Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

27

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2022-09-12 - 3708 words

0Unrated
After a while frankie realised Jenna and Max must still have been outside either that or they had snuck off. She decided to go check.
"Hey guys, are we doing OK?" Frankie asked walking over to check on them.
"I think we're good." Max smiled. Jenna nodded.
"Perfect now come back inside and get a drink." Frankie said motioning for them to go with her.
"Actually I'm just going to call it a night I don't really have the energy for partying and don't want to be a party pooper." Jenna said Max and frankie looked at her.
"Honestly I'm fine I'm just going to go home get a bottle of wine and get to bed." Jenna said holding hands up innocently so they didn't think she was about to have a break down.
"Well I'll come with you. I'm tired anyway." Max said.
"Or how about I go get you guys some drinks, you guys chill out, out here and then if you fancy coming in once you've had a few more drinks down you everyone's happy." Frankie said clearly a bit drunk but they knew they defintly couldn't say no to her. Max looked at Jenna to see if it was OK.
"Yeh go on." Jenna laughed sitting back down on the swing bench followed by Max before long Frankie had returned.
"Viola." Frankie said holding a bottle of tequila up.
Max and Jenna looked at each other then back at Frankie.
"She can't be serious." Max shook his head, Jenna laughed.
"Sorry that's all they had left by the bottle that I could take out, those lot can drink ya know." Frankie said not grasping the 'tequila' storey from last time. "Oh come on its not like your allergic to it is it, get it drank." Frankie laughed handing it to them and wondered back into the party "so we'll be seeing you soon." Frankie shouted back to them.
"Should we just go home." Max laughed to Jenna.
"Well I know it's got a bit of a past shall we say but I do kinda like tequila." Jenna said.
"Tequelia it is then." Max shrugged handing Jenna one of the small glasses Frankie had brought out not a shot glass so they ended up with more than a usual measure at a time.
"Cheers." Max smiled clinking her glass.
"Cheers Max-i." Jenna smiled as they downed their first over sized shot.
"So can I ask without any pressure. Where exactly is the Benji thing at?" Max asked knowing Jenna had relaxed enough to give him a normal answer by now.
"I don't know. At the moment for me I just want to just leave it alone and let it work its self out. It needs a break there are far too many people involed with the relationship and thats what turned it sour I think in the first place people getting involed in it where they shouldn't (Rachel and to an extent Joel)" Jenna said.
"That is very true." Max nodded pouring them more tequila.
"It's for Benji and me to figure out where it goes over time without everyone else sticking their noses in." Jenna said again pulling her face.
"Now you know I've already said it's not quite like that." Max laughed at Jenna complaining about her friends who where trying to be caring but to Jenna it seemed to be quite the opposite.
"Well you try being asked the same question over and over how's things with Benji it's like a broken record." Jenna expressed.
"They care." Max said sincerely.
"I know but they just need to care a little less maybe." Jenna nodded with a laugh.
"So when should we expect a wedding for you and lexi." Jenna smirked turning the tables.
"I don't think there'll be one." Max said. Jenna frowned confused. "Shes giving me the cold shoulder." Max said matter of factly.
"Noooo." Jenna said looking shocked she'd been so wrapped up in the nationals and Benji to notice.
"Yep I think we've just ran our course it's fizzling out." Max nodded.
"Oh Max surely not. Is it because you've been away do you just need time together." Jenna suggested.
"I don't think so. At least we have closure now. Now we know it would have never have worked even if one of us would have chosen the other over our careers back then." Max said seeming at peace.
"Oh Max I'm so sorry." Jenna said giving his hand a squeeze feeling sad for him.
"It's ok, I'm OK with it. It's just not meant to be." Max said clearly he had made his peace with it. Max sat looking ahead not noticing Jenna eyeing him over weighing up if he really was OK with it or not. she did think his whole body language did say he was and he was done and fine with it.
"What the hell is wrong with us we're just like destined to be rubbish in a relationship." Jenna expressed out loud laughing to herself
"I suppose we've just got to find the right people." Max shrugged.
"I just want someone I feel safe with and that I can trust." Jenna said openly. Max looked at her seeing a double meaning she would be safe with Benji as in he wouldn't abuse her like Karl did however he knew she meant emotionally letting her guard down and him not trusting her.
