Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > [ Fatality Is Like Ghosts In The Snow ]

[ Fatality Is Like Ghosts In The Snow ] Chapter Four

by nine 0 reviews

Four

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 1076 words

0Unrated
Four
September 27th, 2006
7:16 AM

Frank rubbed his eyes tiredly, a yawn distorting his mouth for a bare moment. Jesus Christ, he was tired. He'd been up most of the night, his thoughts drifting from Santa Rose to the story Trent had told them, which had been related to Mikey, Ray and Bob that night, well into the early morning, by Gerard.
Then, when his mind had drifted to Trent, he couldn't shake it off. The scene the night before kept playing in his head.
He was grateful, then, when Gerard walked into the bus. His gratitude turned to apprehension when he saw that Gerard's eyes were uneasy and almost afraid. He was on his feet before the older man said anything.
"What happened?"
"It's Chris," Gerard said. "He's can't find Trent and he's afraid he's gone to meet with Krishna."
"Oh, shit," Frank mumbled and barreled past Gerard, into the hot, humid air outside.
"Have you seen Trent?" Chris asked as soon as he was out.
"No," Frank said after a moment. "What makes you think he went to Krishna?"
"He mentioned it last night. He said something about knowing where the leech was and talking to him. Dave tried to talk him out of it..." Chris lowered his head, thinking, dark hair falling into his eyes. "I don't think Krishna will kill him. Not yet."
I hope not.
--
Trent swallowed hard, glancing around him. The room was small and dusty; it had taken a considerable amount of skill to get in undetected.
But he'd done it. Hell, he deserved something for that. Krishna's lair was notoriously well-guarded.
Keeping close to the wall, he silently ascended the stairs, casting a fleeting look at the passage ahead. No one. Everyone seemed to be asleep. Of course they would be-they'd all gotten fat and lazy like the ticks they were, sleeping in the daytime like the old legends.
When he got out of the passage, into the main chambers, he had to be careful. There was a metallic scent that took him a little while to identify, but when he did he knew what it was-blood. The blatant air in the stronghold sickened him.
He pushed that out of his mind for the moment. For the moment he had to concentrate on Krishna. Finding him.
His hand itched for a knife when he saw the familiar symbol etched on the door just ahead. He pushed the door open a crack and glanced inside.
Krishna was lying on his back, stretched out on the long, black-suede sofa in the center of the room.
Trent had learned, long ago, that the most evil things in the word are frequently the most beautiful. The master of Santa Rose was no exception.
His hair was long and black; it would probably hang to his shoulder blades when he stood. His skin was a dark caramel color, hinting at an Indian or Hispanic heritage, although Indian would make more sense. He was only wearing black pants that hugged a body Trent tried valiantly not to stare at. That was it. No shirt, no shoes, no jewelry. A knife was on the floor next to a hand that hung off the edge of the couch.
Trent inched closer. If he could just get the blade...
Krishna's hand closed around the knife and his black eyes snapped open.
Shit!
Trent backed up but found the door inexplicably closed.
"Jared," the vampire said dryly. The two simple syllables-Jared-sent a hot wave of anger coursing through Trent's mind. "What a completely expected interruption."
But his eyes gleamed with amusement as he said it.
So maybe he wouldn't kill. For now.
That was a good thing.
"Krishna," Trent acknowledged.
"To what do I owe this... I'd call it an honor, but I know it's considered impolite in human society to lie... and I know how much you would know about that."
Trent's eyes hardened. "I want some terms," he said, his voice flat and cold.
"Yes?" Krishna prompted.
"There are five humans and three other vampires on the outskirts of Santa Rose, as I'm sure you know," Trent said, still speaking in that dead voice. "I want you to let them go free. They aren't in the city yet and you've got no reason to hurt them."
"I would think the leader of the rebel faction would have a more persuasive argument," Krishna said, his voice amused.
"I would think the leader of a township of vampires would have a better plan than to kill anyone that comes their way," Trent replied flatly.
Before Trent could move, Krishna had wrapped his long fingers in his hair, forcing his head back, baring his throat.
"You are mine," Krishna said, staring him in the eyes. "Blood, body, mind and soul, little halfling, you are mine and always will be. Remember that next time you decide to get cocky." Krishna flung him away. Trent stayed on his feet, glaring defiantly at him.
"You have twelve hours to get out of the state," Krishna said. "Don't bother rallying your pitiful troops and don't bother retaliating. Nothing will come of it."
"What if we don't leave?"
The other vampire shrugged and said, "We'll kill your disgraceful friends and keep the humans."
"You won't break them," Trent said calmly. "They're too strong for you." Most of them were, he thought, thinking of Ray and Gerard. There was no way they'd let themselves be broken by this bastard. Ray was too proud. Ray would die before that happened.
"We'll see about that. Leave, Jared."
Trent stayed standing. "I haven't been Jared for years," he said, his fists clenching inside his pockets. "I go by Trent now." He was only half-aware of what he was talking about-he was too busy taking in as many details of the room as he could.
"I really don't care." Krishna's eyes hardened. "Leave while you can still walk. Remember what I said: Twelve hours. Twelve hours, Jared, leave while you can."
Trent walked out of the room, his movements angry, like those of a caged animal. He had to warn them. They had to leave.
Who the fuck did he think he was convincing? There was no way any of the My Chem boys would leave-nor, for that matter, would Chris, Dave or Jeff.
Maybe Frank was right.
Maybe they would beat Krishna, once and for all.
And maybe, just maybe, Trent would live through this.
But he doubted it.
Sign up to rate and review this story