Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Power Rangers: CPU

Fists of Fury

by RocketShark216 0 reviews

Kenny begins mentoring a young karate student as part of a Big Brother/Big Sister program. Aiming to catch the Blue Ranger unawares, Alt sneaks into his Little Brother’s karate tournament and cre...

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Published: 2023-02-05 - 6207 words

0Unrated
Episode 18: Fists of Fury

Kenny woke with a start at the third beep from his bedside alarm clock. The Blue Ranger groaned tiredly as he sat up, running a hand through his unkempt hair. After rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he shut off his alarm. A thud echoed through his room as a thick tome fell off his lap and onto the floor. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, then hopped out of bed and leaned down to pick up the book – a psychology textbook. He'd fallen asleep studying again.

He picked up the book and placed it on his nightstand, then went to the bathroom, where he took a quick shower. After performing his daily hygiene routine (a rigorous affair consisting of shaving, applying aftershave and a three-step facial cleanser, brushing his teeth, gargling mouthwash, and then styling his hair), he exited the bathroom and hobbled over to his closet. He pulled open its door and was surprised to find a three-piece business suit hanging prominently in the center of the rack.

"Did I really lay that out to wear today?" He scoffed, and with a derisive shake of his head, he added, "I definitely wasn't functioning properly last night,"

He slid the suit to the far end of the rack in contempt, choosing a white t-shirt and blue hoodie to wear instead. He completed the outfit with gray cargo shorts and matching sneakers, after which he checked his phone's calendar. He confirmed what he already knew – he had an appointment in less than an hour. He strapped his morpher to his wrist, pulled his hoodie sleeve down over it, threw on his backpack, and rushed out the door.

"Good morning! Welcome to Collins Home for the Youth!" A receptionist greeted, smiling warmly at Kenny as he walked into the lobby of a downtown orphanage. "How may I help you?"

"Hi! I'm from the Big Brother/Big Sister Program." He reached into his wallet and pulled out his ID, which he handed to the receptionist. "I'm here for an appointment."

"I see," She took the ID, then entered his information into her computer. "Oh, you must be Kenny. I've heard a lot about you!"

"Oh?"

"Yep! Eddie's talked about you nonstop for over a month." She giggled a bit, then handed his ID back to him before adding, "I don't know if this is your first time working with children, but you seem to have a real knack for it. When Eddie first came here, he barely spoke!"

"Eh, I'm alright, I guess," Kenny said modestly, rubbing the back of his neck. The receptionist typed some more info into her computer, then gestured towards a row of chairs along the far wall.

"Eddie should be out soon. Feel free to have a seat wherever you'd like."

"Thank you!" Kenny slid his ID back into his wallet, stuffed it in his back pocket, and made his way over to a chair. He sat for a few minutes, idly checking his email while he waited. Eventually, a young Mexican-American boy no older than ten sprinted down the hall and into the lobby. His face lit up once he saw Kenny, who promptly put away his phone and stood from his chair.

"Kenny! You're here!" He gave the Blue Ranger a massive hug, then exclaimed, "I've been looking forward to this all morning!"

"Me too, buddy. Me too," Kenny tousled his hair, then looked down at him after he released him from the hug. "So, what do you wanna do today? Shoot some hoops? Watch some cartoons?"

"Actually, I kinda wanna play video games!" Eddie paused, then added, "...If that's okay, I mean."

"Yeah, absolutely. I brought one with me, actually!" Kenny reached into his backpack, pulling out a jewel case with a disc inside. "Wanna head to the game room and fire it up?"

"Sounds awesome!" Eddie boomed excitedly. He grabbed the game, turned, and tore down the hall toward the game room.

"Woah, wait up…!" Kenny called out, running after the boy and struggling to keep up. "Man, and I thought Grif was fast…"

"Alright, we've almost won! Just gotta make it through this last phase and the Zombie Lunch Lady's toast!" Kenny and Eddie gripped their controllers tightly as they played Apocalypse of the Damned. They repeatedly wailed on the level boss, a zombified lunch lady, with baseball bats, halting periodically to dodge globs of mystery meat she slung at them with a ladle. "Remember not to get cocky, buddy. She's no slouch!"

"Don't worry, I've got her!" Eddie's eyes flashed with determination, only to widen in sudden shock when an army of ghouls burst into the level out of nowhere. "Kenny, look out!"

