Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hylian Bloodline

Chapter 3

by USA_Tiger 1 review

n/a

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Characters: Harry,Luna - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2019-10-19 - 5138 words

2Ambiance
Hylian Bloodline

Author: USA Tiger

Disclaimer: Harry Potter is the property of J. K. Rowling. Legend of Zelda is the property of Nintendo.

Author Note: stares at last date story was updated…. Okay, I have no excuse. I didn’t even realize it’s been 4 years, I thought it had updated something a lot sooner than that. Sorry guys, I’ll try to do better, life was getting be down and my old job was killing my creativity for writing. But I recently moved to a different state and been working on my fics. I’m doing shorter chapters now so the fic be a bit longer now. Also since the last update, I got a twitter account for my fics where I post updates and stuff. So you can follow me @usa_tiger1983 if you like.

This chapter is currently un-betaed.

Chapter 3

After the final battle of the war, life moved on. Harry hadn’t know what to expect in the days to come, to be honest he hadn’t thought he would survive not until he met Dumbledore and the Goddesses in the realm between life and the afterlife.

He helped with cleaning up Hogwarts until told to leave so contractors could repair the castle and ward casters hired from Gringotts could restore broken wards and strengthen weakened ones.

Speaking of the Goblins, Harry had been afraid things would be strained between himself and the Goblin nation. He had fully expected to be arrested or at least attacked when he went into the Goblin ran bank to clear up things after what had happened in the vaults and with the dragon because let’s face it there was no way he was going to be able to avoid having anything to do with Gringotts seeing as how all his money and other things he inherited was in the bank.

As soon as he had entered the bank, two Goblin guards approached him.

“The Head Goblin wants to see you,” one of the Goblins said. “We’re to escort you to his office.”

“Alright, I’ll go peacefully,” Harry promised. The Goblins just grunted and lead him to an office in the back. The other Goblin said something in Gobbledegook to the Goblin on the other side and received an answer back in the same language.

“Enter Mr. Potter,” one of the Goblins said as both stood to either side of the door. Harry entered the office that wasn’t decorated much more than with a few file cabinets, an office desk and chairs and a couple of portraits on the wall.

“Sit down Mr. Potter,” the Goblin sitting at the desk said, his hand clasped in front of him on the desk and a blank look on his face, giving nothing of what he was thinking away. Harry thought he vaguely recognized the Goblin but was honestly wasn’t sure. “I am Kragluff, the Head Goblin and Branch Manager of the Diagon Alley branch of Gringotts.”

Harry walked over to the desk, wondering what was the proper way to greet the high ranking Goblin. Kragluff didn’t offer his hand to shake so Harry didn’t offer his. Instead he slowly sat down in one of the human-sized chairs across from the Goblin.

“I guess this is about what happen here in the bank,” Harry ventured.

“You and your friends caused quite a bit of trouble,” Kragluff agreed gruffly. “You snuck into the bank under an invisibility cloak, your friends under disguises, you cursed one of the tellers, broke into a vault to steal from it and stole one of our dragons. Quite frankly Mr. Potter, I am surprised you even returned here at all.”

“What else could I do?” Harry said with a slight shrug of his shoulders. “My vault is here, if I didn’t come back and at least try to reach some sort of understanding with the bank, I pretty much be penny-less. Honestly, if things hadn’t been so dire, we never would have resorted to the things we’ve done but we did and I can’t say we wouldn’t do the same thing again.”

“At the very least you are honest,” Kragluff said with amusement. “And yes, things were quite dire, even for the Goblin Nation of Great Britain.” Harry nodded knowing all about how Voldemort and the Death Eaters had controlled the Goblins during the war. “Due to these circumstances… I believe we can come to an understanding.”

“Alright… what sort of understanding?” Harry asked.

“The bank is willing to drop any charges against you, Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger for the break in, theft of a dragon, killing of Goblins due to dragon fire, and other such charges. We will also not seize all of your family vaults or those left to you by Lord Black upon his death,” Kragluff offered.

“What do you want in exchange?” Harry asked. Kragluff have Harry a terrifying grin.

“Many wizarding families left vaults, property and heirlooms to you after the previous wizarding war,” the goblin said.

“Huh… I had no idea about that. I always assumed my vault was the only one I had,” Harry said with a frown.

“Your trust vault was the only vault you had access to until you became a legal adult, then you would be allowed to access your other family vaults and properties and those left to you by others,” Kragluff informed him.

“Trust vault? Family vaults?” Harry repeated making Kragluff frown and narrow his eyes at Harry.

“Just what do you know of your finances Mr. Potter?” The head Goblin asked.

