Categories > Original > Erotica

Alcohol Dependence Is A Terrible Disease

by FanningAarup2 0 reviews

I use this site for learning While alcohol dependence is a terri

Category: Erotica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2018-02-15 - 645 words

0Unrated
While alcohol dependence is a terrible condition that can ruin lives, some individuals who have a problem with it manage to hold down stressful careers and huge duties. Externally, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have everything together. They could drive great cars, reside in excellent neighborhoods, and have lots of disposable income.

Just because they're high-functioning does not imply that they're immune to the effects of alcohol. They're still in danger of injuring themselves and others near them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with tremulous hands, or a money-lender dealing with large amounts of funds are each at-risk of triggering horrible disasters if they stay on their unhealthy path.

Here are some indicators that can assist in recognizing these ticking time bombs:

1. They consume alcohol as an alternative to consuming food.

Alcoholics will routinely change dishes with a few alcoholic beverages, lose interest in meals altogether, or employ mealtime as a reason to start drinking alcohol.
2. They may wake up without a hangover, even after several cocktails.

Consuming alcohol consistently over a long period of time can trigger the human body to become reliant or dependent on alcohol. Typically high-functioning alcoholics are able to drink a lot without the brutal hangover that plagues the periodic drinker.

3. No alcohol makes them grouchy, anxious, or ill at ease.

If an alcoholic is forced to abstain from alcohol consumption, his or her body routinely responds negatively, as they are dependent on the sedative effects of alcohol. Suddenly stopping could trigger anxiety, nervousness, excessive sweating, an abnormally fast heart rate, as well as convulsions.

4. Their patterns of conduct change significantly while under the influence of booze.


Alcoholics might transform substantially when they drink. A generally mild-mannered individual may end up being aggressive, or make spontaneous choices.
5. They cannot have just 2 drinks.

An alcoholic has a difficult time stopping, and might even "polish off" others' alcoholic beverages. Liquor will never be left on the table, and there is always a pretext for "another round.".

6. Periods of memory loss or "blacking out" are commonplace
Many people dependent on alcohol will participate in activities that they have no recollection of the following day. They might not appear very intoxicated at the time, but they're not able to remember incidents that took place.

7. Attempts to discuss drinking conduct are received with and denial.

When faced with issues surrounding their alcohol intake, hard drinkers will generally regress to denial or aggression, making conversation difficult.

8. They always have a very good explanation for the reason they consume alcohol.

If flat denial or anger is not the preferred method of avoidance, many alcoholics will have a seemingly sensible reason for their behavior. Anxiety on the job, issues at home, or an abundance of social activities are prevalent reasons to explain their damaging behavior.

9. They hide their alcohol.

Many alcoholics will consume alcohol alone, or sneak drinks from a bottle in a desk or in their automobile. This type of covert alcohol consumption is a significant warning sign and there is no other explanation for this behavior besides alcoholism.

Let's keep our society productive, safe, and sober by by being observant for problematic behavior in an effort to get these troubled colleagues, family members, and friends the help they require.

While alcoholism is a destructive health problem that can and does ruin lives, some individuals who battle with it manage to hold down massive duties and demanding careers. From the outdoors, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They could drive nice vehicles, live in fantastic areas, and make a considerable income.

Simply since they're high-functioning doesn't indicate that they're immune to the consequences of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a doctor performing surgery with trembling hands, or a money-lender dealing with big sums of cash are each at-risk of triggering awful disasters if they remain on their unhealthy course.
Sign up to rate and review this story