Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Gentle Embrace

Chapter 1 - Time to Let Go

by SSF 0 reviews

Letting go was the hardest thing he ever had to do. He just never thought he'd lose it all. (Tohma x Shuichi, based off the 30_hugs themes and others. Very much on the AU side)

Category: Gravitation - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Shuichi, Tohma - Warnings: [?] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-08-03 - Updated: 2006-08-03 - 346 words

0Moving
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot.

---------------

He hated what he was about to do and he hated himself for having to be the one to make such a decision. Guilt flooded his senses as he signed the papers that would take his youthful lover away from him. Once the papers were signed, Tohma rose to his feet and walked out of the room. He needed to get out, to get away from those damned doctors, and to go see his lover one final time. To say goodbye.

As he started to leave the room, a nurse stopped him and offered him a sympathetic smile. He hated such smiles.

"You're doing the right thing," she told him. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

He wanted to scream at her, to demand how it could be the right thing to kill the one you loved most in the world and who had loved you back just as much. He was letting go when all he wanted to do was hold on as tightly as he possibly could. Instead, he just nodded and continued on his way. He had to go, he had to get in there before the doctors. He wanted one final moment alone with the one he had just condemned to death. Quietly, Tohma slipped into the room where his lover slept, peaceful and dreamless.

For a moment, he simply stared at the lithe form laying on the bed. The life support machines that surrounded the younger man made him appear smaller than his actual stature. Now was the time for goodbye but all Tohma wanted to do was hold him one final time and to apologize.

Carefully, he sat on the bed and lifted the petite form into a sitting position. He shouldn't have but it no longer mattered. The younger man had not woken in two years and would never wake up again. Too much time had passed for that to happen. Tohma pulled his lover close and squeezed his eyes shut, willing away the tears.

"I'm so sorry, Shuichi. I've failed you."
Sign up to rate and review this story