Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

9

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-08-07 - 4480 words

0Unrated
After their show it was early afternoon and they was free for the rest of the day. Benji had got a notification that an old local band that himself and Jenna liked when they where younger where playing a special reunion show that night he instantly thought of telling Jenna so they could go together he knew she would want to go. Then he had second thoughts she probably wouldn’t want to go with him, not yet he still had a lot of bridges to build with her first. Then he thought she really would love to go if she knew they where playing. so he’d tell her anyway and if she chose to go with someone else he’d respect that. He walked over to the circus. They was just starting the second show he couldn’t see her around by the stables so he went and sat in the crowd to watch the show and catch her when she was done.
He loved watching her preform such beauty, elegance and harmony with the horses. He was a little surprised to see her doing the trapeze act too but impressed. After the show he stayed seated waiting for all the crowds to exit. He loved how Jenna was with all the people especially the kids she always took the time to say hi to everyone, answer any of thier questions and let them meet her horses. She was perfect beautiful caring talented humble and once you got to know her such a good laugh her humour was unbeatable. As the last few people left he went over to her.
“hey.” He said unable to control the smile on his face.
“hey what you doing here?” she smiled.
“We played our set early we have the rest of the day off and I got a notification earlier that hello peril are playing a reunion show tonight at a club round the corner from here.” He said unsure how to phrase it as he really wanted to go with her like old times but didn't want to be too direct.
“oh my god no way I used to love that band.. still do. I can’t believe their here tonight.” Jenna laughed. As he walked with her back over to the stables with sully.
“yeh well I just wanted to let you know as I thought you’d love to go.” Benji smiled.
“too right I would. Are you going?” she asked. “We should go together.” She said before she gave him chance to answer her first question. His heart skipped a beat.
“well er yes I hoped you’d want to go and.. with me.” He smiled. “are you sure you wouldn’t rather go with anyone else though? You know like max or...” Benji stuttered.
“max?! It’s be his idea of hell.” She laughed. “anyway wouldn’t feel right going with anyone but you.” She smiled catching his eye for a minute then continuing untacking sully.
“ok so should I come for you later about 6.00?” Benji asked.
“well you guys are closer to the gate so how about once I'm easy ill head over to you and we can go straight out?” she suggested.
“ok yeh sure, I’ll let you get on here and see you later.” He smiled.
“see ya later.” She said.
“what’s all that about?” max smiled walking over as he seen Benji leaving.
“oh there’s a band we used to like playing a reunion big tonight I said I’d go with him.” Jenna said as if it was no big deal.
“your going on a date with Benji?!” max said excitedly.
“no not a date we’re going to see a band play.” She sis plainly.
“together.” Max grinned.
“yes together but not like your making out.” Jenna said laughing at his over reaction.
“your so going on a date.” He laughed carrying on with stable jobs.
“It’s not a date.” She insisted. “I’m going with Benji as I know there’s no chance you would go see a metal band.”
“well no definatly not but don't use me as an excuse for the fact your going on a date with Benji.” Max grinned.
“it’s not a date.” She laughed as his persistence.
“but you want it to be.” He said in a known it all way.
“no.” Jenna laughed he raised his eyebrows at her and she just looked at him.
“well I'm sure he’d like it to be a date.” Max said in a win fashion.
“you’d have to take that up with him wouldn’t you.” She said in a smart ass way.
“oh I will.” He grinned mischievously.
“you will do no such thing.” She looked at him horrified and then they ended up laughing it off.

Later that night Benji was waiting for Jenna to call for him.
“where is it you said you was going Benj.” Billy asked walking through flicking through a magazine.
“hello peril are playing a reunion gig down the road I’m going with Jenna.” He couldn’t help smiling as he said it. When he said Jenna Billy nearly dropped his magazine.
“are you serious, with Jenna?” Billy smiled at him.
“yeh.” Benji beamed.
“well that seems positive.” Billy grinned at him
“yeh I knew she’d want to see them she used to love them and I was just hoping she'd want to go together like we used to and she did.” He smiled.