“Errr… I always thought it was the one vault,” Harry admitted. “Dumbledore told me Sirius made me his heir so I assumed I got whatever he left me but as far as I knew my vault was the only one Mum and Dad left me.” Kragluff muttered something angrily in Gobbledegook under his breath and Harry wondered why no one thought to tell him he had more than just the one vault. Had they all assumed he knew? How could he, he still knew very little about a lot of the wizarding world and his family. Though to be fair, he hadn’t gone looking for the information either.

“I suggest you met with the goblins that manage your accounts after we conclude our business Mr. Potter,” Kragluff said once he ran out of steam.

“Yeah,” Harry agreed as he removed his glasses to rub his eyes, his ears twitching in irritation. “Also, yes I agree to your deal. I never knew about all that stuff left to be to start with and I really don’t want it. I think it was stupid to leave it to me to start with, it was my Mum’s magic that defeated Voldemort to start with.”

“Agreed Mr. Potter but it worked out in your favor,” Kragluff pointed out as he made several notations on the paperwork in front of him.

“Also… if there’s any Goblin made stuff my family or the Black family hid away, I give those up freely as well. Griphook explained how the whole Goblin made thing works,” Harry added. Kragluff look up at Harry with a raised eyebrow, looking a tiny bit surprised. But only a tiny bit.

“Generous of you Mr. Potter,” he said then scribbled something else on the papers. “I wouldn’t worry about finding anything in the Potter vaults or properties; the Potter family has always stayed on good relations with the Goblin nation. On the other hand, I cannot say the same of the Black family.”

“That doesn’t surprise me any,” Harry said with a shake of his head then winced as he remembered something else. “Look, about the sword of Gryffindor-“ Harry was cut off by the sharp laugh and shark like grin on Kragluff’s face.

“Mr. Potter, do you think that we didn’t already know about the enchantment on the sword?” He asked with amusement. “The Goblins were the one the place the spell on the blade to start with.”

“I… don’t understand? Griphook-“ Harry started to say again only for Kragluff to cut him off with a disgusted huff.

“The Goblin family clan that Griphook was descended from were the ones whom originally forged the blade,” Kragluff informed him. “Under normal circumstances the sword would have returned to his family clan when Gryffindor died. But Gryffindor and the Goblins nation at that time came to an agreement and the sword’s ownership was transferred to the school itself.”

“How does that even work?” Harry asked confused. “I mean… Hogwarts isn’t alive… is it?”

“Not in the way you and I live, Mr. Potter,” Kragluff agreed. “But the castle was built on top of a lay line, long before the founders of your school converted the old castle into what it is today. In that time it has become saturated with magic both from the lay line and from the generations of young witches and wizards as well as the magical creatures that lived in the woods around the castle, has given the castle a life of its own.”

“Huh…. You know I can see that,” Harry said, he always knew Hogwarts was special and almost seemed alive at times. He guessed that was truer than he thought. “So if the Goblins knew that Hogwarts is the swords real owner, then why did Griphook try to take the sword back?”

“Not all in the Hook clan agreed with the decision,” Kragluff said. “Many of Griphook’s ancestors have attempted to retrieve the sword over the eons, thinking they could break the enchantment on the blade.”

“And the first chance it got, the sword returned to the castle,” Harry said.

“Indeed,” Kragluff said. Harry wondered if Dumbledore knew that Gryffindor’s Sword belong to the castle when he left the blade to Harry in his will. The old man had been crafty so it was possible but then again Dumbledore didn’t know everything.

“Alright, let’s get back to the vaults then,” Harry said changing the subject.

****

Harry let out a slow breath as he took it all in, slowly moving in a circle as he looked around the vault. He was still trying to process it all, learning just how wealthy he really was. From the Black side of his inheritance it wasn’t that big of a surprise, he already knew the Blacks were one of the wealthiest, if not the wealthiest, families in Great Britain’s wizarding world.

They had several vaults not just in this bank but in several other branches of Gringotts all over the world, owned several homes and businesses.

But the Potter side, well that really shocked him. Harry already got the feeling that the Potters were pretty well off which turned out to be an understatement. They weren’t as rich as the Blacks but the Potters were quiet well off. Harry wondered if he was as rich as the Malfoys, even without the Black inheritance. He had several family vaults in this and other branches of Gringotts and handful of properties around the world.

Harry shook his head in disbelief, he didn’t know what he would have done a few years ago when he first rejoined the wizarding world and found out he had all his wealth. Bought that solid gold cauldron like he originally wanted he bet, and other things he really didn’t need. So maybe it was a good thing Harry didn’t find out how much he was really worth until he was older and more responsible.