"Aw, no! They've got me!" Kenny mashed buttons to escape their grasp, but his attempt proved futile, and the weaker zombies carried him away. "It's all up to you!"

"Right!" Eddie dodged an attack from the boss, then performed a complicated button combo to counterattack. As his character's baseball bat glowed bright green, he shouted, "Home Run Smash!"

Eddie's character swung his bat with all his might, slapping the zombified lunch lady in the face and draining the rest of her health. A triumphant musical sting echoed from the television as a cutscene depicting the boss' death played out. Eddie leaped to his feet and pumped his fist.

"Alright! We did it! That was awesome!" As the cutscene ended and an end-level stat screen appeared, he turned to Kenny and said, "I wonder what the next level's like?"

"Actually, I haven't finished programming that one yet," Kenny told him, standing up from his chair and crossing the room to retrieve the game disc from the console. "I'm glad you like it, though! Thanks for helping me test it."

"You mean you made this game?!" Kenny nodded, and Eddie eyed him with slight awe. "Is that what you're going to school for?"

"More or less, yeah." Kenny carefully placed the game disc back in the jewel case he'd brought, then slipped it into his backpack. He checked his watch, then said, "That reminds me, I need to get going."

"Aww…!" Eddie frowned a bit, clearly disappointed. However, his frown vanished a few moments later, and he quickly added, "Wait, I almost forgot! Are you doing anything next Saturday?"

"Not really, no…" Kenny zipped up his backpack, then turned his full attention to Eddie. "Why? What's up?"

"Well, I've been studying karate, and my dojo's having a big tournament next weekend. My class invited their families, but I don't have one, so…"

"You want me to come?" He guessed, to which Eddie enthusiastically nodded. "No problem, bud! Just say the word, and I'll be there!"

"Really?!" Kenny hummed in confirmation, earning himself a bone-crushing hug. "Awesome! Kenny, you're the best!"

The Blue Ranger laughed, tousling the younger boy's hair as he released him from the hug. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, then moved to leave. "I'll see you next weekend, buddy!"

One Week Later…

Kenny again woke at the third beep from his alarm clock. He hopped out of bed, took a quick shower, and changed into his usual attire. As he checked his calendar, his lips curled upwards into a warm smile.

"Here I come, Eddie!" He slipped on his shoes, left his apartment, and went down the sidewalk. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, humming to himself as he headed to the local karate dojo...

Meanwhile…

"What do we have here, Ranger Blue? Planning to enjoy a nice Saturday afternoon cheering on the boy you're mentoring?" Alt said to herself, her eyes fixed on her tablet as she stalked Kenny via a hacked streetlight camera. "Well, just wait. I've got a special surprise just for you." She stowed her tablet in her backpack, then scooped a Venjix Virus Card off the table and stuffed it into her pocket.

"And where are you going?" Control inquired, blocking her as she got up to leave.

"I have a playdate with Ranger Blue." She told him, pushing past him and walking out the door. "Don't wait up,"

Control watched her leave with slight contempt, only to roll his eyes and turn his attention elsewhere.

Kenny briskly strode into the dojo, buying a ticket for the day's tournament in the lobby before heading to the venue's main room. He gently pushed through the throng of parents, teachers, and other spectators and tried to find an empty seat. Kenny meticulously scanned the bleachers but didn't seem to have much luck. He was about to go find a seat on the other side of the room when he bumped into someone.

"Sorry, didn't mean to-" He turned to face the person he'd bumped into, then paused midsentence once he recognized who it was. Standing before him was Milly Deno, his friend, classmate, and crush. "Hiya, Milly!"

"Hey, Kenny!" Milly's mouth curled into a warm smile, which the Blue Ranger mirrored. "Good to see you!"

"Good to see you," Kenny echoed. "What brings you here?"

"I'm here for work. My boss wants me to cover today's tournament for the paper," Milly explained. "You?"

"Big Brother/Big Sister; the kid I've been mentoring is in the tournament," As soon as Kenny said this, he was blindsided by Eddie, who dove in and gave him a massive hug. "Hey, Eddie! I was just talking about you!"

"Kenny!" Eddie released him from the hug, looking up at him in awe. "You made it!"

