Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 14

by LOVELA 1 review

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-26 - Updated: 2006-09-27 - 1109 words

1Original
"Pete, you have to be quiet. My mom got home tonight," I said in a loud whisper.

Pete and I had stumbled home from Andy's around four in the morning, and since Pete was in no condition to face his parents, I opted for him to stay at my house.

"How do you do it," he asked me as we stood on my front step.

"Do what?" I asked trying to get my key in the lock. It was rather difficult being that is was dark and I was intoxicated. Pete just leaned against the door unaware of my difficulties since he could barely keep his eyes open.

"How do you stay so sober?" he asked and giggled a little.

"I'm not sober," I said laughing at him. "I'm just not as drunk as you," I said simply getting the door open.

"This should be the other way around," he said as I grabbed his arm to pull him inside.

"Meaning what?" I asked kicking off my shoes and trying to get Pete's off, but he was too involved in his philosophy of the evening.

"I should be the one helping you. I'm supposed to be your knight in shining armor," he said sounding disappointed with himself.

"Oh Pete, there is going to be plenty of time for you to help me," I said finally getting his shoes off.

"That's right," he said pointing at me but then becoming very interesting in his finger.

"Come on. And be quiet," I said pulling him up the stairs.

I successfully got Pete into my room with the door shut. I let out a big sigh. My mom was an extremely heavy sleeper, so the chances were slim to none that she would wake up. I pulled Pete's shirt off and started to undo his belt.

"Izzy! What are you doing?" he asked giggling and falling backwards on my bed.

"Do you want to sleep in your clothes? It's not like I haven't seen you in your boxers before, Pete," I said out of breath from all the work I had to do to get him to bed.

"I can do it myself," he said taking more time than it should to get his pants off.

If I hadn't had so much to drink myself, I would probably be blushing, but all inhibitions went out the door around midnight.

I walked into my walk-in closet and changed into my pajama pants and a tank-top. When I came back out Pete was under the covers. I smiled at him. He looked so adorable. He must have noticed that I was staring because he slowly opened his eyes and looked over at me. He smiled back.

"Are you coming?" he asked. I just nodded and crawled into bed next to him. We put our arms around each other and looked into one another's eyes.

"Hey," he said quietly to me.

"Hey," I said back. He leaned in and kissed me sweetly on the lips.

"Sweet dreams," he said and yawned slightly.

"You too," I said and turned to switch off the light. Pete wrapped his arms around me and fell asleep quickly. I just smiled to myself and soon drifted off to sleep as well.

-----------------------------------

I woke up to the phone ringing, but it had stopped before I could answer it. I just smiled when I noticed that Pete still had his arms around me. My smiled quickly faded when I could hear my mom's voice.

"I'll go get her." I heard in the other room. I then could hear her footsteps coming up the stairs.

"SHIT" I hissed loudly. "Pete. Pete get up," I whispered loudly shaking Pete severely.

"What? What?" he asked looking around disoriented.

"My mom is coming to my room. You gotta get on the floor," I said pushing him over towards the edge of the bed.

"What?" he asked shocked.

"Go!" I almost yelled as he fell to the floor with a thud.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I asked sounding tired.

I prayed Pete would stay quiet. He was lying on floor between the wall and the bed. Thank god I had a bed skirt that hung to the floor, so my mom wouldn't see him.

"Izzy. The phone is for you," my mom said opening up my door.

"Who is it?" I asked sounding annoyed.

"I dunno honey," she said and smiled at me.

"Alright. Thank you," I said and reached for my phone and watched my mom shut the door as she left.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Isabelle, it's Mrs. Wentz," she said into the phone not sounding as frantic the last time I talked to her.

"Hi," I said simply.

"Do you know where Pete is? I called the boys, but I can't get an answer out of any of them," she said sounding discouraged.

I knew exactly why she couldn't get a hold of them. Joe, Ady, and Andy had all passed out in Andy's garage, which is exactly where Pete would be if I didn't bring him home with me.

"He slept on Andy's couch last night. They are probably still sleeping," I said looking at my clock noticing it was only 9:00 a.m.

"Oh, well. Alright. Thanks Isabelle," she said and hung up the phone. I hated talking to his parents.

"Pete?" I asked.

"Ohhh," I heard him moan from the floor. I peaked my head over the bed and saw him lying on his back.

"I'm sorry," I said laughing. He looked at me with one open eye.

"Not only does my head hurt from being extremely hung over, but now my ass hurts as well," he mumbled not moving.

"And what a cute ass it is," I said giggling.

"You find this funny?" he asked bolting up so his head was level with mine.

"Just a little," I said showing an amount on my fingers.

"Oh funny huh? Ah ha ha," he said in a mock laugh. "Let's laugh at Pete in pain," he said putting on a pout.

"Oh, come up here," I said grabbing at his arm.

"No," he said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Please?" I asked batting my eyes at him.

"Well, how could I resist that look," he smiled and hopped up into bed with me. We snuggled under the covers. Pete brushed my hair out of my face gently.

"Your mom called," I whispered.

"I figured," he said laughing a little. "Thanks for covering for me again."

"Anytime," I smiled as we touched foreheads together. I felt so comfortable being in his arms. It was perfect.
Sign up to rate and review this story