He looked around the main vault again, taking in all the coins that was only a small fraction of how much he had, and all the family heirlooms. Wands, weapons, armors, other things that Harry had no idea what they were. He could see a host of books along on wall, Hermione would have loved to get her hands on those he bet, and scrolls neatly tucked away on another set of shelves.

It was honestly too much for him to take in now, Harry needed time to process everything, come to terms with all this. But as he turned to leave the vault, a flash of gold caught his attention.

His long ears twitch in curiosity, Harry turned to see what caught his attention. Green eyes widened in shock and he quickly walked over to the chest that caught his attention, kneeling in front of it. The chest was made of a deep brown wood with golden bands holding it together, but what had caught Harry’s attention was the golden triangle, made of three smaller ones, on the front over the lock and the bright red bird painted on the top.

“The Triforce,” he whispered, reaching up to touch the medallion around the neck. The bird on top looked just on the one on the reverse side of his medallion that Luna had gifted him the night he had changed. Licking his lips nervously and swallowing past the lump that had formed in Harry’s throat, he gently touched the Triforce embalm on the front of the chest. His breath caught in surprise as the lock clicked open, the sound seeming so loud in the otherwise quiet vault, then slowly lifted the lid.

The first thing Harry noticed was the letter, written on a parchment that had to be so old and could have only had survived so long due to spells, lying on top. The letter had to been written by his Hylian ancestor Harry thoughts as with shaking fingers, Harry lifted the letter and slowly opened it… only for his ears to droop in disappointment.

The letter was written in a language he didn’t understand. The strange looking letters didn’t look like anything Harry had seen before.

“Damn,” he whispered to himself. He supposed it would have been too much to ask for the letter to be written in modern day English. Still, Harry thought he would be able to translate the letter, at least he hoped so. Refolding the letter and placing it back in the chest, Harry closed it then with the tip of his tongue sticking out Harry placed his hand on top of the chest and wandlessly cast a feather-light charm on it and shrunk it down so he could carry it out in his pocket.

****

Harry wouldn’t admit it to anyone, but it took him nearly two years to translate the letter. To be fair, in those two years a lot happened so he had very little time to crack the code that was the Hylian language.

There had been trials to go to, he remembered gleefully the one for that bitch Umbridge who was spending the rest of her days in Azkaban. The Malfoys trial had been interesting as well, unsurprisingly they had managed to stay out of jail. Harry found that he didn’t mind that much, he didn’t like Lucius Malfoy still but he had come to an understanding with Draco and Narcissa had done her part by not telling Voldemort that Harry was still alive. As long as none of them reverted to their old ways, which Harry doubted they would, he was content to ignore them.

After that Hogwarts had reopened and Harry had after a lot of thinking decided to return to complete his final year instead of taking the offer to train as an auror. He could have been good at it but Harry was honestly sick of fighting Dark Wizards. At the same time, he and Ginny had tried dating again but… for some reason they didn’t have the same spark as they did before. Both he and Ginny felt it and after a few dates had finally decided they were better off as friends. Ron had been disappointed a bit but didn’t put up a fuss.

When he wasn’t in school, Harry spent as much time as he could with his godson Teddy, he wanted the tiny boy to have all the love and attention that he never got. He loved spending time with the boy and Teddy adored Harry. He adored Hedwig as well, Teddy squealed happily whenever he saw the Loftwing. Harry had gotten close to Andromeda Tonks too; she was the one raising Teddy while Harry was at Hogwarts. She always greeted him warmly, treated him like family, but Harry was worried about her. She always seemed so sad and had a faraway look in her eyes when she looked at Teddy.

It wasn’t really surprising, after all she lost both her husband and only child during the war. Had lost her favorite cousin as well, Harry was amazed she held on as well as she did.

The most surprising thing that happened to him was Harry got even closer to Luna, with Ginny and Hermione’s encouragement, they had even started dating. They were even engaged now, date still pending. He was happy finally, at peace even. And he finally translated the letter, it was remarkably easy once he figured out what each letter would have been in English.

Descendant,

If you are reading this, then my wife’s prediction that one of our great many grandchildren’s blood would awaken as a Hylian was true and so I write this letter for you to explain some things and placed it in a chest with my items that came with me to this world that has been enchanted to open at your touch.

My name is Makus, I was once a sage and fought in the name of our guardian goddess Hylia. We were at war with the dark forces led by the king of evil by the name of Demise. I do not know if the war still goes on, I hope not. I have faith that her grace Hylia has saved our people.

During the war I was caught by a spell while I cast mine against Demise that flung me from my world to yours. I was badly hurt and I was found by the man whom would become my father-in-law and was nursed back to health. In time I fell in love with the woman who I am now married to.

