Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Blissful Love

Blissful Love

by shasta 0 reviews

Raven shows Beast Boy the power of emotion BBXRae oneshot

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Beast Boy, Raven - Published: 2006-10-04 - Updated: 2006-10-05 - 647 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was sunset at Titans Tower. Everyone else was watching Terminator, while Raven had gone to the roof to be alone. Beast Boy had felt the need to check on her seeing as she was acting more distant than usual.
He found Raven sitting and hugging her knees to her chest, just sitting, and marveling at the beauty of the sunset.

Raven however, was more beautiful than this, or any sunset that dared graced the sky. He snapped out of his trance when he heard her voice, "Starfire, I told you I wanted to be alone." Raven said coldly.

"Sorry, I just thought you could use some company." BB said nervously.
Immediately Raven's head whipped around to face the source of the voice.
"Oh." Raven said quietly. BB just turned and headed back down into the tower. "Wait...Beast Boy...I need someone to talk to." Raven called after him. BB then came back to where she was sitting and sat himself down beside her.

"You know...being the way I am, being empathic I mean" Raven began warmly. "My sense of emotion is incredible." "I don't get it?" BB said with a puzzled look. "I hear music in the rise and fall of the sun...imagine the most beautiful music in existence and magnify it by infinity." Raven said dreamily, she then closed her eyes and sighed sweetly. "Can you hear it B?" Raven said lovingly with a smile. "I wish I could." Raven then gently touched his forehead with her hand.

All at once the song 'A Message by Coldplay' came to Beast Boy's ears like a soft breeze. It was just as she'd described, the song put him into a state of pure bliss, yet it was uninterrupted by emotion or thought. It was just there, he was there, and she was there with him, together as one. He knew she could feel what he felt for her...Love, Beast Boy then closed his eyes.

'My song is love
Love to the loveless shore
And it goes on
You don't have to be alone

Your heavy heart
Is made of stone
And it's so hard to see clearly
You don't have to be on your own
You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
Got to get that message home

My song is love
My song is love, unknown
But I'm on fire for you, clearly
You don't have to be alone
You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
And I'm nothing on my own
Got to get that message home

And I'm not gonna stand and wait
Not gonna leave it until its much too late
On a platform I'm gonna stand and sing
That I'm nothing on my own
And I love you, please come home

My song is love, is love unknown
And I've got to get that message home'

The two just opened there eyes and looked at each other sweetly for a minute after the song ended. "Raven...that was amazing." BB said in disbelief, "What did you hear?" Raven asked BB. "A Message by Coldplay." BB said simply. "I heard it too." Raven then looked down at her feet, buried her face in her hands and started to cry. "I'm sorry...for everything I ever...said about you." Raven cried between sobs.

She then wiped away her tears "It's just...I never knew you felt so much for me." Raven said with a smile, BB smiled back. "But it's true Rae, that kind of bliss is exactly like what I feel for you." BB then leaned in and kissed her.

(End)
Sign up to rate and review this story