Categories > Anime/Manga > I'll CKBC Generation Basket

Quick Forward Motion

by redex 0 reviews

Hiiragi-introspective drabble. It's the only thing to do - an addiction.

Category: I'll CKBC Generation Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-09-22 - Updated: 2006-09-22 - 333 words - Complete

0Unrated
When the Hiiragi boys were little and got into a fight, their father sent them out together to go on a run. In this, like in most things, he was right. The beat of feet against the pavement, the noises of the quiet city around them, their harsh breath against the air... There was no room left for argument. There wasn't even room left to stop - you just had to keep going. One foot in front of the other. In all weather. It was one of the reasons why they were considered freaks amounst their basketball peers: they enjoyed running. Perhaps it was an addiction to the adreniline.

When Hitonari left the house to live on his own, to take his own path through Kouzu, all Takuya could think to do was run. He meant to go by every day on his after-school run, but somehow he managed to convince himself that Hitonari was fine, that he wouldn't want his older brother checking up on him, that maybe he wouldn't even be there. But eventually he ran out of excuses and ended up arriving to exactly what he had expected. It was a strange sort of loss; he ran more.

When Akane broke his leg, Hitonari was at a loss. The aching, sucking black hole in his heart as he realised in a split second what this meant would not go away. And so he ran, every night that the moon was covered by the clouds and it did not rain, every time passing by the bedroom where his first real friend slept uneasily in a hospital bed. He imagined himself walking in, stroking a fevered forehead, sitting down and watching over him all night. But thoughts like that didn't last long while he was running, and soon exhaustion made the only thing he could think of was one foot in front of the other. He couldn't even cry.

Some days, forgetting was the only solution - but you can only run so far.
Sign up to rate and review this story