"You are safe Jenna copeland, I will always make sure of that." Max said to her reassuringly looking her in the eyes to make sure she knew that he had her back no matter what.
"You are pretty much the only person I feel safe with." Jenna said as they looked into each others eyes almost having a moment they each felt a connection but was confused as to what the connection was exactly. They are so very close as friends but it was almost as of there was the possibility of a spark of something more. Was it just the tequila or was it something more? As they was caught up in the moment looking each other over trying to weigh up what exactly was going on.
"Er guys, what the fuck?" Frankie looked between them confused. They both jumped a little to turn to look at her.
"Everything OK?" Frankie frowned looking from one to the other.
"Yeh, yeh all good." Jenna cleared her throat to speak first.
"Max! You out there?" Jackie shouted from the doorway.
"Yeh I'm here!" Max called back to Jackie.
"Good I think we might need a hand getting Brad home, he's had a bit too much fun." Jackie laughed.
"Be right there." Max called then looked between frankie and Jenna as frankie was still looking at them both expecting some sort of answers.
"I'm going to have to go, I'll see you both back at the house." Max said relived for getting out of the frankie interrogation but feeling a bit bad leaving Jenna to it.
"I think I'm just going to get a taxi too." Jenna said trying to escape.
"I think I'll join you." Frankie said as they walked over to the venue there was already a few taxis lined up waiting. They didn't say a word to each other but there was a clear elephant in the room so to speak. Aj and Max was getting Brad into a taxi to take home. Frankie and Jenna said their good byes to most people then got in a taxi. For the first five minutes of the ride they sat in silence.
"So what exactly did I just interrupt?" Frankie asked.
"I, I er... I'm not so sure to be honest." Jenna struggled to even say what she thought as she really didn't know herself. Frankie just raised her eyebrows at her.
"How do you mean you don't know?" Frankie laughed as if she was being ridiculous.
"Honestly I don't know it was just a moment, might have been the tequila... again but I don't know..." Jenna said clearly genuinely just as confused.
"Seeing the way you two was looking at each other I know your close but there was a glimmer of something else there. Look it's totally none of my business really well it sort of is your my best mate he's my brother and we're all practically business partners in the farm but honestly we've all learnt from the Benji thing that you want space and time to figure your head out just you know, when you know it would be nice if I could know too." Frankie smiled sweetly. "Seriously though how ever long you need to figure yourself out whether you love Benji or Max or neither I will be happy for you as long as your happy. Both Max and Benji are good men and they both clearly think alot of you but like if you just want to be a crazy cat lady that's fine I'll come to the pet shop with you." Frankie joked making them both laugh.
"Oh Jesus it just doesn't get any easier does it." Jenna laughed at her situation shaking her head resting it in her hands.
"Be boring if it was." Frankie said simply. They didn't speak for a much for the rest of the journey frankie now starting to feel the effects of all she had drank and Jenna lost in her thoughts. When they got home they went alright to bed. Max wasn't home he probably just stayed at Brad's house and Mike was away for the weekend.

The next morning Jenna was up slightly later than her usual 6am but still early. She threw her hair up in a messy bum and pulled on a tracksuit. She went to the kitchen to grab a coffee before making a start on the horses. Even though she's hadn't drank much last night she still felt tired through getting in late and lack of sleep having a lot on her mind.
As she got into the kitchen Max was sat at the table coffee cup in hand.
"Jesus your up early." Jenna blinked as she seen him making him jump slightly out of his thoughts.
"Still up you mean, haven't been to bed yet spent the night holding Brad's hair for him while he vommed down the toilet." Max laughed slightly and Jenna cringed with a laugh.
"Top up then?" She asked and Max nodded as she poured him more coffee.
"...then I came back here thought it would be pointless going to bed when the yard needs sorting." Max continued. Jenna sat opposite him both in silence. A little less comfortable from their usual comfortable silence. Each of them looking the other over whilst the other wasn't looking neither of them knowing how or if they should approach the subject of their moment last night.
"Right tell you what you get off to bed for a bit and I'll do the yard with Jamie, I doubt frankie will surface any time soon." Jenna said standing up as she finished her coffee.
"It's OK I'll just come help." Max said feeling bad leaving her and Jamie to do all the work but in a way secretly relieved as he was shattered but also meant he could avoid addressing the moment last night with Jenna a little longer.
