Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Different Names for the Same Thing

Chapter 21. (IT'S OVER!)

by howshesews 10 reviews

sdjfhjkhfjksdhfjsdfhdfhlovejhjkhg.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-26 - Updated: 2006-09-27 - 2214 words

2Moving
Okay. I'm the worst journaler ever. It's February 13th. Tomorrow is Valentine's day, and I'm not expecting anything. Here's why. I'm not going to ruin the surprise with long explanations or anything. I'll just give you the day in conversation. I can do that, because this is a day I'll never forget.

"Caroline! Wake up! We met a year ago today." I pushed the blankets away from my face and opened my eyes to see Patrick straddling my legs.

"Great. Think. If a year ago, I had just stayed in New York, I'd still be sleeping right now." I put the covers back over my head. He, in turn, pulled them off of me, leaving me in my camisole and some underwear. It also left me freezing. Chicago in February is not warm. All of a sudden, it hit me. I sat up.

"You're not supposed to be home." I looked at him. He smiled, and kissed me.

"Surprise." He said, leaning his forehead against mine. I smiled back.

"How are you here?"

"We're playing at the Metro tonight. I said I'd need the day off to spend it with my beautiful girlfriend. I'm leaving tomorrow, and since its Valentine's Day, this is all we have, dearest." He said as he swung me around. I laughed, and went to brush my teeth. He followed me.

"You need to be ready in an hour." And with that, he threw a towel at me, and shut the bathroom door. An hour later, I was dressed and ready to go, just as he'd instructed. Okay. That's a lie. It was about and hour and a half later, but it's all the same. He handed me my coat, and we left the apartment.

"Mmmmm. It's a comfy ten degrees outside." I said, as I buttoned my coat. Patrick laughed and opened the car door.

"Where are we going?" He started the car and smiled.

"I'm not telling."

"What the hell? You're annoying." He patted himself on the back, and twenty minutes later, we were parking at Pete's.

"Why are we here?"

"We're not here, here. I just need Pete's 4-wheel drive." I smiled. I knew where we were going.

"Our place." He smiled. He went inside to get the keys and when he returned, he was carrying a basket.

"Lunch." He said, smiling. Kid was being super smiley and weird today. Whatever. He had days like that.

Let me tell you a little about our place. It's right outside of Joliet, and I'm not really sure how we found it. It's basically this zinc hole where the water is pure green and incredibly cool when it freezes over. We've spent a lot of days there this winter. We mostly go there just to talk, or when we're fighting, one of us always ends up there. It's not conveniently located, but the drive gives us time to clear our heads. It's our place. It's not the most amazing thing in the world, but it's ours.

We got there and Patrick came around to open the door for me.

"We'll have to eat in the car. It's too cold to eat out here." He grabbed my hand and took me around the back of the car. After folding down the seats, we climbed in, and Patrick took our lunch out of it's basket.

"Fajitas." I said, laughing. He pulled out some chicken.

"I got meat for me this time." I shrugged. I didn't need him to be a vegetarian. That was my thing. We ate silently, and then we got out of the car.

"Truth." He said. Truth was our game now. Whenever we wanted an honest answer about something going on in our heads, we would always start the conversation by saying 'truth'. I guess it meant a pinky promise, but with words. It wasn't a tie that bound us to no lies, just a tie that bound us to each other.

"You can count on it." I said as I wrapped my scarf around my face and walked carefully towards the hole.

"What's the point of us? What are we working towards?" I got colder. What was he doing?

"I don't know. Isn't this whole thing sort of an expedition to find out?" He nodded, and kept walking.

"Well, of course. I was just wondering if you'd found what you were expediting." I shook my head.

"If I have, I couldn't tell you. It's not something I can use words to explain. Just my heart. Just my actions. That's probably not what you were looking for." He stopped and faced me.

"You know that's always enough." He kissed me quickly, and grabbed my hand. We kept walking until we reached the hole.

Once we got there, we sat on our rock, which was the biggest rock probably in America, and didn't say anything for awhile.

"The album releases next Thursday. We're going to do a kick-off tour and a bunch of release parties in the next few months." I nodded. These were things I already knew. He continued. "AP is all over them." I looked at him.

"That's my job." He smiled.

"I called them. Said they were invited to every event. Said they should send you. You're coming with me." I couldn't believe it. Something was missing. My obsessive compulsive train of thought was saying this was impossible.

"This is impossible." So was my mouth, apparently. "AP wouldn't ever agree to that."

"Yes they would. There are plenty of reviewers just sitting on their asses waiting for an assignment. AP will have a variety of artists, but for the next few months, Fall Out Boy is sort of in the spotlight." I kissed him. "What was that for?"

"Patrick, this is the best surprise ever. I seriously didn't expect this. Thank you."

"Hasn't anyone told you? I'm the greatest guy alive." I made a face.

"Obviously, the person who told you, didn't want anyone else to know. Or they just wanted you to feel better about something. I hate to tell you this." He pushed me off of the rock. I landed on my back, laughing. Don't worry. It's not a long fall, and we frequently play 'King of the Rock', so it's a fall my body is used to. We played around for another half hour or so, before I sat back down.

"I'm ready to go. It's freezing." I said, as we got up and headed to the car.

"Where now?" He started the car, and we pulled back onto the road.

"We're going to Joe's to hang out. I know it's supposed to be an 'us' day, but the guys really wanted to see you, and it's our only da-" I cut him off.

