Categories > Books > Twilight > Eye Of The Tiger

Chapter 2

by Mollymooch45 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Twilight - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2022-08-21 - 975 words

0Unrated
Alice Cullen loved few things. Many thought with her happy and excited personality she loved many things and was never down or bored but there was a difference between being excited and being happy. There was a difference in like and love and Alice loved few. Those few included her mate, her family and shopping. Her mate for obviously being her soul mate reasons, her family who loved her and her weird and unusual ways and shopping because it allowed her to create beautiful things and make people look like their best selfs.

What most didn't know except for her mate Jasper and her brother Edward was that Alice wished she had a friend. Just one friend that loved her for her without them having to be told they had to love her. For although she had a lived a long happy life full of love she was still lonely. And with her gift of knowing the future and being a vampire it gave her few opportunities to make that friend she always wanted.

Vampires were usually polite to her but most of the time they were either uneasy with her gift or were hoping to use it to their advantage in some way mostly having to do with them having more power in the world and having more power was the lowest thing on the list of things Alice wanted. All she wanted was for those around her to be happy and safe. And if having a gift allowed her to be a protector than she was more than happy to have it. Even if that meant eternal loneliness. But that didn't mean she didn't hope for something more.

As they drove to school that day the Cullens noticed Alice's introspective mood and shot worried glances to each other. Alice was always so full of energy that even when quiet the small girl practically vibrated with the need to contain it all inside. So for her to be so withdrawn caused them to worry that maybe something bad was going to happen and Alice didn't know how to tell them.

When the two cars pulled into the school parking lot they took their normal spot standing by their cars watching the student body start the day waiting for the bell to ring.

"Alice are you alright?" Jasper finally asked when the sadness coming from his wife became to overwhelming for him to handle.

" I'm fine Jazz, just feeling a little off today"

Just when he was about to question her further a loud noise made them all look to the parking lot to watch as a beat up car that looked and sounded like it was barely going to make it to its parking spot pulled in.

They all stop talking to watch a young teenage girl with pale skin, almost translucent white hair and the strangest eyes, one being a lavender color the other being a coral blue, get out of the car.

Although the car itself looked like it should have been junked she carefully closed the driver's side door and patted the hood as if she was a mother proud of a child for doing a good job.

"Woah,did you check that chick out?She looked wild." Emmett said.

"She's not a chick and you'd do well to remember that Emmett!" Rosalie snapped causing Emmett to look at her with surprise.

Edward on the other hand wasn't too happy. He was extremely frustrated and although he would never admit it a little scared of this new development.

"I can't read her mind" he muttered.

"Wait, what?" Emmett asked causing all of them to look at Edward stunned.

"I can't read her mind. Not one thought. Unless she wasn't thinking about a single thing her mind was blank. It was almost like she was blocking me. Everyone thinks even subconsciously and she didn't have one thought. I don't know how I can't read her but I'm going to find out."

"You'll do no such thing! I don't care that you can't read her mind, you are not to go near her. She is not some mystery for you to figure out!" Rosalie angrily snapped at Edward surprising them all.

Jasper suddenly felt the anger coming off in waves from Rosalie but underneath that he felt love. Love? Why would Rosalie be feeling love looking at Edward. It was common knowledge she had many issues with Edward and could hardly handle being around him.

Edward's eyes widened.”You honestly think she's your mate? Are you delusional? She could be dangerous for all we know and you suddenly want to fight against me for a stranger?!”

The wide eyed looks got even more intense as they all stared at Rosalie. She took a breath to calm herself. The moment she saw the girl she felt the pull. The need to protect and provide for her. She didn't even have a chance to acknowledge those feeling before Edward had stated his intent to investigate her.

It was only after she was trying to refrain herself from ripping his head off did she connect the dots. She found her mate. After all this time being alone she found her mate. She took a staggering step backward and tried to calm her thoughts. The last thing she wanted was for Edward to be privy to her inner turmoil. The one way to do that was to not think about the thing she didn't want him to know. After decades of practice it was easy. But this was still a major development for her. She needed to step away. Go home talk to Esme.

Before she even knew what she was doing she had started walking to the woods. She kept up her human pace until she was free of any humans and started to run home.
Sign up to rate and review this story