Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Different Names for the Same Thing

Chapter 18. (for sure.)

by howshesews 2 reviews

fdsjgkljerhasdjkfhghgf.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 1062 words

0Unrated
Okay. Back. It's been 12 hours, just about, since the last time we talked, and I must say, I have something very important to tell you. I don't know how I got where I am right now, and I don't know where the hell this leaves me, but scared is the first thing that comes to mind. Let me start by explaining the events of the evening. That's really the only sensible staring place, wouldn't you say?

I finally got away from the computer last night, and when I entered the living room, I was very pleasantly surprised at what I saw. There was a large, wrapped box on the coffee table, and the dinner table was set, with boxes of take-out on the counter.

"What's this for?" I asked, as I wandered into the living room.

"You work a lot. I wanted to do this for you." I smiled.

"You know you don't have to do this just because I've been working a lot." Patrick messed up my hair.

"I know I don't have to. I'm doing it just because." He was up to something. 'Just because', my ass!

"Oh, yeah. Open that box." I looked at the box on my left, and noticed it moving a little.

"What the hell, Patrick?"

"Open it, Caroline." I did as I was told, and inside was a kitten. A black kitten. I smiled.

"This is for me? Why?" Patrick pushed my brown hair out of my face as the new kitten did it's best to burrow into my tank-top.

"Because I wanted to do something that would make you smile...for real. And you are, so I guess it worked."

"Thank you. Times a million." He nodded, and put his hands in his pockets.

"What are you going to name him?" I thought for a second. Not planning for a pet means you're not thinking about names. It's kind of hard to do on the spot, but then I remembered a conversation Joe and I had had once.

"Wego." Patrick just looked at me.

"Why 'Wego'? What's that from?" I sat down and played with the kitty.

"It's not from anything. Watch. Whenever I call him, I'll have to say 'Here, Wego.' Say it slow, dumbfuck, and then you'll get it." I demonstrated my amazing naming abilities, and he laughed.

"I got you a kitten, and you're calling me dumbfuck? Give the cat back." I flipped him off.

"My cat. Not Patrick's cat." As I finished this statement, the cat meowed. "Told you. I'm starving, let's eat." Obviously, the surprise wasn't over, because he stood me up, covered my eyes, and led me to the table. Patrick sat me down, and made sure my eyes stayed closed as he retrieved the boxes from the counter. When I was finally able to open them, I smiled. Vegetarian Fajitas.

"Pete told me you really liked this stuff, and I know it's not the Life Café, but it's as close as I could get." I stood up, and placed myself face to face with him.

"The truth, Patrick. Why are you doing this?" He looked at his feet. I think our closer-than-usual proximity was freaking him out. It was freaking me out too.

'Last time I tried to make something special for us, I fucked up. I'm not doing that again." He took the liberty of stepping closer to me. I got closer to his face.

"Why?" Patrick stepped back and laughed.

"Why the hell do you think, Caroline?" That's when I decided to take a step forward. Really, my heart was about to explode.

"I want to hear you say it." He stepped closer this time. So much for not making a move anytime soon.

"Because in the past...almost nine months, you've become what matters most. You're all I think about, Caroline. I don't see that changing anytime in the near future." That did it. That's all it took. I kissed him. I finally did it, and it was much greater than I expected. His speech hadn't consisted of any cheesy 'I love you's' or 'You're my everything.' No. It was genuinely Patrick, and I knew he meant every word of what he'd said.

You're probably wondering what Patrick and I are doing at this point in the story. Are we still kissing? Why, yes. We are. And it was a damn good kiss. Things probably would have gotten pretty heated, but think back to the decision I probably regret the most that I've made in the past few days.

"Hey guy- HOLY SHIT!"

Giving Peter Wentz a key.

"Holy shit! It's about damn time." Patrick and I quickly broke apart, and I hid my face in his shoulder. It gets better.

"What are you- OH MY GOD!" Lucky us. Joe was right behind Pete. I sat down at the table in front of the dinner I had not eaten.

"Show's over, guys. Grab some food." I threw a red pepper at Joe, and he proceeded to pick me up and throw me on my couch.

"Isn't it sort of like 'The Taming of the Shrew'?" I laughed.

"Which one's the shrew?" Patrick glared at me and continued eating.

"Well, all I have to say is, it's about fucking time you guys get it on." I looked at Joe like he was crazy.

"Joe, we did not get it on." Patrick was noticeably embarrassed. Pete stopped eating long enough to take it a step further.

"You cannot honestly tell me that had Joe and I not walked in, you're clothes wouldn't be on the floor right now. His too." He pointed at Patrick. I got indignant. Surprise.

"Hell, yes. I can! I don't play that way, Peter. You should know better." He laughed.

"I'll know anything you want me to, as long as you keep calling me Peter." I flipped him off.

They left, and now Patrick is sleeping next to me. I can't sleep. Better yet, It's almost morning and I haven't slept, because I seriously can't believe this happened.

Where would you guess this leaves Patrick and I? As Patrick and I? Or as us? I'm a little nervous. Based on the past, that's perfectly reasonable. Be with you later.











Note: I know it's a little shorter than the past few have been, but i don't think you mind. Isn't it about time?
Sign up to rate and review this story