Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Other Option

The Other Option

by LoveZeDemonz 1 review

Rose takes charge and rescues Harry.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-11-09 - Updated: 2017-11-14 - 936 words

1Original
"Good luck, Harry Potter." were the last words Albus Dumbledore spoke before disappearing.

I had been hiding behind the neighbors fence when Dumblefore, McGonagall and Hagrid had left my nephew Harry on the doorstep of my sister Petunia.

As I stood there, silent in the dark shadows, I thought for a moment about what was apparently supposed to happen and I shook my head, if there was one thing I knew about Petunia It's that she hates magic with a burning passion and anything to do with it, including my other sister Lily and her husband James. So I knew Petunia would not take Harry in with open arms and that a life with them would be one of true pain. Walking out from behind the fence, I now took off the only now still half invisible invisibility cloak that I'd been wearing. I had known the charm on it would wear off eventually when I'd decided to bring it along, but I only needed it for tonight.

So Bothering not to pick it back up and fold it away, I checked my watch and saw that it was 2:25am, my husband Zander would be here in 5 minutes to take Harry and I home. I walked over to the doorstep and picked up the little bundle that was Harry Potter and looked him over. Just like I'd been told, he looked just like his father had, but with the exception of having Lily's beautiful green eyes and this made me smile. Just then there was a silent crack as Zander apperated behind me.

"How is he?" Zander asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

I smiled up at him "He's fine, what about Sirius?" I asked.

Depite popular belief, Zander and I refused and still do deny to believe that Sirius Black- True Blue Marauder and surrogate brother to James was the true spy all along and we definitely didn't believe that he would ever betray Lily and James, so Zander being the stealthy wizard that he is, was to go, capture and bring him back to the house where Zander's sister Xayla would watch over him until Zander and I could question him Zander sighed but nodded all the same "He killed Peter, I think... I got him right before the ministry arrived. He's out cold and magically tied up in our basement."

I grinned and gave him a quick kiss before saying "That's the weirdest thing I think you've ever said, now come on let's go, there is still so much that needs to be done."

Zander removed his arms from around my waist with a nod and took my arm "Hold tight" he ordered. I held Harry tighter in my arms as we apperated home.

We landed in a thicket of trees, and together, we started walking until we were standing in front of a two story house. Only Zander and I could see it with the exception of Xayla as the house was under the Fidlius charm (I being the Secret Keeper), along with a large variety of other charms.

Walking into the house I noticed that Xayla had obviously not been terribly bothered by keeping watch of our little Crim friend in the basement as she'd done some cleaning up, As before I had gone to go get Harry there had been some dishes in the sink. Now the sink was empty and loud music blasted from somewhere in the distance of the house and at this, I smiled, "Xayla!" I called as I entered the living room.

"Rose!" I heard her call from the basement and the music stopped.

"Yes hun, it's me and we have the B.W.L." I said, about 5 minutes later Xayla walked in, floating behind her was a now fully awake Sirius Black. Xayla had him tied up and blind folded.

"What's a B.W.L.?" asked Sirius bewildered, this would have been a stupid question had he not been blind folded or perhaps not- Did he know Harry was alive? Did he care? I'm sure he does but I have to know for certain.

"It's a sandwich you moron." lied Xayla in an annoyed voice as she lightly hit the back of his head.

Handing Harry to Xayla I whispered "Take Harry upstairs to one of the extra bedrooms, turn the bed into a crib, lay him down, sit with him and put a silencing charm over the room just in case he starts crying." I then turned to look at my husband and waited until Xayla and Harry were safely upstairs before saying "Zander go get the Veritaserum " Nodding, he walked over to a cupboard above a book shelf, opened the door on the utmost left and pulled a small vial with clear liquid in it out and with a wave of Zander's wand Sirius' blind fold came off.

Zander handed me the vial, and without a word, He walked into the kitchen and came back out a moment later with a bottle of water which he also handed to me. Nodding as I took the water, I put three drops of Veritesirm into the bottle and forced Sirius to drink some. All I then had to say was "Explain everything." and he did. He told us how Peter was the real secret keeper, how he had been the unsuspected spy for so long and how he had faked his own death.

By the time he was finished with his explanation, The young Black was practically in tears, the shame, pain, sadness and regret shinning clear in his once bright, mischievous dark eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story