"Of course I did buddy! I promised, didn't I?" Kenny tousled his hair, and his eyes widened a bit in realization as he glanced back over at Milly. "Whoops, almost forgot to introduce ya! Milly, this is Eddie, my Little Brother. Eddie, this is my friend Milly. She and I go to school together."

"Nice to meet you, Eddie!" Milly smiled warmly, extending her hand.

"Nice to meet you too!" Eddie shook her hand, then tilted his head. He stroked his chin, then abruptly blurted out, "Are you Kenny's girlfriend?"

"W-What-?!" Kenny and Milly both blushed bright red, and the former stammered a bit, saying, "N-No, that's not-!… I mean, u-unless?"

"I wouldn't be opposed...wait, is that how you're gonna ask me out?!" Milly eyed him in bewilderment, and the Blue Ranger rubbed the back of his head and let out an awkward chuckle. "I'm not saying no, but you can do better than that, can't you?"

"...We'll talk later," Kenny told her. He cleared his throat, then turned to Eddie and changed the subject by saying, "Anyway, good luck, buddy! You're gonna do great!"

"Thanks! I know you'll be watching me, so I'll make sure and do my best!" Eddie dipped his head in respect, then turned around as he heard his name being called from across the room. "Ope, Sensei's calling me! We'll be starting soon; I'd better go!"

"You got this, Eddie!" Kenny watched the boy leave with a smile, then turned to Milly and said, "So, would you happen to have found a good seat by any chance?"

"As a matter of fact, I know just the spot," Milly grabbed him by the hand, then led him over to the bleachers. "C'mon, slowpoke, our first official date awaits!"

"Annnnnnd the winner is: Victor!" The commentator emcee-ing the tournament announced, his voice echoing from the dojo's speaker system as a match between two of Eddie's classmates drew to a close. The two boys gave each other a bow, then cleared the mat and headed for the locker room. "Next, we'll cap off the first-round bracket with a match between Eddie and Trevor!"

"Alright, Eddie's up next!" Kenny chirped, beaming with pride. "I can't wait to see him go!"

"Y'know, for a puff piece, this gig isn't turning out so bad," Milly remarked, flipping through pictures on her phone that she'd taken during the last match. She covered her mouth with her elbow and coughed, then said, "I'm kinda parched, though. Watch my stuff; I'm going to concessions to buy water."

"I can get one for you," Kenny offered. He stood from his seat, then shook his head when Milly reached for her purse. "Don't worry about it; it's on me,"

"You're sweet," Milly stood up and pecked him on the cheek before adding, "That's one of the things I like most about you; you're such a gentleman."

"D-Don't mention it," Kenny replied, blushing a bit. "I'll be right back!"

"Alright, I got the water. Now I just gotta get back to the bleachers," Kenny remarked as he walked away from the concession stand. "Hopefully I haven't missed any of Eddie's match."

"Having fun, Ranger Blue?" Kenny stopped in his tracks, the hairs on the back of his neck sticking straight up as he recognized the voice. Alt stepped out of a shadowy alcove to his left, and her lips curled into a sadistic grin. "I do hope so. You deserve a break from the constant stresses of combat."

"What're you doing here, Alt?!" Kenny hissed, trying not to draw any attention to their conversation.

"That should be fairly obvious," She replied. "I've come here to defeat you once and for all – and once my new Attack Bot gets its hands on your precious protege, it'll only be a matter of time until I do!"

"Why're you telling me this?!" He growled, clenching his fight so tightly that the water bottle he was holding burst open.

"To put it bluntly, that stressed-out face you're making is simply to die for!" She exclaimed. "You've been a most-entertaining nemesis, Ranger Blue! I'm ashamed to admit I'll miss you when you're dead!"

With that, she teleported away, leaving Kenny alone in the hall. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself, but his anxiety reached all-new heights when he heard screams originating from the main room of the dojo.

"Eddie! Milly!" The Blue Ranger tore down the hall as fast as he could, then burst into the tournament staging area. His eyes surveyed the room, taking in the details of the newly-developed situation. On the bleachers, Milly and the other spectators were being terrorized by a large squadron of Xanadroids. Meanwhile, Eddie was splayed out on his back atop the tournament mat, and towering over him was a white gi-themed robot.

