Categories > TV > Supernatural

Second Best

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

No matter how hard they try, Y/N always comes second best.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2022-07-09 - 1041 words - Complete

0Unrated
Requested on Tumblr
Pairing: Dean Winchester x reader


You loved Dean with all your heart, with all your being, but you always ended up being second best; second best to his first love. You had given him chance after chance, forgiving him over and over again even though he continued to play away.

But this time was the last. He had left you sitting alone in your apartment on your anniversary. You sat alone at the dinner table, the food long gone cold and the candles burnt right down. Tears flowed down your cheeks as you held a crumpled photograph to your chest. It was the first photo that had been taken of you and Dean and you always kept it with you.

You constantly checked your phone for a message from Dean, but nothing. You dialed a number and waited until an answer. “Hello?” You steadied your voice before speaking. “Sam, is Dean with you?” You heard a low huff from the other end. “No, he isn’t. Has he done it again?” You tried to hold back the sobs but it was no use. That was all the answer he needed. “Y/N, I’m coming to pick you up. I’m not letting you be by yourself.” You put the phone face down on the table and waited for Sam to come.

_____________________

A knock sounded on the door a while later. You opened it and Sam walked in with open arms which you generously accepted. He brought you close into his chest and stroked your hair as you cried into him.

“I thought that today of all days he would be here. After all we’ve been through and he still treats me like this. I’m never going to be good enough.” Sam pulls you away and cups your chin to look at him. “Never think that. My brother is an absolute ass and I’m never going to forgive him for doing this to you.”

You smiled sadly and walked out of the door, Sam following close behind. The car journey back to the bunker was silent with just low music playing in the background. Once you rolled into the garage, you got out and walked straight to the library. If Dean was going to come back anywhere with them, it was going to be here. Sam followed close behind, sitting beside you and waited for Dean to come back.

____________________

You waited for a few hours until the door of the bunker opened and two sets of footsteps walked down the stairs, laughter and giggles following after. Dean pushed them against the wall, attacking their neck with kisses. His hands ran up and down their body, exploring every inch.

You stood in the entrance to the library, tears in your eyes as you watched the scene play out in front of you. Sam stood behind you with his hands on your shoulders. He cleared his throat which alerted Dean to his presence. He turned around to say something, a scowl plastered on his face, but his eyes widened when he spotted you standing in front of Sam.

“Y/N, what are you doing here?” You wiped away a tear and started to walk towards Dean. “I could ask you the same thing. It’s our anniversary Dean and you left me at home, alone, so you could fuck around with them.” You looked around Dean and caught their eye, narrowing your eyes at them. “Y/N, I’m sorry.”

You shook your head. “No, not this time Dean. I’ve given you enough chances.” A few stray tears slid down your face. “I never stood a chance, did I? Not against them. I’m tired of fighting for your affection, Dean. I’m done.” You turned to walk away but Dean reached out and grabbed your hand.

“It’ll never happen again, Y/N. I promise. Please don’t leave me.” Tears started to fall down his cheeks as the realization dawned on him that he had finally lost you. “I can’t keep doing this, D. I can’t keep fighting for someone who doesn’t want me. It’s over.”

You took your hand out of Dean’s grasp and walked towards the garage to go home. Dean stood looking at the spot that you had just been standing in. His hands went straight to his face and he knelt to the floor, sobs wracking his body. Sam walked over and stood in front of Dean.

“I warned you over and over that you were going to lose them but you didn’t listen. This is all on you.” He looked over at Dean’s other lover and narrowed his eyes. “And as for you, you better get the hell out of here before I do something I regret. You’re just as bad as he is, carrying on with him even though you knew he was with someone. Shame on you, shame on the both of you.”

Sam turned on his heel and followed you to the garage where he found you in the passenger side of one of the cars. He got in on the drivers side and looked over at you, a sad feeling overwhelming him. You just stared out the window, your thoughts overwhelming you.

Sam turned the key in the ignition and backed out of the garage. You continued to stare out of the window on the journey until you arrived back home. When you arrived back home, you started to get out of the car until Sam grabbed your hand.

“Do you want me to stay with you?” You shook your head. “I just really want to be alone right now.” He nodded in understanding. “Alright, but please call me if you need anything, anything at all.” You nodded, getting out the car and heading inside.You closed the front door behind you and slid down the door, wrapping your arms around your knees.

In just a few hours, your whole world had come crashing down and you wished that things could have gone different. You got up and headed upstairs to your bedroom where you cried and cried, cuddling Dean’s pillow until you finally fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story