Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 8: 7th heaven

by selenepotter 0 reviews

7th heaven

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Saul Tigh,William Adama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2022-05-07 - 1608 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Underdog

Chapter 8: 7th heaven

With the addition of ‘Killer’ and ‘Discord’ to the ranks of the Viper pilots, the surprise attack by eight Raiders, while Starbuck was leading her nuggets in a training mission, did not result in Starbuck having to eject on a moon with a poisonous atmosphere. As a result, she never acquired a Raider.


Battlestar Galactica - Fleet Admiral’s office

“How is it going with the Cylon Prisoners?” asked Fleet Admiral Willima Adama.

“I’ve been doing my Final Five disapproves of them spiel for them,” replied Colonel Saul Tigh. “The two Twos are regretting their attack on the Water supply. I’ve turned them over to our side. That black haired Three is a real spitfire! It took 8 marines to take her down. At one point she grabbed a ring bearing and threw it through the air, like a boomerang! She wants to stay and become one of our marines. I’m tempted to let her too! But I convinced her she could help us more by getting the Cylons to stop hunting us. The Six and Eight have helped too and The Eight became a lot more cooperative after Boomer talked to her. At this point, we’ve turned them all to our side. I’ve convinced them all to go back to the Cylons and help us on that end.”

“Next time we meet a Base ship, we can offer to send them back,” suggested Adama. “We can put them in the airlock near the flight deck. If the Cylons refuse to cease fire long enough to return them, we can airlock them and there’s a good chance they’ll download onto the Base ship.”


Deep Space - Raptor 8

One of the problems of having an imaginary friend who was an actor was that although he knew a lot of plot points, he didn’t know any technical details like: when the exact date these future events happen, the direction to Earth or where the ships looted by the Pegasus were. As a result, Boomer and Crashdown had to go out on long range scouting missions to search for them and for and Base ships that might be pursuing them.

“Scanning . . . scanning . . .” said Lieutenant Alex ‘Crashdown’ Quartararo.

“This is going to be another dry hole,” complained Boomer’s the ghost.

“If we don’t look, we won’t find them,” replied Lieutenant Sharon ‘Boomer’ Tyrol.

“Hang on . . . I got something! 23 x 58 x 72!” announced Crashdown.

“Copy that: 23 x 58 x 72,” said Boomer, as she altered course to seek out the DRADIS blip.

As they drew closer they found the unpowered ‘7th Heaven’ floating in Space. This was a sister ship to ‘Cloud 9’. But without power, it was dark beneath the glass dome. Boomer pulled into the open landing bay and landed. Apparently, there was still enough power left for the gravity plating. And once she got to the panel, she was able to close the door and repressurize the Hanger.
Boom and Crashdown turned on the lights of their flight suits so that they would offer a beam of light and proceeded down the corridor into the ship. They hadn’t made it far before they found a pile of bodies, the bloody smear on the wall gave testimony as to how these women and children had died.

“By the Lords!” exclaimed Crashdown. “Who could do such a thing!”

“Not the Cylons,” said Boomer. “They would have just blown up the ship with the men still aboard. The was the work of Humans . . . very bad Humans!”

“Pirates,” agreed Crashdown.

The pair continued to search the ship. There was no lighting other than the hands free lamps attached to their flight suits. So they were fumbling around in semi-darkness.

CRACK!

A shot nearly hit Boomer.

“Don’t . . .(pant) . . . come . . . (pant) . . . any . . . (pant) . . . closer!” panted a high pitched voice.

“We mean you no harm,” called out Boomer. “We’ve got a Raptor. We’d like to take you with us back to Galactica where you’ll be safe.”

“You’re not . . .(pant) . . . from Pegasus?” asked the girl.

“No,” answered Boomer. “We’re from Galactica.”

“Why . . .(pant) . . . should . . .(pant) . . . we . . .(pant) . . . trust you?” panted the girl.

“Look, you’re clearly running out of breathable air,” replied Boomer. “You can come with us to our Raptor where we have air you can breathe, or you can stay here where the air is almost used up.”

“. . .(pant) . . . all . . .(pant) . . . right . . .(pant) . . . “ panted the girl as she opened the door that had only been opened a crack before.