"Eddie!" Kenny's brotherly instincts overtook him. He scooped up a nearby wooden chair and used his superstrength to wing it at the Karate Attack Bot. It splintered into dozens of pieces once it hit its target, knocking the robot onto its back and giving Kenny enough time to make it over to Eddie. "Get out of here, buddy! RUN!"

"O-Okay…!" Eddie said frightfully, taking the opportunity to scramble out of the room to safety. With his Little Brother safe, Kenny turned his attention to the bleachers.

"Leave them alone!" Kenny demanded, bashing the Xanadroids with his fists as he made his way up to where Milly was. He kicked the Xanadroid accosting her in the gut, then scooped it up and threw it over his head. It knocked over several more Xanadroids as it crashed into them, and Kenny turned and offered his hand to his date. "Get these people outta here! Go find Eddie and hide somewhere; it's not safe here!"

"You can count on me," Milly gestured for the others to run, then turned to follow them. However, she returned and gave Kenny a quick peck on the cheek before adding, "Go get 'em, Tiger."

"Right," Kenny watched everyone leave, ensuring their safety. As the remaining Xanadroids regrouped with the since-recovered Karate Attack Bot, he brandished his morpher, then twisted its dial and pressed its button. He raised the sunglasses to his face, then pressed the button again. "Install: CPU!"

He donned his Ranger suit, clenched his fists, and immediately set to work. The advancing Xanadroids were caught up in a flurry of punches; as the Blue Ranger made short work of their vanguard, the rear guard drew their blasters and opened fire. Kenny ducked and rolled out of the way, then drew his own blaster and launched a counterattack.

The firefight proved to keep him preoccupied, allowing the Karate Attack Bot to encroach on his flank. It raised its arm, leaped into the air, and caught its foe with a flying chop. Kenny's suit sparked on impact, and he grunted a bit as he whirled around to face his attacker. The Karate Attack Bot let out an evil chortle, then raised its arm to strike him again. However, Kenny intercepted it this time, catching its hand mid-chop and holding it in place with his own hand. He did the same to the Attack Bot's other hand once it swung it, and the two quickly found themselves grappling for control.

"Feeling the burn, are we?" It taunted, taking note of how its opponent was clearly straining himself. "What's the matter, Ranger Blue? Have you finally met your match?"

"Not by a longshot!" Kenny shouted defiantly, his biceps glowing bright green. He shoved his opponent with all his might, sending it stumbling backward into a waiting group of Xanadroids. A familiar animalistic growl escaped his lips as he stomped toward his downed foe. "I'm gonna kill you!... BUT FIRST, I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!"

"Kenny!" called a morphed Griffin, who dashed into the dojo with Wendy and the others in tow. He scanned the room for signs of his teammate, then ran to join him once he'd spotted him. "Hang on, Ken, backup's here!"

"STAY OUT OF THIS!" Kenny roared, grabbing a nearby chair and winging it at his teammates. Quincy used his telekinesis to slow the chair down, which allowed ALPHA to cut it in half with his saber before it could hurt anyone. "THIS IS MY FIGHT!"

"He's overheating!" Wendy realized, brandishing her blaster as the remaining Xanadroids encircled her and the others. "Somebody's gotta demorph him!"

"Already on it!" Griffin gripped his saber, then took a running start and leaped into the air. He landed on the other side of the dojo, and as he sped towards Kenny and the Attack Bot, the other three busied themselves with the Xanadroids.

"Now, this is more like it!" The Karate Attack Bot chuckled a bit, only to grunt in pain as Kenny assaulted it with his fists. "Ow!"

"YOU WANTED A BEAST?!" Kenny punched a hole in the Attack Bot's armor, then reached inside. As he yanked out a cluster of wires, he added, "NOW YOU'VE GOT ONE!"

"YOWWWCH!" The Karate Attack Bot recoiled in pain just as Griffin reached them. The Red Ranger slowed to a halt, then went for Kenny's morpher.

"Hang on, bud, just gotta demorph you real quick and-"

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUTTA THIS!" Kenny whipped around to face Griffin, then smacked him aside. The Red Ranger hollered clumsily as he flew into a nearby wall; meanwhile, the Karate Attack Bot capitalized on the distraction, scrambling up to its feet and away from its attacker.

"Catch ya later…!" Kenny spun around just in time to watch the Attack Bot teleport away. Enraged, he turned back around and stomped towards Griffin, who had since landed on a mat on the floor. He raised his arms above his head, clenching his fists as his biceps glowed bright green.

