Categories > Anime/Manga > Hunter x Hunter

The unsustainable weight of desires

by RainbowLSparrow 0 reviews

"It had always been one of his greatest desires to enter medical school, he had studied night and day to be able to pass that damn test and when he finally got in, he felt the happiest man on earth."

Category: Hunter x Hunter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Kurapika,Leorio - Published: 2021-04-23 - 444 words - Complete

0Unrated
It had always been one of his greatest desires to enter medical school, he had studied night and day to be able to pass that damn test and when he finally got in, he felt the happiest man on earth. Finally he could have fulfilled his other greatest desire, that of being able to cure all the people who suffer from the same disease as his friend Pietro.

He had witnessed his death helplessly. Death that could have been avoided if only they had had enough money to pay for a doctor. In those days he could afford nothing but the clothes he was wearing and enough food to keep him alive.

Now that he had an abundance of money, he had vowed to do what he hadn't been able to do for his friend. He would take care of all the people who needed it, without charging a penny.

But sometimes he felt overwhelmed by the grandeur of his desires. At that point doubts began to grip him. Would he live up to something so important? Wasn't he a little too ambitious? He was surely sinning with pride, wasn't he? The more doubts overwhelmed him, the harder it became for him to breathe, his head began to spin incessantly and the pains and nausea became so strong that it paralyzed him.

He felt so insignificant in the face of everything, and he couldn't get up anymore. Finally came the thought of death which began to bewitch him and crumble him at the same time.

In those moments, when he found himself one step away from giving in to those dark desires, a small light would make its way into the darkness that surrounded him.

With small but strong hands, the other held him gently to himself. With his ear resting on his chest, Leorio listened to his heartbeat. Strong and regular. It reassured him.

Sometimes that strong and regular heart found itself in the situation in which it was his, and then it was Leorio's task to help him out of that situation. In the years they had spent together, they had learned to be each other's anchor.

Along with the beating of his heart, he could hear his voice humming a melody, it was little more than a whisper and yet it reached him amplified, leaning there with his ear resting on his chest to pick up the vibrations.

His voice could be infinitely sweet when he needed it most. He whispered reassuring phrases as he ran his fingers through his hair. His lips rested lightly on his forehead, in a quick kiss and Leorio began to breathe again.



"Thank you, Sunshine!"
Sign up to rate and review this story