Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Goes Around...Comes Around...Lost and Found...Love

You Are My Life...Anna

by ilex 1 review

Severus drops his last shred of reserve - as far as Anastasia...Anna, is concerned.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angelina Johnson, Arthur Weasley, Barty Crouch Jr., Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Blaise Zabini, Cho, Colin Creevey, Crabbe, Dean Thomas, Dobby, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Ernie, Fleur, Flitwick, Fred, George, Ginny, Goyle, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, James, - Warnings: [!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2006-09-27 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 2353 words

1Original





Chapter 42





You are my life...Anna





"Severus, there you are! Back from Malfoy's funeral, I take it."



"Hello, Christopher. Yes, but I'm going back to the manor for a few hours. Any word from Anastasia?"



"Not directly, but she's returning to Hogwarts this evening after dinner. She was going stir crazy at Gwen's, so it's just as well."



"Ah, yes, the house boat. Anastasia told me it was fine for a visit, but too small for her, by half. I imagine she was crawling the walls." Severus shook his head. "To have Anastasia as a recovering patient; be sure and give Gwen my sympathy and my thanks for being there for her."



"Done, but don't worry about our Gwen; she's more than equal to Anna in the stubborn department. They'll have gotten along well enough for three days under the circumstances." Christopher gave Severus a searching look. "Seriously, Severus, I do have some concerns about Anna dealing with the fact of having killed another human being, even someone a despicable as Lucius Malfoy. Albus said she cried a bit at the hospital when he visited, but closed up and wouldn't talk about it much after that. If you don't mind me giving you some advice..."



"Of course not, Christopher."



"Just be there for her. Open your arms and gather her in. Don't talk, just hold her; she'll let it out then. I know Anna and she needs a good cry and a long hug. Then she can start to deal with it properly. If it can't be me, I'm glad it's you."



"That's gracious of you, Christopher. I'm just thankful she's still with us. I have never been more frightened in my life as when the Headmaster and Lupin came to my chambers to tell me of the attack. For just a second, my heart stopped. He was quick to reassure me that she was just wounded. Anastasia wounded...that must have been an awfully well orchestrated attack to..." Looking up, Severus saw Christopher smiling and stopped in mid-sentence. "What is so amusing?"



"Severus, she'll have to tell you herself. Just trust me; you will see her in a whole new light."



"I don't understand."



"Just let her tell you, in her own good time, after she gets through her crying jag. Tell you what, I'll send the dogs to alert you when she returns."



"Splendid. Thank you."



"Think nothing of it, old man."



X # X # X



Closing the door to the D.A.D.A. classroom behind her, Anna leaned back against it and heaved a sigh of relief.



"Winky, we're back."



"Yes, Missy Anna. I is happy to be here, too."



"Well, let's get unpacked, shall we?"



As they floated the various bags up the stairs to Anna's chambers, the classroom door opened and Dobby popped his head around the edge.



"Dobby!" Winky squeaked and forgetting the luggage, ran to him for a big welcoming hug.



"Hello, Dobby!" Anna called from the top of the stairs, as she settled the bags on the floor in front of the wardrobe.



"Missy Anna! I is glad to see you and Winky are back safe."



Anna noticed his arm was around Winky's shoulder and she smiled to herself.



"Come in and you can keep us company while we unpack."



"Yes, Dobby, you come in." Winky tugged his hand and led him to Anna's chambers. "I is having so much to tell you!"



"And Dobby is wanting to hear the whole story, Winky. We is all hearing how brave you is." Dobby was almost to the top of the stairs when he stopped. "Oh! Dobby is almost forgetting! I is to tell Doctor Jones when Missy Anna is getting here. Dobby is coming right back." He turned to leave.



"Wait, Dobby." Anna stopped him. "There's an easier way."



Looking to Christopher's picture, put her fingers in her mouth and whistled shrilly. In a few seconds, barking was heard and Beau and Chester bounded into the frame, wagging their tails and jumping around, glad to see Anna again.



"Hello, you two good old things. Where's Christopher?"