“that’s great Benj, pleased for you.” Billy smiled and there was a knock at the door. Benji opened it and let Jenna in.
“hey guys.” Jenna smiled.
“hey.” Billy smiled giving her a hug as he was still stood there with Benji.
“Jenna good to see you.” Dean waved looking up from the tv where he was with Paul.
“Jenna what are you doing here?” Paul asked.
“we’re going to see hello peril.” She smiled.
“w-what you two together?” Paul asked slowly a smile growing on his face.
“well yeah that’s why I’m here.” Jenna laughed.
“right let’s go.” Benji said quickly to cut off any more awkward ‘Benji and Jenna innuendos’. As they where walking out together Joel and Rachel came walking in.
“hey Joel.” Jenna smiled instinctively when she seen him but did all she could just to blank Rachel.
“oh erm hi.” Joel said stand offishly. Rachel just glared between them.
“see you later bro.” Benji said to Joel as he moved Jenna along so they was walking again.
“I don’t think Joel likes me so much at the moment.” Jenna thought out loud not really meaning to actually voice it.
“why would you say that?” Benji tried to act dumb to it but he'd noticed too that he had been cold to her clearly taking sort of Rachel and Mia’s side in this war they seem to be creating.
“I dunno he’s just been quite off with me lately. Maybe he share’s the same views as Rachel.” She said.
“ignore Joel he’s probably feeling a bit in the middle of it and trying to stay out of it as best he can.” Benji said both really not wanting to get into all this shit that was going on he just wanted to enjoy the night together like old times. Luckily Jenna left the convesation there she also probably didn't want to get into it.
They got to the club it was pretty full they made their way through the crowd to the bar.
“what do you want to drink?” he asked.
“anything.” She said she never was that bothered what she drank she liked most things. “... not tequila!” she exclaimed. He laughed at her dramatic reaction.
“why not tequila?” he asked amused she thought back to the night with max and how they'd drank way way way too much tequila and also the thought of the taste of tequila after drinking so much of it the other night made her feel sick.
“just no. It makes you make bad choices.” She laughed.
“ok.” Benji laughed not understanding fully the inside joke but amused at her reaction anyway.
Once they had their drinks they found a good spot near the front that wasn’t too squashed. They chatted and reminisced of old times when they used to come see this band together having a good laugh together just like old times. They was both so lost in the moment in this bubble of their happier times in the past it made them forget all the shit that was going on in reality and remember how much they just clicked and really loved being around each other. Once the band came on they mostly watched them chatting a little in between. Benji found himself starting to lay more attention to watching Jenna how beautiful she was and how much he loved her and just wanted the best for her which he could only hope would be eventually with him and they could be like this forever.
“oh my god they was awesome I can’t believe they ever split up in the first place. I'm so glad their back together.” Jenna said happily when they'd finished playing.
“well I guess when things are so good together they’ll always end up back together.” Benji smiled not just meaning the band but also thinking of himself and Jenna. They had a moment again caught in each other’s eyes pushed fairly close together from the people all squished in starting to make a move to leave.
“maybe.” She said quietly as was lost in their gaze. Then got given a bit of a shove by security to make a move to leave. They headed out amongst the crowd of people Jenna was always good at navigating through crowded areas unlike Benji. Instinctively she took his hand to lead him through the crowd to where they needed to go like old times. Benji felt electricity through his body at her holding his hand. Jenna felt happy and comfortable holding his hand it was that nice ‘like coming home’ feeling.
“I'd have thought by now you’d have been better at dodging people.” She laughed as they got into the clearing and the path on the way back to the festival ground.
“yeh still no better at It." He laughed realising they was actually still holding hands. “lucky for me you're here.” He smiled. She blinked her big eyelashes and smiled. They walked the rest of the way still hand in hand Benji had noticed but didn’t want to let go and Jenna seemed happy so he left it. They chatted mostly again about the band and old times on their way back. As they got to the festival ground they was near the good Charlotte bus.
