Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Dying in the Waltz

What You Mean to Me

by RebelRose 1 review

Paparazzi, band wives, hotel rooms. Oh my!

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2018-01-17 - 2757 words - Complete

1Moving
Author's note: Heya! Sorry it took me so long to update, my fiancé and I are in the process of adopting a puppy so I've been a little preoccupied! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 7: Beginning of a New Journey

The weeks leading up to the beginning of Guns N’ Roses first world tour with the original line up in decades was spent packing and going to meetings. While Axl seemed to be completely in his element with all the chaos surrounding them, Stella often found herself struggling to keep up with everything that needed to be done. Much to her relief though, the weeks passed quickly and soon the kick off gig of the tour was nearing.

The morning started out just as any other might. Stella was the first to wake and made breakfast for her boyfriend. Breakfast, as usual, was spent quietly as Axl was still groggy from sleep. Stella made sure to give him plenty of coffee and an extra serving of eggs as she did every day, happy to have fallen into a routine of sorts.
“Are you excited?” Stella was the one to break the silence as she sipped from her cup of tea and stared intently at the man across the table from her.

“I actually am.” Axl responded and set his mug of coffee down. “Thank you for breakfast.” He said as he stood to clear the table and pressed a gentle kiss to Stella’s head.

“You’re welcome. You go finish packing, I can handle the dishes.” Stella promised and took the plates from Axl.

As she did the dishes, Stella sighed softly as she thought of her family, wondering what they would say to her traveling the world alongside rock stars. Her brother would no doubt be excited, Camille would be turning her nose up in disgust, and her parents would more than likely be following her. She missed them, but she promised herself she would make the best of this tour and her year travelling the world with Axl. With the dishes done and all the luggage ready to go, Stella went upstairs in search of Axl. When she found him, he was sitting in the window, staring out at the view outside his window; he almost looked lost.

“I know that look…What’s wrong?” She questioned as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed his head.

“What if I’m not as good as I used to be? Do you think I’m too old to be running around stage?” He asked quietly, his arms wrapping around her waist.

“Not at all. I think your energy is so amazing, you’re captivating on stage.” She said as she ran a hand through his hair. “You have to believe in yourself.”

“I’ve got you a place in front of the barriers, right next to the stage.” Axl said as he moved from her to zip his suit case. “Are you ready to go?” He questioned.

“Absolutely.” She grinned excitedly as she grabbed her purse. “We have a flight to catch.”
“Yes, we do.” He smiled as he took her hand, the pair walking down the stairs.

After having the car loaded and the couple in the car, the driver headed for the airport and Axl made sure to warn her about the paparazzi and their ways, though Stella was without a doubt proficient in the ways of the press. When they arrived at the airport, Stella waited for the driver to open the door and Axl to help her out of the car before smiling at the paparazzi and giving a wave. Axl seemed slightly annoyed at all the attention until Stella laced their fingers and gave a gentle squeeze to his hand. The two weaved their way through the crowds, Stella putting on a happy face. Once they’d gotten to security and to the private lounge, Axl moved to the bar to grab a drink to ease his nerves.

“You’re shaking.” She pointed out, brows furrowing in concern.

“You spend so much time out of the spotlight that when you get pushed back into it, it’s a lot to take in.” He explained, taking a sip of his drink and shrugging. “I’ll be fine.” He promised softly, earning a nod from Stella.

“You’re going to do great tonight.” She promised and took the drink from him. “You don’t need alcohol for that sort of courage.”

It wasn’t long before Duff and Slash arrived, grinning widely as they approached the two.

“Are you guys as fucking excited as we are?” Slash asked as they took seats on each side of the couple.

“Depends…Do you think you can make it through a show without having a bottle of piss thrown at you?” Axl shot back, a small and mischievous grin forming on his features.

“Hey, you never know! Maybe he’s gotten better at dodging those bottles of piss.” Stella chirped in.

“Only problem is, the old man might not be able to move quick enough.” Slash laughed as he ordered a water.

“Assholes.” Duff rolled his eyes as he checked his phone, receiving a text from his wife.

The wait for the flight didn’t last long and soon the group was boarding for the flight to Missouri. Once settled on the airplane, Stella laid her head on Axl’s shoulder and sighed happily.