"Right her, my dear," answered her late husband as he, too, stepped into the picture. "Well, you made good time." Looking at the dogs, he gave them a command. "Go tell Severus, boys, he'll be waiting."

The dogs bounded away as Christopher turned back to Anna. "Promised I'd send them the minute you got back. He's very anxious to see you."



"I know. Lord, this must have been so hard on him."



"Frankly, he was worried sick until you were declared safe and resting at Gwen's."



"Now I'm back /here/, safe and sound and that's one less worry."



"And one more worry line."



"I'll just have to work on his smile lines."



"Hussy!"



"Strange, that's what Severus calls me." Anna grinned at Christopher and wagged her eyebrows. He grinned and shook his head.



"I've got to get unpacked while I'm in the mood, so if you'll excuse me, dear."



"I'm glad you're back, Anna." Christopher blew her a kiss. "I'll just toddle off and inform Albus that you're here."



"Trust me, he'll already know."



"No doubt, but this will be the official word. Ta!"



X # X # X



Entering the D.A.D.A. classroom, Severus heard voices coming from Anna's chambers and hesitated, until he recognized Dobby and Winky's high pitched giggles and chatter. Closing the door gently, he walked slowly and quietly to the front of the classroom and then up the stairs, listening to Winky's version of what had happened.



"Then Professor Lupin is appearing and he is looking around at those bad wizards and smiling. 'All right, Winky?' he is asking. I nods. 'Where is Missy Anna?' he is asking when we is hearing a bang and he is running out the front door. I is going to follow him but then Missy Tonks and that tall wizard..."



"Kingsley Shacklebolt."



"Yes, Miss, him, they is there and I is trying to listen to what is happening and there is another bang and I is telling them to hurry outside and they is running and then they is bringing Miss Anna back inside and she is bleeding and I is so scared. But they is saying she is just needing to go to St. Mungo's. I is wanting to go with her, but Mister Mad-Eye says Winky should stay and close up the house and Missy Tonks is staying and helping Winky. So we did and then we goes to St. Mungo's."



"Winky was very brave, Dobby, and really did her part, very courageously, to help me. I am very, very proud of her."



"As am I," added Severus as he stepped through the door into the room. "I want to thank you myself, Winky, for being such a loyal, good house elf to your 'Missy Anna'." He bent over and offered his hand, which Winky shook tentatively, turning bright red and giggling.



"Thank you, Professor Snape, sir," Winky whispered.



Dobby beamed and looked at Anna, who winked at him and nodded.



"Dobby, Winky, why don't you two go downstairs and visit with the other house elves; I'm sure they would enjoy hearing all about our adventure." Anna suggested.



"Yes, Missy Anna. I is wanting to see them, too. Come, Dobby, let's go. Goodnight, Missy Anna. Goodnight, Professor Snape."



"Goodnight, you two."



"Goodnight, and thank you, again, Winky." Severus bowed to her, slightly, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. Winky blushed and Dobby took her hand and led her, giggling, out of the room and down the steps.



X # X # X



Severus and Anna stood facing each other until they heard the classroom door close, and then he held out his arms and she walked straight into his protective embrace. For a moment, there was silence, then Anna let out a sob and his arms tightened. Her body jerked as another sob escaped from deep inside her.



"Go ahead, darling," he whispered, "I'll just stand here and hold you."



That did it. Anna finally let go of all the pent up emotions that had been welling up inside her heart and soul. Severus held her close and rocked her gently.



After a while, the sobs slowed, then the crying tapered off and she lifted her head. Severus reached for and grabbed a handful of tissues from a nearby table. Holding a few to her nose, he instructed, "Blow!"

Her eyes crinkled at the corners but she did as she was told, "Honk!"



"I said blow, little girl, not explode!"



She hiccupped and pulled back to swat him on the chest, smiling wanly, but he gathered her back in his arms.



"I think not. The first hug was for you, this one is for me." he said, huskily, as he pulled her close and buried his face in her hair. "I'm just thankful I have you in my arms again and I may never let you out of my sight for the rest of you natural life."



