Categories > Games > Undertale > I am Made of Love, Not LOVE (Chara x Sans)

New Beginnings

by Amelia_Dreemurr 0 reviews

aAaaaAaAAHhHHhhHHhHhh

Category: Undertale - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2020-03-22 - 1693 words

0Unrated
The next morning, I wake to happy thoughts. Sans is going to be there for me. Well, I think so. I hope so…

Going through my morning routine once more, I end up rushing outside as the last one for the second time this week. I wore something comfy, and ate something simple — cereal. When I get closer to the car, I find a dramatic situation before me. Sans is having a messy fight with Frisk, telling her that they’re over, and that she needs to get out of the passenger seat.

“Then who’s going to sit there…?” Asriel glances over to me, and I try to get in next to him, but Sans smiles at me and gestures for me to sit next to him. I roll my eyes. Did he have to make this such a big deal? But I am smiling. He kept his word, and he told Frisk off. At least, that’s what I can assume, considering she is in tears as she storms over to Asriel’s side.

I glance back, seeing Frisk fume and glare at me, Asriel and Monster Kid in shock. They gape at me, but finally snap out of it and comfort Frisk, who is bawling.

I give a worried glance to Sans, who in turn gives me a reassuring smile, and he even reaches over to take my hand… I pull away before he can, though. We’re not that close, and I know he likes me that way — that’s obvious because of last night. And besides, people could take it the wrong way; they could think I made him fall for me.

I shake my head at him, but smile softly.

Once the car is parked and we’re out, Frisk slaps me. I blink, my expression impassive as she runs off, crying. “Great…”

Asriel looks as confused as one can get. I smile warmly at him, and Sans wraps his arm around my shoulders, before steering me inside.

He likes me. I’m not sure how to feel, but it does give me this warm feeling, as warm as his hugs. He’s a skeleton, so how can that be? I find myself observing him, and I realize his hoodie sleeves are rolled up. His radius and ulna are large, and scarred. And they look strong. They seem cold to the touch, but I also find myself entranced, reaching out to grip his arm. And it’s not cold. It’s warm. So warm.

He looks startled, but I make him envelop me in his arms, the warmth comforting.

So warm, the blood rushes to your cheeks, I tell myself. I hide this by nuzzling my face into his hoodie.

Should you really get this close? He might betray you. And then where will you be?

I tell my thoughts to shut up.

“K-Kid. Tibia honest, you’re sending me some confusing messages here, ya know?”

“Oh my God…” I laugh at his stupid joke.

“Glad to know you think I’m humerus.”

I feel the urge to push him away, but I continue to hug him.

He lifts my chin and kisses me. Again. Soft, and sweet.

And I let it happen. I kiss him back.

Because he’s given me feelings I never knew could exist. Feelings I didn’t want to exist. I’m so scared he could hurt me, but exhilarated that he wants me. Me. The demon. The girl who, even when she was innocent, had no friends. The girl who’d been shunned by everyone almost her entire life.

I cling to his hoodie’s sides, the zipper biting into me. I never want to pull away. And I don’t. He gets the message and deepens the kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist as we scramble to a stable surface. That surface ends up being the wall. He pins me there, and initiates a long session of mingled breath and lack of oxygen. And the bell rings. Hair mussed and frazzled, I blush and let go.

He’s a bright blue, and I can assume it’s his blush. “We’re gonna be late.

I’m going to be late. I have to walk all the way to the Freshman academy…”

“We’ll both be late if I walk you to your class.”

“Oh my God! Sans!” I push him in the direction he’s supposed to go, then head off to my own class.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

And the teachers have seemed to get past their fear, now a little angry at me. They probably met some nice monsters and wondered why anyone would hurt them. But their ancestors did at one point, too. Humanity has always been a mess. So they scold me, call me out in class, notch my participation grade down. But I don’t care. Leaving one class, I even stick out my tongue mischievously at my math teacher.

I skip through the halls, to the cafeteria. Sans is at my side immediately, reminding me of how lucky I am to finally have a friend, even if I don’t deserve it… No, I mustn’t think that way. He thinks I do. And it’s his choice. All I can do is enjoy this while it lasts and hope I don’t mess up again.