“I’ll walk you back.” He said to her as it was late and dark.
“ever the gentleman.” She laughed.
“what can I say.” He shrugged and grinned. As they walked past the bus Rachel seen them outside the window looking so cosy hand in hand laughing together which infuriated her she knew exactly what to do next.
“I would say do you want to come in for a bru but max'll probably just interrogate you and it’s pretty squished in there and your probably be lucky if he even has his boxers on being in there alone." She said pulling a face humorously.
“yeh I think I’ll pass.” Benji laughed.
“but I had a really great night, thank you for taking me.” She smiled as they held eye contact.
“It was my pleasure, any time.” He smiled back they each had the same thought to kiss the other on the cheek good night but as they did at the same time ended up getting each others lips. They held it for a minute emotionally neither wanting to really break the kiss in fact both wanting more but reluctantly they pulled a part. Then both stuttered to find the words to leave.
“right well er I best be leaving.” Benji said.
“good night Benji.” Jenna smiled.


The next day Jenna was up early for her morning run much to max's disapproval. He'd made a conscious effort to get up early to make a start on the horses to try to prevent Jenna doing too much. He was out doing the stables when she got back. She went in to get changed then joined him. They was chatting away in general and max was fishing for information of what went on between Jenna and Benji last night. Part way through Jenna's sentence he noticed her stop for a second wobble slightly and hold onto the door frame for a minute
“Jenna? What is It? What’s wrong?” max eyed her coming out of the stable he was in to go to her.
“nothing I just went a little light headed. I probably just need to eat." Jenna brushed off.
“are you sure?” he said not at all convinced.
“yeh I'll just go grab a banana or something and be back out.” She said starting to head towards the box.
“go have something proper to eat and have a sit down before the show I'll the horses out.” Max said.
“it’s ok I’ll be fine I'll be back in a min.” She insisted.
“Jenna seriously you need to give yourself a break your doing too much go have a rest.” Max said a little frustrated.
“max I’m fine!” Jenna insisted equally as frustrated at him keep nagging at her.

MEANWHILE
“where’s Rachel this morning?” Billy asked Joel as they made their way over to sound check.
“oh she’s having brunch with Mia.” Joel said.
“Mia’s still here is have thought she’d have left by now after... you know.” Paul said.
“no she’s still here.” Joel said simply.
They left it there and went for sound check. After sound check as they came off stage Rachel was waiting for them.
“I want a word with you.” She said as they walked towards them. They thought she meant Joel and he went towards her. “no I mean you.” She said to Benji.
“me?” Benji said looking surprised.
“yeh well you see it seems to be your lucky day, for some reason Mia has said she is willing to give you two another go. She wants to speak to you later.” Rachel grinned.
“oh right well er...” Benji said not knowing what to say really he was caught off guard.
“No need to thank me. I know you’ve not got long before your show. Mia said she’ll be waiting for you after the show.” Rachel smiled cheesily then left. The guys made their way in a weird silence to the dressing room. Joel sat with Benji whilst Paul and Dean went for food and Billy had a phone call to his girlfriend.
“so erm that’s good news about Mia isn’t it?” Joel said breaking the silence.
“do you think?” Benji frowned at him.
“well yeh I think it’s a good idea to hear her out and if she’s willing to give things another go then why not. When are you going to stop chasing Jenna around clearly she’s just messing you around. Just like old times you know nothing ever came of it then, you don’t actually believe nows any different do you?” Joel said to Benji's shock and surprise.
“I didn’t know that was what you actually thought Joel. You know back then was totally different than now and I do believe that me and Jenna do have a chance. You know I don’t feel the same way about Mia, I broke up with her and I've not changed my mind about that.” Benji said a bit hurt that Joel didn’t seem to understand.
“ok well just make sure you have a good think about it first.” Joel said before getting up and leaving. As Joel left Paul and Dean came in.
