Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 40 Goodnight and Goodbye

by Reign_Madden 1 review

Please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-21 - Updated: 2006-09-21 - 1326 words

0Unrated
Benji's p.o.v

I knew exactly who Reign was thinking of, she was going to speak to Kara. I didn't bother getting up when she got off the bus, firstly because Joel or Gerard would chase after her and secondly I think Kara has something to do with it too.
'Where's Doll Face going?' Gerard asks when Joel rushes after her
'She going after Kara' I answer 'She's Joel's girlfriend'
'Ohh Reign mentioned her a couple of times' he replies.
Silence fell over the room no one knew what to say, after all we were perfect strangers the only thing we had in common other then music was Reign.

Joel's p.o.v

'Reign where are you going?' I ask grabbing her arm
'To speak to Kara'
'Why?' I question
'Because she did this' she answers lurching her arm out of my grip.
'What are you talking about?' I say
'The letters, the phone call it's all her.' She replies confidently
'That's crazy'
'It's not, who else would have done this?' she asks
'I don't know Reign but it wasn't Kara, she's been nothing but supportive during this whole thing' I say defensively
'Oh please she's poison she always have been' Reign states
'That's' enough, I know your upset but you can't blame Kara, she has nothing to do with this.' I argue
'She did this I know it, I can feel it' she says walking towards our bus.
'Reign stop' I say running in front of her.
'Joel please move' she says exasperated
'No, you don't know Kara anymore she's changed' I respond.
'Bullshit. She's exactly the same, who else could have done this?'
'I already told you I don't know' I say getting frustrated.
'Maybe it was Benji or Billy or how about your mother or maybe it was the Record Company' she says sarcastically
'Stop it Reign' I said getting angry.
'No you stop, stop acting like you don't know the truth. How can you be so blinded by her?'
'I'm not blinded by her. How do I know that this whole thing isn't down to you?' I say angrily.

Kara p.o.v

Oh holy crap! Reign's trying to get over here she knows it's me. I mean who else would she accuse I'm the prime suspect in her eyes always, but she's not wrong.
Thank God Joel's stopping her. This entire "I'm really a nice girl" act is actually paying off because he's defending me. Maybe things will work out in the end.

Gerard's p.o.v

'So how did you guys meet Reign' Lisa asks.
'Err she saved my life' I answer fiddling with my cigarette box
'How?' Paul and Billy ask in unison.
'I was about to get run over and she pushed me out of the way.' I say quickly.
'No way' Billy exclaims 'so that was how she had her accident.'
'What happened to her?' Benji enquires 'what were her injuries?'
'She had a fractured wrist, a broken ankle, a couple of bruised ribs and she had her spleen removed' I reply avoiding eye contact with everyone.
'Our Zero went through a lot' Frankie sighs
'Why do you call her Zero?' Paul questions
'Because when she cries her nose goes red like Jack's dog from A Nightmare Before Christmas' Frankie replies.
'That's my favourite movie' Billy chimes in.
'It's mine too' Frankie says
'So which one of you is dating her?' Lisa asks out of the blue
'None of us are why would you ask that?' Ray says curiously
'It's just that you guys care for her so much I just assumed that she was with one of you.' She replies shrugging her shoulders
'Reign and I are married.' Mikey says holding up his left hand and showing everyone a silver band on his index finger.
I look over at Reign's former boyfriend and he looked like he died inside when Mikey said that.
'You wish' Bob laughs
'Just kidding we're not married' Mikey says 'we love Reign she's real good to us you know, I can't imagine not knowing her'.

Normal p.o.v

Your stunned, you can't believe that he'd ever accuse you of instigating this situation. What hurts the most is that he siding with Kara over you, but then again you're not his best friend anymore.

'You know what your right. It is down to me I thought it would be amusing to wound all the people I love. I also thought it would be a really smart move on my behalf to send letters and end the two relationships that meant everything to me.' You say heatedly.
'Look I didn't mean...' he begins
'Yeah you did, I'm so stupid here I am trying to get to the bottom of this mess and the whole time you think it's me who caused it.' you scream
'Reign I...'
'Don't bother let's just forget about this let's pretend as if today never happened. After this tour I'm going back to Jersey, your going back to wherever you live and that's all there is to it.' You say walking away.
'Oh c'mon you can't mean that' Joel calls after you.
'It's was nice to see you Joel' you say over your shoulder.

Kara's p.o.v

I watch through the bus window as Reign walks away. I quickly straighten my clothes and open the bus door just as Joel reaches the steps.
'What happened baby?' I ask feigning concern
'Reign's back as you probably saw, it turns out she didn't leave us at all.' He explains coming in and taking his jacket off.
'What! Then what happened to her?' I gasp
'She had an accident and someone sent her a letter saying that we didn't want her and we got letters from her saying she left.' He recaps.
'So what it was all a joke' I ask
'Maybe I don't know' he says unsurely.
'What were you talking about with her outside?' I question
'Oh nothing important' he says wrapping his arms around me and burying his face in my neck.
'I love you' I say trying to sound convincing
'I love you too baby' he replies kissing me.

Normal p.o.v

You head back onto the bus with a heavy heart, you basically just told Joel that you don't want to see him anymore. You climb the steps and walk into the living area of the bus. They were all sitting around talking and they looked like they were enjoying each other's company.
'Does anyone on this bus think that it's Kara who did this?' you ask closing the door behind you.
'I do' Frankie says 'I don't like her'
'You've never met her' Ray points out
'Shhh I'm supporting Reign' Frankie whispers back.
'I do' Billy, Paul and Lisa say in unison.
'See so how comes he can't see that' you say feeling frustrated.
'Because he loves her, if someone said that about you I wouldn't believe them either' Benji says looking at you, you catch his eye and you can't look away. It's unbelievable how he can still make your knees weak.
'We should go you guys' Lisa says breaking the spell.
'Yeah your right' Benji agrees 'so Reign is it goodnight or goodbye' he asks from the doorway. You look at Billy, Lisa and Paul they look sad but hopeful.
'Goodnight you guys' you say with a small smile.
'So' Gerard says 'How did you really leave things?' he asks when they finally leave.
'I decided that it'd be better if we pretend that today didn't happen, as far as I'm concerned we're not friends anymore.'
'Reign that's a big decision to make, are you sure this is how you want to end this' Ray asked.
'Yes I'm sure I mean we've been without each other for three years, we might as well finish the tour and go our separate ways. My home is with you guys in New Jersey.'
Sign up to rate and review this story