Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Untold Hufflepuff

The Untold Hufflepuff

by HPismyforte 1 review

One wrong house, one wrong Malfoy.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2020-10-09 - 1415 words - Complete

0Unrated
CHAPTER 1: Hufflepuff!

“Bellatrix! Come!” I smiled one more time to the mirror and then took the stair two at a time. When I hit the floor, Mother was staring at me with Father behind her. “A lady does not run. Or bound down the stair. I hope you do not keep this up at Hogwarts. Draco’s in the family room. Come.” I pouted but followed. You see, I’m a Malfoy. And a Malfoy upholds the family honour.

When we get into the family room, Draco is there, as expected. Draco is a perfect Malfoy. He has their blonde hair, their grey eyes, and their masked expression, like nothing can hurt them. I’m different. I have black hair, for one. For two, my eyes are blue. And I can’t control my emotions. It makes life hard. I have kept in my room anytime anyone came over. This way, I couldn’t disgrace myself or them.

Anyways, Father grabbed Draco’s arm and Mother grabbed mine. POP! We were at King’s Cross. We stepped out of the bathroom. The place was busy, so I looked around. A black-haired boy was looking bewildered, probably a muggle-I mean a mudblood. See? I can’t even say the right things. There was a huge red-headed family. The Weasley’s. There was a ton of muggles. The place was full. We started walking casually towards the platform. Leaning casually against the wall, the last thing I heard was “Mommy look! Their disappearing!”

Coming out, I grabbed my trunk and my owl, Mistletoe. “Owl us, dear,” Mother said, looking concerned. I smiled. “I will. You’ll see Missy in no time.” Then I started to the train, knowing that for a couple of months, I wouldn’t see them. Draco followed me on and said, “I’m heading to Crabbe and Goyle, wanna come?” I closed my eyes and said, “Who and who?” He smirked and walked away, so I slid into a compartment.

“Hello. Who’re you?” I looked up at the voice. It was coming from a boy about my age. His skin was dark and his hair was too. His eyes were a soft brown. “Hi! I’m…” I hesitated. I didn’t have to be known as Bellatrix or Bella. “Trixie.” He smiled and said, “Trixie, huh? I’m Blaise.” I squinted and tried to think. “What?” he asked, looking around as if I were searching for something. “I remember your name, I just can’t think of why.” He smirked and shook his head.

“Er… Can we come in?” I looked up to see who ‘we’ were. It was a Weasley and the black-haired boy. “Sure!” I said as Blaise moved next to me to make room. “I’m Harry, this is Ron.” I smiled and said, “I’m Trixie and this is-” Blaise interrupted, “I’m Blaise. Oh, and Trixie I forgot. I was supposed to ask you if you were pureblooded.”

“Why does it matter?” Ron asked at the same time Harry asked, “What’s pureblooded?”

I looked at all of them. “Blaise, yes. Ron, it doesn’t to you, but it does to our families. And Harry, it means you come from all wizard lineage.” They all stared at me as if I was from another planet. “You're gonna be a Ravenclaw if you’re not in Slytherin,” Blaise said, admirably.

I immediately pouted. “What?” Harry asked. I replied, “I’m supposed to be in Slytherin, you know, for the family, but I don’t know. I might be in Gryffindor.” Harry looked confused so I said, “They’re the houses. At Hogwarts, you get sorted into different houses. There’s Slytherin, they are the ambitious ones and the cunning ones too. Gryffindor is for the brave, that’s where most the Weasley’s have been.” I gestured to Ron. “Hufflepuff is where the supposed proud are but everyone just thinks that they’re weak. And Ravenclaw is the smart ones.” He nodded and said, “Bet I’m in Hufflepuff.” I shook my head, “Naw, you’re a Gryffindor or a Slytherin.” I gestured to Ron again, “He’s a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor. And Blaise and I are probably Slytherin. It’s in the family.” Blaise looked confused. “Are you a Runcorn? Or a Crabbe? Goyle?” I shook my head for what seemed like the millionth time. “I’m a Malfoy.” Ron gaped and so did Blaise. “A-a-a M-m-malfoy? Wh-wh-what? You-you’re family are jerks. If you so much as t-t-touch m-m-me I’ll-I’ll-” I smirked. “You’ll what? Stammer at me?” He shook his finger and looked about ready to pass out. “Look. I get it. My parents and my brother can be mean to mudblood-I mean muggle-borns. But I’m not. Okay?” He still looked suspicious but nodded. Harry opened his mouth but I said, “A muggle-born is someone born from muggles. Non-magic folk. And he got upset because Malfoy is a pureblooded family with a reputation for bullying muggles and muggle-borns. Also a rep for the Dark Lord.” He tilted his head so I said, “You-know-who?” He nodded with understanding but still looked confused. I put it off and looked out the window for the rest of the ride.



“Firs’ years! Firs’ years over ‘ere.” I searched for the source of the voice when someone grabbed me. “Bella, come one.” It was Draco. I hurried after him. “This is Crabbe, and this is Goyle,” he said, pointing at huge boys with lots of muscle. “And this is Theo,” he said, pointing this time a scrawny boy with brown hair. I nodded then introduced Blaise who asked, “How come you called her Bella?” Draco looked at me weirdly. “That’s her name. Bellatrix. Bella for short.” Blaise shook his head and replied, “She said to call her Trixie.” Draco raised an eyebrow but nodded.

We followed the big guy, whose name according to Draco is Scumbag Muggle-lover Hagrid. I shook my head at the name. When we got to the boats, Theo, Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco got into a boat. Blaise, I, and two kids that introduced themselves as Tracey Davis and Lisa Turpin got into another one. We got out of the boats at the shore and were introduced to Professor McGonagall who took us into a hall. When she disappeared, Draco leaned towards Theo and started whispering. Hmm.

Professor McGonagall came back and led us to the Great Hall. There, she placed a hat on a stool. It opened it’s mouth and began to sing.

Oh, you may not think I’m pretty,
But don

“Oh, you may not think I’m pretty,
But don’t judge on what you see,
I’ll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I’m the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There’s nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can’t see,
So, try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So, put me on! Don’t be afraid!
And don’t get in a flap!
You’re in safe hand (though I have none)
For I’m a Thinking Cap!”


When it was my turn to be sorted, I stepped up to the stool and put one the hat. "A strange one." Hearing it's voice almost made me jump off the seat. "Yes. You have brains, like your mother. But pride, like your father. Well, you could go in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor."

"Please, please, put me in Slytherin."

"But that is not where you have aptitude. Yes, I know... HUFFLEPUFF!" I nearly fell off of the stool, but instead took off the hat and set it down. Wondering how I was going to survive in Hufflepuff.

That night, no one talked to me so I just fell onto my bed and went to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story