Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > all for the family

11

by ahava 0 reviews

chap 11

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 864 words

0Unrated
~Sophie's POV~
I groaned and grabbed the ringing phone off the hook. It was finally quite in the house, Zeke was napping and the other two were in school and I was hoping to relax with a book. But no, that stupid caller, whoever they were, just had to bother. This better not be a telemarketer, I thought to myself, pushing the talk button and holding the object to my ear.
"Hello?" I said dully.
"Sophie, is that you?" a frantic Joel said.
"Yeah, Joel what's wrong?" I asked.
"Oh God, Sophie, you gotta get down here!" he exclaimed.
"Why?"
"Sir," another voice on Joel's side broke in. "I need to speak to you, sir."
"Ok, hold on a sec." he told them.
"Joel, why do I need to get to you?"
"Sir, now please."
"Joel-"
"Mr. Madden, now."
"Benji was fucking raped!" he yelled into the phone.
I froze. My heart stopped beating and I just froze. It wasn't true, it couldn't be true. Nit my Benji. My fighter was not raped. I couldn't believe it.
"Shit, Soph, I didn't mean to yell it like that." Joel apologized.
"Sir, now please." The other man said impatiently.
"Hold the fuck on, man!" he yelled. "But it's happened, Sophie. And he needs you now, to be with him here."
I couldn't think all I could get out was: "Where are you?"
I took the first flight to Boston I could get, leaving the kids behind with Noah. Every part of my being was numb and nothing short of scared. I didn't know how things would go once I got there, but I didn't care. All I could do was pray that he was ok.
As I sat on the plane, I begged and cried for him to be ok. I ignored the pains in my stomach and the throbbing in my head; I hadn't even taken anything with me.
When the plane landed, I rushed through the airport and stole a cab to the hospital. I got his room number and ran up the stairs, having no patience for the elevator. I hugged my sweatshirt that was actually his, around myself, hiding my belly and tucked my hair behind my ears. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.
Benji's shaking form was being helped into a wheelchair by Joel, flinching as his brother's hand came in contact with his body. His face was gaunt and pale, and his eyes were dark and shadowed. His whole body was shivering under his hoodie and the blanket that was wrapped around him tightly. He looked up as I came in, his dull eyes brightening the slightest bit.
I choked out a sob, and forgetting about everything wrong between us, I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly and kissing his ear.
"No, Sophie..." he squirmed out of my grasp still shaking like anything. I looked up at Joel, tears stinging my eyes. He looked back at me, telling me to take it slow. Benji let out a low gasp and reached his pale fingers to my stomach. I swallowed hard and looked down at him nervously. "You...you're pregnant." He whispered with a frown. He placed his other hand on my tummy, stroking it with his thumbs. He placed a soft kiss on my belly button and I let out a tiny sob.
"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you Benj-" I began, tears falling freely from my eyes.
"Never mind." He shook his head and rolled himself out of the room weakly.
"I'm sorry Soph." Joel said leading me out the door to follow his brother.
We caught up with Benji and Joel placed my hands on the handles to the chair. I looked at him nervously, then at my shivering husband huddled under the hospital blanket. He seemed to be in his own world, his eyes squeezed shut, his mouth moving wordlessly, a single tear running down his pale cheek. I gripped the grey plastic beneath my fingers and pushed the heavy chair out the hospital doors.
We sat in the cab going back to the bus, not really talking. Benji sat huddled up, staring blankly out the window, pulling himself as far away from me as he could in the tight space. I sat in between the twins feeling awkward and unwanted. Joel was upset at me and it was obvious since he wasn't talking to me. And Benji... well, he was pissed at me to say the least. Why? Well, because I hid the pregnancy. In short, I felt like the biggest bitch on the planet.
The car pulled up in front of the band's bus and we all got out. Being the stubborn ass he was, Benji wouldn't let anyone help him. I watched him hobble to the bus, his face screwed up in pain. He started up the stairs but stumbled and fell back. I caught him with my hand on the small of his back and pushed him back up gently. He gripped onto the bar and continued onto the bus, mumbling thanks. I followed him on with Joel behind me. I was met with blank stares.
Sign up to rate and review this story