“what’s up?” Dean said clearly noticing that there was an atmosphere between Joel and Benji but Joel didn’t wait around to reply so Dean and Paul turned their attention to Benji.
“Joel thinks I should consider what Mia has to say and get back with her. He said he thinks Jenna's just messing me around and it never happened before so it’ll never happen now.” Benji said a little in disbelief.
“n-no don't listen to him what’s he thinking, clearly Rachel has twisted things to him. I just don’t trust Mia and Rachel Benj. Obviously I can’t tell you what to do or feel it’s totally up to you what you do but I dunno there's something I just don’t trust with them at the minute.”
“I have to say I see what Paul means. I mean like think about it if your girlfriend just said to you they'd cheated on you and they realised your not right together you would really be saying you wanna talk and hopefully get back together just a day later.” Dean said
“and what’s Joel going on about Jenna messing you around you and I and everyone else around here know that’s not the case at all. For one no one can deny the connect between the two of you and I know from speaking to each of you and people close to both of you that there are strong feelings on both parts. You’ve just not had your time yet and it will come it has too.” Paul said Billy walked in as Paul was talking.
“what’s up guys?” he asked and they filled him in.
“Benj you’ve just got to follow your heart. Do what you feels right not what anyone’s telling you or what you think you have to do.” Billy said and Paul and Dean nodded in agreement. Not long after they got called on stage.
After the show Rachel was waiting at the side of the stage alone Benji breathed a slight sigh of relief hoping that Mia had changed her mind and not shown up better yet gone home. Not so lucky. Rachel greeted Joel with a kiss then turned to Benji.
“Mia's waiting for you over by the picnic tables.” She said to Benji with smile then walked off with Joel.
“sort things with her once and for all.” Paul said as he walked past Benji. Dean gave him a sympathetic look and Billy gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
The guys and Rachel made their way over to the bus and Benji went over to the picnic tables that where at the back of the main stage area to the left was the bus’ and to the right was the circus area.
“oh erm I forgot I just have an errand to run.” Rachel said suspiciously before they reached the bus and left.

As Benji to the picnic area he sat down opposite Mia who was on her phone and didn’t look up.
“hey.” Benji said clearing his throat. She finally looked up then looked straight back down at her phone. If Benji wasn’t sure before this just confirmed it.
“so erm I’m not sure how to say this so I’m just going to say it. I haven't changed the way I feel from yesterday morning. I don’t want to get back together I just don’t feel like we are right for each other and it’d be unfair on both of us to try to make things work when I don’t feel it’s meant to be.” Benji said in as nice a way as possible.
“ok." Mia said simply.
“are you sure your ok?” Benji asked finding her reaction odd considering Rachel had told him Mia wanted to get back with him.
“yeh I totally agree. Now is there anything else you wanted I’ve got a flight to catch.” Mia said slowly the penny started to drop to Benji judging by Mia's reaction Rachel’s version of events that she had told him wasn’t exactly true.
“wait a minute so you don’t want to get back together?” Benji asked.
“no I told Rachel this but she was adamant that you wanted to see me.” Mia said looking at him weirdly.
“Rachel told me you wanted to speak to me because you wanted to get back together.” Benji said.
“nope. You’ve got that wrong. Anyway I’ve got a plane to catch all the best for the future Benji.” Mia stood up in her usual couldn’t care less breeze through life way. Benji stood with her to say good bye. They did a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek and Mia left. Benji’s mind was racing with what the hell Rachel’s game was. He started to walk over to the circus knowing Jenna would almost be done he hoped they could hang out or something now he finally had closure on Mia.

MEANWHILE
The second circus show of the day had finished and Jenna was heading back to the stables with puzzle, max was already there sorting the stables.
“hey Jenna.” Jenna looked up to find the voice came from Rachel.
“can I help you?” Jenna sighed unimpressed with her presence.
“well erm no you see I just as red to bring youths good news.” Rachel grinned.
“and what would that be?” Jenna humour her sarcastically.
