Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Teen Titans: The Sequel

Episode 3 - Unexpected Truth

by MoonIcev2 0 reviews

Beast Boy learns the truth about Terra.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Beast Boy,Robin,Slade,Terra - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2023-09-21 - 3222 words

0Unrated
The episode starts to where Robin wakes up. He is coated with an aura of blue electricity around him. Robin and the team are shocked. Robin at first was excited, but when he does that, the aura starts to increase on its own which surprises the whole team.

"Robin, STOP IT. YOU ARE DESTROYING THE LAB!" - Cyborg shouts at him.

"Eh. I am trying to but I don't know how." - Robin replies with a worried face.

Robin seems stressed at first. But he decides to try regaining his composure and gamble on concentrating. Once he does, the electric aura starts to diminish until it disappears. Robin is huffing after that. However, the lab was partly damaged from the released energy.

Robin looks at his own hands and realizes that since he just got the power, he can't control it that easily without training. Similar to Terra when she first joined the team.

Cyborg puts his hand on Robin's shoulder.

"Don't worry pal. We'll help you control your new awesome powers." - Cyborg encourages him with a smile.

Robin sees his 4 friends smile to his face. In other words, they will be with him, no matter what.

"Thank you guys." - Robin replies.

"No problems. Though from the energy emitted alone, it seems that your new powers are very powerful and unique. You can manipulale lightning & electricity now. Isn't that cool?" - Cyborg says with a cheering voice.

"Yeah. I can't wait to do test on this power. But first, there is something I need to do." - Robin tells Cyborg.

He leaves the lab and goes to his room.

Wildfire seems surprised when he saw this.

"So this was why he wanted that gem from me. It seems it really helped him grow more powerful." - Wildfire talks to himself.

Starfire decides to follow Robin to his room. Once she opens the door.

She sees Robin with new blue clothes. Though his hair is still spiky. He now wears a blue suit with some golden lines on his limbs and chest.

"Robin?" - Starfire questions the reason he chose this new outfit.

"Sorry Star. But "Robin" is no longer my alias. Now that I got these new powers. I think I should take a new identity. The name "Robin" has always linked me to the man who raised me and made me what I am now. I am thankful to him. But I am my own hero now. You already gave me the new name I should have before. So from now on, call me Nightwing!" - Robin/Nightwing says after putting the mask on his face.

"Hmm. Nightwing is a bit too long for a name. I'd call you Nightie for simplicity. Is that alright? Hhhhhh" - Starfire asks with a smirk.

"Sure. Now I wanna go outside to start testing these new abilities. Do you wanna help me?" - Nightie says

"OF COURSE I DO! LET'S GOOO!" - Starfire replies while excited.

Starfire takes Nightwing's arm and they decide to go outside the Tower.

An opening starts here.

3 days passed since Robin (or Nightwing) gained his new powers. And he has made a remarkable improvement when it came to controlling these powers in such a short time frame. He is called the Boy Wonder for a reason. He has always been talented and his combat skills and instincts have been honed tremendously since he was a child. Add to that the fact that his powers were very similar to the abilities that the empowered Red X suit gave him, and it makes more sense how he was able to control his power this effectively in a short timeframe. When Terra struggled with her Earth Manipulation powers at first, it took her a few weeks of training with Slade to be able to control it better, even then. It was not a perfect control until he gave her a special suit allowing her to not only ideally control her geokinesis power, but also amplify them. The first thing he's doing right now is flexing the tremendous super speed that he has. By coating himself with an electric aura, his speed rises tremendously to the point that he appears like a blue indistinct blur. And he is still holding his full speed back in-fear of losing control. A blue lightning trail appears behind him when he moves, and he runs while both of his arms are behind him.

The blue boy runs across all of Jump City in a second trying to flex his speed and comes back. Which impresses Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg & Starfire.

"Haha! This power is arguably the best thing I have ever had in my entire life. I feel so light and energetic. And also that I can do almost anything!" - Nightwing says with a big excitement showing on his face.

Starfire gets close to the blue hero while flying.

"Wow, you are so glorious now." - Starfire says with heart eyes on her face.

"Yeah definitely. If you have anything that you want me to deliver. I can do it in the blink of an eye." - Nightwing replies with a smile.

Nightwing then snaps his finger and Starfire suddenly finds him behind her which shocks her. She takes a small distance.

"Ehh. How did you do this?" - Starfire asks.

"Hahahahaha. Sorry for surprising you. You remember the Red X suit? I was able to teleport instantly at times when I had it. I made sure to add the same function in the machine i was building. But without any suit. All I need to do now is snap my fingers and I will be able to teleport to any place I imagine in my head now. However, I can only do it 5 times perday sadly, so I shouldn't spam it unless in-need. I can also teleport anyone who makes a physical contact with me. So we can even travel to other planets without the need of the Titans' ship now." - Nightwing replies.

"Oh. That's very impressive. Let's go test more of your powers on a safe place." - Starfire says happily.

She takes Nightwing's hand and drags him to a private place where they can have fun.

Meanwhile Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy look at them going from a distance.