"Oh no, you don't!" Wendy leaped into the air using her superagility. She pressed a button on Kenny's morpher, causing him to demorph. As he looked down in confusion, Quincy used his telekinesis to grab a nearby water cooler and toss it in his direction. The Blue Ranger was drenched, and steam was expelled from his body as it began to cool down.

"Phew…" Griffin sighed in relief, and Wendy scrambled over to him and hoisted him back to his feet.

"Ahh…!" The Karate Attack Bot burst into an alleyway on the outskirts of town, then braced itself against a dumpster while wincing in pain. It clutched its wounded torso with its right hand, then balled its left hand into a fist and slammed it into the metal receptacle. "Ranger Blue sure does pack a punch...she should've warned me...!"

"I did warn you," Alt said from above, startling the wounded Attack Bot. She hopped off the dumpster, then continued, "You just failed to listen."

"You told me it'd be an easy victory!"

"No, I told you he could be overcome with effort! Your arrogance blinded you, and it nearly cost me everything!" Alt grabbed her insolent minion by the throat, lifting it off the ground before fixing it with an icy stare. "Now listen, and listen well. My Father awaits the destruction of the Power Rangers, and his patience is wearing thinner and thinner every day. You will defeat Ranger Blue and his allies, or I'll take matters into my own hands and dispose of you like the trash you are! We understand each other, no?"

"Y-Yes, ma'am…!" With that, she released the Karate Attack Bot, which turned tail and ran out of the alley.

"Mark my words, brothers. When Father unleashes his wrath, I will be spared! I'll stop at nothing to secure his favor!"

"C'mon...c'mon…" A worried frown creased Kenny's lips as he paced back and forth in the hallway just outside Doctor K's lab, his phone pressed firmly against his ear. "Pick up...pick up…!"

The call connected with a 'click,' and Milly greeted, "Hey, I-"

"Are you okay?!" Kenny blurted out anxiously, cutting her off. He took a breath, then closed his eyes and said, "Sorry to interrupt you, I was just...worried. Did you make it out okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"What about Eddie?"

"He's safe. So are the rest of the kids," She informed him. "They decided to cancel the tournament because of the attack; Eddie's pretty torn up about it."

"Man, I messed up..." Kenny lamented. "If I hadn't overheated, we would've destroyed that Attack Bot, and-"

"Don't," Milly interjected. "Don't do that. This isn't your fault; don't beat yourself up over it."

"But-"

"No buts. I won't let you do that to yourself." Milly paused for a moment, then continued, "...Hey, my boss is calling, I gotta hang up. Listen to me, though; you've got this. When you find that Attack Bot again, you'll beat it this time – believe it!"

"Thanks, Mil..."

"Hey, I'm your girlfriend now, right? Reassuring you is my job," He smiled despite himself, and Milly ended the call with, "Call me later, okay?"

Kenny slipped his phone into his pocket, turned, and quietly entered the lab.

"Welcome back, Ranger Blue," Doctor K greeted without looking up from her monitor. Her fingers danced elegantly across her keyboard as she typed various commands into the computer.

"Everything okay?" Griffin questioned, watching the Blue Ranger with slight concern as he traipsed down the lab steps.

"Yeah, I just…" His voice trailed off, and he began to fidget with the strings of his hoodie as his teammates neared him. "I got off the phone with Milly. She and Eddie are safe. They canceled the tournament, though…"

"Hey man, don't sweat it," Quincy told him, reading his mind. He slapped him lightly on the back, then added, "You'll get him next time."

"...What if I don't, though?" Kenny interjected. "I overheated so fast during that last fight. Heck, I've been overheating faster lately. These Attack Bots are getting stronger and stronger, and I'm starting to think I can't keep up…"

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" Wendy chimed in. "The Kenny I know would never give up. He'd never back down, and he'd sure as hell never let one small setback steal his optimism. I know you, Kenny; you're a fighter! Now stop Griffing out and-"

"Uhh, not to interrupt, but like… 'Griffing out'…?" Griffin said, scrunching up his nose. His gaze shifted to Wendy as he continued, "Did you just use my name as a verb?"

"Oh, yeah. We do that behind your back," Quincy told him, stifling a laugh. "'Grif out' – to overthink."