“I’m glad we’re doing this. It’ll be nice traveling together.” Stella said softly, smiling when he rested his hand on her thigh.

“I agree, maybe we can go sightseeing when we get to the more exciting places. I haven’t done that in a long time.” Axl responded as he looked down at her.

“Promise me something though?” Stella said as she sat up to look at him, their green eyes locking with one another’s.

“Anything.”

“You’ll have fun. Don’t make this all about work.” She stated, her hand reaching to cup his cheek. “I don’t want you to get stressed out.”

“I promise.” He leaned into the touch.

After a four-and-a-half-hour flight, it was to the hotel and then off to soundcheck. While Axl went to get ready for the soundcheck, Stella found herself running late after unpacking and soon found a seat with Duff’s wife, Susan, and Slash’s girlfriend, Meegan.

“So…How do you know Axl? Is he like an uncle…Or? ” Susan asked, shifting a bit in her seat, trying to break the awkward silence.

“He’s my boyfriend.” Stella responded, smiling a little shyly.

“Wait…How old are you?” Meegan leaned forward in her seat as her eyebrows rose.

“I’m eighteen.” This response earned a shocked gasp from both women.

“How long have you two been together?” Susan questioned, a bit concerned now.

“Since my eighteenth birthday…We were just friends up until that point.” Stella responded, a defensive feeling rising in her.

“How did you meet?” Meegan pipped up again.

“My family got into some trouble, Beta had worked for my family in the past…So I went to live with Axl when things got too unsafe for me at home. He took me in, gave me the space I needed to sort through things. Eventually feelings began to develop and here we are.” Stella motioned to the arena.

“If you need help...” Meegan was cut off by Stella.

“I don’t need help! He hasn’t groomed me if that’s what you’re thinking. He hasn’t taken advantage of me. Axl has been the most humble and caring host I’ve ever had. He’s a good person and we care for one another.” Stella said, appalled that someone would even have the idea that anything so dark had ever happened between she and Axl.

“I didn’t mean to say he was a bad person. I just wanted to be sure.” Meegan said as she smiled a little. “I’m Meegan, Slash's girlfriend. This is Susan, Duff's wife.”

“I’m Stella.” Stella managed a smile. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“After soundcheck, we’re all going to dinner…You and Axl should come.” Meegan suggested, earning a nod and a smile from Susan.

After soundcheck, the group of women walked down towards the stage to figure out dinner plans. Stella smiled as Axl climbed off the stage and pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek.

“We were invited to go to dinner. Do you want to go?” Stella questioned, ignoring the eyes of Meegan and Susan observing their interaction. Picking it apart no doubt.

“I would like that.” He nodded as she laced their fingers.

“What time should we meet in the lobby?” Stella questioned, turning to Susan for direction.

“How about midnight? That gives the boys time to shower after the concert.” Susan stated, earning a nod from everyone.

“Sounds good. For now, lets head back to our rooms and rest up.” Slash said, throwing his arm around Meegan’s shoulder.

The group made their way back to the SUVs waiting out back and headed back for the hotel. Once they’d made it past the people waiting for them in the lobby and entered the room, Axl collapsed on the bed and Stella soon followed. After a brief nap and some last-minute preparations at the arena, Stella stood backstage as she watched Axl getting his earpiece put in and the rest of the band messing with their instruments or outfits. It wasn’t until Axl spotted her looking at him that Stella even realized she’d been staring.
“You look stunning.” Axl smiled as he walked up to her, leaning down to kiss her as his arm went around her waist.

“As do you. You’re going to do so great out there.” Stella smiled as she broke the kiss at the sound of the preshow animation beginning.

“Thank you. I’ll see you after the show.” He grinned excitedly and pressed a kiss to her lips before hurrying for the stage.

“You two are cute together.” Susan commented as she walked up to a grinning Stella.

“Thank you. So, what do you do back here?” Stella asked as she watched Axl through a small crack in the curtains.

“Well, anything you want. If you want to go see the show, just show your badge to security and they will place you in front of the crowd barriers.” Susan said, sipping from her water bottle. “I normally go watch towards the middle when things settle down.”

“I think I’m going to go watch. I’ve never seen Axl on stage live before, only YouTube.” Stella said.

