Categories > Original > Fantasy > Crystal Memories

The Beginning Of The End

by Elekasnow 0 reviews

What really happens after death? Is what we've been told really the truth?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2019-02-17 - 386 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
The Beginning Of The End

The first time I ever looked into the crystal ball, I saw my friends. I saw Tiffany and Jessica. But, what were they doing? I squinted into the muddy crystal of the sphere in my hands, rubbing it with one hand, in an attempt to clean it.

Suddenly, a light seemed to appear out of nowhere, blinding me. I dropped the ball and use both of my hands to shield my eyes. When the light finally dimmed enough that I could look, everything had disappeared. I was in some pure white universe that seemed to stretch on forever.

As my senses return to me, I remember the sphere, and I frantically turn to the ground to find it. Or, what I thought was the ground. As my eyes look down towards my feet, I finally realize that I'm not even standing on the ground. I am hovering in mid-air, and I still can't find the ball.

What is even worse than that is that there is something coming towards me. It's approaching from all angles. It looks like...a line...of color. Buildings. Tree. People. This scene is coming straight towards me.

A curl my knees up to my chest and hug them, burying my head in between them. A stay like this for what feels like an eternity, until the sounds of sobbing finally reach my ears. I ever so slowly lift my head. Color surrounds me now, yet I am still floating.

I look down, and for the first time in a long time, I take notice of what I'm wearing. I am no longer wearing my normal blue jeans and grey hoodie, no. I am in a beautiful, pure white, silk dress. The fabric curls around me and settles on my body beautifully, emphasizing all of my beautiful curves. It's like it was made especially for me.

I shake my head a little, turning my attention back to the sounds around me. Again, the sound of sobbing reaches my ears. I turn, gasping a the sight before me. It's my mum and dad. Jet and Azure are there too. My whole family is there. And...Tiffany and Jessica are there. Everyone is crying. The realization hits me like a train.

They’re at a funeral.

My funeral.
Sign up to rate and review this story