"Also see 'Grif up' – to overthink with disastrous results," Wendy added, her lips curling into a smirk.

"Gee, I'm flattered," Griffin mumbled sarcastically, earning himself a light slug on the arm and a "We're just teasing!" from his Yellow counterpart. Kenny snickered despite his best efforts to the contrary, and the other four quickly followed suite. Once the laughter died down, Griffin placed a hand on the Blue Ranger's shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. "Seriously though, Ken, Wendy's right. You can do this; stop psyching yourself out. Besides, you're not alone; you've got us four backing you up."

"...You're right," Kenny relented, a genuine smile forming on his face. "Thanks, guys."

"Don't mention it, man," Griffin told him.

"It's what we're here for," Wendy added.

"Anytime, bro," Quincy threw in. "Anytime."

"Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't it customary for you humans to share a 'group hug' in this kind of situation?" ALPHA inquired, speaking up for the first time in several minutes.

"Tin can's got a point," Quincy nodded, then motioned over to the others. As the five huddled together for the aforementioned group hug, Doctor K watched with a smile. However, her attention was drawn away when an electronic beep emitted itself from Cheetor's computer terminal.

"Doc, we've got Venjix activity at a suburban playground!" He apprised, typing away at his keyboard. "Sending coordinates to the Rangers' morphers now!"

"Good," She turned to the others, then ordered, "Rangers, you know what to do. Move out!"

"Right!"

"Hahahaha!" The Karate Attack Bot chortled impishly as it led a squadron of Xanadroids through the playground. It oversaw their efforts as they terrorized the children playing there, sending them running off to their parents in a desperate bid for safety. The parents scrambled to retrieve their children, only to be confronted by the robotic horde themselves. As they cut off any and all escape routes, the Karate Attack Bot stomped toward a petrified father. "Looking a little scared there pops!"

"S-Stay away!" The man stammered, wrapping his arms around his daughter before pivoting his body to shield her. The Attack Bot took a step forward, prompting him to shout, "I said stay back…!"

"Why should I…?" It taunted, raising its right hand. It flashed with golden light as he charged it with energy. "What're you gonna do?!"

The light solidified once the attack was done charging, and the Attack Bot swung its hand down, seeking to deliver a swift karate chop. The man closed his eyes and turned his head in anticipation of the strike...but it never came. Before the chop could connect, a trio of blaster bolts struck the Attack Bot's hand in rapid succession. It recoiled in pain, then whirled around and spotted its attacker – ALPHA, who rushed onto the scene with his CellTech Blaster firmly in hand.

"Fear not, citizens, for I am here!" boasted the Buddy-Droid. As he continued pelting the Attack Bot with blaster bolts, a red blur sped into view, slicing through the Xanadroids in a rush. While this familiar scarlet shape made short work of the footsoldiers, ALPHA paused his assault long enough to add, "Now go! Flee to safety, quickly!"

The parents heeded his warning, securing their children in their arms before sprinting away as fast as their legs would carry them. Once the playground was devoid of civilian presence, Griffin skidded to a halt. He and ALPHA were soon joined by Wendy. Quincy fell in shortly thereafter, with Kenny being the last to arrive.

"Rangers!" The Karate Attack Bot greeted, turning towards them. "I see you accepted my invitation to a playdate! I'm glad! Wouldn't want you to miss out on all the fun I've been having!"

"Fun? You call what you're doing fun?!" Kenny challenged, pushing past the others to face his foe directly. "This place was made for the enjoyment of families! And the karate tournament you ruined? A way for children to express themselves through martial arts! You Attack Bots are all morally bankrupt, but you...you're the lowest of the low!"

"Why, thank you! I'm quite flattered...but tell me, how do you expect to succeed where you previously failed? What would drive you to attempt such a fool's errand?"

"I may've lost to you once, but I won't lose this time!" Kenny declared confidently. He clenched his fist so hard his knuckles turned white as he continued, "Making children cry for your own amusement... it's unforgivable! And I won't let it go unpunished!"

With that, he brandished his morpher. He looked to the others, then said, "You guys ready?!"

"Ready!" Griffin and the others brandished their own morphers, and together the five declared, "It's Morphin' Time! Install: CPU!"

They all morphed into their Rangers forms in a flash of brilliant light. They then launched straight into their roll call.

"Shield Buster! CPU Blue!"

