge ejaculations, which could make a mess. It was, she decided, likely one of those reasons or another, and none was healthy.

Tonks moved into the room, quietly for once. Harry was still breathing hard, wanting to orgasm. "Harry?" Tonks whispered when she was near the bed.

Harry froze for and instant, and then his eyes flew open and his hands covered his balls and part of his huge cock, while he turned many interesting colors. Then he rolled so that his back was to Tonks.

"Harry, why didn't you cum?" Tonks asked softly.

Harry whimpered from embarrassment and shut his eyes.

"Are you afraid to enjoy it?" she asked. After a moment, Harry shook his head. "Are you punishing yourself?" Harry frowned in disgust. "Or are you too noisy, and afraid we'll hear you? Or than you'll make a big mess?" 'And I bet that cock might make a mess, if the rest of his system is like that!' she thought.

Tonks was an expert on body language. "Harry, your Aunt can't punish you for making a mess here. Jerk off into a towel or handkerchief, and don't worry about it. As for the noise, Remus and I won't pay any attention to you, if you don't pay any attention to the noise we make." She leaned forward and whispered, "Especially when he howls."

Harry snorted through his tears.

"Harry, you have the most beautiful, as well as the biggest, cock I've ever seen," she whispered in his ear. "If I wasn't involved with Remus, and you were of age, I'd be after you. As it is, a fair number of girls your age would be after you just to suck a cock like that, even if you weren't the famous Harry Potter," she teased.

"Girls really do that?" Harry asked, amazed, his eyes suddenly wide.

"Most witches at least try it these days," Tonks answered. "I bought a sex instruction book for Hermione," Tonks said, "I know she's sharing with the other two."

Harry said nothing, merely covering up more of his shrinking cock with his hands.

"Now, we mustn't let this go to waste," Tonks cooed softly in Harry’s ear, making him squirm. She summoned a towel and draped it over Harry. "You carry on with what you were doing. We're downstairs, so we won't hear you. I'll make certain your door is shut, this time." Tonks withdrew, saying at the door, "Dinner is at Seven. Be there."

"I'll try," Harry said.

"Don't be embarrassed," Tonks said. "If you're not there, I'm dragging you there, naked."

"Me or you?" Harry managed to tease.

"You," Tonks said, and left the room, leaving Harry to ponder. As for Tonks, she needed to find Remus, quickly. If she didn’t, she would be too tempted to go back to Harry.
Sign up to rate and review this story