Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Soapy Water

Dreaming of Memories

by Lines 0 reviews

They had a past, a present and a future together, filled with smiles. [Yami Bakura x Yami Bakura]

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Yami Bakura, Yami Yugi - Published: 2006-09-17 - Updated: 2006-09-18 - 287 words

0Unrated
It pressed against the back of his eyes, making itself known even when he had his eyes open. But when he closed his eyes, he could see it-he wasn't quite sure what it was, actually, but it was there anyway. A vision of himself and someone else, someone with short white hair that sparkled in the sun and ruffled gently in the wind, standing back to back beside an oasis. It was completely impossible to make out any features of the other person thanks to the glare of the sun on the water. And it was driving him crazy.

It was like it was someone else's memory, something that shouldn't be there, but he was positive it was his. It was his memory, he was sure it was, except for the fact he couldn't remember it. Like a dream, it frayed at the edges when he tried to focus on the details. But it didn't stop him trying, because the expression on his face was just so... happy... He was smiling, a vague, lovesick smile, and if this person made him so happy, he wanted to know who he was, damnit! If this person could make him smile like that then he wanted to be able to relive the moments they must have shared, to view the heaven that he could feel he'd lived in. Sometimes he got the idea that if he were just to lick his lips he could taste that heaven. That it was still lingering on his lips.

But he couldn't.

So instead he dreams fitfully of something he knows he's had but doesn't remember the taste of and wakes up with thoughts of Yugi's British friend in his head and doesn't understand.
Sign up to rate and review this story