"Limit Breaker! CPU Red!"

"Climax Jumper! CPU Yellow!"

"Mind Flayer! CPU Gold!"

"Circuit Smasher! CPU Silver!"

"Covertly protecting the universe from evil!" They struck their usual group pose, with Kenny at its center. "Power Rangers: CPU!

"What, am I supposed to be scared now?" The Attack Bot scoffed dismissively. It summoned a fresh batch of footsoldiers, then motioned towards them. "Xanadroids, ATTACK!"

"Let's do this!" Kenny boomed, summoning his SpyTech Analyzer as he dashed forward.

"You heard the man!" Griffin echoed, rallying his team around their Blue teammate. "Attack Plan Sierra, GO!"

With that, the other three leaped into action. Wendy vaulted into the air using her superagility, then began firing on the Xanadroids from above. Quincy anticipated their subsequent counterattack, using his DriveTech Blade to swat away their projectiles. He summoned his CellTech Blaster, then handed it off to his Yellow counterpart via telekinesis. As Wendy descended to the ground, she gripped the weapon in her off-hand, then resumed her assault on the Xanadroids with twice the aggression. As more of their comrades fell, the stragglers lunged at her in a flanking maneuver. However, Griffin swiftly ended this, hacking them all to pieces with his saber. Kenny set his sights on the Karate Attack Bot as the Red, Yellow, and Gold Rangers worked together to dispatch the remaining Xanadroids.

"You can't defeat me!" It sneered, blocking each of Kenny's saber slashes with a counter-chop. "You're too weak when you hold back, and if you resort to full power, you'll overheat and I'll use that to my advantage! Face it, Ranger Blue, you're in over your head!"

"Maybe so, but he's not alone!" ALPHA cut in, blasting the Attack Bot in the back. It whirled around to face him, and while it was distracted, Kenny slashed it in the side repeatedly, causing its armor to spark. "You cannot withstand our combined might!"

"Watch me!" It shouted defiantly, smacking the Silver Ranger aside. It turned to face Kenny again, then charged another full-power karate chop. "I'll destroy you – all of you!"

"Good luck with that tin can!" Kenny stood his ground as the Attack Bot swung its arm. Before it made contact, ALPHA activated his Energy-Shell on the Blue Ranger, causing the Karate Attack Bot's hand to shatter on impact.

"Arrrrrrrgh!" The Attack Bot recoiled in agony, clutching what used to be its right hand as it smoldered and sparked. "You bastards! I'll kill you!"

"I don't think so!" Kenny kicked their foe in the sternum, sending it flying. As it fell on its back, the Rangers regrouped. Griffin, Kenny, and Wendy summoned their SpyTech Analyzers, while Quincy and ALPHA drew their CellTech Blasters.

"CellTech Blaster: Roaming SHOT!" They waited until the Karate Attack Bot pulled itself to its feet, then pulled the trigger. "FIRE!"

"No!" It screamed in anguish as twin cyan beams tore through its midsection, severely damaging it. "This isn't-"

"Happening?" Kenny guessed. "Oh, it's happening, sweetheart!"

With that, he and the other two pressed the button on their sabers and swung them, saying, "SpyTech Analyzer: Stakeout SLASH!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The Attack Bot bellowed as three golden light waves collided with its body. Its armor sparked uncontrollably, and it fell to its knees before exploding. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Allright!" The Blue Ranger exclaimed, pumping his fist in excitement. "We did it!"

"See?" Quincy replied, lightly elbowing him. "What'd we tell ya?"

"We're not out of the woods just yet," Griffin reminded them, gesturing to his morpher as a countdown timer appeared. "Here comes the Attack Zord!"

"Doc, we need the Zords!" called Wendy.

"Way ahead of you, Ranger Yellow!" Doctor K pounded away at her keyboard, prepping the Zords for launch while Cheetor, Apex, and Bugz made their way into the hangar. "Downmorphing Zords...now!"

As the sky ruptured and a massive green portal birthed the Karate Attack Zord, the ground rumbled beneath the Rangers' feet. Their own Zords burst onto the scene, and the Rangers promptly boarded and combined them to form their respective Megazords.

"SpyTech Megazord: ONLINE!"

"BeetleBlast Megazord: ONLINE!"

