Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Erik/Christine Oneshots

Music teacher/Single Parent AU (Modern AU) 1/

by operaghostangst 0 reviews

Unexpected Reunion

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Erik - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2021-07-26 - 516 words

0Unrated
Christine often regretted getting with Raoul de Chagny, especially after he panicked and left her high and dry after she told him she was pregnant with their child. The only explanation he'd been willing to give was that he wasn't a family man. He'd never wanted a family. He'd just been content to be with her and gamble a few times. She had been a fool to fantasize about anything more with her boyfriend of five years. Five years without so much as even consideration towards the idea of getting married or having a family. Meg had gotten lucky when she found her girlfriend, Charlie. They'd adopted Maya months ago. However, the one thing she could never regret was their- no her son. Gustave Daae was the only good thing to come out of their relationship.

Their bond hadn't been broken yet and she hoped it never would. The boy was only eleven right now and he was surprisingly good in school, especially in music class. She was also thankful for the fact that Gustave was almost a spitting image of her. Raoul fortunately had very weak genes. However, when Gustave entered the house this afternoon, he seemed rather hesitant. She waited for an explanation as he removed his backpack and thrusted a crumpled piece of paper into her hand. She waited a few minutes more and uncrumpled the paper when he simply refused to speak or meet her gaze. It would seem that his music teacher, Mr. Destler had requested a conference with her. "Gustave...What did you do?" Christine sighed as she sat the paper down.

"I got in a fight with Harrison. He was being a jerk." Gustave whined, but Christine got the sense that he wasn't telling her everything. She was almost terrified for some reason. Perhaps it had become a physical fight. Perhaps it had happened more than once. Perhaps he'd unintentionally injured the other boy. Before she could give voice to these questions, Gustave had seen his opening and scampered off. Crafty little brat.

Later in the evening, Meg came around to watch Gustave while Charlie remained at home with Maya. Christine had immediately headed towards the school and hit the button to be let inside. The principle let her in and immediately guided her towards the music room. "Mr. Destler? Christine Daae is here to see you." The man informed hesitantly. Erik appeared in the doorway and Christine found her lips parting in slight awe. She'd thought the name sounded familiar. He seemed to be just as shocked as she was.

"E-Erik... ?" Christine asked hesitantly, stepping closer. She couldn't believe it. The one that had gotten away when she was so set upon being with her asshole ex in college , but then again he'd been a couple years ahead of her. But she had no doubt that he would've tried to keep in contact as often as he could've. She remembered how horribly she'd reacted to the sight of his face. She could still remember the look of utter heartbreak on his face before it had turned into anger.
Sign up to rate and review this story