Categories > Original > Romance > Forgotten Moon

Forgotten Moon

by Araco 3 reviews

The world can change with a simple word. To find out that your whole life is a lie, that your crush loves you back and that you can change into a wolf any time you like is bitter sweet. Can she kee...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-27 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 1816 words

2Insightful
Chapter I
Bad News
All the characters and Ideas of this story are owned by me, unless otherwise informed. -Araco Wolfwind MKD
I have changed it so that it is easier to read...As requested...But it didn't work so Im going to write the second chapter then try to fix them both
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter I
Bad News


The full moon was beautiful in my eyes as always, I felt my blood begin to boil in the bubbling excitement. I ran the two blocks to the park, singing as I went. My voice caring all the way to the park. My long legs moving swiftly and my white hair flying behind me. I never understand, but the moon light always makes me happy and energetic.
I run up the hill to find my best friend looking at me. I've known him forever, I have been in love with him since I was five. "Hey, Felan " I yelled gleefully jumping on him, then I see his face. His black hair was shading his deep green eyes.
"Cahira, I'm sorry." Felan said as I look at him with my smile fading. Now as he looks up to me I can see the tears glistening in his eyes.
"What's wrong Felan?" I look at him, how could anyone be so sad on a moonlit night like tonight.
"I've lied to you Cahira." He looked at me. I have known him for 12 years and this was not like him. He always made me laugh and had teased me with a smile always. I had known him for most of my life and this was a drastic contrast to him.
"You never lie to me, well not about important shit." I reassume but it only seems to make things worse. 'Way to go Cahira.' I think to myself
Suddenly he looks up and his eyes become lighter. "Cahira, I am not what you think." He said looking away "I'm so sorry, I have to tell you, if they find out, which they will, then they will take me away from you, I probably would not live, but I can't let this go on." a single tear fell from his eye. He then growled, which I have never heard from him, hell he even teased me for it calling me a bitch or wolf girl. I always liked that joke. I smiled at the memory.
"If who finds out? Who's they?" I ask afraid now, afraid that Felan would be taken away from me as I realize his words and they hit me full force.
"The government, they found out about us Cahira...They found out about the wolves." He said looking into my eyes. The eyes that I loved so much filled me with truth, nothing in the world would make me believe a story like that, except for those eyes. Then fear raced through my veins like ice water and shivers went up my back."We're wolves, my family, yes my mother is an Asian wolf and my father an American wolf, but still all blooded wolves. My family had heard of a rummer that one of the great ones were caught. He was a legend, they made him..." a rumbling growl erupt from kind Felan's throat "They made him mate with a human. Then they took the pup, a snow white pup, the only one he ever sired" he looked at me with a sad look then looked away and whispered " then they took you and put you in a human pack. They would pay off people around you to watch you. People close to you." Another tear escaped his eyes "But my family was black mailed and threaten because..." he looked me in the eye again, they strong emotions there over whelming me " ...because I fell in love with you." he said it with a soft smile and a few tears. "But Im done with this collar they put on me, they told me never to love you, they wanted to set a mate for you, Government breeding." Again a growl rumbled. " To see if it was possible just like your parents, but tonight, April 2, is your 18th full moon and you should be celebrating it with your pack, not finding out about it." He smiled at me "Im not sure, but you need to run tonight, get away, dye your hair or go feral." he said to me fearfully.
For the first time I spoke "How Felan, how am I going to run, I have no money, no supplies, and no way of travel." I cried looking at him as realization of what he said hit me. My parents weren't really mine, my sister a fake, my friends paid to watch me. I cried and held onto the only thing that was not spinning out of my control, Felan. "I don't want to run Felan, not from my life, I have collage and family. Grams and G&G, my cousin, who's just three last fall. My sister and art class to finish, and you. I don't want to leave, for all the hell I went through always feeling special but never knowing for sure, always feeling like my friends and family weren't really mine. I don't want to leave it all behind" I sobbed into his chest, crying for the loss of a life tonight, for the death of a young girl that love the moon and the sun, for the death of a soul just about to find her spot in life, I cried for a death, that death would be mine. Slowly I calmed a slight bit. "If I run tonight, if I leave this all behind, you will come with me right? We can start a new life together, we can live happily together right?" I looked into his eyes with a pleading glint in them, I needed his strength through this. I could be strong through my friends cold hearts, paid to watch me, I could live through with scars but live of my parents not being with my real ones, I could even live through having to dealwith evil people, but to run, alone and with no were to go? Not that my soul was not that strong.
He sadly shook his head and the tears flowed again from my eyes, "I can't go with you Cahira, they will be here soon and I have to through them off your trail.' He looked around just to make sure no one was coming and pulled me closer, the sky was lit only by the moon and stars. "Now you need to learn to change for me Cahira. Calm yourself and think of the moon, of the power it holds, feel it with in you." he said calmly, I though I could feel the power stir in my heart, the one that had kept me awake many nights before trying to use it, but always failing. "Think of the power now take some of mine" he crushed our lips together and suddenly I felt a wave of power rush through me. He deepened it and his tongue danced on my lower lip, I opened for him and another wave of power hit me in the heart. I let it flow through my body and my body shivered in bliss. Then suddenly pain shot up my back, I wanted to scream but Felan's lips were smothering the sound. Power flooded my veins and made them boil with his power. The kiss depend as my bones shifted painfully. Felan held me in place as my legs lengthened and changed. The power and blood pulsed in my ear and all I could think was with a muzzle will we still be able to kiss? Then suddenly Im let go and the pain is gone with a small pop of my jaw.
Sitting on the ground huffing was Felan smiling with a tired look. "See that wasn't too bad was it?" He said smiling at me. He gulped down air like a man in the desert gulps water. "You took a lot of power." He gasped they basked in the moon looking at it.
"Will you be ok, Felan?" I said, though not through my lips but through my head. I could feel it leave and I could direct it if I felt like it in a strange way.
"Oh, good so you aren't mute and def as we always thought, you just needed the extra power." He smiled his eyes glistening again, you are as beautiful as I imagined you would be." He grinned at me then got up and found a pack laying on the ground I had not seen. " I got food and water in here, all my money saved up and more clothes for you. This will last you a while till you find out what you are willing to do. Stay to the forest and never ever change in front of humans, even if you think they are trust worthy. Wolves never show themselves to the humans." He sighed putting the pack away. I looked at the pack and noticed to my surprise that I was snow white with slate grey points on my shoulder and lower legs. "You kept your blue eyes," Felan said, then closed his beautiful eyes and changed into a large wolf completely black, in front of me. His fur was thick and reflected the moon light in a blue glow. He was the greatest thing I had ever seen. "I love you, forever." He whimpered before nuzzling his nose into my fur. His black fur a drastic different from my white fur. Then he licked my snout "You are the child of the king, never forget that, OK?" He said to me, his voice in my head as I look into the yellow wolf eyes.
Suddenly a yell come form the road. A black van was parked and people were coming. All I could think was, 'God is this the movies?' My hackles stood up as I watched them, then I heard a great growl from next to me.
"Run Cahira For the life that I gave up for you run." Felan said as he ran forward into the mass of men running toward us. He hit the first one from a jump and snarled as he bit the man in the throat. I turned before I could see the man die and was gone before he hit the ground.



End of Chapter 1
To be continued....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you like the story please review if you have some nice pointers I would love to have them. If
no one likes my story I will not continue, if people ask for more I will ablige, I have about 60
pages in hand writing done already. The pages I did were 2 pg of hand and 3 of type, please tell
me what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story