With their Zords combined, the Rangers set to work with expediency, willing their Megazords forward as the Karate Attack Zord stomped towards them. The SpyTech Megazord swung its sword, but its target deflected this attack with a counter-chop before delivering a crane kick to the Megazord's abdomen. The BeetleBlast Megazord moved in to provide backup but was kept at bay with an energy blast the Attack Zord fired out of its chest.

"Rangers, that Attack Zord's defenses are too strong!" Doctor K informed via comms. "A direct attack is futile!"

"We'll have to flank it, then!" Quincy realized. He flicked a few switches above his head, then hollered, "Disengaging!"

The BeetleBlast Megazord split apart. As the SpyTech Megazord swung its sword at the Attack Zord, the Rhino Loader and Stag Jet split off and made their way down two different side streets. While the Attack Zord was preoccupied, Quincy and ALPHA managed to get in behind it. Quincy raised and extended his Zord's crane, which he used to yank at the Attack Zord's back. It turned its head and let out an angry shriek, then bellowed in pain when ALPHA flew in and fired a few missiles at its shoulder blades.

The Karate Attack Bot turned and lunged at its twin attackers in retaliation, unknowingly providing Griffin and the others the perfect opportunity. They struck while the iron was hot; Griffin twisted the dial on his morpher, and his arms glowed green as he placed his hands back on his controls. Wendy flipped a series of overhead switches, then glanced at her cockpit's readout screen as their sword filled with energy. Lastly, Kenny pulled a lever in his cockpit, boosting the output and speeding up the charge.

Once it was fully charged, they leaped back into action. Soundwaves shot out of their Megazord's knees and shins, trapping the distracted Attack Zord in a giant bubble. The Megazord raised its sword, which glowed bright green with energy.

"SpyTech Megazord: Dimension CRASH!" It delivered a diagonal slash to the Attack Zord's midsection, causing the bubble it was trapped in to ripple as its chassis was rocked with explosions.

The Karate Attack Zord roared in agony, then stumbled forward before falling to its knees and exploding.

"Shutdown: COMPLETE!" Kenny boomed triumphantly, removing his helmet as his lips curled into a massive grin.

"YOU FAILED? AGAIN?!" Venjix's voice echoed through his warehouse hideout, shaking the skeletal structure and causing Alt and the others to involuntarily tremble. "I'VE GIVEN YOU NOTHING BUT CHANCES, AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAS ANYTHING TO SHOW FOR IT! YOU'RE ALL USELESS! I SHOULD DESTROY YOU – ALL OF YOU!"

Alt squeezed her eyes shut, sweat trickling down her forehead as she braced for whatever punishment was to come. However, nothing ever happened, and as she opened her eyes again, Venjix's tone seemed to soften.

"...FORTUNATELY FOR YOU, MY CHILDREN, I CONTINUE TO NEED YOU. THIS IS WHY I HAVE DECIDED TO SPARE YOU. HOWEVER, FOR THE INDEFINITE FUTURE, WE WILL BE DOING THINGS MY WAY." He told them. "NO MORE ACTING ON YOUR OWN – EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THE THREE OF YOU ARE TO WAIT FOR MY ORDERS AND DO ONLY AS I SAY – DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Yes, Father…" They replied in unison, bowing their heads.

"GOOD. I'M GLAD WE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER...NOW GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" With that, the trio turned tail and ran out of the room, leaving their 'father' to his own devices. "MARK MY WORDS, RANGERS. I WILL INHABIT A PHYSICAL BODY AGAIN...AND ONCE I DO, THERE'LL BE HELL TO PAY!"

One Week Later – The Dojo

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to today's rescheduled karate tournament!" Announced the emcee, his voice echoing from the dojo's speakers. "Our first match will begin shortly! Introducing the competitors – Eduardo Suarez and Trevor Masters!"

"Whoo!" Kenny cheered, applauding his young mentee alongside Milly, Griffin, Wendy, and Quincy, all of whom accompanied him to the event. "Go Eddie!"

Eddie and Trevor strolled out of the locker room and onto the mat, where they gave each other a respectful bow. They then readied themselves for the match, lunging at one another when the bell rang.

"You've got this, bud!" Kenny's voice rang in Eddie's ears, prompting him to grin confidently as he began to spar with Trevor. "WHOO!"

- POWER RANGERS: CPU -
Sign up to rate and review this story