"Don't worry about it. I want to see them too." We rode in silence for the next 20 minutes, and as we pulled into Joe's driveway, he grabbed my hand.

"I love you." I kissed him.

"I love you, too." Seriously. He's probably perfect or something.

We walked inside, and I was freaking excited to see Pete, Andy and Joe sitting in Joe's living room. Pete bombarded me.

"CEEJ!!" He screamed, giving me the biggest hug ever, which resulted in me falling to the floor. My body wasn't used to this fall, or this person on top of it, so it hurt.

"Peter, my lungs just collapsed. And my pelvis locked into my hips. Please, get up." He got up and laughed at me. I stood slowly and went to hug the other guys.

"How's the promotional shit going?" Andy laughed.

"Like promotional shit." Joe nodded.

"And they're not feeding us well." I noticed he was holding his stomach and pushing it out as far as he could. I smiled.

"I don't believe you." He shrugged. Pete spoke.

"I saw your last article in AP. Seriously, Ceej. You write well. You're funny too. Pissing people off is hilarious. Being brutally honest, even funnier." I shrugged and held my hands in the air. "I must say, though, that you should get a pen name. Daling is stupid."

He's right. The Microsoft Word program keeps telling me it's spelled wrong. You know, that stupid squiggly red line. Oh, I hate it.

"Thank you, Peter. I'm glad you've noticed that most people don't even know how to say it." Patrick spoke up.

"Seriously. It is kind of lame." I shot him a look.

"Thank you, boyfriend." Joe and Andy were all uncomfortable. I was so good at doing that to them.

"I'm just saying." Pete jumped in.

"Yeah, me too. Find a pen name." I looked at Patrick. His eyes lit up.

"You can have my last name if you want." I laughed.

"Hah. Okay. We'll trade. Patrick Daling. Dude, your last name sucks. How embarrassing." He laughed. Pete laughed too.

"That's not really what I meant. I would keep my last name too. We'd share." I laughed.

"Patrick, the only way that could happen is if-" My stomach stopped existing. His expression was unreadable. "Patrick...what are you doing?"

"I'm offering you my last name. I would really like it if you took it." He pulled a ring out of his pocket.

"My mom gave this to me at thanksgiving. I assumed it meant she really liked you." He was nervous. I couldn't blame him. I'm not sure I was breathing at that point. I took the ring from him. Then backed away. I didn't move. He didn't either.

Then, all at once, I slid it on my finger and lunged forward, kissing him. He fell back, with me, his fiancée, landing on top of him.

"Yes?" He said, breathlessly.

"Duh." I said, and kissed him again. Pete jumped up, Joe and Andy stood too. I had sort of forgotten they were there.

"THEY'RE ENGAGED!" He said, screaming. Joe and Andy clapped, and I laid my head on Patrick's chest, smiling like I've never smiled in my life.

A few hours later, I was sitting backstage at the Metro, watching Fall Out Boy play an amazing show. I loved their energy. Mostly Patrick's but all of them had an undeniable presence on stage. These were my boys.

"And just because it's the day before Valentine's day, and just because I'm all up in the spirit of love, I'd like to introduce the coolest girl in the world.-"

My ears perked up. I snapped out of what I had been thinking, and started paying attention to the voice behind the mic.

"Ladies and....mostly just Ladies, meet my Fiancée. Caroline Jane Daling. Isn't her last name terrible?" He asked, as I walked on and he put his arm around me. "It's okay, though. She's getting a new one." He kissed my cheek, and I waved as a chorus of awe's/boo' came from the crowd. Oh, well. The haters weren't going to talk him out of loving me. That night, he came back to the apartment for a couple of hours, and we laid In our bed, just...being.

"Why were we ever not together?" I asked, as Patrick was stroking my bangs out of my face.

"We were stupid, but I hardly see how it matters now. We're getting married." I smiled.

"Weird." He nodded.

"So weird." I laughed and kissed him.


Seriously. Who could ask for more than what I've got right now. I'll look back on the time Patrick and I spent away from each other, but I really won't count it as time spent apart. We called it hate, but that's not what it was. It was love. A different kind sure, but seriously, there are so many different names for the exact same thing, this is a default call. Love is love, and this is the first time I've ever known it like Patrick and I do. I'll never know it another way. Sure, that's scary, but it's exciting too. Another example of a 2 different names for the exact same thing. I guess that's my theme in this journal, and although it's about to come to an end, it's only for now. I'm not gone, and you all know it. I'll get back to you, probably months from now, but I will. You'll see my life from my point of view, and Patrick's reading this, saying he'll tell you what's going on in his hat-covered head as well. Don't worry. We're just sort of...on hiatus, as far as this journal goes. Thanks for putting up with me for twelve months and 7 bazillion words, rants, and tears; kisses, hugs, and epiphanies. Thanks for reading and being cool with me stealing one of the worlds finest boys. There's 3 available boys probably crashed at a good friends house. We might even see something happen with one of them. Who knows. Only time will tell.

Until then, Caroline Jane (barely) Daling.








Signing Off.










Note: I can't believe it. i just wrote a whole story in three (give or take) days. thanks for all of you who've been reading and reviewing. seriously. this is my baby story. i'm so sad it to see it go. i've got another one (not a patrick story) in the works. i hope you all check it out as soon as it's posted. thanks again!

sarah.
Sign up to rate and review this story