My world t’was created by three golden goddess and they offered me a way home after many years. I declined their offer my child, I had made my home here on your world. But I like to think maybe one day you would like to return to our people. As such I leave you all my possessions and a book that I wrote for you that contains both the history of our people and everything you may need to find your way.

Whatever you decide, live your life full of happiness my child.

May you be watched over by her grace Hylia,

Makus

Harry put paper with the translation down on the desk by the original and stared at the words. It didn’t really tell him anything new, it was the same as Nayru, Din and Farore had already told him before. Still it was kinda nice to have a letter written to him by his Hylian ancestor, than this man Makus had reached out to him. Well, not to him specifically, but it was still the thought that counted.

Harry smiled as a pair of slim arms wrapped around his neck and shoulders, blond hair slipping over one shoulder.

“Did you finish?” Luna asked as she read the letter. “Makus is a nice name.”

“Yeah, he’s the one I got these from,” Harry said tapping one of his ears.

“Are you going to translate the other things in the chest?” Luna asked.

“Yeah, I’m still really curious about that other world,” Harry said. “I at least want to know a little.”

“There is nothing wrong with knowing, we might need it someday,” Luna said in that dreamy way of her’s as she kissed Harry’s cheek and pulled away. “Do you think we can get that pizza stuff again for dinner?”

“Sure, Luna,” Harry agreed smiling as he put both notes away.

*****

The upcoming wedding between Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood had been the subject of gossip all around the British wizarding world as well as a few other wizarding communities. Many wizarding papers and magazines, such as Witch Weekly, heavily debated on what sort of wedding robes the bride and groom would be wearing, where the wedding would take place, who would be invited, and so on. Not everyone was happy that Harry was marrying Luna; there were still people out there who thought he was destined to be with Ginny and then there were those who thought he should marry someone from a more… respectable wizarding family due to his status as head of both the Potter and Black families.

There were plenty rumors as well from a number of people who claimed Harry was secretly dating them, there had even been a number of women claiming he was the father of their children, but those had been going on for years even before Harry graduated from Hogwarts though he hadn’t heard about them at the time.

Harry for the most part ignored all of that, only looking into what others were saying when he needed a good laugh. He and Luna were keeping the wedding simple, only inviting family and friends. It was decided the wedding would be in a little grove in the forest near both the Burrow and the Lovegood home.

Grinning, and a bundle of nervous energy, Harry stood in the decorated grove by the alter as he waited for his wedding to begin. The grove was decorated in white and pale gold, behind the alter where Shacklbolt, who agreed to marry Luna and Harry since he was the Minister of Magic, stood waiting and behind Shacklebolt was a banner with the Triforce emblem in shiny gold on it. Not many in the wedding party or the guests understood what it was for, other than Harry only Ron, Hermione and Luna knew the reason why the symbol was important to the hero. Everyone else thought it was an odd but pretty piece of decoration that Harry seemed to really like. In truth of course it was there to honor the Golden Goddesses and Hylia, the closest Harry could get to what he and Luna read in the book his ancestor Makus left him.

Weddings on the other world didn’t seem too different from many wedding traditions on Earth, just that they needed a priest to marry the couple in the name of the goddesses. This was of course impossible considering only Harry knew for a fact the goddesses were real having met them the very short time he had been between the living world and the afterlife. So the Triforce emblem was the best thing he and Luna could come up with to honor that part of his family history.

Harry glanced out over the rows of seats containing the guests which included the Weasleys, minus Fred who had passed away during the final battle and Ron who was his best man and Ginny as Luna’s maid of honor. Also at the wedding were many of his fellow DA members and classmates, his professors (he could see Hagrid in the very back crying softly into a giant handkerchief). Andromeda Tonks was also there of course and there were a few others that Harry and Luna met as they traveled to look for Luna’s articles on magical creatures. Harry bit back a grin as Rolf Scamander gave Harry a wave and a thumbs up.

Rolf Scamander was a young wizarding magizoologist that Luna and Harry met during a search for a rumored magical creature. Rolf and Luna hit it off instantly, getting along like a house on fire and Harry had a feeling if he and Luna weren’t already in love and set to get married, Luna could have easily married Rolf instead. Thankfully Harry had never felt threatened by Rolf’s friendship with Luna, in fact had become very good friends with the animal loving wizard himself. Rolf was fascinated with Hedwig having never seen anything like a Loftwing before, not surprising since up until Hedwig’s transformation from an owl into a Loftwing they hadn’t existed on Earth before, nor would any exist after her. Hedwing was very much one of her own kind on the planet.

