Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Now, Severus?

A Taste of Muggle Domesticity

by Emilie_D 1 review

Severus gets a chance to rest and hang out with Zelda and Michael.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Snape - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-10-04 - Updated: 2006-10-04 - 2721 words - Complete

1MarySue
"Have a seat, Severus," Michael grandly said, gesturing to the two outdoor chairs.

Severus eyed the molded plastic seats before him in distaste. At a wave of his wand, two spacious, cushioned chairs replaced them. "Better," he declared, seating himself in one, and stretching his thin legs out before him. "Thank you for making dinner," he added, feeling oddly contented after the meal.

"You're welcome," Michael replied, amused. "I wish I could help you in more useful ways than cooking."

"It is strange to me that you are willing to assist us," Severus said. "In our magical world, I have found that most people prefer to ignore events as they happen. The Order of the Phoenix is very small in numbers as well. I am beginning to wish that you were a wizard now, Michael... because your assistance to us would be invaluable."

"Zelda doesn't really seem to care that she can't do magic," Michael said thoughtfully. "But I wish I could do it."

"She told me that you are an exceptional Legilimens," Severus replied. "May I see a demonstration of this?"

Michael nodded, feeling suddenly nervous. Following Severus's lead, he looked into the wizard's black eyes... noticing that they seemed to have gone blank and expressionless. He had never tried to force his way into another person's thoughts before - in fact, he'd hated knowing what was in the minds of people around him.

When he tried to see Severus's thoughts though, he felt like he had met with a blank wall. Occlumency.

In spite of his initial misgivings, being blocked in this way was uncomfortably new to his experience. It frustrated him... spurring him on to try harder. Concentrating, he mentally pushed against the resistance.

Severus was surprised at the persistence and intensity of the pressure Michael was applying to him. He decided to change the test, suddenly pressing back. For that, he got a brief glimpse of the man's shock at the change... before he too met a blank wall. He smirked, impressed by that. He had detected no signs of panic, and Michael had even managed to keep the pressure on Severus - whilst defending his own mind. Each man continued to press the other harder. Severus realized that Michael was indeed a worthy opponent.

The contest continued for at least five minutes, growing more intense... before Severus finally allowed Michael a glimpse of Zelda ... snatching some chicken from him before dinner.

Michael laughed. Still unrelenting, he showed Severus a memory of shooting from the last time they had been in this place. He smirked quizzically and received a raised eyebrow in return... and at last, the pressure was suddenly gone.

"Most impressive," Severus said calmly. "Michael, do not say that you are unable to do magic, because this ability of yours is stronger than I have experienced from most wizards."

Michael felt ridiculously pleased. He had practiced hard since Zelda explained the process to him, but he had no idea whether he was competent to use it among magical people. "Does it translate to doing the wand stuff?" he asked hopefully.

Severus normally never let anyone touch his wand - except the one time that Zelda had tried - but without hesitation he pulled it out, saying, "You will not be satisfied until you know, so try it." He watched curiously as Michael took and studied it, looking quite awestruck.

"What should I do?" he asked nervously.

"Just wave it," Zelda said in amusement. She approached them, carrying a small tray with three mugs of coffee on it, and handed one to Severus.

Michael concentrated hard and waved the wand firmly, but nothing happened. He tried twice more before handing it back to Severus with a regretful smile. "I guess that's not my kind of magic," he muttered sadly.

Severus used the wand to enlarge the chair he sat in, making room for Zelda to settle down beside him. She handed Michael his coffee, saying, "Were you teasing about dessert? This coffee's crying out for something sweet."

Michael chuckled. "Does raspberry sorbet sound adequate?"

"Mmm... I'll probably choke some down, if you insist," she purred amusedly. "Would you be a complete angel and fetch it for us?"

Her hopeful smile made both men chuckle, and Michael headed for the kitchen. Severus conjured a small table, placed both coffee cups on it, and she climbed happily into his lap. She rubbed her face against his neck and kissed it.

"I can breathe again now that you're safe here," she said. "I love you, Professor Snape."

"A professor without a school, my girl," he said ironically. "I once had gainful employment, but you are now promised to an unemployed, wanted criminal."

Her peal of laughter delighted him, making a slight smile appear as he waited for her response.

"I feel so dangerous!" she chuckled. "Did you ask me to marry you so I can support you?"

As his lips began to explore her throat, he murmured, "Precisely."

"Well, that's fine. I'll keep my job, and you can cook lovely meals for me and be my sexy boy toy," she crooned in reply. She bit his earlobe and unbuttoned his shirt... slipping her hand inside to caress his chest.

