Categories > TV > Supernatural

Nightmare

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Y/N has a nightmare about their recent case and decides to seek out Dean for comfort.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2021-09-29 - 521 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pairing: Dean Winchester x reader

You tossed and turned in your bed as the horrifying images of the previous nights’ case haunted your mind. The harrowing shrieks of the victims echoed in your ears and the images of the pooling blood were engraved in your head. Without you knowing, streams of tears fell down your face as the events kept replaying themselves over and over.

You sat up straight in bed, your whole body drenched in sweat and your breathing becoming heavy. Holding your head in your hands, you tried to calm yourself down by counting back from 10 but the images just kept coming. You began to cry, sobs beginning to rack your body. You knew that you needed comfort from something; someone, especially someone who experienced the same thing you did.

Throwing your legs over the edge of the bed, you quietly padded along your carpeted floor and out of your door, heading down the corridor towards Deans’ room. You and Dean had grown very close the past few months, so close that you revelled in the other for comfort. Dean was the best person you could think of to ease your mind.

As quietly as you could, you turned the knob on Dean’s door and peeked your head around and smiled as you found him asleep cuddling a pillow. Slowly closing the door, you tiptoed across the room and carefully lay next to Dean who began to stir in his sleep.

He opened one eye and sat up slightly. “Y/N? What’s going on? What time is it?Are you Ok?” Dean looked at the nightstand clock and groaned a little. “It’s so early!” A small chuckle left your lips at Dean’s childishness. “Everything’s fine, nothing’s going on, I just had a nightmare; about the case we did yesterday. I came in here to cuddle with you but I’m sorry that I woke you up.”

Dean reached forward and gathered you in his arms before pulling you into his chest. “You mean to tell me that you snuck into my room at 4am.... to cuddle?” A small blush emerged on your cheeks and slowly nodded your head. A small chuckle rumbled in Dean’s chest. “I wouldn’t have it any other way, darlin’”

Your anxiety began melting away as you listened to the calming beats of his heart and the familiar scent of whiskey and wood smoke entering your nose. Your eyes fluttered closed and instead of the horrible images going through your mind, there was happy memories of you and the Winchesters which made you smile a little.

Dean looked down at your face and smiled at the peaceful expression on your face. As he took it in, he noticed a familiar piece of clothing poking out from underneath the covers. “Er, Y/N. Is that my shirt?” Without opening your eyes, you nodded. “It has your smell on it. I like your smell. I’m keeping it.” Dean chuckled and lay his head on top of yours before closing his eyes and letting sleep overcome his body once again.
Sign up to rate and review this story