Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Kiss Me Softly,

by Edwards_Boots 5 reviews

"Kiss me softly, steal my soul..." Edward's shy about talking to Roy. Cute, Oneshot -COMPLETE-

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Edward Elric, Roy Mustang - Published: 2005-06-29 - Updated: 2005-06-30 - 1323 words - Complete

3Ambiance

"Kiss Me Softly,


steal my soul. Wish you luck, for when you grow old." - Crimson Angel


He was going to do it. He was really going to do it. He was going to walk right up to Mustang and do it. Atleast...that's what he kept telling himself. He'd talked it over with Al the night before-needless to say, it was a rather uncomfortable conversation, at first, admitting that and all-and Al had given him words of encouragement, boosted his confidence, somewhat, made him think that he could actually do it.

But, now that he was faced with it...he couldn't. He'd walked into H.Q. with almost child-like vigor and optimism, tossing up a wave of acknowledgment to Hawkeye and raising curious glances from the others he passed. He'd marched strait down the hall to the Colonel's office, had his hand on the doorknob, started to turn it and stopped, slowly letting go of the door.

As far as Ed knew...he'd been standing here, in the same place, with his hand hovering over the doorhandle, for what was going on five minutes-a light blush tinting his cheeks. What the hell was he doing? Now that he'd stopped to think about it...wasn't it stupid to think that Mustang would feel the same way?

Edward's hand formed into a shaky fist as he lowered his head, his hair shadowing his face. That's right, it was a stupid, immature thing to think. If he opened this door, walked right up to Mustang and kissed him, told him exactly how he felt...Mustang would probably just laugh. Yes, he'd admit, he even laughed at himself at first, tried to pass it off as something else, but...Ed sighed.

It wasn't something else; he really loved the Colonel. But, it was a waste of time, he'd just be mocked if he said anything. Ed let his arm drop to his side. Resolved not to give Mustang something besides his height to laugh at, he turned away from the door, walking back down the hallway.

"Ano baka..." he muttered to himself, his hands balling into fists at his sides.


Of course he knew Ed was the one standing outside his door. He'd stopped signing paperwork as soon as he'd heard the heavy footsteps-the odd, muffled sound of padded metal hitting the hardwood floor-that signified the boy's presence. And that had been...Roy glanced up at the clock on the wall, then back over at the door...at the very least, that had been ten minutes ago.

What the hell was he doing out there? Ed had already given him the report from his last mission, hadn't he? So what other reason did he have to stand outside Mustangs office door? To annoy the hell out of me, Roy decided, standing up from his desk.

He couldn't exactly work, knowing someone was hovering right outside. He crossed the room and grabbed ahold of the door, pausing when he heard Edward suddenly turn away from the door, the dull thud of his shoes fading down the hall. Roy frowned. Ed had stood out there for ten minutes, for no apparent reason, and now, he just walked away.

What the heck was wrong with this kid? Roy thought for a second, lightly tapping his knuckles against the wooden door. Come to think of it...Ed had been acting a little odd lately. When he gave his report yesterday he'd sat on the far end of the couch-as far away from Roy as he could-and wouldn't make eye contact with him.

He hadn't made any snappy remarks or even screamed his head off when Roy'd made a comment about Ed being short. He'd just sat there, staring at the floor or, very frequently, shooting Roy accusing glares-all the while, there was an odd, red tint to his face, as if he were angry or...Roy's eyes widened alittle. Or shy. Could that be it?

Was that why Ed had stood out here this whole time, but hadn't come in? He was shy...? Well, that would certainly explain his odd behavior. Roy almost chuckled at the thought of Edward being shy, but the thought was completely whipped from his mind when the door he was leaning on suddenly swung open and he lost his balance.

He would have fallen flat on his face, had two smaller hands not grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him up again. Roy steadied himself on his own feet, putting a hand against the doorframe, but the hands fisted into the front of his uniform remained and he realized it was Edward who had flung the door open like that.


Okay, so he'd changed his mind. He could change his mind, right? Of course he could, so he had. Telling Mustang how he really felt was exactly why he'd come here, so that's what he was going to do, damnit, whether he was laughed at or not! Running on impulse, he'd stomped back down the hall and flung Mustang's office door open.

He hadn't known that Mustang was leaning on the door and that, if he pulled it open, he'd fall out. So even Ed was surprised when he had to jump forward to save Mustang from smashing his face on the floor. He was still sort of shocked, even when Mustang was standing on his own, and didn't think to let go of the man's uniform.

Damnit, damnit, damnit, this was what happened when he was impulsive! He got into trouble, or caused trouble-mostly the later-and this definitely counted as trouble. He had wanted to tell Mustang how he felt, but, now he was standing right here infront of him and Ed couldn't think of a damn thing to say.

Edward felt a blush creep across his cheeks as he hurriedly let go of the front of Mustang's uniform and took a step back, lowering his head a little. What should he do? Maybe apologize for nearly giving the man a concussion-that would be a good start. Ed mentally slapped himself.

Yeah, flinging the door open was a really great idea. It nearly busted Mustang's face in, but, hey, it was brilliant! Ed thought as he glared at the floor, hoping Mustang couldn't see his face as he continued mentally bashing himself for such stupidity. He stopped his mental abuse, however, and was suddenly aware of a hand being waved infront of his face.

Ed's eyes widened when the older man grabbed him by the shoulders and he realized Mustang was trying to get his attention. He looked up, a startled sound escaping past his lips before Roy's mouth gently covered his, muffling the already small sound. It didn't last long, a few seconds at the most; it was tender and sweet, and neither of them had any desire to take it any father than that-for now, maybe.

When Roy finally pulled away, Ed opened his eyes again-he hadn't even realized he'd closed them-and stared up at Roy. Something shined in Roy's eyes as he flashed a quick smile at Ed, letting go of the boy's shoulders. Again, Ed tried to think of something to say, or do, but his thoughts had been swept away, not by embarrassment or shyness, but by his first kiss.

That annoying blush crossed his face again, but this time he really didn't care. He noticed his hands had fisted back into Roy's uniform, so he let go and backed up a step or two, looking up at Roy with an almost shy expression. Roy watched him curiously, his smile widening a little when Edward flashed a grin-a genuine, Edward Elric grin.

"Arigatoo, Taisa." Was all he said, and Roy raised an eyebrow as he watched Edward turn and walk down the hallway. A soft, soul-stealing kiss was all it took; no words were needed to describe this bond of...what is love?

~ o w a r i ~
Sign up to rate and review this story