"No seriously you go get some sleep now you look knackered and then you and frankie can do the yard this afternoon and I'll have a nap." Jenna smiled smuggly.
"Deal." Max grinned happy with the stipulations.

Jenna and Jamie worked well to get the morning yards done and Jamie went home for lunch as Jenna went inside. The house was quiet Max and frankie must have still been asleep. Jenna felt knackered so went off to bed with the slight concern that she should maybe make sure Max and frankie got up in time to do the horses but before she could give it a second thought she was flopped on her bed and drifting off to sleep.
Max had luckily put his alarm on to wake him up for afternoon yards being responsible for once but also knowing the wrath of frankie and Jenna if he didn't get up to sort the horses would definitely not be worth it. He went over to knock on frankies bedroom door to make sure she was up then made his way out to make a start on yard closely followed by frankie. They worked in silence for a little while both still a bit groggy from napping.
"So have you and Jenna talked?" Frankie piped up.
"No why have you?" Max said not quite getting what she meant at first.
"Well no but it wasn't me and Jenna batting eyelids at each other under that stars last night." frankie laughed
"Oh now come on." Max laughed almost very slightly embarrassed and cringed.
"Oh my god don't tell me your blushing." Frankie teased.
"I'm not it's just a bit weired..." Max trailled off.
"Werid?? What's weird?" Frankie pulled a face.
"I don't know, your my sister and.. as well I don't know. Just leave it." Max said not knowing how to answer as he didn't have the answer himself.
"Fine." Frankie said quietly with a frown eyeing him she hoped whether Max and Jenna decided to just be friends again or try for something more that this akwardness between them stopped. "Just know that if you guys choose to stay friends or if you guys think there's something more I'm totally cool with it either way, I'm here for you both." Frankie said reassuringly. Max gave her a nod and then they worked in silence for the rest of the time as Max seemed to have his mind else where.
When they was done they went into the house kitchen to make a drink. As they got in Mike was already in there and then Jenna came down from her nap.
"Oh look perfect timing." Frankie grinned between Jenna and Max. Max rolled his eyes and Jenna looked confused briefly then got what she was getting at.
"Oh I think I need to go check my emails." Jenna said turning and leaving the kitchen.
"Yeh and I've got ... stuff to do." Max said going to leave out the back door.
"Oh no you don't.. sit this is important." Frankie said sitting him down at the table then marching off after Jenna. Mike watch on totally confused as to what was happening.
"Jenna!" Frankie shouted then reappeared moments later dragging Jenna by the arm and sitting her opposite Max at the table.
"Talk please, or don't talk. I don't know just figure your stuff out before things get any more awkward." Frankie said to them both then grabbed Mike to lead him out.
"Oh man subtlety is defintly not your sisters strong point." Jenna laughed shaking her head which made Max laugh too and broke the tension.
"Whats the bets she's out there trying to listen in through the door." Max said knowing frakie all too well.
Jenna got up and crept over to the back kitchen door and then swung it open quickly just catching frankie as she went to hide.
"Forgot my phone." Frankie tried to make and excuse knowing she was busted. Jenna rolled her eyes with a smirk to Max passing frankie her phone then closing the door this time they seen frankie walk off across the yard.
"Nightmare she is." Max laughed.
"Wouldn't change her though." Jenna laughed.
"Was the horses ok this afternoon?" Jenna asked trying to get the conversation flowing.
"Yeh all good, think they're enjoying a bit of time off." Max smiled.
"Think we all need a bit of time off." Jenna said rubbing her head it had been an exhausting few months.
"You can say that again." Max smiled then the convention dropped off. "Did you get a good nap?" Max asked trying to make small talk. Jenna gave a nod.
"Oh my god Max I can't do this." Jenna busrt out with her frustration for not 'dilly-dallying' around she liked to be stight to the point to get on with things, get them sorted right away.
"Can't do, do what exactly? This?.. us?" Max looked a little shocked a there.
"Max I love the bones of you. You are my best friend. You drive me today insane at times but you are my rock and I love the relationship we already have..." Jenna started sincerely reaching across the table taking his hands.
"Ditto." Max breathed still unsure which way this was going to go.
