Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Goes Around...Comes Around...Lost and Found...Love

One last kiss

by ilex 0 reviews

Know that old cliché; 'parting is such sweet sorry'? Well, here's proof.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angelina Johnson, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Blaise Zabini, Cho, Colin Creevey, Crabbe, Dean Thomas, Dobby, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Ernie, Fleur, Flitwick, Fred, George, Ginny, Goyle, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, James, Justin, Kingsley, - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 2164 words

2Ambiance





Chapter 53



One last kiss





"Is he a Muggle?" Harry asked the Headmaster as the smoke floated up the chimney.



"No, he's a Muggle born Wizard who decided he could better serve both Magical and Muggle worlds with spiritual guidance. We've been friends for ages."



Turning his attention to the D.A. members, Dumbledore called them to him.



"Time is short everyone, so please come here."



Gathering the students around his desk, he went to a cupboard and brought out his Pensieve.



"I know that you will want to have some recollection of this occasion, so if you will allow me, I'll assist you to remove those memories and you may leave them in my Pensieve to be retrieved at a later date; when it will be safe to know about Anna and Severus' marriage.



"Then I will perform a memory charm on you so you will only remember Professor Twigg-Jones and Professor Snape arguing about the summer D.A. meetings. It's for your, and their, protection. Do you understand?"



"Yes, sir." "Right." "Of course."



"How do you do it?" Luna asked, gazing down into its depths.



X # X # X



While Dumbledore proceeded to show the students how a Pensieve worked, and then started extracting their thoughts and dropping them into the silvery swirling liquid, Anna and Severus had walked over to the portrait Christopher was sharing with Headmaster Dippett.



"I'm very happy for you, my dears." Armando Dippett smiled down at them.



"Thank you, Headmaster." Anna replied.



"I'll take good care of her, Christopher," Severus looked up at Christopher and then down at Anna, "when I get the chance."



He sounded as if he had just remembered what was going to happen in a few hours. He tightened his arm around her shoulder.



"I know you will, Severus, you've already proved that."



"Thank you for being so generous, giving us your blessing and all," added Anna.



"You'd have married him, regardless, and you know it. But, I really do wish you every happiness, as soon as possible, too."



Snape took Anna by the hand and pulled her into a corner for a private kiss.



"Well, Mrs. Snape, this is not going to be easy; letting you leave tonight. Can I at least be there?"



"You bloody well better be there, Severus Snape, or I shall be very cross with you."



Looking up into his eyes, she realized he was reading her thoughts. So be it. She relaxed her mind and Severus saw, for the first time, how deep her love went, how determined she was to protect their child and terribly frightened she was at the thought of losing him in the war with Voldemort.



He pulled her close as she sobbed softly into his chest.



"Please, darling, don't worry. We'll be together again, soon and we'll have a family together and live happy ever after. I swear to you, we will."



"I know. I believe you, Severus."



"I love you more than you'll ever know, Anna."



"Ditto, husband of mine."



He kissed her again, and then held her tight, in one last embrace.



X # X # X



"It's time." Dumbledore had come over to them. "We must hurry."



They nodded and walked across the room to join the students. They took their positions, facing each other, Severus with his arms crossed and Anna with her hands on her hips.



Dumbledore waved his wand at the D.A. members, who, for a few seconds had very puzzled, blank looks on their faces, then, one by one, they focused on Snape and Anna, nose to nose, 'still' arguing.



"Enough. Enough, you two!" Dumbledore stepped between them. "I can see both of your points, so here is my recommendation. Anna - if you think the D.A. should meet, informally, once or twice, during the summer, that's fine."



Snape opened his mouth to protest, but the Headmaster held up his hand.



"Severus, it might be logical, then, for the Dueling Society to do the same. They can meet informally, once or twice this holiday, if they so desire. You should talk with them, let them think about it during the closing feast and you can come and tell me their decision later tonight, say /10 PM/?"



Snape, with one last look at Anna, nodded and turned to stalk from the room.



Anna gathered the students and ushered them out, thanking Dumbledore for helping settle the matter, but giving him a tight hug and whispering "Thank you" as she took her leave.



X # X # X



Regaining the hallway, the rest of the students, who had gathered there, waiting, were all talking at once, peppering the six with questions, but fell silent as Professor Twigg- Jones came out of the doorway.



"The matter is settled. The D.A. has permission to meet, informally, this summer." Cheers greeted this announcement. "Let's go back to the classroom and work up a tentative schedule, shall we, you lot?"



She swept the six away and the other students drifted off, grinning and commenting on the fact she had gotten the better of Snape, again.



X # X # X



Dumbledore stood to address the students at the end of the closing feast.



"Well, well. Another year at Hogwarts has flown by and summer is upon us. Those of you, who are graduating, please remember this old collection of stone fondly. Eventually your memories of your schooling here will not include the drafty halls or the freezing cold water of the lake or losing the occasional house points. You will remember all of the 'good old days'; of cheering for your Quidditch team, getting your first spell to work in Professor Flitwick's class, or the time your spell in Professor McGonagall's class didn't quite work and your pincushion was sprouting feathers and squawking."



Laughter and understanding nods greeted those references.



"Being reprimanded by Madam Pince for laughing too loudly in the library, or having Madam Pomfrey give you're a dose of her excellent Pepperup Potion. Remember us fondly and don't hesitate to come back and visit. A round of applause for those who are leaving us!"



The students who were graduating stood and accepted the cheers and well wishes of their fellow students. After they sat down, Dumbledore looked around at the house point glasses.



"This year's house point scoring was the closest in my memory. I don't think a dozen points ever separated the houses. So, after adding the points for your house exam scores..." additional gems tumbled into each of the hourglasses, "we have a tie for third place; Hufflepuff and Slytherin House."