Frisk glares me down. My heart pounds in my ears when I feel San’s phalanx intertwine with my fingers once again. “I-Is this okay?” he asks. I nod, bright red.

I swallow my fears, and when we get food, he takes my hand and brings me over to the table, with Asriel and Monster Kid and Frisk. Nahla is here, too, but all of Frisk’s other friends were studying in the library, apparently. Sans tugs me onto his lap, and it makes me turn a darker red, if such a thing was possible. He hugs me from behind, and I look back into his eyes. In them is warmth and wonder.

It feels like the others aren’t even there. Until they are, and the world comes back into focus.

“What even happened?! Did you seduce him?!? Did you threaten him?!?!” I am made uncomfortable immediately by her pointed stare. If looks could kill… I gulp and stare back, innocently.

“Of course not, Frisk.”

“Yes, because I’m totally the type to be easily blackmailed.” Sans rolls his eyes. “Frisk isn’t as good as she seems. And Chara, she’s… Not what you think, either.” He looks me in the eyes. “As one of the people who remembered the timelines, I should’ve seen it right away. Chara didn’t kill everyone.” His eyes flicker to Frisk. “Frisk did.”

Asriel blinks. “And do you have any proof?”

“Yeah.” He holds up a contact case. “Now, Frisk has two pairs. One in her eyes. One here.” He taps the case.

“I need contacts to see!!” She snarls, trying to snatch it away.

But he easily evades her grabs, before opening up the case. “Blue. Colored. Contacts. Can someone hold her down?”

“A-Azzy! I-I… I may not have killed everyone else, b-but I did kill you. Please, don’t find it in your heart to forgive me; I don’t deserve it,” I plead.

Asriel looks at me with this wary gaze, before standing to pin Frisk down. A few random kids join. Then, Sans helps me to my feet, before standing himself. “Would you like to do the honors?”

I blink, terrified, before shaking my head.

Frisk growls. “This isn’t fair.”

Sans shrugs. “Nothing’s fair, kiddo. You should’ve realized that when you killed my brother.” He kneels and carefully takes her contacts out. Red. Everyone gasps.

I begin to cry. Because now it’s finally over. Because while I did hurt my family, at least the one who did the killing is unable to escape consequences.

“Two years of ignoring you, Chara…”Asriel begins to cry as well, moving to my side.

But I step back. “Remember what I said, Azzy.”

“I don’t care. At least you tried to be good. You must have been so scared.” I nod. He hugs me. And I bawl, like a little kid.

Sans tells someone to get the principal, so mom and dad can pick her up, and hopefully do something to keep her contained. I let go of Asriel, and Frisk lunges for me. “THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!”

I try to dodge, but since she's had practice fighting, she manages to grab a chokehold on my neck. I punch her, a bruise immediately forming on her jawline. She looks hysterical, but Sans...

He uses his powers to pull her off with telekinesis.

Everyone gasps, well, everyone except Asriel of course. I cough as her hands are violently wrenched from my throat. I must look mortified, but I quickly get to my feet, leaving me dizzy.

"Frisk. You've already lost. I know you're determined and all... But... Sometimes you have to throw in the towel."

She hisses in place of an actual reply, and I feel the urge to vomit from the adrenaline, but force myself to take in deep breaths and relax. "Thank you, Sans..." He smiles in turn. My first friend since this whole mess. Well, maybe now he can be more than that, but...

Asriel hugs me once more, Nahla congratulates me, and Monster Kid apologizes for being so naive. I feel so embarrassed that they feel the need to say sorry when they did nothing wrong.

When they notice my knuckles and wrists the amendments are endless. Sans radiates anger towards them, like they should've known all along and stuck by my side. But I shake my head at him placatingly. When mom and dad pick us up, they give me a welcome, warm hug. I missed them... So much.

It's probably the billionth time I've cried today. I lost count...

And Sans made this all possible. He gives me this hope, terrifyingly strong and present. I have to ask him how to thank him. Because I wouldn't feel okay if I didn't.
Sign up to rate and review this story