Once she’d settled in her spot, Stella looked up to watch Axl running from one end of the stage to the other with an energy she’d never seen from him before. As she watched, she noticed how happy and carefree he looked and that was nice. She had grown so accustomed to him looking stressed out in the last month or so that seeing him so carefree made her heart skip a beat. The rest of the concert went by smoothly, Axl looking directly at her as he sang the slower songs. After the concert was over, Stella waited eagerly backstage to see the red haired lead singer. She couldn’t wait to see him and tell him how wonderful he’d done and just be with him the rest of the night.

Axl ran off the stage and down the ramp towards Stella with a wide and proud grin on his face and as he approached her, he pulled her into a tight hug. Stella let out a soft laugh as Axl hugged her tightly, her own arms going around his waist as she breathed in the smell of sweat, leather, and cologne.

“You were phenomenal, Axl. Absolutely amazing.” Stella said as she looked up at him, moving some of his sweaty hair out of his face.

“I’m glad I lived up to your expectations.” Axl teased lightly before pressing his lips to hers, hands sliding to the small of her back as hers moved to drape across his shoulders. The kiss was full of adrenaline from Axl’s end which in turn made it all that more passionate and soon caused Stella to get lost in it. Once the kiss had grown rather heated, Axl broke it and smiled almost shyly.

“Let’s go get you a shower, stink ball.” She giggled and took his hand.

After they’d arrived at the hotel and entered their room, Stella found she couldn’t stop herself and pulled Axl in for another kiss. The kiss was just as passionate as it had been at the arena, her body pressed against his as she focused on nothing but him and the way his hands seemed to caress her body as though it were something fragile and sacred. That’s when Stella knew that the wait was over, she had to have Axl fully. She slipped his shirt off and backed him towards the bed.

Hours later, the pair lay in bed after a passionate night. Both were blissfully breathless, bodies pressed together under the sheets. Stella smiled softly as she closed her eyes and listened to the beat of his heart, finding the same soothing effect it had always had on her. The night had been perfect, exactly as Stella had hoped her first time would be, and now Stella belonged to Axl on a deeper sense, just as he belonged to her. They were intertwined; mind, body, and soul.

“I love you.” Were the first words out of Axl’s mouth once he’d found his voice and the courage to say such a powerful phrase. He spoke quietly and timidly as though he were afraid to say it any louder. Stella couldn’t blame him though, knowing every time he’d ever said that he’d ended up alone, but she wasn’t going anywhere.

“I love you too.” Stella looked up at him, her hand moving across his chest and tracing small circles. “You’re perfect.”

“No, I’m not.” He shook his head as his gaze remained on hers, his fingers running along her smooth cheek and down to her chin, so he could tilt her head up for another kiss.

“To me you are.”

“Well I guess that’s all that matters then.” Axl said as he ran his hand through her hair. “Can I ask what brought tonight on? What made you decide it was time?”

“I don’t know. Something just told me that I was ready to give myself to you. In the moment leading up to it, all I felt was love. I can’t explain it.” Stella laughed quietly. “What made you decide you love me?”

“I’ve loved you since the moment you waltzed into my life.” Axl said, causing Stella to laugh again. “I’m serious. I saw you and it was like nothing I’d ever felt before. You were different from the other women I’d met.”

Axl had never felt the feelings he did now before Stella came along. Most of his relationships had been either short lived or toxic. Life with Erin was horrible because of all the horrible issues he’d not worked through yet, the issues that had caused him to become violent towards her and Stephanie. He silently made a promise to himself that he would never lay a finger on Stella, he’d die before he did.

The next morning, Axl woke to the sound of singing coming from Stella as she took a shower. He couldn’t help but smile softly as he laid there for a few moments and listen to her singing a song he didn’t know the words to. Eventually he decided it was time to shower and found himself in the shower with Stella, though the task of showering was forgotten for a quick moment of passion. The two couldn’t get enough of one another. But once the moment had passed, Stella finished up and moved out of the shower so Axl could properly bathe.

Little did they know what would await them in the coming weeks when the tour took a brief curve up into Canada. Lives would change, hearts would break, and Axl and Stella’s world would be changed forever whether they wanted it to or not.
Sign up to rate and review this story