Categories > Original > Mystery > Rock Stars Go To Hell

Musical Mischief

by Playing_With_Fire 2 reviews

Britney is an up and coming artist that has too rule high school will she make it through or will she break under pressure

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-12 - Updated: 2006-09-12 - 1382 words

0Unrated

Chapter 1
Musical Mischief


"Mom!" I screamed into the telecom. Darlene came running into the room.
" Where is my black dress and cuffs?" I questioned picking up a pile of dirty clothes. " I have a gig next week, and it could be my big break."
" Honey your dress is still at the dry cleaners can you wear something else?" Darlene asked looking at her daughter the way she did when she was born.
" No! Mom that is my signature look." I said looking at her with the look of teen angst.
"Okay honey I'll pick it up from the dry cleaners the day after tomorrow." Darlene said walking out of the room. Demonic rage began to build inside me as she walked away but I knew that if I were to live this life as it should be lived I could use her for another purpose in the after life when I would rule over her soul.
I walked to school with a look of demonic pleasure. This year was the beginning of my sophomore year and we were supposed to get a bunch of new kids. New kids that I could use in the near future. I could teach them the sinful ways and convince them that God was not who they thought he was.
I pushed open the double doors leading into Coleman High School trailed by my band members Myles Massacre (keyboard) Dillon Destruction (lead guitarist) Matt Rubano (bass) Davey Havoc (guitarist) Adam Lazzara (bass) Sonny Moore (backing vocals). The crowd parted as we walked by because everyone knew that I was the hottest, richest, most popular girl in school. Not only was I the hottest, richest, and most popular girl I was also the smartest, toughest, and most talented girl at that. Not too long from where I started I ran across about ten kids who didn't get out of my way. I figured they were the new students. We pushed past them and as soon as I was out of site people began to bustle about behind me. When I reached my locker, Kendra Germany was standing there with the organizer I gave her, flipping through the dates. She had ordered my lunch and had set my books in my hand before I could say anything.
" Here's your first hour book, I printed up your new class schedule and laminated it into your folder I also highlighted the classes that you've taken so you don't switch into any unneeded classes. I've also ordered for your lunch today a small plate of shrimp fettuccini from Johnny Carino's along with an Italian Soda and a small plate of fruit to finish it off for you." Kendra went on with today's schedule, hoping to please me when all she did was bore me to death. I noticed that she had left out the gig scheduled for tonight, maybe I hadn't told her , hmm well I'll make sure that it gets in my organizer.
" You know we have a gig next week at Blake Thomas's house right?" I asked.
Kendra began tapping letters making sure to get my plans into proportion. My life always ran on schedule there was hardly any me time and if there was any I was busy writing songs for my band Playing With Fire.
I went into Humanities with confidence not only was I into music but I had studied music in my past life I had played piano with Gershwin and painted pictures with Picasso. It seemed as if it were going to be a breeze and it was until Mrs. Tubbs handed out our homework assignment. See had assigned for us to write a piece of music that we would consider to be worthy of today's economy. Needless to say she thought my piece was rather interesting considering my band members had used the same piece also. It was the song that we had recorded and sent out to international recording labels. I left that class wondering why she had given me an F on it. It was so artistic, she's form this age she hadn't been there when Gershwin performed his famous pieces in front of millions himself, I had though. I cursed her and placed into damnation where when she died she would perish in hell. I walked back to my locker with a desolate look upon my face. Casie Dawn came running up from behind me. I supposed she was bringing news from Blake.
" Britney! Wait! Hold Up!" she ran up beside me panting like a dog.
" What happened with Blake?" I asked flipping my blonde hair back.
" Oh no it's not that Sonny's being smothered by his fans again and he wants your help," and with that she ran off to help Sonny.
The next day I was sitting in English II while Mrs. Hamilton was yapping on about yesterday's lesson, writing what seemed to be the beginning of a new song. The old bat then looked up and asked, " what is that you have there Britney?"
" Ummm... it's nothing Mrs. Hamilton," I replied holding my breath as she walked over to my desk.
She picked up my notebook and read aloud, " This wasn't for you. This wasn't for anyone. It's simply a remake of a classic. We held hands, we shared laughs, we shared beds. He told her that we were lovers. Were We? But this wasn't for you really, what's the cat to do when the mouse is begging?" " Well Britney I'm glad you have such poetic skills, but we won't be needing those until later in the year young lady that's fifteen minutes lunch detention." Her words swept across me like a warmth, my troublesome school year had just begun.
The next day I had come into Biology II with a bad attitude. I was sick and hadn't felt like messing around much. So Biology II went by like a breeze. It usually did because it was my strongest subject even though I hated it the most. At lunch I decided that I would corner some newbies and pressure them into turning against God.
" Are you in or are you out? You can't win either way," I said, " But the fall will be fantastic and what's left is nothing less than perfection."
" So is like the dark side a better side?" they asked in unison.
"Well things are always brighter on the dark side," I made my statement clear enough to them that they turned to the dark side without a fight.
After lunch our class took a trip to the Painted Desert. I got so hot I blacked out and all I remember is having a conversation with my conscious
" It's freezing."
" But it's the desert," it whispered back.
" What to do ?" I said.
"Maybe we'll see a body, or maybe we'll see a few." The words wrapped around my head as if it were telling me something.
" I shook did you," I said looking into Sonny's eyes. Then I began to gasp for air, I couldn't breathe, someone's hands were wrapped around my neck, choking me.
I woke up in the infirmary to the smell of antiseptic and Band-Aids.
" Britney Mr. Daniel would like to see you," she said walking me out and to the office.
"Please, sit down. May I offer you something? Anything you wish," Mr. Daniel was saying to my mother as I turned the knob of the giant mahogany door, and entered the room.
I went home with a mild concussion, apparently I had fallen and hit my head on a rock. The funny thing is the next day Sonny had brought me the rock as a souvenir from the desert. It had my blood on it which I guess made it more special.
Tomorrow night was the gig so we had to practice like crazy animals if we were going to nail our new song for the party. Blake's dad Nick Thomas was a world renowned producer/manager. He managed some of the world's biggest bands. We were lucky that Blake loved us enough to give us this chance to get big, instead of having someone like From First To Last or Underoath to play at his party. No he chose us. Was it because of me? Does Blake like me?

Sign up to rate and review this story