On the other side of the aisle were several of Luna’s relatives from both her father Xenophilius’s side of the family and Luna’s mother Pandora’s side.

It should be noted that the elder Dursley’s were not invited to the wedding, though Harry had at least invited Dudley as the two did speak to each other now and then. His cousin had really turned his life around since the Dementor’s attack and while Harry would never be on friendly terms with his aunt and uncle, Dudley was an okay bloke. His girlfriend, whom Harry had met the last time he visited with his cousin, was pretty nice too and he hoped they worked out. Dudley declined the wedding invite but did wish Harry good luck and gotten Harry and Luna a wedding gift.

Joyous music started to play from somewhere in the grove and Harry watched as a little girl named Varia, one Luna’s younger cousins, slowly make her way down the carpet letting flowers fall from her hand. Right behind her was Harry’s godson Teddy who tightly clenched a ring pillow between his hands and tip of his tongue sticking out. Teddy’s hair cycled between colors, having inherited Tonk’s megamorphmagus ability. After the kids came the rest of the wedding party, Ron and Ginny at the front leading the way for Hermione, Neville, Dean, and another one of Luna’s female cousins.

Next, the music changed to the iconic wedding march and Harry felt his heart beat fast and a grin spread across his face as Luna came into the grove escorted down the aisle by Xenophilius. Harry thought Luna looked stunning; she wore a white dress with gold highlights, her hair swept up into a high ponytail that was decorated by little sunflowers of bright yellow. Clashing with the dress but still so Luna so Harry thought it looked good anyway were earrings made from some muggle fizzy drink that Luna liked and a necklace made of Butterbeer corks.

Luna smiled up a Harry as she came to stand across from him in front of the alter making Harry smile in return, both their eyes full of love. Xenophilius smiled to himself as he stepped back, leaving his little turnip to her future partner. Shacklebolt cleared his throat as the music faded away brining everyone’s attention to him.

“We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls,” he started, his voice carrying through the grove with ease. “Please join your hands.”

Harry and Luna’s left hands clasped together gently, Harry’s thumb rubbing the back of Luna’s hand.

“As you hands are joined, so are your lives. Holding each other, caressing each other, supporting each other, loving each other,” Shacklebolt continued as he took a golden with white edge ribbon and tied it around their hands. “Harry, repeat after me; ‘I, Harry, promise you, Luna, that I will be your husband. From this day forward, to love and respect you, to support and to hold you, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry. To softly kiss you when you are hurting and to be your companion and your friend. On my magic, so mote it be.’”

“I, Harry, promise you, Luna, that I will be your husband. From this day forward, to love and respect you, to support and to hold you, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry. To softly kiss you when you are hurting and to be your companion and your friend. On my magic, so mote it be,” Harry repeated, his long ears twitching as he swore he felt magic start to build up in the grove.

“Luna, repeat after me,” Shacklebolt instructed as he turned to the young blond woman. “’I, Luna, promise you, Harry, that I will be your wife. From this day forward, to love and respect you, to support and to hold you, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry. To softly kiss you when you are hurting and to be your companion and your friend. On my magic, so mote it be.’”

“I, Luna, promise you, Harry, that I will be your wife. From this day forward, to love and respect you, to support and to hold you, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry. To softly kiss you when you are hurting and to be your companion and your friend. On my magic, so mote it be,” Luna repeated grinning as she felt the magic grow brighter and the ribbon around their clasped hands started to glow.

“The ring,” Shacklebolt said. Harry turned to Teddy who held up the pillow to Harry making Harry so proud of his little godson as he took the ring with his free hand and slid the thin gold band on Luna’s ring finger on her right hand. Luna did the same, sliding a slightly larger gold band onto Harry’s hand.

“Then I declare you bonded for life, you may kiss the bride,” Shacklebolt declared as he had Luna and Harry unclasp their hands and removed the ribbon, the glow disappearing. Harry laughed as Luna pulled him in, the two sharing their first kiss as husband and wife. Shacklebolt turned to the others in the grove, several ladies and Hagrid gently wiping the tears on their faces away. “And so, dearly beloved, please help in greeting this newly married couple.”

Everyone cheered and clapped, several gasping as golden sparkles showered the grove. No one was sure who made the sparkles, no one but Harry and Luna that was. They knew this was a sign from Harry’s gods. (1)

*****

(1) I relied heavily on a hand fasting vows on I found on a wedding site for Harry and Luna’s wedding and mixed it with a little Harry Potter-ness. The golden sparkle thing is from the Zelda games, in the new original title Breath of the Wild, a character called Hudson tells Link that there’s a legend about golden sparkles appearing on a couple’s wedding day so I included that as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story