The two Warriors saw that the girl was only about 10 years old and was holding a pistol. Behind her, the light shown on a dozen other children, all younger than her.

“Come on everyone, we need to get you back to the Raptor,” said Boomer, as she picked up a couple of the smaller ones.

“Are there any more survivors?” asked Crashdown, who also had a child in each arm.

“. . .(pant) . . . no . . .(pant) . . . we’re . . .(pant) . . . it,” panted the oldest girl.

When they closed the door of the Raptor and repressurized it with fresh air, the children were visibly relieved.

“Better?” asked Boomer.

The girl nodded.

“Alright, we’re going back to Galactica,” announced Boomer. “Everyone who can find one get your selves strapped into a seat. Those of you who don’t get a seat, sit on the floor and hold on to the legs of someone who does have a seat. I’m going to have to open the door so we’re going to be in vacuum for a few seconds. Everyone breath out when the pressure drops so you won’t hurt yourself. As soon as I get the Hanger down open, I’ll get back in the Raptor and restore the air.”

Boomer opened the door of the Raptor, closed it again, then walked over to the panel. Grabbing the handle designed for this purpose, she flipped the switch for the emergency door opening. The outer door of the hanger opened and the handle kept Boomer from being swept out. Once the hanger as in vacuum, she returned to the Raptor. She paused before she opened the door.

“All right, She about to open the door,” said Crashdown. When you feel the big wind, I want everybody to yell ‘HA!’ as loud as you can.”

Boomer opened the door and a wind blew all the air out of the Raptor. One of the smaller children who was too close to the door got blown out, but Boomer caught him. Once they were in vacuum. Boomer stepped in, closed the door and Crashdown, repressurised the cabin so the children could breath again.


Colonial One - Press Briefing Room

“I have a couple of statements to make,” began President Laura Roslin. “First of all, We have recently recovered a group of children who were the only survivors of the ‘7th Heaven’ a sister ship to our ‘Cloud 9’. This ship was looted of everything of value including the fathers of these children. The mothers were lined up against a wall and shot along with some of the children. This crime of piracy was perpetrated not by the Cylons, but by Human beings who came from the Battlestar Pegasus, which is commanded by Admiral Helena Cain. The location of the Pirate ship Pegasus is not known as this time. Currently we are seeking out survivors of the Pegasus’ raids and not the pirate ship its’ self.
Also, I previously warned you all from trying to apprehend suspected Cylons yourselves. Recently, the Deck Chief of the Galactica was murdered by a member of the crew who was trying to take matters into her own hands. Chief Tryol’s widow is Sharon Tyrol, a model Eight Cylon who has defected to our side. She was the Raptor pilot who recently found us a new water supply when we so desperately needed it. She was also the pilot who found the children who the Pegasus orphaned. And she has freely given us invaluable intelligence. This woman has earned our trust. And she is not the only Cylon who has defected to our side. Eris Evans is a model Six Cylon who has become a Viper pilot and was one of the ones who defended us against the most recent Cylon attack. The third Cylon defector is Simon O’Neil, a med tech who has helped save many lives. All three of these Cylon defectors are serving aboard Galactica and we hope we can persuade others to follow suit.
Are there any questions?”

“Madam President, what happened to the person that murdered Chief Tyrol?”

“She has volunteered to become a Viper Pilot, one of the most dangerous jobs in the Colonial military,” replied Roslin. “She was one of the Pilots who helped defend us against the recent Cylon attack.”

“Don’t you think that is rewarding her for murdering a fellow Colonial Warrior?”

“Some might see it that way,” agreed Roslin. “Other’s might see it as a death sentence. The death rate for Viper pilots, especially new ones is appallingly high. Yet we need qualified people to volunteer for this or we’ll all be killed by the Cylons or pirates. We need brave women and men to put their lives on the line and save us all.”


Battlestar Galactica - Life Station

“Well I’ve got some got some good news,” Doctor Cottle told Boomer. “You didn’t catch it from those children on ‘7th Heaven’. You caught it from your husband. And it’s not the ‘flu. You’re pregnant.”
Sign up to rate and review this story