Categories > Original > Drama

Alcoholism Is A Terrible Condition

by BarnesThomsen1 0 reviews

I use this website for understanding While alcoholism is a devastating h

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2018-02-17 - 640 words

0Unrated
While alcoholism is a devastating health problem that could ruin lives, certain people who have a problem with it manage to hold down demanding professional lives and massive responsibilities. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics appear to have it all together. They can drive nice vehicles, reside in terrific communities, and have lots of disposable income.

Just because they are high-functioning doesn't suggest that they're suffering from the consequences of alcohol. They are still in danger of hurting themselves and those near them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a a doctor operating on a patient with shaky hands, or a money-lender dealing with big sums of money are each at-risk of causing horrible disasters if they stay on their unhealthy course.

Here are some indications that can guide you in detecting these powder kegs:

1. They consume alcohol instead of eating.

Alcoholics will commonly change healthy meals with a few alcoholic beverages, lose interest in meals altogether, or employ mealtime as a disguise to begin drinking.
2. They may awake free from a hangover, even after a number of alcoholic beverages.

Consuming alcohol regularly over an extended period of time may trigger the body to become reliant or dependent on alcohol. Routinely high-functioning alcoholics can over-indulge without the same hangover that torments the periodic drinker.

3. Not drinking makes them irritable, nervous, or uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is compelled to avoid drinking, his/her body typically reacts negatively, as they depend on the sedative effects of alcohol. Abruptly stopping can cause stress and anxiety, nervousness, excessive sweating, a rapid heart rate, as well as seizures.

4. Their behavior patterns change considerably while intoxicated on booze.

When they drink, alcoholics may change considerably. An usually mild-mannered individual may end up being aggressive, or make impulsive decisions.
5. They cannot have just 2 alcoholic beverages.

An alcoholic has a difficult time stopping, and may even finish other people's' alcoholic beverages. Liquor will never be left on the table, and there is always an excuse for "another round.".

6. Periods of amnesia or "blacking out" are common
Many people dependent on alcohol will participate in activities that they cannot recall the following day. They might not appear very inebriated at the time, but they're unable to remember things that happened.

7. Efforts to talk about drinking actions are received with aggression and denial.

When challenged with issues involving their alcohol intake, problem drinkers will generally regress to denial or hostility, making conversation challenging.

8. They always have a good explanation for the reason they consume alcohol.

If flat denial or anger is not the preferred method of evasion, most alcoholics will have a seemingly reasonable explanation for their behavior. Tension on the job, problems at home, or an abundance of social obligations are prevalent reasons to explain their damaging behavior.

9. They conceal their alcohol.

Many alcoholics will drink alone, or slip drinks from a container in a desk or in their vehicle. This type of concealed alcohol consumption is an incredible warning sign and there is no other explanation for this conduct aside from alcohol addiction.

Let's keep our society productive, safe, and sober by by being observant for bothersome actions in order to get these distressed colleagues, family, and close friends the support they require.

While alcohol dependence is a terrible health problem that can ruin lives, some people who battle with it manage to hold down difficult jobs and huge responsibilities. From the outdoors, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive good automobiles, live in fantastic communities, and make a significant earnings.

Simply due to the fact that they're high-functioning doesn't indicate that they're immune to the consequences of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with tremulous hands, or a money-lender dealing with big amounts of funds are each at-risk of causing dreadful disasters if they stay on their dysfunctional path.
Sign up to rate and review this story