Categories > Original > Fantasy > Crystal Memories

Crystal Memories

by Elekasnow 0 reviews

What really happens after death? Is what we've been told really the truth?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2019-02-17 - 515 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1
This Was My Life

Hi. My name is Lily Armester. I was a 16-year-old, going to Chalice High School in a large town known as Pipewood.
I had two best friends.
Tiffany and Jessica.
Tiffany was my very first friend at Chalice, ever since I had moved from England. We met in Year 7 on the very first day of school. Neither of us knew anyone there so Mr. Lockwood, our year adviser at the time, brought us together. We formed an instant connection, sharing our similar interests and hobbies. We have an unbreakable bond, no matter what happened. We were together until the end. I am still grateful to Mr. Lockwood, even now.
Then there was Jessica. We met in Year 8. She was a quiet and shy girl. J, as we called her, also came from overseas. Her parents had been traveling for years with their family, but they never stayed in one place for long. After years of traveling, her parents finally decided that it was time to settle down and buy a house, so that’s what they did, and it just happened to be in Pipewood.
Tiffany and Jessica were complete opposites. Tiff, her nickname, was quite an outgoing and energetic girl, whereas Jessica was very quiet and liked to keep to herself a lot. Tiff had beautiful straight, blonde hair that came down to the middle of her thighs. She still couldn’t decide whether she preferred it in or out. J, on the other hand, had hair the color of caramel, that curls itself into tight little ringlets. Recently, she had cut it into an undercut in an attempt to stand out a bit, but it had little to no effect. Tiffany had quite a golden skin tone from being outside all the time. Climbing trees, running around. You name it, she’s probably done it. J herself had skin with a sort of a beige undertone. She was always inside, keeping out of the sun as much as possible for fear of crisping her skin.
I think the saying “Opposites attract” is a bit of an understatement for these two
And then, there was me. Lily, the girl from the start. I’m the in between one in our friend group. The middle zone. I have natural red, shoulder length hair that waves like the sand dunes of the Sahara desert. My skin is a porcelain white that looks as if it is glowing in any light. I’m also a bit of an ambivert. I’m not an introvert. I’m not an extrovert. I am, yet again, in between.
The three of us all lived on the same street. Ogham Street. Numbers 6, 12 and 18. All walking distance from each other, which made meeting up on the weekend easy, but we would usually end up at J's place. She felt more comfortable in her own home, and her parents were very accommodating. in the nights, we would stay up late texting and laughing. We didn't need the world. We only needed each other.
That is until I died
Sign up to rate and review this story