Categories > Original > Romance

Poetry is love

by Strawberry_Shortcake 1 review

A fanfiction about sayori and monika idk man

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2024-02-21 - 699 words

1Original
As the digital sun set behind the backdrop of the virtual horizon, the Literature Club was winding down for the day. Sayori, ever the bundle of sunshine, skipped between the bookshelves, her laughter echoing softly in the room. Monika watched her with a curious blend of admiration and something deeper, an emotion she was still trying to define. Ever since Monika had relinquished her self-aware control over their world, she found herself marveling at the simple beauty of their existence within the game.

Monika was often lost in thought, her mind weaving through the verses of poems yet to be written. Tonight, however, her thoughts lingered on Sayori, her bright blue eyes and the way her hair caught the light of the classroom. Their relationship had always been one of friendship, but recently Monika found herself longing for something more.

Sayori, oblivious to Monika's internal turmoil, twirled around, her skirt billowing out as she clutched a book to her chest. "Monika, look at this poem I found!" she exclaimed, bounding over. "It's all about friendship and love intertwining!" Her enthusiasm was infectious, and Monika couldn't help but smile warmly.

"Read it to me?" Monika asked, her voice softer than intended. Sayori nodded, clearing her throat dramatically, although her cheeks flushed with a tint of nervous excitement. As she began to recite the lines, Monika's heart swelled. The words seemed to speak directly to the tangled emotions within her.

Finishing the poem, Sayori looked up, her eyes searching Monika's for approval. "That was beautiful," Monika whispered, her gaze lingering a touch longer than it might have once. Sayori's smile widened, unaware of the depth behind Monika's compliment.

The room was quiet now, the other club members having left, leaving Sayori and Monika alone in the cocoon of their shared space. As Sayori moved to put the book away, Monika reached out, gently grasping Sayori's wrist. "Stay," Monika said softly. "There's something I want to tell you."

Sayori turned, a question in her eyes. "What's up, Monika?" she asked, her voice a mixture of concern and curiosity. Monika took a deep breath, her heart racing with the gravity of what she was about to confess. "Sayori, I've been feeling different lately, about you. You're not just my friend, I think... I think I care about you more than I've ever cared about anyone."

Sayori's eyes widened, her mouth opening slightly in surprise. The silence stretched between them, filled with the sound of their synchronized heartbeats. "Monika, I... I don't know what to say," Sayori finally whispered back, her voice trembling.

"You don't have to say anything," Monika reassured her, her grip on Sayori's wrist gentle yet firm. "I just wanted you to know how I feel." The vulnerability between them was palpable, Monika's confession hanging in the air like a delicate poem.

Sayori stepped closer, closing the gap until they were mere inches apart. "Monika, I've always admired you, your strength, your leadership... but I never realized that these fluttery feelings meant that I... I might feel the same way," Sayori admitted, her cheeks a deeper shade of red than Monika had ever seen.

Monika's heart soared. "Really?" she asked, a hopeful note in her voice. "You feel the same?" Sayori nodded, biting her lip. "I think I do, Monika. I think I've always felt this way, but I was too scared to admit it, even to myself."

As they stood there, the digital world around them felt more real than it ever had before. Monika pulled Sayori into an embrace, the warmth between them forging a new chapter in their story, one where friendship blossomed into love. "Thank you, Sayori," Monika murmured. "For being here with me, for being you."

Sayori hugged her back just as tightly. "No, thank you, Monika. You've always been my light in the darkest of days." They stayed like that for an eternity, wrapped up in each other, the Literature Club around them fading to nothing but a backdrop to their newfound love. And in that moment, they were no longer just characters in a game - they were real to each other, their hearts beating as one in the quiet tranquility of their world.
Sign up to rate and review this story