More Dodgespell! More Karina! More Bill! More letters from Luna! More Naked Veela!!!!!!
- Awesome job with the warding! I liked how Bill pointed out about the attachment issues coming up, because I realy feeel you could do something nasty with that by accident if you aren't careful. Regardless, the hallucinations are fun, but I REALLY hope that you come up with something interesting as an animagus form. Personally, I love Cockroach!Harry and Mongoose!Harry, but the former is out, I'm pretty sure. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Author's responseThanks. So many times warding is just kind of something thrown out there. Bill is trying to be a big brother, friend and a mentor.
I also intend to really go deep into being an animagus. In far too many stories, being an animagus is just some checkoff on the author's 'create and uberHarry' check sheet. Being an animagus will be a central key of the story.
(#) Lord_Phoenyx 2006-09-14 11:12:12 PMGreat Chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next, or find out bout his animagus form. Update soon
Author's responseWell I have to do chapter 22 of my other story first. There's a good backstory to his animagus form.
- Good chapter, and I'm glad you didn't go overboard on the dodgespell games. It might have been nice to see what Harry's form will be, but it can wait.
Kwan and Hack are great characters.
Author's responseGlad you like Kwan and Hack. The previous chapter was very heavy on the Dodgespell. I didn't want to beat it to death. The chapter was over 11000 words and is the longest chapter in the story. I thought it was a good spot to end it with a mild little cliffhanger.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2006-09-15 07:33:40 AMFantastic chapter, but before I go into specifics, there were a couple of errors I thought I'd mention.
1. Fairly early on, you mention that Bill wear's a dragon fang earring. If he actually did, his ear would likely fall off. He wears dragonhide boots, but we don't know what kind of animal gave up the fang. Hell, it might actually be a grizzly.
2. Luna's letter has a typo, "significatnt" has an extra "t".
3. Harry's letter has the words "the our dear headmaster". Needless to say, the "the" isn't necessary.
Back to the story itself. I liked the further details on wards, and also Bill and Fleur's relationship advice. I hope nothing too terrible happens between Karina and whatsherface.
Looking forward to the next chapter in both of your stories.
Author's responseThanks for the review. Bill probably used a shrinking charm on the tooth or maybe Charlie gave him a tooth from a baby/toddler aged dragon. Either way its a dragon tooth. I had already caught error #2, but hadn't seen #3. Right now I am flying solo with no beta at the moment. Glad you are enjoying the story.