Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 39 Final Face Off

by Reign_Madden 4 reviews

Read Me Read me

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-18 - Updated: 2006-09-18 - 1446 words

0Unrated
'Why don't you sit down Zero?' Frankie says once everyone is squashed comfortably on the bus.
'No' you say shaking your head. Everyone was seated either on the couch or on the floor but you were standing by the bus door.
No one said anything, you all just sit there in silence waiting for someone to talk.
'I feel like I'm in group therapy' Gerard says out loud
'You look like you need therapy' Paul retorts
'Shut up porky' Mikey says
'You shut up four eyes' Lisa says to Mikey
'Everyone shut up okay' you say from your spot by the door.
'Why are you so close to the door Reign, you're not going to do a runner are you then again it wouldn't be the first time' Lisa spits at you
'Hey back off girly' Frankie says to Lisa 'It's these assholes that started this whole thing' he says looking at Benji.

Joel's p.o.v

'First of all I'm not an asshole and secondly Reign started this when she didn't come home' I shoot back.
'How could I come home? I had been in an accident plus you sold the fucking apartment' you say to him.
'That's a lie we sold the apartment in July, you left us in January'
'No Reign's right' Gerard interjects 'Coz I called you guys the day after the accident and some chic answered and said she lived there and you moved out.'
'That's bullshit man' Billy claims from the couch.
'No it's not, her name was Leanne Porter or Liza Potter or something' he says thinking about it.
This was so surreal here we all are cooped up on this tiny bus with Reign and My Chemical Romance I could feel the hatred in the air it was suffocating.
'Kara called all the hospitals in New Jersey herself you weren't registered in any of them' I say suddenly remembering. 'She's here you can ask her if you want.'
'Well she must have missed one' Frankie retorts
'You know that if we knew you were in hospital we would've dropped everything to come and get you.' Benji says from the couch.
'See that's what I thought but according to you I'm not worth the trouble and I'm only good for cooking, cleaning and fucking' Reign spits.

Benji's p.o.v

'What! When have I ever said that?' I question her. I can't believe she just came out with that.
'LISA PALMER' the pale dude screams 'Her name was Lisa Palmer'
'That's crazy' Billy replies 'her name is Lisa Palmer' he says pointing at Lisa
'Gerard are you sure?' Reign asks the pale guy
'Yes Doll Face I'm certain' he reassures her.
'I've never spoken to you in my life' Lisa says sitting up.
'Oh yeah then how do I know your last name?' Gerard asks
'I don't know' she answers gritting her teeth 'a lucky guess'
'No way, the only last name that springs to mind when I look at you is skank' Gerard says lighting a cigarette. Paul was up in a flash as was Gerard they both stood there squaring up to each other.
'Stop it' Reign cries getting between them. 'This is difficult enough without us getting in each others faces.'

Normal p.o.v

You sit Gerard down and fall onto his lap staring out at the group this was insane. You can't believe the lies that are spilling out of their mouths.
'Are you okay?' Gerard says quietly to you.
'Yeah I'm okay' you say squeezing his hand. You glance over at Benji and if looks could kill Gerard would be sprawled out on the floor.
'Ok I'm just going to say something real quick' Ray says 'now no one talk just hear me out. We think you guys ditched Reign and you think Reign ditched you. I know for a fact that Gerard called you to tell you about Reign's accident, you say you didn't get a call about the accident. We say that you sold your apartment in January and you say you sold in July. This whole thing is one big contradiction' He says looking around.
No one speaks for a while, everyone is lost in their own thoughts.
'We did sell in July it was a couple of weeks after we received your letter.' Joel says breaking the silence.
'What!' you exclaim 'What letter?'
'Don't even deny it you wrote two letters one addressed to Benji and one to me.' He says not looking at you.
'Oh you liar, you wrote me a letter, I received it the same day I left a message on your mothers answering machine telling you where I was' you say in frustration.
'Now that's the biggest lie ever' Benji says standing up 'I called mom three sometimes four times a day to see if she had heard anything from you, but she never did so don't stand there and tell me you called home coz you never did.' He states.
'You asshole I did call home, I called home so many times and all I got was a stupid automated message saying this number wasn't receiving incoming calls.' You shout.
'Reign what are you talking about? The phone's working fine. It's you that's broken' Benji claims sitting back down he looked like he was deflating.
'You know what I can't do this' you say walking to the bus door.
'Reign wait' Bob says catching your arm
'No I can't take all the lies, I need to get out of here' you say
'We're not lying Reign' Billy says 'We can prove it, Benji show her your letter'

Benji's p.o.v

I took my wallet out my back pocket and handed Reign the folded letter. This would settle everything.
I watched her open the letter and read it I watched the tears pour down her face wetting her hands.
'Here read this' Mikey says dropping a piece of paper on my lap. I open up the neatly folded letter and with Joel peering over my shoulder I read it.

Normal p.o.v

Each word of that letter was hurtful how can someone write so many painful things in one letter. You fold it up with shaky hands and wipe your eyes with the back of your sleeve.
'I never wrote that' you say handing the letter back to Benji
'And we never wrote this' He says holding up your letter.
'How could you think that was me? I'd never say those things to you ever' you say to Benji
'I know that now Reign' he replies standing up.
'You should've known from the beginning' you retort
'What did you want me to do drive to New Jersey and beg for you to come home with me after reading those words?'
'Yes Benji that's what I would've done'
'But you didn't, did you?' he says.
'I had been in an accident but at least I tried Benjamin. Do you know when I first got the letter I accused them of writing it. I told them that you loved me and would never hurt me that way. I tried to leave and go home so I could tell you how much I loved you and to tell you, you were making a mistake. But I'm glad I didn't bother because now I see how much I really meant to you.' You finish.

Benji's p.o.v

I didn't know what to say. She had been in an accident and after reading those words she was willing to drive home and tell me she loved me and that I was wrong. And I sat there and did nothing, I absorbed those words and accepted that she'd gone I didn't even try and fight for her.
'Reign I'm ...' I began
'Forget about it, it's over now' she says
If I thought I felt pain before I was wrong, hearing her say it was over was the most painful thing I ever felt.
'So what happens now?' Joel asks
'Well I guess we should try and work out who wrote the letters' Ray says
'Why?' Billy questions
'Maybe we can ask them why. This whole thing could be a joke gone wrong.' Ray replies.
'I doubt this was a joke this was a well thought out plan' Mikey says 'Look at the facts, this person covered their tracks very well.'
'Yeah but we don't know anyone who's wants to get rid of Reign' Lisa says
I looked over at Reign as she had just stood up like she suddenly remembered something.
'I know someone like that.' And with that she opened the door and ran off the bus.
Sign up to rate and review this story