"Did you decide on a different dessert, Zel?" Michael asked. His brown eyes twinkled as he took in the cozy scene.

"Absolutely not!" she said firmly. She carefully buttoned Severus's shirt and resumed her seat next to him, accepting her sorbet with a happy smile. "Will you be staying here tonight, Michael?"

"You two don't need me interrupting the honeymoon," he said tartly.

"I've missed you, buddy, and this is serious. We need you here whenever you can stand us," she said firmly.

Michael's brown eyes lit up with joy. He didn't want to intrude, but he wanted to be part of this fight, and he had missed Zelda too. "How about you, Severus?" he asked cautiously.

"I hope you will be here frequently," he said, "and I must ask a favor of you."

"What is it?" Michael asked, thrilled to be useful.

"Will you help Minerva to practice Legilimency and Occlumency?" Severus asked, "It is essential that she master it quickly. When she finds time, she will need to practice, and this is a safe place for her to do so."

"Am I competent to do it?" Michael asked seriously.

"Yes, of course," Severus said impatiently. "Your ability is remarkable."

"Of course I will," he replied. "I'll stay tonight too. I'm due back at work tomorrow evening, but I'll have enough time to coordinate schedules with Minerva and figure out when we can work together."

Zelda smiled affectionately. "You're the best, Michael. I'm going inside to wash dishes now." She disengaged herself from Severus with a kiss and headed back into the cabin.

Severus began to rise, intending to follow her... but Michael put a hand on his arm.

"Just a minute, and then we'll both go inside," he said.

Severus paused curiously, doing as he asked.

Michael studied him seriously. "I pissed Zel off earlier by meddling, when I asked what your intentions were toward her. I just want to tell you that I've never seen her so happy and I'm glad you two have found each other."

"I am glad that she has you in her life," Severus said. "If I should not return..." His mouth tightened and he did not finish voicing his thought. "I shall go in and wash dishes now, Michael, and after that, I must sleep." He rose and led the way back into the cabin. Just before entering, he turned to Michael and said, "Thank you."

By the time they were inside, Zelda had almost finished washing the dishes. She turned and smiled at them as they entered. When Severus picked up a dishtowel and began to dry a plate, she protested, "You're saving the world, Sev, you don't need to do this. You should relax."

"Helping you with the dishes is very relaxing," he said softly. "Would you deny me?"

"Never," she replied. "Every minute that you're here is wonderful and you'll do whatever you wish."

Michael made a comical retching sound and laughed when Zelda responded to that by putting her tongue out at him. "I'm actually tired and I have some reading to do," he said cheerfully, "So I'll let you two knock yourselves out cleaning the kitchen. See you in the morning, Have fun."

Zelda's smug smile made him laugh as he took himself off to sleep in the living room.

"Alone at last," Zelda said mischievously. "And we're almost done here."

He carefully dried the last glass and hung the towel up before he put his hands on her waist and drew her close. "Come along, my girl. You did say that I should do whatever I wish."

She cupped her hand over his cheek and stood on tiptoe to kiss him. "Anything," she said firmly.

"I wish to fuck you silly," he said, eyeing her speculatively. "Tomorrow is for planning, but tonight is ours."

"How vulgar. Where did you ever hear such language?" she replied, smirking. She turned off the kitchen light and led him to the bedroom. When the door closed behind them she looked at him laughing.

"Take off your clothes," Severus said softly. His eyes gleamed with mischief.

"What about you?" she asked, making no move yet.

"I shall watch you," he purred. "I never tire of looking at you."

Zelda blushed and began unfastening her robes. She felt his eyes on her as she tossed her clothing on the chair. "I feel ..." her voice died away and she was unable to look up at him. She stood before him naked and her cheeks were glowing crimson.

"How do you feel?" he asked. He was fascinated that she still seemed so shy at times, although they knew each other's bodies intimately by now. He gathered her close and tilted her chin up so their eyes met.

"Trusting this much is new for me, Sev," she said frankly. "I adore you, yet at times I'm terrified." She traced his ear slowly with her finger and rubbed her hand around his neck, under his hair. "I still can't believe you want me."

"Ah," he breathed, "Come here, sweetheart." He sat on the edge of the bed and pulled her into his lap. He smiled as her arms went around his neck. He caressed her bare back, making her sigh contentedly, and rubbed his nose gently against hers.

She brushed her lips against his. "I wish I had some control over my life," she confessed.