"Our leader has really changed quickly. He decided to change his name from Robin to Nightwing. And he also gained some cool new abilities. His speed is insane. I really wonder if he could defeat Kid Flash in a race to be honest." - Cyborg talks with a smile.

"Yeah. He is a more powerful battle asset for the Teen Titans now." - Raven responds.

"What do you think about our leader in these most recent days, BB?" - Cyborg asks.

Beast Boy stays silent though. Seeing Robin testing his new powers that he struggled to control at first reminded him of Terra. He sees some of his moments with her when she joined the team. And when she told him to leave her alone in the end after she gets released from the petrification, which was still not solved to this day.

"Beast Boy?" - Cyborg tries to wake him up.

"Oh. Yea yeah. You're right. I am sorry, but I have to go buy something in the city. I'll come back later" - Beast Boy replies with some hesitation.

Beast Boy transforms into a bird and gets away from the Tower.

"That guy is acting weirdly for some reason." - Cyborg says with a slightly worried face.

Beast Boy walks through the city in his normal form and keeps remembering Terra. He doesn't know for sure if she truly lost her memories like she seems or she's just acting that way because she still can't forgive herself. Even though she should forget about it, she saved their lives after all. He does still hope if she gets back to the team.

Suddenly, an explosion happens on the other side of the city. Beast Boy feels that. But he remembers that it happened nearly on the same place where Terra's school is in.

So he hurries quickly to go check the issue there. He transforms into a Pterodactyl and flies to check.

Once he reaches the destination, he finds that the building next to the school was detonated by an unknown cause making all the students from that school run away terrified.

Beast Boy then looks and sees a big robot in front of that building. It's about 15 meters in size.

Beast Boy notices Terra looking at him which surprises him.

He turns into his T-Rex form to attack the robot. But the latter proved to be sturdy enough to compete and even overpower him, sending Beast Boy flying to a building with a punch. Beast Boy tries to turn into a tiny fly to enter its ear and then transform into a T-Rex by crushing it from inside. But even that did not work as the robot was very durable from inside as well.

So Beast Boy was forced to go outside. He wished that he could transform into his Werebeast form to stand a chance, but he could not enter that form without a certain condition for some reason, which he doesn't have. He decides to just gamble on the T-Rex form again and attack head-on. Once Beast Boy starts charging, the robot suddenly loses balance on the ground from a yellow-glowing rock. Beast Boy takes the opportunity to grab it with his mouth and send it flying through the sea, causing the robot to lose function and drown.

Though even Beast Boy noticed the yellow-glowing rock for a moment, and knew that it can only be from Terra who he tries to look at her place again. But he finds her disappeared suddenly.

Though that confirmed his suspicion, she never lost her memory and she was acting the entire time.

"Damn. I lost her again." - Beast Boy talks to himself.

Beast Boy turns into a bird and tries to search Terra from the sky. He struggles at first, but he manages to find her eventually. But she seems to find some other smaller robots in her way. Though they were around 3 meters in size each this time.

Terra is forced to attack them using her geokinesis power. Her eyes glow yellow and she pulls a big rock from the ground which destroys the robots quickly. Though she did know that it will expose her place to Beast Boy who is trying to find her. She tries to run away quickly, but he catches her.

"Terra, wait. Let's talk about this. You don't have to run away like that." – Beast Boy talks with a worried face.

"Just let me go. I already told you what I want" - Terra replies to Beast Boy while trying to get off his grip.

"Why did you lie about losing your memory?" - Beast Boy asks with a composed face.

Terra stays silent for a while. She tries to find another lie to lure him from the truth, but she exposed herself already.

"Terra, I am with you. I will always be. Just tell me the whole story. How did you survive? And why are you acting that you've lost your memory?" - Beast Boy says.

Terra continues to think. But she has no other choice. She stands up.

"Follow me." - Terra orders Beast Boy with a serious face.

He follows her and she leads him to a small house. She seems to be living on her own there. They enter the house. And then Terra brings 2 chairs for Beast Boy and herself and they sit on it.

"You may not believe me. But I myself am not so sure how I got out of the petrification that happened to me." - Terra says.

"Tell me what happened exactly. When did you find yourself able to move again?" - Beast Boy replies while being concerned.

"It was around a few weeks before you found me next to the school. I myself was not so sure how. But once I woke up. I found some device that helped me remove the suit that Slade attached to my nervous system somehow. I decided to take a normal life because I don't want to give you or the other Titans trouble anymore. But it seems that you've found out already…" - Terra talks with an anxious voice.

"But Terra, you've saved our……." - Beast Boy says.

"I know. But this was all my fault in the first place." - Terra interrupts.

"Terra……" - Beast Boy says

"Anyway, I told you all what I know. I don't know who exactly freed me and gave me that device. I owe him a lot. But I don't think I am joining the Teen Titans at this point. However, we can stay on-contact now that you found out the truth. I really wish you didn't though." - Terra talks with a smirk on her face.

Beast Boy seems happy for hearing that.

"Alright. I'll tell my friends about……" - Beast Boy tries to say.

