Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation

Can't You Even Cross the Street Correctly?

by EIRI-CHICK 0 reviews

In honor of all the fics in which Shuichi runs into the street and gets hit...here's my answer to that!

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Shuichi, Yuki - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-14 - Updated: 2006-09-15 - 677 words - Complete

-1Cliche


As usual, the hyperactive pink-haired boy runs towards the street, not paying attention to where he's going. Also typical for him, he doesn't notice how unusually heavy traffic is for the time of day when he begins crossing the street. He also doesn't notice the truck barreling down the street in an intersect course straight for where his foot has just stepped into the street. A hand grabs the back of his jacket and yanks him back onto the sidewalk just as the speeding truck rushes by, preventing what surely would have been a fatal accident, with the boy on the losing side. Falling onto the sidewalk, Shuichi turns to the beautiful blond-haired man gripping the back of his orange jacket.
"YUKIIII! What was that for?" Shuichi shrieks, apparently missing what could have happened. Letting go of the jacket, Yuki angrily yells back at Shuichi, "Didn't you see the truck heading for your butt, monkey-boy? If I hadn't caught your jacket, you would have been a bug splat on its windshield by now!"
"Um....uh...oh." Shuichi stutters, subdued. But fortunately, (or unfortunately depending on your thinking,) Yuki was just starting on his enraged rant.
"First of all, you were NOT crossing at a crosswalk! Second, you didn't even look where you were going, and third, you were crossing against the light! Didn't anyone ever teach you how to cross without getting hit? Can't you even cross the street correctly?"
As Yuki takes a deep breath to continue his fiery tirade, he suddenly notices that their scene has drawn unwanted attention from people in the immediate vicinity. Couples gawk at them as they casually stroll by in the early evening hour. Yuki belatedly realizes that he is drawing unwanted stares from the curious passers-by, not noticing as his lover curls up in a defensive ball on the sidewalk, a deep blush nearly matching his pink hair. Blowing out the air he was unknowingly holding into a deep sigh, Yuki shifts the bag of groceries he's holding into his right hand and holds out his left to Shuichi, who timidly takes it. Once Shuichi's feet are underneath him, Yuki pulls his embarrased partner up and hurries them both away from the area. As they walk, Yuki moves the bag back into his left hand and leans over to Shuichi, continuing his lecture in a softer tone of voice.
"Look brat, if you are not careful when you cross the street, you will eventually get hurt, or worse, and then who would I have to cook all this food for?"
"But Yuki..." Shuichi begins, but is interrupted as Yuki gently says his name.
"Shuichi, if anything happens to you, I..." Yuki suddenly stops walking and looks down at the sidewalk, overcome by raw emotion as the realization of what nearly happened to Shuichi hits him. Unaware, Shuichi continues on for a few steps more, then noticing that his lover is no longer next to him, quickly turns around and walks over to where Yuki is standing. Curious, Shuichi looks up into Yuki's eyes, unintentionally witnessing his brief flash of absolute terror.
"Yuki...." he whispers, his voice full of emotion, moving quickly to close the gap between them. Yuki hesitantly reaches out to touch Shuichi's shoulder, his hand moving as if the unthinkable had happened. Shuichi lovingly takes the proffered hand.
"Yuki...I'm all right! I...I promise that I'll look both ways before crossing the street...and...and even follow the Rules of the Road...when I learn to drive that is...always! I promise!" Yuki looks up at the earnest declaration, mingled hope and relief evident in his eyes. Finally, after a brief moment, Yuki passionately gazes deep into his lover's eyes, smiles optimistically and responds,
"I'm holding you to that, brat."

***OWARI***

Rules of the Road info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_the_road#Rules_of_the_road
Powered by Storyl

A/N This was one of my first fics, and I haven't yet had it beta-ed but I hope you like it anyway!

EIRI-CHICK
(-_-)=~
Sign up to rate and review this story