A rueful smile appeared on his harsh face. "We are absurdly similar, in that respect, for two people who seem so different. Until now I had no tie but to Albus Dumbledore. When I killed him, I accepted that no one would care about me. Your kindness to me was like a miracle and before I was conscious, I adored you." He pressed her onto the bed and began kissing her all over. His lips tickled across her tender belly, smiling when she laughed helplessly.

"You're totally irresistible," she said. "Take off your clothes, Severus. There may be some places I neglected to kiss earlier, and I hate to leave a job unfinished."

He hastily removed his clothing and lay down with her again. It pleased him that she found him so desirable. His skin tingled in anticipation of her touch and he moaned when she began rubbing and kissing his chest. She pressed her face against the flat of his belly, teasing the black hairs. Her breath was warm on his skin, and he felt himself becoming more aroused at every second... but he remembered something essential that needed to be done immediately. "Zelda, look into my eyes," he muttered regretfully. He drew her up and opened his mind to her.

"What is it?" she whispered.

"I know you," he said firmly. "And if someone used Polyjuice Potion to become you, there is no doubt that I would know it. You must be certain that you know me. It is conceivable that someone might impersonate me, so I must depend on you to recognize me. Can you do it?"

She nodded hesitantly, wondering what he was about to do. "I'll do whatever you wish."

After a life of self-imposed isolation this would be agonizing. He opened his mind, at first sharing memories that they both knew, and then... He showed her glimpses of teaching his classes, student faces and steaming cauldrons, memories of deep conversations with Dumbledore. A jab of fear hit his gut, but he forced himself on... offering brief memories of his youth...

Lily Evans smiling at him, his bitterness as he watched Potter and Black lording it among a group of fawning, eager girls. He showed her his father's furious eyes as he shouted and loomed over him, and allowed her to feel a child's terror. He showed her his mother's face, with her dark eyes filled with sadness and fear.

Finally he allowed her a glimpse of Voldemort... and let Zelda feel the loathing that he could allow no one else to see.

Severus was gasping and shaking by the time he had finished. He could never have done this with anyone besides Zelda, he thought, but he knew it was essential if he wanted to ensure that someone be able recognize him.

Zelda wrapped her arms around him and stroked his black hair. She kissed and caressed him until she felt his muscles relax. She smoothed the furrow between his brows and gently said, "I'll know you, dear boy."

"That was necessary, Zelda," he said weakly, "Thank you."

She kissed his neck tenderly and traced his chin with her fingers. "I never imagined being so close to anyone, Sev. Whatever we do together makes us stronger; doesn't it?"

"You ground me in reality," he said, nodding thoughtfully. "Perhaps my desire to be with you is not simply selfishness."

"You're not selfish," she snapped insistently. "You've been pathologically self-denying for too long."

"I am becoming so accustomed to your love for me that I feel like a complete hedonist," he replied sardonically. He lowered his head, and took her nipple into his mouth, sucking eagerly. "I adore your lovely tits," he whispered, teasing it with his tongue and savoring the texture of its erect hardness. He cupped his hand around it, and moved his mouth to explore the other.

Her body ached with the need for him, and she began caressing his spare, firm torso yet again... lovingly insistent. "You're wonderful. No matter what happens I want you to be with me." She twisted her fingers into his long hair... and pulled it, holding his head to her face while rubbing her nose against his.

As their mouths came together, she sank her teeth in his lower lip; sighing when he responded by kissing her more insistently.

"Will you come back here whenever you're not... working?" she asked hopefully, reaching down to fondle his testicles.

"Is this an attempt to convince me?" he growled, pressing her legs apart and using his fingers to good effect. His breath caught as her fingers roamed deeper between his legs. "I will always return to you." He rolled her fully onto her back and rubbed teasingly against her, holding her wrists above her head, smirking when she thrust her hips toward him eagerly.

"Please, Severus?" she asked simply, offering her body to him, her eyes glowing. "I can't believe I've become this submissive creature with you. I should be ashamed of myself, but I love it," she whispered guiltily. She pressed eagerly toward him again, and when he released her wrists, she twined her arms around his neck.

"It seems I have become the master of my own little sweetheart," He replied as he slid inside her... their eyes meeting in delight, "My very good girl," he whispered mockingly... and instead of taking offense, she laughed playfully, and began to suck on his neck.

She matched her rhythm to his thrusts and lost herself in passion. He felt her on the edge and held back, making her climax while he watched her expression, taking delight in it before finding his own release.

He held her afterwards, as they both slept dreamlessly through the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story