Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > It Wasn't Even Raining

It Wasn't Even Raining

by Good_Question 0 reviews

t wasn't even raining. It didn't seem right that the world was ending and it wasn't even raining. Sasuke Itachi. SasuItachi. A good read!

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Itachi, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-18 - Updated: 2006-09-19 - 1278 words - Complete

-1Boring
Mistress Yami: Something I did over the summer. It's angsty I warn you.

It probably won't make you cry but I think it's a good read.

WARNING: This is BL and incest! If you have a problem with it don't bitch about it to me.

Sasuke Itachi everyone!

It Wasn't Even Raining

It wasn't even raining.

It didn't seem right that the world was ending and the weather was almost perfect.

Not a cloud in the sky.

The sun was shinning brightly and there was soft music on the wind that did occasionally pass by.

It wasn't fair.

The world was ending.

And no one cared to stop and mourn.

Two wings spread themselves out as a small bird jumped off of its perch. A fluttering sound was heard before it propelled itself up. Frozen eyes followed the bird and watched it disappear behind the hill. These dark eyes closed and the owner of them rolled over and rested his hands underneath his body. His muscles strained as he began to push himself up, first to his knees and then onto his feet.

The person to whom the body belonged began to move back towards the village from which he had come. Although he hadn't really left the village he was on the outskirts of it, just before the great walls that protected it. He didn't really know why he was there. If he wanted out he could've just climbed over that fragile wall and left. It wasn't as if he hadn't done it before.

But had he a reason to leave now? His reason for being, existing had been ripped from him.

It wasn't fair.

Then again when had anything ever been fair in his life? He should've become used to it by now. He should've become numb to it. After all, repetition makes one numb after a while. Such as a route to, for example, work. If repeated enough times the person doesn't even have to think about it and the body goes through the motions.

"Sasuke!"

The said person slowed his pace down until he came to a complete stand still. On a usual occasion his expression would be one of annoyance but today it was almost blank. Waiting for an emotion to be painted upon it. Even before the person who had called out his name and stopped behind him Sasuke could feel them.

"Is it true?"

There was hope in the voice. A hope that Sasuke found rather irritating. Why should anyone else hold hope when he had lost it all.

"Is it true?"

I don't want it to be.

Sasuke simply nodded his head. Not that it was in his nature to open his mouth and prattle on unnecessarily when a simple yes or no would've done it. Well, he hadn't always been such but memories make the man. A relived sigh was released from the person behind him.

This isn't a good thing...

"It's over."

It's over...

"Now you can stay!"

I don't want to...

"Isn't this great!"

It's not even raining...

Sasuke could tell the person behind him was wearing a painting of confusion as he began to walk away without having said a word. Maybe they had expected him to celebrate with them? As if there was anything to celebrate about the end of the world. Unless the person had suddenly become morbid. Even if the goal had been achieved, the goal that had caused so many sacrifices, it wasn't right. There were dreams that weren't meant to be accomplished... especially not this way. It was... not fair. He could feel that the person behind him was reaching out a hand, trying to touch his shoulder.

It's not even raining.

All tragedies had to be cliché. All drama's had to occur as their nature told them. There should be thunder, a storm, crying and screaming... Then again...maybe no one else saw it as a tragedy? But how could that be? The end of the world would seem to be something to cause at least a small rain drop. Sasuke continued to walk down the road, towards the small building that held containers.

Even before he entered the small path that led to it he could feel the icy cool air slip out from the confines of the walls and gently caress him. Death wasn't as harsh as people described it as. It was a cold... gentle phenomena. At least it seemed to be as the cold air pulled Sasuke along towards the entry to the building.

"Don't interfere!"

Sasuke touched the door to the facility and was almost shocked to find out how warm the handle was. He pushed the door open and stepped in, confused that the main entry way would feel so warm. Then again it had probably been done so for the poor dolls that worked in this place. The reception was empty and he took the liberty of opening the first door to the frozen chambers.

I have to...

Sasuke walked through the first room which was cooled down but still within living conditions. He approached the second door but paused before he could touch the handle.

I need to...

He turned around and walked over to one of the hangers on the wall and picked down a coat from it. The shirt he had on wouldn't be warm enough for where he was going.

I want to...

Sasuke opened the second door and tried not to take in too many deep breaths, afraid that if he inhaled death it would breed inside of him and eventually take hold of his body. The handle to the door slipped from his fingers as he moved forward the only sound being the slight crunching that he created by stepping on slightly frozen areas.

Although wanted shinobi were supposed to be annihilated upon death an exception had been made in his case due to certain specifics.

It had been his right...

Sasuke opened the last door and approached a bag which most definitely held a corpse in it. He pulled his hands out of his pockets and gently touched the zipper. Numbly, as if it was an every day chore, he pulled down the zipper, revealing a face that had, even in eternal sleep, a strange attractiveness to it. In the bag lay the only person who had ever captured Sasuke's attention fully, as well as his love.

Itachi...

Sasuke dropped his hands to his sides and stared down at the body. He didn't even feel like crying, not that it was in his nature to do so, but he couldn't help but feel like something had been ripped out of his chest and it was being pulled apart, cell by cell. Sasuke's head sank down and he brought his hands up around him to try and shelter him from the cold that was entering his soul.

It wasn't fair.

Sasuke leaned down and placed his warm lips to the frozen ones of the man below him. Somehow willing himself that if he stayed there long enough he could breathe life into the body. Sasuke turned around and left the room, not bothering to zip the bag back up.

Death had no shame.

He was met with no resistance as he left the facility. He stopped outside of it and turned his head towards the sky.

The world had ended. And it wasn't even raining.

Mistress Yami:

Leave a review for me for it is like chocolate to me when my inspiration breaks up with me.

Oh and yes this was my first Naruto, I have two others in the works. Sorry if there was any OOC.
Sign up to rate and review this story