Categories > TV > 10th Kingdom

Have you ever used activated carbon? What are the benefits of it?

by dingxinda9 0 reviews

Have you ever used activated carbon? What are the benefits of it?

Category: 10th Kingdom - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2020-07-23 - 493 words

0Unrated
Charcoal or charcoal blocks are different from charcoal in burning. The manufacture of activated carbon makes it have a strong adsorption capacity, which enables it to combine with molecules, ions or atoms. In this way, it removes these substances from the dissolved matter. Preparation of activated carbon involves heating carbon rich materials (such as wood, peat, coconut shell or sawdust) to a high temperature. This "activation" process deprives charcoal of previously absorbed molecules and releases the binding sites again. The process also reduces the pore size in the charcoal and creates more pores in each molecule, thus increasing its total surface area. As a result, a teaspoon of activated carbon has a larger surface area than a football field.

Possible uses of activated carbon

Kidney health
Activated carbon can help kidney function by filtering out undigested toxins and drugs. Activated carbon appears to be particularly effective in removing toxins from urea, the main by-product of protein digestion. More research is needed, but some animal studies have shown that activated carbon can help improve kidney function and reduce gastrointestinal damage and inflammation in people with chronic kidney disease. In another study in 2014, rats with chronic renal failure were fed a mixture containing 20% activated carbon, which also improved their renal function and reduced the incidence of kidney inflammation and damage.

Intestinal Qi
Activated carbon powder is thought to destroy intestinal gases, although researchers still don't know how. The liquid and gas trapped in the gut can easily pass through the millions of pores in the activated carbon, a process that may neutralize them. In a 2012 study, a small group of people with a history of excess gas in their intestines took 448 mg of activated carbon twice a day for three days for two days prior to intestinal ultrasound examination. They also took another 672 Mg on the morning of the test. Studies have shown that medical examiners are better able to see parts of certain organs that they intend to identify with ultrasound, which are masked by gastrointestinal gas before treatment. Similarly, about 34% of the participants who received active carbon to reduce gas intake had improved symptoms. In a 2017 study, people who took 45 mg of simethicone and 140 mg of activated carbon three times a day for 10 consecutive days, all of them reported significant relief in abdominal pain with no side effects.

Water filtration
Activated carbon has been used as natural water filter for a long time. Just like in the gut and stomach, activated carbon can interact with toxins, drugs, viruses, bacteria, fungi and chemicals in water and absorb toxins. In commercial environments, such as waste management centers, operators often use activated carbon particles as part of the filtration process. In addition, dozens of water filtration products are designed for household use, and carbon filter elements are used to purify toxins and impurities in water. coal based activated carbon and coal activated carbonare also suitable for water treatment. If you need this, you can choose us.
Sign up to rate and review this story