"Don't tell anyone about our meeting. I beg you." - Terra interrupts with a loud voice.

Beast Boy is surprised. It reminds him of the day Terra told him to not tell his friends about her inability to control her powers properly. He thinks that she may still think that he did not keep his promise to her at that time and that she probably lost her trust to him.

"Well. Knowing you, you probably won't……" - Terra speaks.

"The day when you told me to not tell anyone about your powers at the time….. I didn't tell them. They found out by themselves. Though I couldn't tell you because you ran away quickly. I am sorry at the time. Though I promise you this time, no one will find out about our meeting here." - Beast Boy replies with a serious face.

Terra puts her face down and seems a bit sad because she did not believe him at the time. She puts her hand on her head.

"Terra, are you okay?" - Beast Boy asks.

"Yeah. Don't worry about me" - The blonde girl replies.

Beast Boy stands up to look at Terra closely. But suddenly, a giant robot attacks them after destroying the wall of Terra's small house. This pisses off Beast Boy.

"Stand back. I'll take care of it." - Beast Boy shouts.

Terra is shocked and she finds out that someone is intentionally sending these robots to her specifically. And not just for the citizens generally. She knows that the only one who could possibly send these robots is Slade. It makes sense since she betrayed him and she even thought she finished him at the time.

Beast Boy transforms into his Werebeast form from sheer rage and punches the robot to another building. This is an impressive feat since this robot is around 8 meters in size. Though the robot gets back up. Beast Boy and the robot rush at each other and clash fists equally. Though Beast Boy has the agility advantage, so he delivers multiple blows to the robot forcing it to take a few steps back. Though it starts charging an energy blast from its mouth. Beast Boy tries to move out of the way, but the robot shoots first. Luckily, Terra makes a shield from the ground to protect Beast Boy. Though it barely withstands the blast.

"Beast Boy, let's fight this big thing together." - Terra says.

Once she says so, she pulls a big rock from the ground and throws it at the robot. The robot struggles to block it, but eventually succeeds.

Although, this gives Beast Boy the opportunity to climb on its head. Then he decides to tear it off his body completely. Which causes the robot's defeat for good.

Beast Boy reverts to his normal form and falls from fatigue.

Though, even he knows that it is probably Slade's doing. He won't let him continue with his plans as he pleases. Even his leader decided to grow stronger to face him specifically, so he can't ignore him too.

Terra runs to Beast Boy while being worried about him.

"Beast Boy. Are you alright?" - Terra questions Beast Boy.

"Yeah Terra. I'm okay. But….. sorry for the wall getting a hole in it. Hahaha" - Beast Boy replies with a small laugh.

Terra gives a smile. And fixes the broken wall using her Earth manipulation power. Beast Boy is surprised at how she was able to fix it quickly since it requires some precision. He did notice that she improved a little bit since last time she used her powers.

Beast Boy and Terra decide to stay on the roof of the house.

Beast Boy is about to tell Terra about someone targeting her.

"I know what you're going to say. Someone wants to hurt me. And it is most likely Slade himself. Do not worry about me though. I can protect myself at this point." - Terra states with a serious face.

"But Terra, are you sure that you can take care of yourself?" - Beast Boy replies with a worried face.

"Yeah. I have grown stronger. Your friends need you way more than I do." - Terra says.

Beast Boy has a smile on his face and decides to give Terra the Titans' communicator.

"Here, we can stay on-contact in case you needed assistance. I'll come by myself. That's a promise." - Beast Boy talks.

Terra is surprised with the communicator and remembers the few good days she had with the Titans and Beast Boy specifically before Slade came in. This makes her start tearing up. Which surprises Beast Boy. But he gives her a hug.

"Thank you, Beast Boy!" - Terra says

They stay hugging each other for a few seconds, until Beast Boy decides to leave her and go meet his friends back.

"If there is something you need from me, do not hesitate to press on the communicator, Terra." - Beast Boy speaks with a smile.

Terra moves her head vertically to express her acceptance. And Beast Boy turns into an eagle to go back to the Titans' Tower.

By that point, we see a grown tall man wearing a white shirt and black pants spying on them from distance. He also has a white hair, and most notably, an eyepatch.

"If I am going to be honest, I merely sent those robots at you today to see your fighting capabilities after being unpetrified. You've definitely improved Terra. However, I think I may go back to another former sibling this time….." - the man replies with a calm face.

By the time he says that, the camera is seen towards Nightwing shooting some glass bottles with some concentrated electric beams he shoots from his 2 middle fingers to increase his precision skill. And Starfire is watching him.

The man then decides to leave………

An ending starts here

EPISODE ENDS.



Character Bio:

Real Name: Tara Markov

Alias: Terra

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Age: 15

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 98lbs

Powers/Abilities: Geokinesis, Earth Empowerment, Geokinetic creature creation, Gifted intellect of technology and security, Enhanced endurance, Above-average physical condition, Advanced skill in hand-to-hand combat.

Affilation: None (currently), Teen Titans (Formerly)
Sign up to rate and review this story