Applause was especially loud at the Hufflepuff table, as, at least with a tie, they weren't in last place.



"In second place, Ravenclaw."



More loud applause, as second place was a step up for Ravenclaw.



"And winner of the House Cup, by only four points.../Gryffindor/."



Applause erupted once again with the Gryffindors standing and cheering. After a minute or two, the Headmaster raised his hands for quiet.



"I'm sure you all have some last minute packing to do. Please be sure all books are returned to the library. Madam Pince will be there for the next hour to check those last few stray books back into her care.



"Otherwise, if there are no more announcements...you are free to go. /The school year is over/!"



Great applause and cheering greeted that statement.



X # X # X



As the students filed out, the teachers were mingling with the various groups, saying their goodbyes.



"I can't believe how much stuff I have to send back to London on the train. I don't remember bringing so much, but I guess it's what happens; you add bit s and pieces and before you know it, your trunks are over flowing!"



Professor Twigg-Jones was talking to a group of D.A. girls by the main staircase.



"It will take me /days /to unpack and sort everything."



Draco Malfoy and the Slytherin gang were walking by and Pansy Parkinson giggled and whispered in his ear, "If we're /lucky/, she'll have an accident on that motorcycle of hers and she won't have to bother unpacking." Draco looked at her, then at Anna and gave Pansy a slight smile and continued down the stairs to the Slytherins common room.



"Well," said Anna, heaving a sigh, "no putting it off any longer. I've got to get finished with my packing. I'll see you girls later."



Professor Twigg-Jones headed for her chambers and the girls split up and walked off to their various Houses.



X # X # X



At precisely 10 PM, Severus Snape entered Professor Dumbledore's office.



"Ah, Severus. Good evening."



"Good evening, Headmaster."



Snape was obviously unsettled as he paced in front of the fire. Dumbledore watched in silence for a few minutes before he softly interrupted Severus' thoughts.



"She'll be safe, Severus. I'm confident she has found a good, safe hiding place and just the right Secret Keeper."



"When will you perform the 'Fidelius' charm?"



"It has been performed already, Severus."



"/What/?" Snape froze.



"I alone know the identity of her Secret Keeper, so I would ask you a favor. Would you please perform a Memory charm on me? That way I'll not be a hazard to her or her Secret Keeper."



Stunned, Severus nodded and walked over to Dumbledore's desk.



"Are you sure you want this? What if..."



"Yes, Severus. It's only one name I wish to forget and there is one person who knows the Secret Keeper's identity in case of emergency."



"Christopher."



Dumbledore nodded.



"He volunteered to be Secret Keeper, but not being alive, wasn't quite qualified. But he can know both the Secret Keeper's identity and can contact Anna for us, if the need arises. He can't be tortured in order to reveal the information, so he's our 'backup', as Anna called him."



"I see. Well, are you ready?"



"Yes."



Snape pointed his wand at the Headmaster, who closed his eyes.



" 'Obliviate nominae custos arcane'."



"Thank you, Severus. Anna will be here soon. I'll leave you two alone for a few minutes." Looking around at the portraits hanging on the walls, he added. "Ladies, Gentlemen, would you be so kind."



X # X # X



The resident ex-Headmasters and Headmistresses walked out of their frames to give Anna and Severus some privacy. Severus paced around the room, but stopped as the door opened. There was no one there. Puzzled, he took a step closer and jumped as Anna grabbed him from beneath her Invisibility Cloak.



"'What...Oh! You almost made me doubt my sanity. /Wench/."



Anna giggled as she took the cloak off and hung it over the back of a nearby chair.



"Sorry. I couldn't resist sneaking up on you."



Looking around she saw the empty frames.



"Threw the lot out, did you?"



"No. The Headmaster is responsible for our being totally alone."



"Bless his heart. I don't know who's more worried, you or Albus. But don't be, both of you. I'm.../we're/ going to be just fine." Patting her abdomen, she smiled up at her husband.



Taking her in his arms, Severus smothered her in kisses, then held her close and buried his face in her hair, breathing deeply, imprinting the smell of her perfume in his memory. Then they kissed, deeply, passionately. How long they stood there, neither would ever be able to remember.



X # X # X



It seemed forever, or was it just moments later, when they heard Dumbledore return? They looked around at him. He smiled sadly.



"I'm sorry, but it's time, Anna."



Winky peeked around from behind Dumbledore's robes. She was holding a small bag.



"I is ready, Missy Anna."



"Oh, good, I see you have our things."



Anna put out her hand and Winky walked over to her Mistress and grasped her hand. Looking deeply into Severus' eyes, Anna smiled.



"I'll keep in touch. You know I will. Please try not to worry about me, too much, it will be too distracting and you need to keep your guard up."



"I know...you're right. It's going to all work out for us." He gave her a weak smile.



"That's my hubby."



"That sounds so strange. No one has ever said that to me."



"I should bloody well hope not/, or you have a /lot of explaining to do, mister." Anna laughed.



One last kiss and Anna turned to Dumbledore.



"We're ready."



Anna picked up her Invisibility Cloak, then Winky and walked over to Fawkes perch. Turning, she looked once more at Severus and smiled. She then turned to Fawkes, leaned close and whispered to him. He looked at her, nodded and offered his tail feathers, which she grasped. Fawkes spread his wings, gave a cry and with a flash of light, the three of them were gone, leaving Severus and Dumbledore in the now silent room.



Severus straightened his shoulders and looked over at Dumbledore.



"Thank you for allowing us some time, alone, to say goodbye, Headmaster."



Then he turned and left.



Albus Dumbledore sighed.



"Hopefully, hellos won't be too far off, Severus."




Sign up to rate and review this story