She hugged him back and they stood there, silent for a long, long time before he loosened his hold on her. Looking down, he smiled and then kissed her gently.



"For your information, last week I came as close to needing you, in your capacity as a Healer, I mean, as I ever hope to in this lifetime. When the Headmaster and Lupin walked into my chambers, the look on Remus' face nearly gave me heart failure. I knew something terrible had happened to you. There was no other reason for him to be at Hogwarts. I feared the worst...that you were dead."



"Well, I'm not and if it hadn't been for that dumb old clock, I'd..."



"Hold on...clock, what clock? What are you talking about?"



"You'd better sit down."



"Why should I have to sit down?"



"When I tell you what really happened, you're bound to fall down laughing and hurt yourself."



Severus eyebrow shot up.



"Very well..." He walked to the bed and sat, crossing his arms. "I'm sitting...begin."



"I was felled and grievously injured by a grandfather clock. Crabbe, Goyle, Macnair and Lucius never touched me or inflicted any harm on my person. In my defense, I did have to fling Winky out of the way, thereby shortening my own reaction time by just the second I could have used to move out of the way and miss being crushed by the clock. There! Feel free to laugh."



She turned and looked at Severus, who was still sitting, not moving a muscle, staring off into space with a slightly stunned expression on his face.



"Severus..? Severus, say something."



He swiveled his head toward her, focusing on her. "A clock, a grandfather clock did all that damage?"



"Yes, an eight foot tall, extremely heavy, thick, old oak, brass and glass grandfather clock, which, by the way, I never did like much."



He closed his eyes, Anna watching him with interest. Slowly his mouth turned up at the corners and grew into a wide grin and his body started shaking in silent laughter. After a minute he stopped shaking, opened his eyes and looked at Anna.



"You realize, of course, that your reputation for speed and agility is ruined, totally."



"Only if people - present company included- open their big mouths."



"Oh...no. I'm going to keep this all to myself, cherish it and as you tell me the details - and you will tell me all of them - nourish the memory as my own private treasure."



"You, Severus Snape, are the world's biggest PUTZ!"



"No, my dear, a putz would be standing on the Astronomy tower, shouting the story for all of Hogwarts and the world to hear. You are the only one who could spread the true story. I will not tell a soul. It will henceforth be saved for my own private amusement."



"Humph!"



Severus stood and walking over to Anna, picked her up and carried her to the bed, where he rather unceremoniously dumped her in the middle and then lay down beside her. He reached out and started unbuttoning her blouse.



Anna smacked his hand. "What do you think you are doing?"



"I am going to undress you and make love to you. Why? Did your Healer say your injuries would prevent you from taking part in such activities?"



"Healer Pye doesn't know I do such activities, but Gwen, come to think of it, did suggest a bit of physical therapy for me, to help the healing."



"That sounds like a splendid recommendation. I must remember to thank Gwen, the next time I see her. I've never heard this called physical therapy before, but I'm willing to try a new activity with you, for your health's sake." He reached again for her buttons.



"You will be gentle with me, won't you? After all, there isn't much written about grandfather clock injuries. Maybe we should take notes, for scientific research purposes, you understand." Anna started unbuttoning Severus sleeve.



"Of course. I'll write an entire, detailed paper on the subject if you think it would prove informative."



"Don't be daft. Just kiss me."



"One moment, love." Severus took his wand and flipped it at the door, which swung closed and sealed itself. "We can't have interruptions during our research." He laid his wand on the bedside table.



"Let's see, physical therapy should improve my stamina, deep breathing, muscle tone, endurance. Hmmm, I'm going to feel much better when this session is finished."



Slipping her arms around his neck, she looked up into his eyes. He ran his hand down her side, making her shiver.



"You seem in excellent shape to me, right now, little girl of mine."



"I feel better already, with your arms around me." Anna gave him a small smile, and then her brows knit together slightly. "Severus, help me forget for awhile. I've had to face so much hatred and death lately...show me love Severus, show me your love."



"You are my life...Anna." He kissed her gently. Then as she pulled him to her, he granted her request.




Sign up to rate and review this story