"I'm really lost to how you feel about last night I know there was a bit of a urm moment..." Jenna said slowig down waiting to see eif Max was going to chip in anywhere he just nodded so she just took one for the team and carried on. "I don't know if you want to call it the tequila or of there's something more.." Jenna said pausing again waiting dor Max to volunteer his feelings too.
"Max come on help me out here give me something." Jenna said eyeing him trying to read his thoughts. Max gave a little cough to clear his throat.
"Urm OK so yeh in felt that... moment too. I know we're like really close and stuff and I totally love you as my friend more like sister..." Max tried to not say the wrong thing but still try and move this conversation forwards. Jenna was relived then knowing now where this was going and that they was both on the same page.
"Exactly Max I love you as the friendship we've always had, maybe there could be something else but I think I love you more as the friends we've always been." Jenna said Max nodded.
"So we're cool?" Max asked smiling relaxing and they was pretty much back to their usual level of comfort between them. Jenna got up and lent over hugging him from behind whilst he was sat down still.
"Yes max-i we are cool in our weird and wonderful way that does not involed being romantically involved I think we can blame the Tequelia again and move on from that akwardness." Jenna said giving him a squease as he held her arms with a smile.
"Cool, We are best just being us. I love you, I think your one of the best people I know, we gel and totoally get each other just not in a romantic way, however I believe there is someone who ticks those boxes and in a romantic way." Max smiled eyeing her daring to give a nudge to Benji.
"Yeh well even if it ticks the boxes there's a long way to go there." Jenna said reserved.
They sat talking and joking around like they would normally then frankie and Mike retuend.
"This sounds positive." Frankie smiled walking in expectantly.
"Yeh well she's not dug a hole for me in the back feild just yet." Max joked. Jenna laughed and kicked him lightly under the table.
"There's still time." Jenna laughed.
"So what exaclty is this?" Frankie asked cautiously wanting to know in as many words what was going on.
"We're cool." Max said which still didn't really answer frankies question.
"You can leave your wedding hat firmly in the box." Jenna said smiling.
"Fantasic so now thats dealt with are we ordering food?" Frankie asked looking round the other three who agreed. They ordered Chinese and sat with beers and wine chilling waiting for it to arrive. There was a knock at the door.
"I'll go." Mike said thinking it was the food. Moments later Mike came back in the room followed by Jackie, Seraya and Erin.
"Oh seriously wheres the food?" Max sighed.
"Nice to see you too." Jackie laughed at Max.
"You ok guys?" Frankie asked wondering what brought them over. Everyone notice Jenna trying not to get involed or make eye contact.
"We came to see Jenna." Erin said trying to get her attention as she was looking away pretending to find something interesting over the other side of the room. Max gave her a nudge under the table. Jenna shot a look at Max to which he shot one back to get her to talk to them and to snap out of it. Almost as if she was the moody teenager and he was the parent. Frankie had a little laugh to herself made up that max and Jenna where back to their normal selves. Jenna turned slowly to look at them expectantly.
"We can to apologie." Seraya said sincerely. Jenna just gave a half nod.
"Jenna sweety we've all been a bit insensitive and unintentionally that's lead to upsetting you quite alot for that we are extremely sorry we all are and we hope you can find it in you to forgive us and we promise to give you your space." Jackie explained. Jenna was still on the slight cold shoulder act. Max caught her eye and eyed her.
"Yeh, that's fine. Apology accepted." Jenna sighed still a little cold. Jackie, Erin and Seraya gave a little smile but still felt the cold shoulder they was getting a looked a bit hurt.
"Jenna." Max whispered as a warning.
"Honestly it's fine." Jenna said a little more convincingly this time with a smile. Seraya and Erin jumped on her to give her a hug.
"I just shouldn't be such a sensitive bitch." Jenna rolled her eyes in her usual dry humour. Seraya and Erin laughed a little and let go of her and Jackie leant in to give her a hug.
"You guys going to sit down then?" Jenna said as if what's the problem. There was a knock at the door which this time was definitely food which Max jumped up for. "We've probably got a shit tone of food coming as frankie ordered so you might as well stay get a glass." Jenna said pointing to the wine too. They knew this 'attitude' meant they was forgiven and everything was fine but it was their warning/punishment for hurting her.
They all ate and chatted the rest of the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story