Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 12

by LOVELA 1 review

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-26 - Updated: 2006-09-27 - 1158 words

1Original
"So have you made an appointment yet?" I asked Pete as we sat up in my room.

"Have you?" he asked back in a smart-ass way.

"Pete," I started.

"Look, Izzy. I really appreciate that you are concerned for me, but really, I feel better. After I told you, the nightmares have gone away. I'm fine," he said sounding irritated.

"I understand that you feel fine now, but I have a feeling that this stage isn't going to last long and the nightmares are just going to come back," I said sitting up and facing him.

"Enough with your gut feelings!" he shouted closing his eyes tight. I jumped slightly and stared at him wide-eyed.

"Whoa. Pete," I said quietly. He opened his eyes and his features softened.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not ready to go talk to someone, so stop pushing. Ok?" he said as his eyes pleaded with me to stop with all the pressure I was putting on him. I instantly felt bad.

"I'm sorry. I just worry about you," I said placing a hand on his shoulder. He just nodded and continued to look through his magazine.

Pete said that the nightmares had stopped, but his mood had not improved. Actually, he has been on a short fuse more recently. I almost found myself walking on eggshells around him in fear of setting him off.

"Hey," Pete said getting my attention. "I'm sorry I yelled," he said and smiled at me. I melted at the sight of him.

"It's ok. I'm a nagger," I said back trying to lighten the mood.

Pete and I had definitely gotten closer since we had confessed our darkest secrets to one another, which had stemmed rumors in our group of friends that we were together. We weren't together, however. It definitely wasn't my decision to not be.

"I gotta go," Pete said standing up and breaking me from my thoughts again.

"Oh?" I asked.

"Yeah. We got state tonight. Soccer. Remember?" Pete said talking slowly and in shock that I would forget.

"Shit. Yeah, I remember," I said shaking my head. How could I have forgotten?

"You are going to be there, right?" he asked with hope in his eyes.

"Yeah, of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world," I said to him.

"Great. See ya tonight," he smiled his world class smile and gave me a tight hug. Lately his hugs lingered more than they had before. I didn't mind though; any reason to be close to him.

"Good luck!" I said to him as he walked down the stairs.

------------------------------------

I sat in the freezing weather with Joe on one side of me and Andy on the other watching the extremely close and suspenseful soccer game. They were currently tied with little to no time left on the clock.

"Oh my god! I don't think I can feel anything below my waist," Joe said out of the blue.

"That must be a horrible experience for you Joe. Good thing you don't use anything below your waist very often. You won't miss it too much," Andy said to him causing me to laugh.

"Hey! I use it," Joe said sounding insulted.

"Yeah, no one else does. That's the problem," I chimed in.

"I don't recall when it was announced that it was pick on Joe day," he said back.

"You just make it so easy," Andy said laughing.

"You make it easy," Joe muttered his lame come-back.

"Come on you guys. Watch the game," I said trying to follow Pete around the entire soccer field.

There was less than a minute left when Pete had gotten the ball. I stood up holding my breath. Could he really score? Is he really going to win the game? Joe and Andy followed when they realized what was going on.

"Come on Pete!" Joe yelled out.

I couldn't speak or breathe. I clutched my hands together as he kicked the ball toward the goal. It took me only a second to realize that it had gone in and I saw Pete fall to his knees in joy and exhaustion.

"Oh my god!" I screamed and hugged Andy.

He had done it. Pete had won the state championship game. Suddenly I noticed the bleachers clearing out and everybody in the stands had stormed the field. Joe grabbed my hand and we went flying down the bleachers as well. It took all my concentration to follow Andy and Joe due to the fact that there were people everywhere. I finally got frustrated and started to push and shove my way away from Joe and Andy and towards where I had last seen him. Finally, there was a clearing and I had spotted him. He was pushing through people trying to give him high fives and hugs of congratulations. He seemed to be looking for someone. I noticed him spot me and my heart stopped. His face had changed from concern to relief. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms.

"Pete! My god! You did it! You did it!" I screamed as he twirled me around in circles.

"Wow," he said as he set me down and looked down on me breathing heavily.

I just stared up into his eyes. It was the most happy I had seen him in almost half a year. It made my heart melt. Suddenly he leaned down and kissed me. I was taken aback for a moment and regained enough consciousness to kiss him back. At that moment, Pete and I were the only people on that soccer field. All sights and sounds except for us had disappeared. Pete pulled away and looked down on me with my eyes still closed tightly.

"I had wanted to do that for a long time," he said quietly as he massaged my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes.

"I had wanted you to do that for a long time," I said back. We just stared at one another content.

"Pete, ya son of a bitch!" Joe said running up to us and slapping him on the back. Andy came up shortly and tackled both guys to the ground.

"Congratulations kid!" Andy yelled.

"Thanks guys!" Pete said laughing and brushing himself off.

"My house? Celebration?" Andy asked.

"Of course," Pete said smiling, but it faded quickly once he looked past Andy and Joe. I turned to see his parents standing there smiling.

I walked up to him, grabbed his hand and whispered in his ear.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine," he said and looked at me. I just nodded.

"Meet you outside the locker room doors?" I asked.

"Sure," he smiled slightly and walked up to his parents. I turned to Joe and Andy who had questioning looks on their faces.

"So party?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Joe and I will go get everything ready. You bring the soccer hero," Andy said and he and Joe left.
Sign up to rate and review this story