“Benji and Mia getting back together of course isn’t it lovely they've decided to give things another go. See..” Rachel said smugly and looked across over to where you could see Benji and Mia sat at a picnic table. Jenna followed her eye line just in time to Rachel’s delight that Benji and Mia hugged and kissed little did they know it was just saying good bye probably never to see each other again. Jenna’s expression just went bank emotionless.
“that’s nice.” Jenna said and walked away to puzzles stable max had over heard the conversation and was making his way over. He seen what was going on and Jenna’s reaction he’d seen that look on her face before after all the shit with her ex the blank closed off to the world in her own guarded shell.
“I think your done here.” Max said to Rachel giving her the hint to leave which she did smugly.
“Jenna...” Max turned to Jenna.
“leave it max just leave it please.” She said he could hear the pain in her voice.
“you go in I'll finished up here.” Max said.
“no it's fine.” She said taking a deep breath in a pulling herself together way. They went back to doing the jobs minus the usual laughing and joking around.
As Jenna came out of a stable with a hay net Benji had just got there. She looked up at him and looked away about to just carry on with her jobs.
“Hey.” Benji said looking at her confused at her reaction.
“fuck off Benji.” She said.
“what's wrong?” Benji asked concerned.
“you know what Benji just fuck off back to your girlfriend and leave me out of all of what ever this is!” she shouted angry and frustrated.
“she’s not my girlfriend I told you I broke up with her I want to be with you.” Benji said honestly.
“No. no, no, no, no, no if you want to spilt up with your girlfriend Benji you spilt up with her but DO NOT USE ME AS A CATALYST TO END YOUR RELATIONSHIP!” Jenna shouted clearly angry. This had also got the attention of every one around the circus area including Paul who was on his way to see Seraya.
“look mate I’m not being funny but you didn't look so split up with Mia like not even ten minutes ago. I think you should just leave and tell that Rachel not to come over here again too.” Max said trying to defuse the situation that had gathered quite an audience.
“what Rachel was here? What did she say?” Benji said slowly everything was starting to make sense to him. All this was a set up by Rachel.
“yes she was gloating at how you and Mia was giving it another go. So congratulations now piss off.” Max said bitterly.
“No Jenna let me explain.” Benji pleaded.
“I cant Benji, I just can’t do this anymore.” Jenna said quickly leaving to go in the bus to avoid breaking down in front of every one
“Benj mate come on.” Paul said going over to Benji to guide him away giving a quick apology to Seraya then taking Benji back to the bus.
When Paul and Benji got back to the bus Rachel had conveniently gone out. Paul and Benji explained everything that had just happened and what Benji has worked out to Billy Dean and Joel.
“I cant believe she'd do that.” Dean said.
“she wouldn’t clearly you’ve all just got your wires crossed. Rachel wouldn’t purposefully set out to cause trouble its all probably just one big misunderstanding.” Joel said and walked off.
“misunderstanding on his part he see’s no wrong in Rachel.” Paul said as Joel left.
“to be fair I'd never really have expected this from Rachel before you know we’ve all never had any issues with either of them this whole time I guess it’s just her bad reaction and way of sticking up for her friend.” Billy reasoned.
Benji sat looking completely defeated.
“you ok Benji?” Billy asked looking him over.
“not really no. I don’t think there's any way back from this for me and Jenna now.” Benji sighed.
“don’t think like that once you've explained everything to her she’ll understand.” Dean said.
“I don’t think it’ll be that easy, you seen her reaction.” Benji said to Paul who nodded sadly. There was a knock at the door Dean went and got it and Seraya followed him in still limping a little but she was getting better.
“how's things?” Seraya smiled awkwardly.
“how’s Jenna?” Benji asked her. She gave a look of it was bad news and she really didn’t want to say.
“not so great I'd guess, she was still in the horse box when I left.” Seraya said. “so what’s actually going on?” Seraya asked. They explained everything to her, she was hope for Benji she could talk to Jenna to explain what really happened and how he feels for Jenna.
Sign up to rate and review this story